View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 12:46 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

For any comic book/super hero movie lover it's somewhat like another DARK KNIGHT RISES(!)...there were rush & too many things going around but you're still going to love it as it packed with your favorite characters & plenty of awesome, eye catching action sequences as well as good dose of humor. Considering superbly well balanced storyline & characters of its predecessor "THE AVENGERS (2012)" which is one of the best superhero films ever made, AGE OF ULTRON is a fairly decent sequel, IMO. James Spader nailed his part as Ultron but still I think the super siblings, Ultron and even to some extent the "surprise" addition to the team 'The Vision' needed some more time to develop finely or may be it'd be better if they gradually introduced & developed this characters through some earlier other Marvel films like Loki for The Avengers (2012)...the audience already more or less knew about him through THOR (2011) and easily get cope with his motivations & schemes. And not only Loki, there weren't actually any new or fresh characters in 2012 Avengers Assembles who needed some time & space in character development area but this time there were one too many of them. Moreover, the plot was way simpler & more entertaining in first outing of the Avengers. Anyway, overall it won't be fair to say I'm disappointed with AOU but yeah...definitely could have been better.

>>: B+
Fantastic review, couldn't have said it better myself, thank you. As a Blacklist fan I was ECSTATIC to hear James Spader was going to voice Ultron. And he delivered as beautifully as I knew he would. I highly enjoyed his performance to the point that I was almost rooting for him.

Only thing I have to add is as a Bruce/Hulk fan, I was disappointed with where his character went. Not against him being in a relationship, but the beauty of the first movie was that Bruce wasn't the mopey kill joy his character tends to be in Hulk films. Then they went and brought that back in AOU by giving him a love interest and then getting in his head and making him Hulk out (which was done VERY quick and wasn't even explained what she showed Bruce as apposed to everyone else. Did the writers just have a brain fart on that?). If I wanted to see Bruce mope and run away from his problems, I would've stuck in the Incredible Hulk (2008).

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!