Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to Rayne
Wherever I end up, I want Straker close...I'm still processing that guy...I know that he's good on the field and in the hunt...But, I don't know if that's good or bad for ME...Could go either way...Get me?
Old 04-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Wherever I end up, I want Straker close...I'm still processing that guy...I know that he's good on the field and in the hunt...But, I don't know if that's good or bad for ME...Could go either way...Get me?
Sounds like you should keep him on a short leash.... Wait, who are we talking about again?

Also, as a sidenote and not wanting to sound like a buzz kill, I think the leaders should be people who are willing and able to do the shit that needs to be done. If its anything like the BR event there was a fair bit of admin and I'm sure it was frustrating at times for the people who took the role of coordinating the teams throughout the event. Personally, I would've been lost without the efforts of certain people carrying my ass...
Old 04-30-2011, 09:43 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
If this involves creative writing skills, you will probably regret that decision.:(
Nope. None of that creative writing skills needed in this. You will need some SKILLS though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
S'orright, I have no clue what's going on, even...maybe it's like online d&d...
Either way I'm here to fuck shit up.
Okay, till I hear otherwise from either Chrono and Ferret, Cheeba is the 3rd leader, with WickerFan as his deputy.

A bit like online d&d, Cheebs. But more like a survival game. You will love it. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
No idea when and where you will pop up, my dear. I can only hope the survivors find you before you get turned. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
Also, as a sidenote and not wanting to sound like a buzz kill, I think the leaders should be people who are willing and able to do the shit that needs to be done. If its anything like the BR event there was a fair bit of admin and I'm sure it was frustrating at times for the people who took the role of coordinating the teams throughout the event. Personally, I would've been lost without the efforts of certain people carrying my ass...
Nope, it's totally different from Battle Royale. I know members must be apprehensive thinking it's just another variation of BR, but I can assure all of you that it's NOT anywhere near BR. It won't eat into your time, it will be exciting, and you all will love it.

We have one confirmed leader - Cheebacheeba, and WickerFan is his First In Command.

Can we have two more? Chrono, Ferret? Or anyone else?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Banned

Me.:D........
Old 04-30-2011, 10:19 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Me.........
Hey cool, now, you should nominate me as your second, and the third leader should nominate you.
We can just, break the game.
See, that there's the lateral kind of thinking you're gonna be up against.
Mad logic, irrefutable.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Banned

I have no clue whats going on.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:17 PM
For Vendetta

As soon as I get confirmation of two more leaders, things will get more clear.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:40 PM
For Vendetta

Here are the rules -

- The 3 leaders start off. Their first stop is their 3 FICs (First In Commands), and they keep moving on till they come across other members for their groups.

- If a group meets a particular member who wishes to take on the Apocalypse by himself/herself, he/she is free to do so, and the group will move on.

- The choice of HDC members in the groups' paths is random. If they don't respond to the group leader's invite within 24 hours, they will be assumed as BIT (Bitten, Infected, Turned), and then that particular group leader will decide their fate.

- Throughout the times the groups move, they will come across malls, stores, homes, garages, airports, train stations, bus stops, motels, cafes, gas stops, etc. Depending on the places, several items will be available. The groups then have to decide if those items are important for their survival in the Apocalypse. They are free to choose or discard items accordingly.

- Each group member can carry a maximum of 15 items - 5 food items, 5 weapons, and 5 other assortments. In case they want more, they will either have to dump/barter one or more items which they are already carrying.

- Each necessary item will be locked. To unlock it, the group or a chosen member will have to answer a particular trivia question. Correct answer wins them that item. In case two or more groups answer in the right, the item/items will be distributed equally between them.

- Bonus items are found scattered throughout. They will carry FIVE questions.

- Special items can be found by particular members, and if unlocked with correct answers, will belong to that particular member ONLY. If that member dies, someone in his/her group can lay claim to that special item. First come, first get basis.

- Needless to say, the larger a group is, the more chances of survival they have. That doesn't mean that an individual member working alone cannot pull through. He/she will have a harder time, though.

- A solution to end the Apocalypse will be presented when the groups/ individual members have travelled through all the designated locations. They can then try their hand at it. If they are successful, the Apocalypment ends, and he/she/they will be the Winner(s).

That's basically the framework. Other things will keep coming in as we progress.

Now, I need two more leaders.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Cranky

Have all the players been chosen?

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 05-01-2011, 09:58 PM
For Vendetta

Yes. It's basically all of HDC. :)