Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Evil Dead

Fable II

This came out today. Anyone else going to be grabbing their copy? :D
Old 10-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Evil Dead

Got mine today. Been playing it most of the afternoon. Very good. Not so much like the first one, but more like Oblivion.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Evil Puppy

I'll have it before the end of the year for sure, I can't wait either.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Evil Dead

I have it, of course it's sitting in my draw un-wrapped till I get around to actually playing it.

Be sure to let us know what you think of it overall VC.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Evil Dead

So far it's very engrossing. I was playing for about 3 hours straight, and it felt like 20 minutes.

The graphics are great, if a little cartoony.

The overall feel of the game has a more fairytale feel to it, than the original.

A lot more freedom than the first game. You can even swim now. (You have to stock up on condoms!)

The camera is my only issue with it. Sometimes you can't see what you're doing.

It's not quite as much of a happy place, as the first time we saw Albion...Something seems darker.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Evil Dead

I've been staying with my bro for the week and he got it yesterday and I must say it looks pretty sweet. This is the main reason I wanted to get a 360. I love how it's still Fable though and alot more in depth(I.E condoms etc).

The one gripe I have is the styles. In Fable you had big cards showing you what style was what and in this one its kind of hard to make out the hair and stuff. Of course you can make it out, just wish you could preview the clothes and stuff instead of having a tiny picture.

The dog is very cool too, I thought "oh he'll get in the way" but no it's a very cool and comforting aspect. The main thing I love is the interaction, you always have a choice. So far it looks great and sure a little cartoony but very fun and open. I don't want to get too much into it until I get a 360.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:57 AM
Evil Dead

It serves as a cute fairy tale video game. Soft colors, no great contest, it works for what it is that's for sure.

It's design of "postive reinforcement" has merit, its kinda cool to know that the greatest battle you face is making the disposal of ones enemies look good. Your a hero, some no name scumbag has no hope against you, but how flashy was their elimination?

I find it endearing to play, not sure in good conscience I can recomend it to non-RPG fans, but it's for lack of a better word... cute.

Last edited by Azazel005; 11-15-2008 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Sobriety Edit
Old 03-14-2009, 04:57 PM
HDC Idol

So I just borrowed Fable 2 from a coworker and let me say... I'm ridiculously disappointed.

Pros:
  • The graphics are gorgeous
  • The Dog - Man's best friend is a fantastic addition to this one

HOWEVER

Cons:
  • While the graphics are gorgeous, I think that the artwork done on your player's character and any other human in the game is choppy, unrealistic, and unattractive
  • The game is too linear; what happened to the days of being able to wander off and kill critters to your heart's content??
  • The game is too easy; combat isn't a challenge, and the physics engine leaves a LOT to be desired.
  • The story, plot - Though general fantasy fodder I find incredibly boring
  • Player interactions - It's like Sims meets Diablo gone wrong... All I can do is dance and wave my ass at people. There are only few people that you can have conversations with, and they're few and far between. The townsfolk follow me around everywhere because I'm so "loved" - It's OBNOXIOUS
  • The controls are awkward and non-intuitive (why is it that the "attack" command doesn't utilize either of the triggers??)
  • The timing patter mini-games (Blacksmithing, Woodcutting) are repetitive, dull, and annoying

What I would expect more of:
  • Abilities to interact with people that are more relevant to its RPG nature (conversation selections, etc.)
  • The ability to wander OFF the path a little bit and explore and just KILL things if you want to
  • Side quests
  • More intuitive interface - I feel as though these menus were designed for the NES

I find this game absolutely shocking. The Quest for Glory series and even the first Diablo for the PC 368 were more entertaining than this trip. I find it inexcusable that, with the technology at their fingertips, the designers for this one would be so unimaginative.

PLEASE someone defend this game for me - I am so frustrated and honestly am having a difficult time seeing its merits.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!