Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
No shit.

After all the hype and marketing and Ledger's death, I was so ready to bash this movie for not living up to critics' and comic-fans' expectations!

Boy...was I wrong! :D
I was with a huge group of friends. Leaving the theater not one of us didn't say "That was the best movie I've ever seen."

Here's hoping it takes the O.W. record from Spider-Man 3, because I hate to see that movie #1 on any list, other than best cameo.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:07 PM
For Vendetta

I hope it busts every damn BO record ever made.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
I hope it busts every damn BO record ever made.
Agreed.I hope buries Titanic World Wide BO wise.But it doesn't have to because its easily the better film.I smell oscars for this movie though.Heh.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:12 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

...............................*MOVED*

Last edited by illdojo; 07-18-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

EDIT
Moved to:

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthre...d=1#post715078

Last edited by massacre man; 07-18-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:17 PM
For Vendetta

*****Super Spoiler Alert*****

The cop in the interrogation room.

and

"I am going to make this pencil disappear!"

*****End of super spoiler*****
Old 07-18-2008, 11:18 PM
Evil Dead

I really enjoyed the shit outta this one. This is the first movie I decided to go and see on opening night in over probably 10 year or something like that. What made the whole experience for me that much better, is that there were NO children running around, and no small babies screaming. No distractions at all from the crowd, which is pretty much a fucking first for me, in a theatre... ESPECIALLY on opening night.

Though I must say I much prefer Katie Holmes in the role of Rachel, to Maggie Gyllenhaal. I think Maggie's pretty rough to look at, actually.... It looks like her face is smashed in, and she looks much older than I am sure she is. Just not attractive at all, and her performance wasn't any better or worse than Holmes', I didn't think.

Other than that, am I the only one who thinks that Aaron Eckhart looks almost exactly like Thomas Jane? I SWORE it was Tom Jane playing Two-Face! Boy was I wrong! And whatta great character, and acting job he did as Harvey Dent. I was a bit disappointed with his ultimate demise, I was thinking they'd save him for a 3rd film.

Gary Oldman as the commissioner did a helluva job in this too. Much more prominent in this movie, as compared to Begins, and I really got behind him. Helluva job here.

Also absolutely LOVED Bale once again as Wayne/Batman. FUCK Michael Keaton, FUCK Val Kilm, FUCK George Clooney, FUCK Adam West - Christian Bale OWNS this character IMO. Kick-ass, innovative action scenes, sweet gadgets galore, and great character development.

Heath Ledger's final performance turns out to be his absolute GREATEST one as well. Just ridiculous how this guy transformed himself into this looney, likeable, maniacal, insane, twisted, masochistically gleeful individual. He really made this movie for me.... I was smiling ANY and EVERY time he was on the screen.... When he wasn't on the screen, I was anticipating when I'd next see him. Of course that didn't stop me from enjoying the rest of this film though.

This movie was awful long, but I can't complain. I think this is probably the BEST comic book movie out there... It'd be a toss-up between this, X2, Spider-man 1 and Superman Returns. They're all fucking FANTASTIC in my mind.

If you're not a fanboy, and have been thinking about seeing this.... Just do yourself a favour and do it. I was on the fence about it before today.... But I bought into all the hype, and the movie more than outdid itself in being an immensely enjoyable time at the theatre! :)
Old 07-19-2008, 04:22 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I can't wait to see this movie! Seriously, if you lot are all right about it, this will be BRILLIANT!

The Ferrets like it...
Old 07-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post
I was with a huge group of friends. Leaving the theater not one of us didn't say "That was the best movie I've ever seen."
Dark Knight was great and I wholly recommend it but maybe you and your buddies need to see some more movies. ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, do NOT miss the IMAX showing of this. It was such a beautiful experience, the visuals are impossible not to love.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Dark Knight was great and I wholly recommend it but maybe you and your buddies need to see some more movies. ;)
No thanks. I'm content with Dark Knight.