#1  
Old 04-07-2015, 01:59 AM
neilold neilold is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 348
just seen the lazarus effect (spoilers)

hyped up and it turned out to be utter pish. A good idea rruined by the story running into cliched suopernatural/ghost terittory, something that is alll to prevalent at the moment. The idea of coming back after death is an interesting one if they had then challenged afterlife and the beliefs of what happens to you when you die it could have being so much better Also, once again, another film ruined by being in pitch black half of the time. Avoid

Last edited by neilold; 04-07-2015 at 02:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-07-2015, 07:50 AM
horcrux2007's Avatar
horcrux2007 horcrux2007 is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,744
"Hyped up"? I haven't heard any hype or good things about this movie.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2015, 12:39 AM
tfantasy's Avatar
tfantasy tfantasy is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,454
I have heard good and bad reviews but I always make my own judgments. Man, if I listened to everyone else, I probably wouldn't watch very many movies!!
__________________
Let's just say that if all the corpses were to stand up at once, we'd have one hell of a population problem

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-02-2019, 01:04 AM
ImmortalSlasher's Avatar
ImmortalSlasher ImmortalSlasher is offline
Immortal horror fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In a dark moonlit forest.
Posts: 1,138
The movie sucks. I just watched it. Posting a review in the Last Seen topic.

http://horror.com/forum/showpost.php...ostcount=10061
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-07-2019, 03:26 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 4,917
Great concept to work with, but yes, this movie wasn't very good. If you're going to use a smart concept, better be smart. This picked up the ball and then dropped it.
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-08-2019, 11:16 PM
ImmortalSlasher's Avatar
ImmortalSlasher ImmortalSlasher is offline
Immortal horror fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In a dark moonlit forest.
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Great concept to work with, but yes, this movie wasn't very good. If you're going to use a smart concept, better be smart. This picked up the ball and then dropped it.
Basically it seems like someone took Flatliners and then thought let's make the creepy little girl that shows up in horror movies as an adult. But she wasn't very creepy. Pointless movie that shows the power of marketing.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Basically it seems like someone took Flatliners and then thought let's make the creepy little girl that shows up in horror movies as an adult. But she wasn't very creepy. Pointless movie that shows the power of marketing.
Too true. Once she was a thing, there wasn't any rhyme or reason to what she or anyone else was doing.

I liked Flatliners (original). Although, I wasn't crazy about the ending. I don't want to lay a spoiler, but if you've seen it, it started off big concept with lot of wonder, and then went small concept horror. Which, I don't blame them... you have to have big cojones to go anywhere else.
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:20 PM
ImmortalSlasher's Avatar
ImmortalSlasher ImmortalSlasher is offline
Immortal horror fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In a dark moonlit forest.
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Too true. Once she was a thing, there wasn't any rhyme or reason to what she or anyone else was doing.

I liked Flatliners (original). Although, I wasn't crazy about the ending. I don't want to lay a spoiler, but if you've seen it, it started off big concept with lot of wonder, and then went small concept horror. Which, I don't blame them... you have to have big cojones to go anywhere else.
I need to see the original Flatliners again. I haven't seen it in a while. I mostly remember it for the young but popular actors. I recently saw the remake. I think I posted a review here if not on the HorrorDVDs forum possibly during the October month last year.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-16-2019, 02:49 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I need to see the original Flatliners again. I haven't seen it in a while. I mostly remember it for the young but popular actors. I recently saw the remake. I think I posted a review here if not on the HorrorDVDs forum possibly during the October month last year.
Yep, I remember that. I think me and Hammer recommended the original to you, which coincidentally but popped up on netflix. It was a good movie. You won't be disappointed.
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:34 PM.