PDA

View Full Version : Ray Bradbury

Stingy Jack
07-22-2004, 09:43 AM
Anyone like Bradbury? I am currently at work on his novel From the Dust Returned, which takes place in his wonderful "October Country." If you are like me, and love autumn and the Halloween season, you need to read some of his stories that take place here. They aren't "horror" but dark fantasy, and are delightful.

Egekrusher
07-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
Anyone like Bradbury? I am currently at work on his novel From the Dust Returned, which takes place in his wonderful "October Country." If you are like me, and love autumn and the Halloween season, you need to read some of his stories that take place here. They aren't "horror" but dark fantasy, and are delightful.

Bradbury is awesome. He's the perfect example of sci-fi melded with horror.

annabel lee
07-22-2004, 01:53 PM
I am a Bradbury fan also. My first was The Martian Chronicles. What was the story where he quoted Lord Byron's poem "So we'll go not more a'roving?"

Stingy Jack
07-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by annabel lee
I am a Bradbury fan also. My first was The Martian Chronicles. What was the story where he quoted Lord Byron's poem "So we'll go not more a'roving?"

Being an English teacher, I'm ashamed to say that I don't know. However, I am intrigued and will not rest until I find the answer! :)

nine9
07-22-2004, 10:16 PM
I LOVE RAY BRADBURY!!!!!!!! Especially the Illustrated man!

Also Martian Chronicles, and have read other short stories!

Love his series too! Pisses me off how they take everything off that is horror............horror stuff is always the first to get cancelled! Well, Ray is more Sci FI...............but close enough!

nine9
07-22-2004, 10:18 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! And Something This Way Comes!

One of my faves!:D

annabel lee
07-23-2004, 07:58 AM
By the pricking of my thumb, something wicked this way comes!!!!

Stephen King has an entire section on this story in his critique on horror, Danse Macabre. It was pretty good comentary. Its been awhile since I read the story.

nine9
07-23-2004, 08:16 AM

Stephen King has an entire section on this story in his critique on horror, Danse Macabre. It was pretty good comentary. Its been awhile since I read the story.

I read Danse Macabre, along time ago, when it first came out!

I typoed on missing the wicked..........missed it on my edit somehow..... LOL!

Stingy Jack
07-23-2004, 02:43 PM

Danse Macabre is an excellent study on the horror genre. It really affected a lot of my opinions on the subject. I wish I still had a copy. :(