Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Scares Little Kids

Doorways For The Dispossessed

Hi All,

Shameless self promotion here. I'm a New Zealand Born writer now living in Melbourne, Australia and my first collection of short stories has just been released through Prime Books and is called "Doorways For The Dispossessed".

It reads something like this:

Follow murderous trails into the bloody foothills of Kathmandu; destroy yourself with obsessive sexual jealousies; disappear into the drug-hazed dust of the Baluchistan desert; and share health-conscious recipes with a gourmet cannibal. Read dark, hard-edged fantasies about people dealing with strong emotions in impossible situations and experience the paranoia, fear and lust that lurks in the shadowy recesses of the human soul.

With an introduction by esteemed author Jack Dann, this anthology contains twenty-one stories, including the Aurealis Award and Ditmar winning novella The Last Days Of Kali Yuga, plus ten other nominated or Datlow Year's Best Honorable Mentioned work. It also includes two previously unpublished stories.

I'm a long time fan of the horror genre and I hope that it shows in my fiction. It's dark, intelligent, nasty, buried in home truths and sometimes very funny. Oh, and it's got a great review at OzHorrorScope.

Regards,

Paul Haines

Doorways For The Dispossessed
OzHorrorScope
Old 09-15-2006, 03:50 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Re: Doorways For The Dispossessed

Quote:
Originally posted by videorat
Follow murderous trails into the bloody foothills of Kathmandu; destroy yourself with obsessive sexual jealousies; disappear into the drug-hazed dust of the Baluchistan desert; and share health-conscious recipes with a gourmet cannibal. Read dark, hard-edged fantasies about people dealing with strong emotions in impossible situations and experience the paranoia, fear and lust that lurks in the shadowy recesses of the human soul.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:48 AM
Scares Little Kids

I guess that's either a bad thing or a good thing. I'm not sure...
Old 09-16-2006, 06:15 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by videorat
I guess that's either a bad thing or a good thing. I'm not sure...
:rolleyes:

s

h

a

m

e

f

o

o

l