Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-28-2009, 03:42 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
If you don't want the TV to rot your kids' brains, then how about you take a more active role and be there when this type of stuff comes on. I think that Felissa Rose from Sleepaway Camp had a lot of brilliant things to say on the matter; you see an image like that of Santa Clause, you take it as an educational opportunity to sit down with your kids. Don't take it out on the movie industry.
Yeah, absolutely. This is something that has always outraged me. Irresponsible parents looking for scapegoats to blame for their lazy parenting. It'll never stop. It's just going to be a series of things blamed.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:18 PM
HDC Idol

Oh! I just remembered! The voice dubbing was mismatched in the version of Going to Pieces that I saw... I was wondering if it was an Instant Watch Netflix issue or if the documentary itself had that problem - Did you guys notice really bad sound/voice lag?

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 03-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Then again, all of the Tom Savini parts, interviews, scenes, clips were brilliant too. If the movie focused purely on his special effects genius, I would have been just as psyched.
Scream Greats Vol. 1 is a great doco on Savini that you should check out if you haven't already.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:25 AM
Dream Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Cheetara101 Send a message via Yahoo to Cheetara101 Send a message via Skype™ to Cheetara101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Anyone checked out this doco on slasher flicks yet? I watched it last night and thought it was pretty decent. It does just scrape the surface of it all but covers a few of the classics. The Silent Night, Deadly Night controversy had me laughing... fuck some people are uptight.
I agree with you... The documentary barely scraped the surface when it comes to horror & slasher films. I wished the documentary would have included comments from horror fans as well as the horror filmakers. I find it interesting to see what lurks in other minds...
Old 04-26-2009, 07:37 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Scream Greats Vol. 1 is a great doco on Savini that you should check out if you haven't already.

That looks fantastic! I'll definitely have to check it out. Savini is such a cool guy. Thanks. :)

Old 04-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Misanthrope

Yeh Savini is one of my heroes. Hopefully you can find a copy somewhere, I think it only exists on VHS and LD
Old 04-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yeh Savini is one of my heroes. Hopefully you can find a copy somewhere, I think it only exists on VHS and LD
I have or had that on VHS....it could be buried somewhere in a box.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Misanthrope

I picked up the VHS a couple of years back. Its become pretty collectable
Old 05-02-2009, 06:05 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Yeah, this is unfortunately not a Netflix one... I might have to see if I can stream it somewhere online.