PDA

View Full Version : Four Year Old Killed by Drunk

Lucid Dreams
09-10-2004, 02:58 PM
I don't really know a lot about the subject, and from what i've heard, it was put on the news.

In my town....a friend of a 4 year old child's family was with the child by a Dunkin' Donuts. This is basically the busyiest(sp?) street in town because it gets you everywhere you have to.

The 4 year old some how got away from the guardian at the time...and started walking across the street...and was struck by a Drunk Driver

....the female driver did not even stay...they found her a few towns over, and the police took her in

....The even worse thing is that this woman didn't even know what she did.

She's getting 5 years of jail time.

The family of the child also has 2 or 3 other siblings, all older than this boy.

There is now a spot where the child had been struck comemorating(sp?) his death.

That poor family...theres going to be a charity to raise money to help the family....sadly it won't help bring the poor child back to life, and it won't make them feel better.

I could only imagine how they feel towards the woman that struck the baby.

juanhacko
09-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Stuff like that sucks

Here in north Texas a friend of mine's cousin, and her husband were T-boned by a drunk Driver. They are still in the hospital but their 3 children--ages 7 months to 9 years--were killed outright--the parents did get to attend the funeral, but had to go by ambulance.

This just happened last week, so I don't know the outcome for the driver.

I could have been that driver for a number of years, but now I have 13+ years clean and sober.

Lucid Dreams
09-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by juanhacko
Stuff like that sucks

Here in north Texas a friend of mine's cousin, and her husband were T-boned by a drunk Driver. They are still in the hospital but their 3 children--ages 7 months to 9 years--were killed outright--the parents did get to attend the funeral, but had to go by ambulance.

This just happened last week, so I don't know the outcome for the driver.

I could have been that driver for a number of years, but now I have 13+ years clean and sober.

thats really sad....people don't know how to drive right anymore....its just really fucked up...and congrats 4 the sobriety

juanhacko
09-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks, Lucid Dreams.