Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Dear friend... are you drunk?
LOL..of course..

but as for your OP - i imagine the time/energy/cost to recyle a matress would make most ppl think twice about it...
Old 07-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
I can't see them using the entire mattress when recycling it. They could definately use the frame right away, cause you would want the same size anyway. The springs are usually worn out but they could use "new" springs and then melt yours down to use for the next guy. That's all fine and dandy, but reusing the coushioning would be unhygenic and impossible in some cases. New mattresses are made with NASA technology, or space age memory foam blah blah blah. all patented.

A good idea in theory, but I think you would need to invest in a mattress from that company, that is made from recycled goods, in order for them to recycle it afterwards. Still a good plan and at the very least, less stuff will go in the landfill.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
LOL..of course..

but as for your OP - i imagine the time/energy/cost to recyle a matress would make most ppl think twice about it...
not really. people today are all for spending money for a cause. The biggest cause being global warming. There are people who will spend 40 bucks on a market bag so they don't have to use plastic bags that they get for free or for 10 cents. So why wouldn't they spend the money to keep junk out of the landfills?
Old 08-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Waste Disposer

Everything is recycled.
The padding is ripped out, ripped up and washed,

the people who have the actual recycle mattress companies just take everything APART, then they ship it to where ever it needs to go.

I was thinking maybe if we took that idea one step further and just started recycling our old mattresses and getting a newly MADE one from the old scrap...

Here's an example:
http://www.bedbusters.com/