PDA

View Full Version : 3 Rotting Corpses Found In Mini Van

bloodrayne
08-17-2004, 05:13 AM
Three Decomposing Bodies Found Inside Mini Van
California
CHULA VISTA – Police found three decomposing bodies in a parked minivan yesterday after they were alerted to a suspicious liquid and an odor coming from the vehicle.

The discovery was made about 8 a.m. by a motorist who had stopped behind the Dodge minivan to check a map, said a spokesman for the Chula Vista Police Department.

The vehicle was on a quiet suburban street on Brandywine Avenue near Sonora Drive. Police said when they opened the minivan, they found two men who had been dead for some time and were starting to decompose. A blanket had been thrown over the bodies. The third dead man was found underneath one of the corpses.

Investigators said the three men were killed elsewhere and dumped off in the neighborhood in the minivan. Autopsies will be conducted to determine how and when the men died.

The grisly discovery drew out residents, including some with binoculars. Andre Doucette, 15, stood outside in the hot sun watching police investigate and a hazardous-materials crew clean up the unnamed liquid that had oozed onto the street.

"Really scary. It makes me wonder about people I don't know," he said. "I was out until 3:30 (a.m.). When I got home, that van wasn't there. My mother left at around 5:30, that van wasn't there. We pay attention. We look for suspicious cars."

His friend Diego Lopez, 15, said the scene was a shock. "To wake up to this," Lopez said.

Mavis McMahon, 80, who lives nearby, said she didn't hear anything strange the night before but that the discovery was unsettling.

"I've been feeling funny all day, shaking," McMahon said. "It's a little too close to home."