Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-27-2008, 04:26 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Anchor Bay UK message board is gone!

One of my favorite message boards, the Anchor Bay UK board, got shut down very suddenly as a result of changes at the Anchor Bay UK site.

I loved talking to those guys there, they were really knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. I had no idea they were going to do this.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 04-27-2008, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

i occasionally posted there.

Quote:
Everyone at ABUK would like to thank Marc Morris who has been our webmaster since the sites launch back in 2001 - we have to say bye to Marc but his knowledge of our film and horror catalogue has been second to none and he has been a huge help to us in answering your queries and keeping the site bang up to date. Thanks Marc.

that doesn't sound good. ABUK had been moving away from genre titles as it was, this reminds me of what happened with hkl/premier asia/contender when bey logan left.

they very quickly went down hill.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

i dont know if AB in the UK is the same as everywhere else - but when they got bought by starz - i think their focus changed to family oriented films - and TV series.

there are still some genre titles, and they keep reissuing the old standards - but i think they are going to be few and far between.

it's a huge shame.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:02 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Well..........those guys on the message board were COOL--they knew lots about all sorts of exploitation movies. Experts. They should show up here and post a little. Hey, you guys, where did you go?? Post over here you Anchor Bay UK Message Board Maniacs.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 05-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
Well..........those guys on the message board were COOL--they knew lots about all sorts of exploitation movies. Experts. They should show up here and post a little. Hey, you guys, where did you go?? Post over here you Anchor Bay UK Message Board Maniacs.
I remember being pointed to www.xploitedcinema.com a long time ago by a member of that board. They were helpful folk...