PDA

View Full Version : My Husband and I are Seperated.

wood_elf_pansy
02-28-2006, 04:33 AM
My husband and I are separated.

This is my story(it started on sunday).

Well, he got sooper pissed because i smoked a cigarette even though the other day he drank rum(his excuse was it is low carb) and then he left me at his families house where his cousins baby's first bithday was taking place and his dad took Christopher(Adams son) home so I got high with his sisters and his aunt well, when i got home he asked if i smoked anything other than cigarettes and i said "i didn't say anything when you drank rum the other day" he said "that doesn't matter" and i said "fine it doesn't matter", and then he kept nagging me about if i did or not then i finaly told him and he got pissed off and started to walk away and then turned around and told me that i needed to find a place to go for the night and to not take the truck because i don't pay any money for insurance or gas even though last thurs i gave him sixty something dollars for gas and insurance. So, I packed up Alyssa and myself and we stayed the night at my friends house. well, then yesterday he told my sister that he was going to prove something to me by getting drunk all day. he was proving something about me getting high when he was spending time with his son but, i didn't do that until after he left me stranded at his uncles and then bob took chris home. so fuck that. Well, he blames all of our problems on working at Wal-Mart and my sister staying with us. He said that he is only less than half to blame. Well, we have had problems so much longer than Wal-Mart was included and my sister was never really there when we were. If anything she helped make things a little better for me. She helped with cleaning a bit and she helped me with Alyssa so that I could get things done. Well, to end that part of this entry, we are over until he can PROVE to me that he has stopped drinking. He will have to be sober for at least six months and been going to AA meetings. He can still see his daughter, with someone there. I totally understand why Maria treats Adam the way she does when it comes to Chris because I dont' want him alone with Alyssa either. Until he is clean and sober for some time.

Well, I am staying at my moms trailor. She hasn't stayed there in a long time. I'm thinking about seeing if she will sell it to me. That would be awesome. Then I wouldn't have to move anywhere. It would be so easy on me with Alyssa. I could just get a job from here and not have to worry about where I am going to move to. Hopefully she says yes. That would be so great.

Oh and I don't have a phone or internet at my moms house so, I'm kinda lonely there in the evenings.

Well, I'll try to write in here more often, when I'm babysitting.

Trishia

wood_elf_pansy
02-28-2006, 04:51 AM
I wonder how many people are going to view this without saying a word to me?

That makes me feel so much like I don't have any point here. Maybe I shouldn't have posted it anyway.

O well, too fucked up in the head to care.

Too bad I decided to quit smoking...

zomb5150
02-28-2006, 05:22 AM
I hope that everything works out for You.:)

monalisa
02-28-2006, 05:34 AM
I'll reply. I'm in a similar situation, We don't have any human kids, just avery old dog (16 1/2) and a fat cat (10 1/2). My boyfriend is a complete control freak and if you do something that isn't the way he'd do it, you're not only wrong, you're stupid. I had been going through some severe depression when my mom dies in November and alot of work and home stress and strarted drinking too much. He harped on me about that, That time he was right, although a little les harping and more compassionate help from him would have helped more. Anyway, so I cut way back on my drinking. Then he starts harping onme because he thinks I drink to much WATER! I only drink a couple of 16 oz. bottles of water a day which from what I read is less than a person drink. My point is, if I improve myself in one way, he'll just find something else to put me down for. The building we live in is in my name, and I keep telling him to buy it for me so I can get out of here, but he doesn't do it.

Long story short, don't let him get you down. At times like these you need to build on your inner strenght, family and friends.

Take care and hang in there. Feel free to IM me if you need to talk off the general board.

Hope this helps,
-monalisa

scaryminda15
02-28-2006, 05:34 AM
good luck with that. dont worry i just put a new thread and i got 12 views and no answers. Man are confusing to me too. they can do what they want but we cant. well that is just my opionion.

monalisa
02-28-2006, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by monalisa
The building we live in is in my name, and I keep telling him to buy it for me so I can get out of here, but he doesn't do it.

Sorry, I meant buy it FROM me. I know, I'm anal. :)

lionels_mother
02-28-2006, 05:39 AM
I hope it all works out for you. And well done for quitting the ciggies! :)

zomb5150
02-28-2006, 05:40 AM
monalisa,
You need to find a guy who'll let You drink all the water You'd like.
Who is He that He thinks He should monitor Your fluid intake.
Personally..... I think I'd tell that fucker to eat a dick.

cheebacheeba
02-28-2006, 05:48 AM
I sympathise...but I've got not a great deal worth saying more than, as a mother, make sure you act in the best interests of your child...and if it takes measures like these, so be it.
The situation, however strange and difficult, can sometimes be far better than the alternative, especially if there's a drinker involved. Everyone in a relationship should treat their partner as such, a partner, an equal...talking for five minutes can resolve more than an hours yelling, remember this, and if you remain calm, and he doesn't, just walk away.
Take some time away, to yourself and perhaps while you're gone, his sense of priority well develope a little, maybe there's some things you should think about too...a lot of times, in anger, people can say things specifically intent to hurt bad, and those things can not only make the situation worse, but also be hard to take back, sometimes impossible. The situation gets worse, and sometimes the little people are caught in the middle, not a nice place to be, not at all saying you're to blame, I'm just saying that sometimes people can do/say things without realising, especially when theyre angry or distressed.
All the same, time on your own should allow you to assess the situation without bias, and a clear head.
I hope everything turns out ok.

- B.

scaryminda15
02-28-2006, 05:51 AM
Monalisa,

I think that he shouldn't be telling how much water you should drink because it is heatlhy and better than drinking. My dad does the same thing i lost weight like 25 pounds and he said it wasnt enough. some man can be so mean sometimes. well good luck with your life and im sorry to hear about your mom. stay strong.

monalisa
02-28-2006, 05:56 AM
[ Feel free to IM me if you need to talk off the general board.

Hope this helps,
-monalisa [/B]

Arrrrrg. I meant PM me.

-Mona the anal one ;)

monalisa
02-28-2006, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by scaryminda15
Monalisa,

I think that he shouldn't be telling how much water you should drink because it is heatlhy and better than drinking. My dad does the same thing i lost weight like 25 pounds and he said it wasnt enough. some man can be so mean sometimes. well good luck with your life and im sorry to hear about your mom. stay strong.

Thanks and I know drinking water is good forme, he'll never sucedd in that one. But this is his habit, he complains, I, the eternal lets just try to get along person, improves my behaviour the best I can. And trust me I give him pleanty of suggestions for what he could do to make things better, he'll agree and then just do the same old shit anyway,

Sorry, didn't mean to take over wolf_elf_pansy's thread. But Trishia, this proves you are not alone! Hang in there girl!

monalisa
02-28-2006, 06:03 AM
Oh, to hell with my spelling, There aren't any spelling Nazis out here are there?

scaryminda15
02-28-2006, 06:09 AM
oh ur welcome monalisa. so wolf how are u handling this?

wood_elf_pansy
02-28-2006, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
I sympathise...but I've got not a great deal worth saying more than, as a mother, make sure you act in the best interests of your child...and if it takes measures like these, so be it. That is all I'm worried about. How to take better care of my daughter. That is why I decided to quit smoking.
talking for five minutes can resolve more than an hours yelling, remember this, and if you remain calm, and he doesn't, just walk away. You know, I didn't yell, I actually haven't yelled at all this time. I have been through it so many times I am kinda like an emotionless blob, well I was pretty pissed about certain things but, I got passed it. He is the one who was yelling. Blaming others for his actions. I can't deal with his crap anymore. So I'm not.
Take some time away, to yourself and perhaps while you're gone, his sense of priority well develope a little I am doing that but, I doubt he will change. He has a son and he never sees him unless a family member picks him up and brings him to him. He hasn't even tried.
a lot of times, in anger, people can say things specifically intent to hurt bad, and those things can not only make the situation worse, but also be hard to take back, sometimes impossible. The situation gets worse, and sometimes the little people are caught in the middle, not a nice place to be I have held my tounge on saying things to hurt him. I don't want it to hang over my head. I was once the little person caught in the middle so I know exactly what you mean. The main reason that I have been with him for the past year of unhappiness is because I didn't want my daughter to grow up without her father and I wanted her to have a happy normal life but, to be with him would make that not happen.
Thank you for your comments B.

wood_elf_pansy
02-28-2006, 06:56 AM
Long story short, don't let him get you down. At times like these you need to build on your inner strenght, family and friends.

Take care and hang in there. Feel free to IM me if you need to talk off the general board.

Hope this helps,
-monalisa

Yeah, guys suck. If I ever get into another relationship(a long time from now) I'm gunna become a lesbian... lol

wood_elf_pansy
02-28-2006, 06:57 AM
good luck with that. dont worry i just put a new thread and i got 12 views and no answers. Man are confusing to me too. they can do what they want but we cant. well that is just my opionion.

how old are you again?

wood_elf_pansy
02-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to take over wolf_elf_pansy's thread. But Trishia, this proves you are not alone! Hang in there girl!
It's all good. I'm hanging in.
There aren't any spelling Nazis out here are there?

I'm a wanna be spelling nazi... :)

Soloman Kane
02-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Sorry that this is happening. Second I hope everything works out for you but it doesn't sound like it's going to anytime soon. Whatever you do don't go rushing into any other relationships right away. It might be a good idea to take some time & think about what to do with your life. I feel for you because it sound like this man was part of your whole world. Anyhow I'am sorry for what your going through.. :(

wood_elf_pansy
02-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Soloman Kane
Sorry that this is happening. Second I hope everything works out for you but it doesn't sound like it's going to anytime soon. Whatever you do don't go rushing into any other relationships right away. It might be a good idea to take some time & think about what to do with your life. I feel for you because it sound like this man was part of your whole world. Anyhow I'am sorry for what your going through.. :(

I don't want to get into ANY relationship at all. I want to worry about what is important, my daughter. I want to give Adam time to realize what he had and get shit done to get it back. I don't want for us to be done for good. He is my world no matter how bad it got. Things will, hopefully, get better and we will eventually get back together. We have broken up many times and got back together everytime obviously. He is my highschool sweetheart and I DO want to spend the rest of my life with him. I just can't be with him right now because of his drinking. It isn't good for my daughter, or mine and his relationship.
When he quit drinking for a while we were really happy. At least I thought we were. Then he thought that he could control his assness when he was drinking and got a six pack, the next day he got a beer at a restaraunt and that night he got a six pack, the next day and the next day, six packs then it started working its way up to 12pks and now he's been drinking rum. He gets mean when he is drinking and my daughter doesn't deserve to live her life in fear of her father like I did. I don't deserve it either. Until he straightens his shit out, we are going to spend time apart. I am pretty sure he will find someone else before I do.

Soloman Kane
02-28-2006, 08:25 AM
It sounds like Adams the one with the problem & this might not have anything to do with you. I'am sure that you feel you'll be there for him but as someone whose dealt with his far share of people with substance abuse issues take it from me. He's going to have to hit rock bottom on his own & then realize what he's missing. Its hard putting the pieces of one's life back together when it's just you doing the work. All of this is going to take time & believe me when I say it's going to be the hardest thing you've ever done but it will happen. I've been through this & it simply hurts to see yourself doing the work & the other person hurling themselves into the abyss. Hang in there it's a very very long road to travel but your right your daughter is worth it. My 2 cents for what its worth.

wood_elf_pansy
02-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Soloman Kane
He's going to have to hit rock bottom on his own & then realize what he's missing. Its hard putting the pieces of one's life back together when it's just you doing the work. All of this is going to take time & believe me when I say it's going to be the hardest thing you've ever done but it will happen. I've been through this & it simply hurts to see yourself doing the work & the other person hurling themselves into the abyss. Hang in there it's a very very long road to travel but your right your daughter is worth it. My 2 cents for what its worth.

that is what I have been trying to tell his dad for the longest time and he just keeps paying the bills when he quits his job and moving back in to help keep things going even though he has a wife at home. I aparently hurt his feelings yesterday because I told him to live his own life and let his son deal with the fact that his daddy isn't always going to be there to pick him up when he falls down. He wont listen. I bet he is there right now cleaning up the puke or taking out the beer cans with pee on them(another long story). He isn't going to stop drinking or hit rock bottom with his father there to help. He isn't going to fix his family until he does. I wish that this would end already.

Thanks for your two cents Soloman.:)

stubbornforgey
02-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Em sorry for what ever the hells going on
over there ..but ..what exactly is the problem ??
Your pissed cos he drank rum..he's pissed cos you smoked..
and he's pissed cos of your sister and wal-mart..
'note'..never move family members in to your home...they tend to forget to leave after awhile ..and make themselves
comfortable in interferring with your relationship'/s.

Sounds to me like the both of you are still children who had a child ..
and such a beautiful child she is too....
Holy fuckery!!!

As for you mona lisa...
your man complains cos you drink too much water??
These aren't men...these are little boys ..but the shitty part about both of your stories are..
you allowed these little boys to rule you .. from the start of the relationship..
and has continued to allow them to dictate to you...even after having children...and ..now it becomes a problem...AFTER THE CHILDREN..
Because of that alone..these little boys will always have an input into your lives...they don't want/need wives..girlfreinds...etc..
THEY WANT THEIR MUMMIES..
send them to thier mummies and tell her to keep them untill they reach puberty..
fucking morons

wood_elf_pansy
02-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by stubbornforgey
Em sorry for what ever the hells going on
over there ..but ..what exactly is the problem ??
Your pissed cos he drank rum..he's pissed cos you smoked..
and he's pissed cos of your sister and wal-mart..
'note'..never move family members in to your home...they tend to forget to leave after awhile ..and make themselves
comfortable in interferring with your relationship'/s.

Sounds to me like the both of you are still children who had a child ..

I don't know how sincere you were being when writing this but, this is how I take it...

The problem is my husband is an alcoholic and yes I let him "rule" me but, only because I wanted to work things out. I couldn't fucking help falling in love with him. I didn't want the good part to end. The bad part just kept getting bigger. And on another note, You have NO RIGHT to call me a child. You don't know just how grown up I am. The only thing that I care about is the safety and happiness of my daughter. I wanted to have a family. That is why I had my daughter and got married, aparently he really wasn't ready for the commitment or responsibilty.
My sister has only been with us a week and a couple days and she worked at around the same time he did and he slept all day so he wouldn't have ever seen her. Plus she wasn't ever really there. She visited her boyfriend a lot.

You know what, normally I don't let things like this get to me but, for some unknown reason how you put that really got to me. My entire life I have done nothing but, take care of my siblings and want a family of my own. I am so far from being a CHILD. I am done talking about this now. I can't deal with this shit anymore. For me to come here looking for some comforting words or to know I am not alone with this shit and to get someone who thinks it is just fine to call me a child when I am the one who left him for acting like one so that I can be the Mother my daughter deserves brings me right back down to where I was yesterday. Thanks for the kind words I guess. I'll be off now.

monalisa
02-28-2006, 09:11 AM
My dad does the same thing i lost weight like 25 pounds and he said it wasnt enough.

Good for you losing 25 pounds! That's great. When I was younger I got picked on because I was too skinny, yes skinny people get picked on too). I hate to tell you this, but the older you get, the harder it is to lose weight. So, my point is, you're doing a great job now. Feel good for what you have done, don't let anyone else put you don't and think it's less that the accomplishment that it is! Now, if I could only get myself to take my own advise. :confused:

noctuary
02-28-2006, 09:18 AM
It always saddens me to hear about marriages failing. In this case though, it truly sounds to me like your husband is the one at fault. Alcoholism is a terrible condition, and good on you for removing yourself from that situation. You should realize that he can't be a devoted and loving husband to you until (or if) he gets his own head straight. To sum up, don't put all the blame on yourself. I know it's much easier to assume that you are the one with the problem, I've been there. But if you put things in perspective, many times you'll realize that you've done everything you could possibly do in the situation. I hope things work out for you. :)

stubbornforgey
02-28-2006, 09:36 AM
Well, he got sooper pissed because i smoked a cigarette even though the other day he drank rum(his excuse was it is low carb) and then he left me at his families house where his cousins baby's first bithday was taking place and his dad took Christopher(Adams son) home so I got high with his sisters and his aunt well, when i got home he asked if i smoked anything other than cigarettes and i said "i didn't say anything when you drank rum the other day" he said "that doesn't matter" and i said "fine it doesn't matter", .......

Where in here does it say ..'he's an alcoholic'??
Or are we again supposed to be able to read your fucking mind????
You re read this and tell me again how this
sounds like a real adult discusiion..!!
Your both acting like children..hence..you both are..
Also ..point out to me where it says..
my sisters only been with me a week ..??
And again..show me where em questioning your motherly skills..
BTW..everything i write is sincere..and if you can't take my comments are something other than..then..
'stubborn mumbles under her breath'

wood_elf_pansy
02-28-2006, 09:53 AM
Where in here does it say ..'he's an alcoholic'??
Or are we again supposed to be able to read your fucking mind????
You re read this and tell me again how this
sounds like a real adult discusiion..!!
Your both acting like children..hence..you both are..
Also ..point out to me where it says..
my sisters only been with me a week ..??
And again..show me where em questioning your motherly skills..
BTW..everything i write is sincere..and if you can't take my comments are something other than..then..
'stubborn mumbles under her breath'

You know what, You're right, I didn't state that he was an alcoholic. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before somewhere else but, that is neither here nor there. I'm sorry for the responce I left you. I am just not myself lately. I am so upset by the way he could act toward myself and his daughter. I also didn't tell you that my sister had only been there a week so, I apologize for that as well.

In all sincerity, how am I acting like a child?

wood_elf_pansy
02-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by noctuary
It always saddens me to hear about marriages failing. In this case though, it truly sounds to me like your husband is the one at fault. Alcoholism is a terrible condition, and good on you for removing yourself from that situation. You should realize that he can't be a devoted and loving husband to you until (or if) he gets his own head straight. To sum up, don't put all the blame on yourself. I know it's much easier to assume that you are the one with the problem, I've been there. But if you put things in perspective, many times you'll realize that you've done everything you could possibly do in the situation. I hope things work out for you. :) Thank you for your comment.

monalisa
02-28-2006, 10:11 AM
OK Woody Elf (better than Elf Woody. HA-HA, never mind). Go find a comfortable chair and kick back. Take a couple minutes to just breathe. Breathe in so your abdomen, not your chest, goes up and down. When you breathe out, imagine all nasty thoughts getting blown out with your breath. Sounds silly, but it helps me to relax.

Hope it helps,
monalisa

newb
02-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Shouldn't all this be in the "Ask IA75" thread......he really is pretty good at advice.

I think he has a degree.

Yellow Jacket
02-28-2006, 12:06 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this wood_elf_pansy (I'd call you pansy for short, but it doesn't sound too good in your part)! I hope you feel better and that things will work out for you!

monalisa
02-28-2006, 12:07 PM
[i]If I ever get into another relationship(a long time from now) I'm gunna become a lesbian... lol [/B]

Yah, thought about that before, but I just am not wired that way I guess. The affection thing is cool, I love affection. But I'm not into muff-munchin' unless it's my muff getting munched. ;)

meetthecreeper
02-28-2006, 12:53 PM
I have a question??

Did you not know that your husband was an alcoholic before you married him and had children with him??

Did you think about the shit your child is going to go thru having an alcoholic for a parent?

You made your bed now you have to sleep in it.

My advice is to leave his ass and never look back. You will be better off and so will your daughter.

Alcoholics do not ever stop being alcoholics. They may not be drinking but they are still alcoholics just the same. I know maybe 1 person in the world who is willing to deal with an alcoholic drunk or sober and make it work and it sure as fuck aint me and I am willing to take alot of shit.

wood_elf_pansy
02-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by meetthecreeper
I have a question??

Did you not know that your husband was an alcoholic before you married him and had children with him??

Did you think about the shit your child is going to go thru having an alcoholic for a parent?

You made your bed now you have to sleep in it.

My advice is to leave his ass and never look back. You will be better off and so will your daughter.

Alcoholics do not ever stop being alcoholics. They may not be drinking but they are still alcoholics just the same. I know maybe 1 person in the world who is willing to deal with an alcoholic drunk or sober and make it work and it sure as fuck aint me and I am willing to take alot of shit.

you know that was an asshole way to write it, but it was all true. I have left him and im not going back. i have refrets but without him i would necer have had my reason to live, my daughter. thank you all for your support and your comments that were rather... idk. whatever but thanks

trish

stubbornforgey
02-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by newb
Shouldn't all this be in the "Ask IA75" thread......he really is pretty good at advice.

I think he has a degree.

IA??hahahahahahaha

aw he rocks...
yeah ask his advice ..he will set you straight.

meetthecreeper
03-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by wood_elf_pansy
you know that was an asshole way to write it, but it was all true. I have left him and im not going back. i have refrets but without him i would necer have had my reason to live, my daughter. thank you all for your support and your comments that were rather... idk. whatever but thanks

trish

Just saying what I really think instead of giving you a line of bullshit.

Of course I hope and pray to the Gods for you and your daughter that the best comes of it.

You shouldnt have regrets. Whats done is done. The only thing that should matter in your life is your daughter and her well being.

wood_elf_pansy
03-01-2006, 09:30 AM
I don't plan on asking advice from anyone else. I am done asking for advice. When I do that people always end up making me feel like I should leave the love of my life. But, in the end, I know we will always get back together. Yeah, he may be an alcoholic but, that is a disease. Would people leave there spouses because they had Alzheimer's? I don't think they would. The more I thought about it the more I wanted to stay with him to help him get better. We were doing ok mostly other than the fact that we were both on edge because of things that had been happening lately. He was drinking but, that didn't have as much to do with it as I made it seem. Yeah, it had A LOT to do with it but, not all of it. There was his job and us not having anytime with each other. Amoung many others. Well, we talked about everything and WE are both going to go to AA meetings and we are going to move so that where we live doesn't stress me out. A lot has to be done to get us to where we will be so much better off but, it can't get done if we are being stupid and seperate. I didn't marry him to get divorced. I want to be with him for the rest of my life. I want him to be in his daughters life full-time not just when it is convenient. You know?
Forget that I even posted this stupid thread. I just get so confused and worked up. When I get scared I run and I have been trying to keep myself from doing that.

Thank you all for your comments.
Trishia

stubbornforgey
03-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Sigh'
why are you jumping on us for offering open and honest opinions?
Isn't that what we are here for.
Its just letting you know that we care about your situation...it may not be what you want to hear but its the truth.

Your man has to admit that he has a problem..
you can move house...attend as many AA meetings as you wish.. but nothing will eventuate until then.
Also ..stop making empty threats..
thats not a cure its a cause as well..
he knows that he has 2 things he can surely depend on..his booze and his woman..so he has nothing to lose.
Loving him is understandable..but not good enough at this point.
If he see's that he doesn't have that safe boundry..then maybe he will take steps to improve his situation.
We discipline our children when they step out of line..he wants to act like a child...then treat him like so.
Last point...a fatherless child is better than a child living in a house full of disrespute..
I sympathise with you both..and despite what i have posted..i wish the 3 of you well.

stubbornforgey
03-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by trippin_the_rif
I'm probably going to lose the few friends I have, but I could care less anymore. Give her a rest already. She's new to the Mommy arena. And now has to accept the Mommy arena and the Dad being an alcoholic DICKHEAD, ASSHOLE, PRICK, SON OF A BITCH part of the commitment. I have news for all of you. Not everyone posts here with problems for attention. There are a few of us that know each other......THAT NONE OF YOU KNOW!!!! And not for reasons you may want to bring to surface. So stifle.; JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!!! I'm a pig, I'LL ADMIT IT!!!! Proud to admit it! But I do it where its requested. But at least I can say it, admit it and move on. I wonder who needs the growing up more. Pouncing on the insecure and vulnerable seems so easy around here.

think again before posting trip my freind..
despite what you may think..not everyone falls for that ..gonna hate me now cos of my opinion bullshit'
What would you prefer..or pansy..
a thread that has no replies ..which states clearly to the person that no one gives a fuck.
Nobody in here is jumping on her...but if she is gonna reply with 'what a fuck thing to say' ..then of course a reaction is forthcoming.
For xrist sakes...
Who the hell is pouncing on her?
stop looking for contraversy when none is apparent...but if thats the reaction we can expect then granted...this will be the last time i 'personally' will offer up anything to any of this nicks threads.
Finally...go flash a dick..!!!!!!!

novakru
03-01-2006, 03:30 PM

a thread that has no replies ..which states clearly to the person that no one gives a fuck.

I'm SO glad you said this! Because even though I am well aware that this response has nothing to do with me,it's something I have been wondering about for some time.
I got several PM's about cheeba calling me a cunt and how mean that was etc etc...but no one said a thing in the threads about it, so actually I now know what people really think of me here.
Thanks Stubborn.:)
I also realize how if someone is not liked by the higher ups here-how it's perfectly acceptable for them to be called a Cunt,even though the banning rules say otherwise about it.

Posher778
03-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by novakru
I'm SO glad you said this! Because even though I am well aware that this response has nothing to do with me,it's something I have been wondering about for some time.
I got several PM's about cheeba calling me a cunt and how mean that was etc etc...but no one said a thing in the threads about it, so actually I now know what people really think of me here.
I also realize how if someone is not liked by the higher ups here-how it's perfectly acceptable for them to be called a Cunt,even though the banning rules say otherwise about it.

Dunno what's going on, but, why would people not like you? I think you're awesome. *motivational thumbs up*

Haunted
03-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Nova, you are one of the few people that I would ever call a cunt. I think you're purdy cool.:)

Stubborn, preach it, sister!!:)

Trish, put your daughter first, and do what you gotta do, babe.

Despare
03-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by wood_elf_pansy
IYeah, he may be an alcoholic but, that is a disease. Would people leave there spouses because they had Alzheimer's?

That's disrespectful to anybody with Alzheimer's. I've had alchoalism effect friends and family and it's an addiction. Are you saying heroin addicts have a disease? Are you saying smokers have a disease? I've seen a few people work through their addiction and quit drinking completely... it's not that easy if you have Alzheimer's.

meetthecreeper
03-01-2006, 04:05 PM

Who the hell is pouncing on her?

Maybe he was refering to me I dont know.

I wasnt pouncing on her. Sometimes people in abusive relationships need someone to slap them in the face so they can see what the world that they are in.

Trippin' of all people I would expect you to know that. You have had friends in abusive relationships.

IMO the best thing for an alcoholic is let them hit rock bottom without dragging you down with them. If he knows that he can always use her as a crutch then why is he ever going to change???

I said that I wish her and her daughter the best and I was speaking as a former child that had an abusive alcoholic stepfather. I saw all the mistakes that my mother made and the fact that she made excuses for that behavior because frankly, she was being selfish. "I dont want to be alone. no one will want me, he is the love of my life " that kind of shit. I have been there done that and have seen it time and time again with my own family and friends.

YOu can call alcoholism a sickness, addiction or whatever you like, someone makes the choice to take the drink its not forced on you.

I am sure that she can do much better than someone like that. She may not think so but I believe she can.

And lets try and have a civil debate instead of resorting to childish name calling and insults.

stubbornforgey
03-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Its not a debate..
t was never meant to be a debate..
It was a response..theres a big difference. .
Em hungry...anybody got a spare taco ??

stubbornforgey
03-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by novakru

Nova..?? a cunt..??
cunts are useful..just ask dr phil :D

Marroe
03-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by trippin_the_rif
I'm probably going to lose the few friends I have, but I could care less anymore. Give her a rest already. She's new to the Mommy arena. And now has to accept the Mommy arena and the Dad being an alcoholic DICKHEAD, ASSHOLE, PRICK, SON OF A BITCH part of the commitment. I have news for all of you. Not everyone posts here with problems for attention. There are a few of us that know each other......THAT NONE OF YOU KNOW!!!! And not for reasons you may want to bring to surface. So stifle.; JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!!! I'm a pig, I'LL ADMIT IT!!!! Proud to admit it! But I do it where its requested. But at least I can say it, admit it and move on. I wonder who needs the growing up more. Pouncing on the insecure and vulnerable seems so easy around here. Not jumping down your case or anything, I know all of you are just going by what you've read...and the case may seem that her husband is an "alcoholic DICKHEAD, ASSHOLE, PRICK, SON OF A BITCH", but he really isn't. I'm very good friends with Trish and her husband. Fuck, I can't even say that in the past I haven't got shit faced drunk with him SEVERAL times, and that hasn't helped his situation at all. But I know her husband is a great person and loves Trish and his kids more than anything in this world. But he does have a problem, and it IS a disease, which he needs help with. I also know that if she leaves him for good, his life will never get any better. I've seen him sober more since they've been married than I ever have before...and that may not be saying a lot, but it IS saying a lot at the same time. He needs his loved ones to get better, and becoming sober after abusing like he has is no easy task. Yes, his actions lately have not been good, I can't say I'm too happy with his actions at this moment....but that does not make him any of those above mentioned things.

Trish, you and Adam are my best friends and I love you both very much...I'll always be there for either of you, anytime, no matter where I am, ok? And sorry I haven't been able to talk to you in the mornings, I'll try and wake up a lil early tomorrow so we can do that. I miss ya girly. Chin up.

Despare
03-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Just because he needs help it doesn't mean it's a disease. I understand that it's a horrible thing and most people can't just "get over it" by themselves but it's self inflicted. I'm not trying to be unsympathic and I really hope this guy gets help because even the best of people can be stricken including a few who were close to me. Anyway...

National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Kensington.

OBJECTIVE: To expound the argument that alcoholism (or "problem drinking") is not best regarded as a disease. SUMMARY: Excessive drinking can cause physical disease and involve physical dependence without therefore being a disease itself. The "disease concept" of alcoholism is not needed to justify medical intervention or a caring approach to those who are dependent on alcohol. There is a specific and a general version of the disease concept of alcoholism. The specific disease concept, associated mainly with the Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous, is contradicted by empirical evidence and unhelpful for preventive and treatment responses to problem drinking, especially for the effort to detect and modify problem drinking at an early stage. The more general disease concept shares these disadvantages and is also ineffective in engendering sympathetic attitudes towards problem drinkers among the general public. It is more useful to view problem drinking as the result of the interaction between the individual's personality and the social context in which he or she has learned how to drink. CONCLUSION: For an effective and compassionate societal response to problem drinking, the disease model of alcoholism should be replaced by a social learning perspective.

PMID: 1545723 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

I know it seems trite to debate this type of thing but I think calling it a disease is disrespectful to people with a disease that can't be helped. If you have Alzheimer's you can't just go to a support group or get help from those who love you and get better. I guess it was the Alzheimer's comparison that got to me even more than calling it a disease. Oh well, if you're offended too bad, I'm outspoken.

Marroe
03-01-2006, 06:59 PM
I've always heard it referred to around here as a disease. In any case, whatever it is, it's something he needs emotional help and treatment for...and something she's not gonna turn her back on him for just because it's hard to deal with. I get where you're coming from, and we've ALL had/have family members with actual diseases, doesn't mean this isn't an improtant issue...so please stop trying to make it seem like it's not with your facts. You really should't take personal offense to alcoholism being called a disease. It may not be classifed as an actual "disease", I don't really care if it is or not....point is it's something him and everyone around him have too deal with and is he doesn't get help it could turn into a life or death situation. Trust me, it killed my Grandpa, Uncle, and soon my father. No one is being disrespectful, and I'm sure no one is offended by us calling it a disease except you.

Despare
03-01-2006, 07:03 PM
My mom's step brother got too drunk and died behind a hospital because he couldn't find the door and there are other stories that I don't need to share because it's not important. You know how I feel and why I feel that way and I don't regret or want to retract anything I've said. Also, I was never saying it wasn't important and I don't care if I was the only one who was offended, the fact is I was so I said something about it. That being said, my best wishes go out to pansy and her husband. I really hope he gets all the help and support he needs because I doubt he could do it alone.

Marroe
03-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Marroe
I've always heard it referred to around here as a disease. In any case, whatever it is, it's something he needs emotional help and treatment for...and something she's not gonna turn her back on him for just because it's hard to deal with. I get where you're coming from, and we've ALL had/have family members with actual diseases, doesn't mean this isn't an improtant issue...so please stop trying to make it seem like it's not with your facts. You really should't take personal offense to alcoholism being called a disease. It may not be classifed as an actual "disease", I don't really care if it is or not....point is it's something him and everyone around him have too deal with and is he doesn't get help it could turn into a life or death situation. Trust me, it killed my Grandpa, Uncle, and soon my father. No one is being disrespectful, and I'm sure no one is offended by us calling it a disease except you.

Fuck, anything is considered a "disease" nowadays. Even acid reflux:rolleyes:

Despare
03-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Fuck, anything is considered a "disease" nowadays. Even acid reflux:rolleyes:

lol

True dat'

What about Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
AKA
We don't really know what's wrong with you but here's some stomach medicine.

Marroe
03-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Despare
lol

True dat'

What about Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
AKA
We don't really know what's wrong with you but here's some stomach medicine. exactly...so try and not take offense so easy. No one means any disrespect, I'm sure.

Despare
03-01-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm sure they don't but like I said, I'm outspoken, if I have an opinion I'll share it. You have no idea how much trouble that got me into with teachers back in high school...

*EDIT* I wasn't really offended I just wanted to state my opinion. I don't get offended that easily.

wood_elf_pansy
03-02-2006, 04:43 AM
Trish, you and Adam are my best friends and I love you both very much...I'll always be there for either of you, anytime, no matter where I am, ok? And sorry I haven't been able to talk to you in the mornings, I'll try and wake up a lil early tomorrow so we can do that. I miss ya girly. Chin up.

Why do you always have to go and make me cry. Maybe we can do something this weekend. If its nice we can do something outside. That would be good for all of us. I miss you too hun. I'll talk to you and see you later.