PDA

View Full Version : Red Noise

Roderick Usher
08-29-2006, 01:31 PM
----deleted----

Miss Olivia
08-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Very good. Grabbed my interest right off, and the writing flows well. Nice job.

Roderick Usher
09-01-2006, 08:10 AM
---deleted---

novakru
09-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Gotta great beat and I can dance to it.

Roderick Usher
09-01-2006, 04:29 PM
---deleted---

stygianwitch
09-15-2006, 02:40 PM
:D more, more, more... please

Roderick Usher
09-15-2006, 04:49 PM
---deleted---

stygianwitch
09-16-2006, 12:16 PM
oh man, you gotta tell the rest of it.... don't keep us hanging :eek:

Roderick Usher
09-16-2006, 01:50 PM
gonna have to buy it:D

that is, when I finally finish it. Needless to say there will be madness and blood and viscera.:eek:

stygianwitch
09-17-2006, 06:54 AM
i'll pay just to get an advance copy :D

you gonna try to get it made? reads like it would make a great movie

Roderick Usher
09-17-2006, 12:47 PM
I haven't been working on it much lately, been focusing on the kids poems and the latest screenplay. I'll get back on track with it later next month.

thanks for the kind words, they are appreciated:D

stygianwitch
09-17-2006, 02:02 PM
I think it'd make a great movie,

one of those that starts at the end, opens with the room full of blood and then goes on to tell how it happened :cool:

Roderick Usher
09-18-2006, 03:55 PM
good call, that's exactly how I pitched it. Cops find the murder scene - play the tape - go mad themselves and begin attacking one another:eek:

family fun.

Roderick Usher
02-12-2007, 11:27 AM
---deleted---

stygianwitch
02-15-2007, 01:34 PM
How far along are you with this now? when can we expect to be able to buy the finished article.... soon i hope :)

Roderick Usher
02-15-2007, 02:35 PM
How far along are you with this now? when can we expect to be able to buy the finished article.... soon i hope :)

you've read what I have. I've been waaaaaay too busy with screenwriting to give ti the proper attention, but I had a day off earlier in the week (and I hate to go a day without writing) so I jumped back into it.

Probably going to be a short story. 20 pages or so.

stygianwitch
02-17-2007, 11:57 AM
you've read what I have. I've been waaaaaay too busy with screenwriting to give ti the proper attention, but I had a day off earlier in the week (and I hate to go a day without writing) so I jumped back into it.

Probably going to be a short story. 20 pages or so.

Looking forward to the finished product :)

Doc Faustus
02-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Smarten up the character a bit. Surprise people. The character's good for film, but for print, you need to add some more traits the reader isn't expecting. The writing's crisp, sharp, intelligent, but the character needs something to distinguish him from other old rocker archetypes.

Horror_Writer
02-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Excellent writing--quite polished for a first draft, if that's what it is.

I definitely got a great sense of the character. I was surprised when I learned he was only 37. I felt he was much older than that, and maybe that is what you intended--I think it is.

Might be a bit stereotypical (aged rock star, feeling lonely, used, spent), but it seems to be working so far.

Good luck on finishing it up!

Roderick Usher
02-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Excellent writing--quite polished for a first draft, if that's what it is.

I definitely got a great sense of the character. I was surprised when I learned he was only 37. I felt he was much older than that, and maybe that is what you intended--I think it is.

Might be a bit stereotypical (aged rock star, feeling lonely, used, spent), but it seems to be working so far.

Good luck on finishing it up!

Thanks, it is a first draft...and I've never approached the form before. I've been a songwriter-turned screenwriter. I just really want to try this, see ifI can do it, you know, always searching for the next challenge.

Now I just need the time and motivation to complete it - too many other deadlines!:eek:

Horror_Writer
02-25-2007, 08:14 AM
You have an excellent start and a great gift of narrative.

A trick I sometimes use to keep myself going when I feel I don't have the time or don't want to spend the time is to tell myself to just write a sentence. That's all I have to do, I say to myself--one sentence. Inevitably, I sit down to write my one sentence and one sentence turns into two, turns into a paragraph, turns into a page, even an entire chapter.

Best of luck.

Roderick Usher
02-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Thanks - I'll get on it soon. With my movie rolling in a couple of weeks, I'm neck-deep in production rewrites and trying to nail two other deals simultaneously.