Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-18-2007, 04:57 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

So I'm learning to be not-so-candid about my behind-the-scenes life. Seems most people don't like this sort of thing being made public, but I just had to share this tidbit.

We had received tons and tons of notes on our script from Mr Carpenter and spent the las couple of weeks implementing them. We turned in a draft a week ago Monday (minus the big finale - which we agreed to hold off on until after the bulk of the script has been tweaked) and have been waiting with baited breath for his response.

Met with him an hour ago. He loves it and repeatedly called us geniuses - which made me really uncomfortable, but I'll learn to live with it.

Now we just have to finish it. I can't believe what an amazing sensation this is, I'm all tingly.:D

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 04-18-2007, 09:29 PM
No charge for awesomeness

I was kinda wondering why your updates had slowed down. Did someone in Tinseltown see something you wrote on here & call you out on it or something?

Anyways, it's pretty awesome that JC likes your rewrite, but I think I'd feel a little uncomfortable as well if someone I held in such high regard kept pouring on the compliments like that. It's a great thing, I'm just not sure if I'd know how to react or what to say to that. lol

If you don't feel like you should answer this, then please don't, but I am curious... This LA Gothic script... Is it optioned right now or is it sold? Or somewhere in between?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:08 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I'll tell you all about it when it's prudent to do so:)

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 04-19-2007, 12:12 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
I'll tell you all about it when it's prudent to do so:)
Fair enough. Keep me posted. :)
Old 04-20-2007, 12:38 AM
Can you dig it ?

I'm still catching up on threads I've missed over the last few months I've been away and just caught this now. Many congrats, Roderick. My partner in filmmaking here in NC would kill to be in your shoes (figuratively speaking I would hope). I'm wrapping up sound on his first feature now in his office/spare bedroom and it's wall-to-wall JC posters and books in here. Best of luck on your film.
CK
Old 04-20-2007, 07:29 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Yes I just seen this thread, congrats to you my friend! I wish you the best of luck with this, I can tell that you are extremely happy. *cheers*
Old 04-20-2007, 08:35 AM
bite me harder

Send a message via AIM to bleeding_angelgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
So I'm learning to be not-so-candid about my behind-the-scenes life. Seems most people don't like this sort of thing being made public, but I just had to share this tidbit.

We had received tons and tons of notes on our script from Mr Carpenter and spent the las couple of weeks implementing them. We turned in a draft a week ago Monday (minus the big finale - which we agreed to hold off on until after the bulk of the script has been tweaked) and have been waiting with baited breath for his response.

Met with him an hour ago. He loves it and repeatedly called us geniuses - which made me really uncomfortable, but I'll learn to live with it.

Now we just have to finish it. I can't believe what an amazing sensation this is, I'm all tingly.:D

congrats that is so awsome

I love the lines the men use to get us into bed. 'Please, I'll only put it in for a minute.' What am I, a microwave?
Old 04-29-2007, 03:03 PM
whatever gets you through

congrats rod - you deserve great success!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:03 AM
irontony88

hellz yeah
Old 04-30-2007, 11:35 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Thanks for the words of support, they are appreciated.

I'm afraid I won't be able to hang around the ol' HDC anymore. Apparently it's all too easy for anything I say in a public forum to be used against me in my professional life. And as much as I like you guys and gals, the career is a bit more important. So...

Thanks for the laughs. I'm outta here!

And go see my movies!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Francis Bacon