Thread: Hellraiser
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 06:43 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
Technically its not a remake... Judgement is a kind of reboot of the entire system. Initially the third movie was written without Pinhead, but the script was changed out of fear of losing the fan base. I met the "new" pinhead at Frightmare this last year. He was literally just walking around handing out business cards. I took one from him and watched him walk away, then I looked at it... It literally says "Paul T. Taylor: Pinhead" Its a fucking business card for Pinhead. I freaked and caught up to him, we talked for almost an hour. He is passionate and loves the new drift for the movie. In case you weren't aware there is very little pinhead and it instead rests more on the values of the rest of the Cenobites. He helped to convince me that this is an excellent addition to the franchise. I'm in, and I am a die hard hellraiser fan. His card has stayed in my wallet since.
I do love the man's enthusiasm for the character. I admire it even. It gives me hope for the new movie, but I'm still going in with low expectations just to be safe.

As long as the minimal Pinhead appearances are for important and dramatic scenes, it could work. I mean he is the figurehead of the cenobites, his presence should demand fear and respect by all who see him, so that would make for an awesome climax scene.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!