Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
You are an idiot.

And a biggot.
Explain? Why is that? I bet you cannot name one reason....Am I not allowed to make a point or a statement. Stop sticking up for shit that you cannot back up.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Jaded

I think 1408 looks very good! I really like John Cusack too! Haven't seen it yet, but am looking forward to it!

"There is no fuckin' ice cream in your fuckin' future." -Otis
"Once in a while ya get shown the light, in the strangest of places if ya look at it right." -RH&JG
"Do your best, fuck the rest." -Me
"Onward, through the fog..." -Me
Old 06-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Tenant

You'll love it, Mona. I really can't recommend this flick enough.

And I like Cusack, too, and he puts on an excellent performance.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Evil Dead

I love John Cusack and try to see everything he's in. I also enjoy King's work, so this flick was a given. Cusack's acting was the best part for me. I enjoyed the story and got to jump a few times. So yeah, pretty decent, and as I posted in the "last movie seen" thread, I give it 7/10.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Tenant

SodaGirl: Where are you at in Iowa, if you don't mind me asking? I'm moving out there (Iowa City) next year to be a Freshman at the U of I.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Fear scented candle

Black people being loud in a theater is a stereotype. Like all stereotypes, there is some truth to it, but they are sweeping generalizations about a groupbased on a select few.

Just like saying someone who thinks black people are loud in theaters is a biggot. Perhaps most of the black peiople he knows or have been exposed tyo ARE loud in theaters. Most white people I know are WAY to sensitive about the feelings of other races. But again, that is a stereotype ;)

Anyway. I thought the movie was decent, of course cusack's acting was great, and he went a long way to sell what i thought were some pretty mediocre scares. However, the tension and atmosphere was greta, the scares just didnt deliver on the promise the atmosphere made.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
Black people being loud in a theater is a stereotype. Like all stereotypes, there is some truth to it, but they are sweeping generalizations about a groupbased on a select few.

Just like saying someone who thinks black people are loud in theaters is a biggot. Perhaps most of the black peiople he knows or have been exposed tyo ARE loud in theaters. Most white people I know are WAY to sensitive about the feelings of other races. But again, that is a stereotype ;)

Anyway. I thought the movie was decent, of course cusack's acting was great, and he went a long way to sell what i thought were some pretty mediocre scares. However, the tension and atmosphere was greta, the scares just didnt deliver on the promise the atmosphere made.
The point was that it was completely irrelevant.

It would be like me saying: I went to the theater and bought a ticket for a movie. The ticket-seller was white. Then I watched the movie, and I really liked it.

It was a pointless addition of a detail, that was all I was saying.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:16 PM
Alien life form

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
The point was that it was completely irrelevant.

It would be like me saying: I went to the theater and bought a ticket for a movie. The ticket-seller was white. Then I watched the movie, and I really liked it.

It was a pointless addition of a detail, that was all I was saying.
Agreed - totally, absolutely, utterly, definitely!
Old 06-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Alien life form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Damn, I guess I shouldn't ever watch a movie again when Im high. Saw it Friday and I thought it was decent but most definately not scary at all. Seemed almost more of a comedy to me. But I cant have much say in that considering my condition, not to mention the group of black people behind me who laughed every 5 minutes and wouldnt shut the hell up.

So.. you were high? On what? Are you perfectly sure the people behind you were black? Could they have been purple or cerise, even? I know a lot of purple people who happen to be noisy, but I do not know if their colour is relevant or not - after all, I have a tendancy to stare at purple people so one could assume that I am a very rude person. And white. And my house is pink. And my dog has the same ginger hair colour as me but I dont know if that makes him a copy cat??!!! :confused:

um..... that makes me a rude, white person, who lives in a pink house with a ginger dog, who is possibly a copy cat - what a colourful and surreal world I live in - indeed!

Last edited by Shazbut; 06-27-2007 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:17 AM
scream!

1408 ey... saw it on some website the other day. Reminds me of the shining but theres no wife and son to make it more interesting.

Not my cup of tee..pretty boring. The scary parts weren't really scary because they were either too predictable or took so long to happen.

5/10