Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-01-2009, 10:08 PM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprucky Cougar View Post
Hey !!! You guys want our Kyle Boller? We Ravens can not stand him. [I actually supported never drafting him in ;03 and stay with the possibility of Byron Leftwich and this defensive guy that plays with NE-I forget his name at the moment. But no, we trade up to get Boller from Cal]

We're cool with the Rookie of the Year Joe Flacco and Heisman trophy winner Troy Smith. Boller has a hell of a arm...but needs to work on accuracy in terms getting in good positions for his receivers instead of those SS and DB down the field.

Detroit might wind up with him, if they can't get Cassel.

I'm a Saints fan. All good at QB here.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:12 PM
No charge for awesomeness

You know what pisses me off about the Vikings franchise?

We had Tony Dungy & Mike Tomlin in our coaching system, they both get lured away by head coaching jobs at other teams and go on to win Super Bowls, meanwhile we're stuck with fuckin' idiot after idiot for our head coaches. Dennis Green sucked, Mike Tice sucked, Brad Childress sucks. It's ridiculous.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Leprucky Cougar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post
Boller is on par with what I would expect the Vikings to go after, which doesn't speak well of him. I'd take Flacco in a heartbeat though. He came out of nowhere this year and turned out to be excellent.

TJax would be okay as a backup if we traded for Cassel and dicthed Frerotte. I'm not comfortable with him at all in the starting spot though. He's still making too many mistakes.
Yeah....the Vikes deserve better than Boller, if anything he's headed for Detroit-but you never know. The Bills don't have a good QB I don't think either. I watched a game they had against the Jets and they were moments from winning b/c Favre had a so-so game...but the last quarter, within the last couple of minutes he blew. Part of being a good QB I think, is knowing how to manage clock well with a lead--don't do anything crazy. Boller too, hasn't been able to master that skill either.

Don't run away from me;
I'm Sorry if I was a little too brash.
Now hand over me Shilling;
Or I'll kill your Ass ! :D
Old 02-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:

We had Tony Dungy & Mike Tomlin in our coaching system, they both get lured away by head coaching jobs at other teams and go on to win Super Bowls, meanwhile we're stuck with fuckin' idiot after idiot for our head coaches. Dennis Green sucked, Mike Tice sucked, Brad Childress sucks. It's ridiculous.
Yeah, don't feel bad , my ravens are kinda stuck in a rut too. We let Rex Ryan go off to the Jets (I can understand, he deserved it) but we have 3 mega star free agent LB I'm sure teams can't wait to snag : "Sugar" Ray Lewis (52) Bart Scott (57) and Terell "T. Sizzle" Suggs (55) If I were Coach Harbaugh I would take a pay cutt so I could keep all of my key veteran players. That, or make my rookie OB take a cut, out of repsect for the long-term vets, and immediately get rid of Boller for the salary cap issues...We gotta renew their franchise contracts.

Don't run away from me;
Old 02-01-2009, 10:26 PM
The Dork Knight

Quote:

Barring a deep playoff run, Childress is probably out the door. Then you have Cowher, Shanahan, and Holmgren available just to name a few.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSTIN316426808 View Post
Barring a deep playoff run, Childress is probably out the door. Then you have Cowher, Shanahan, and Holmgren available just to name a few.
Shannahan would be a good pick. Cowher doesn't seem like he wants 2 make a comeback at coaching. Shannahan's firing suprised the hell out of me though. He's the heart and soul of Denver.....at least in 1997 we could tell....lol

Don't run away from me;
Old 02-01-2009, 10:52 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSTIN316426808 View Post
We didn't have a deep run, but I feel like since he got us there, we'll be stuck with him for at least another year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they might dump him this off-season still, but it seems unlikely.

I don't want Holmgren for the same reason I didn't/don't want Favre. If we get either of them and then do well or God forbid, win a Super Bowl, we'll never hear the end of it from the fuckin' Packer fans. Longwell & Sharper are more than enough former Packers on our squad right now. (If you've never traveled up north here, that Vikes/Packers rivalry runs very deep. In fact, when I was in college in Wisconsin near the MN border, there would literally be brawls after the games.) We hate the Packer fans and they hate us. Depending on what part of Wisconsin someone's from, they may hate the Bears fans equally, but rest assured everyone in MN hates the Packers more than the Bears or the Lions.

I agree that Cower seems content in retirement.

Shanahan would be a great option.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
(If you've never traveled up north here, that Vikes/Packers rivalry runs very deep. In fact, when I was in college in Wisconsin near the MN border, there would literally be brawls after the games.) We hate the Packer fans and they hate us. Depending on what part of Wisconsin someone's from, they may hate the Bears fans equally, but rest assured everyone in MN hates the Packers more than the Bears or the Lions.

Same thing with the Steelers/Ravens -We're always exchanging the AFC North Title. It used to be Ravens/Titans- when we were both in AFC Central. It's also like this with Baltimore and DC: The Battle of the beltway-Ravens/Redskins. We're still not over the Colts leaving us in the 1980s or DC taking the bullets and making them the Washington bullets. So I see what you mean about the rivalry thing.

But the steelers rivialry is bigger than the Redskins 1. We're in the same divisiions. We're the number 1 and 2 defense. Purple and Black vs. Yellow and Black. Lots more in common.

Don't run away from me;
Old 02-01-2009, 11:53 PM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
We didn't have a deep run, but I feel like since he got us there, we'll be stuck with him for at least another year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they might dump him this off-season still, but it seems unlikely.

I don't want Holmgren for the same reason I didn't/don't want Favre. If we get either of them and then do well or God forbid, win a Super Bowl, we'll never hear the end of it from the fuckin' Packer fans. Longwell & Sharper are more than enough former Packers on our squad right now. (If you've never traveled up north here, that Vikes/Packers rivalry runs very deep. In fact, when I was in college in Wisconsin near the MN border, there would literally be brawls after the games.) We hate the Packer fans and they hate us. Depending on what part of Wisconsin someone's from, they may hate the Bears fans equally, but rest assured everyone in MN hates the Packers more than the Bears or the Lions.

I agree that Cower seems content in retirement.

Shanahan would be a great option.
I was talking about next season. All those guys are going to be out this year. And I see where you're coming from, I do. However, if the Saints were to suddenly acquire a few Falcons and win a Super Bowl, they could run their mouths all they like, and I'd literally be physically unable to give a fuck.