PDA

View Full Version : leave your suggestions for stingy's film

massacre man
06-22-2004, 10:09 AM
sinse my thread was deleted so you can leave your suggestions here

bloodrayne
06-22-2004, 10:14 AM
I already love what he's doing with my character...I wish that we wouldn't have lost the scenes with the cops (kPro and Hatebreeder), the one with Dirt in the dark...That one was pretty kickass...I think that all I would suggest at this point is a dark, swampy setting, as it is in New Orleans...Perhaps we can get some gator and snake action in there somewhere, too:)

newb
06-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Good idea. hmmmmmm how about a sloppy chicken salad eating mortician.

massacre man
06-22-2004, 10:16 AM
i like evrything so far

bloodrayne
06-22-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by newb
Good idea. hmmmmmm how about a sloppy chicken salad eating mortician. LOL...Not gonna let that one go, are ya, Newb?...Looks like it's gonna have to be in there :D

massacre man
06-22-2004, 10:29 AM
i wanna be a normal person who ends up surviving in the end saving the day

i wanna be a 6 foot 3 13 year old like in real life

zwoti
06-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by massacre man

not sure anyone on this board can claim to be normal

bloodrayne
06-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by zwoti
not sure anyone on this board can claim to be normal That depends on your own personal perception, doesn't it?...In MY little world...The FREAKS are the "Norm" ;) Majority sets the standard right?...Well, freaks are all I know:cool:

jay o2 waster
06-22-2004, 12:01 PM
sinse my thread was deleted so you can leave your suggestions here

why was it deleted?

Stingy Jack
06-22-2004, 12:29 PM

i wanna be a 6 foot 3 13 year old like in real life

Damn ... 13 years old, and you're already as tall as me! (6'3").

Well, here's an adjustment in the story that I've decided to make. The thing in Freddy's basement, as we all know, is the kidnapped half-god spawn of Bloodrayne's unholy rape (is there a holy rape?) I did a little research into Voodoo gods and discovered one that I think fits the bill rather nicely. It's called Limba, and it supposedly lives in the rocks and has a voracious appetite for human flesh. Not even it's devotees are safe from his binges! However, that's all the information on this guy I could find (those voodoo people are actually damn good at keeping their stuff secret). I really need to find more information on this thing if I am going to put authentic details in the story, so I plan on taking a trip to some libraries and bookstores this weekend. ANYWAY ... Limba's half-spawn in the basement is the real threat in the movie. Freddy's character, I decided, was not a killer before he found the abandoned baby in the graveyard. Instead, the infant calls to him and places him under some sort of mind control, forcing him to kill and bring him bodies to eat so that it can grow (and satisfy that appetite of his.) Freddy's character is reported as a missing person, and the cops just think he's another victim whose body was never found. In actuality, he's holed himself up in the abandoned and condemned plantation home, where he serves the spawn of Limba.

When Freddy makes a kill, he leaves behind an offering or a symbol or something in homage to Limba, the baby's daddy. It is through clues like these that the detectives are drawn into the voodoo subculture in New Orleans, and are eventually led to Bloodrayne's character. Since the loss of her baby, Bloodrayne (known as Mambo Blanche) has not been the same. The children in the community in which she lives are drawn to her home, spending much of their time there, playing in the yard, napping in her rooms, eating meals, etc. The families either think that Mambo Blanche is really good with kids, or are too afraid of her power to question what the hell is going on. At any rate, no harm seems to come to the kids, and they appear to be happy. Of course, Mambo Blanche is bewitching the local children in an attempt to fill the void left by the loss of her child (a trick she learned from Micheal Jackson). She truly has no idea that her baby is alive and growing in Freddy's basement.

ShankS, Mambo Blanche's husband, originally murdered Limba's baby, fearing that it was an unholy beast. Mambo Blanche brainwashes him in an attempt to find out where he hid the kid ... and old ShankS has been under her control ever since. The detectives notice that he acts rather odd and suspicious when they arrive to question Mambo Blanche, and soon name him as a suspect. I don't know how ShankS manages to help them out, but the police, naturally, become VERY interested in hearing anything he has to say about the recent rash of murders/disappearances. They learn the story of the rape and resulting birth from ShankS ... somehow.

Now, since the thing in Freddy's basement is the real threat ... I think it's only good storytelling that Mambo Blanche be the one to kill it. Two reasons: A) She's a powerful Mambo, and probably the only one who has the ability to stop it. B) She's actually a good character who has fallen on bad times. Her facing the child that has been haunting her life, and killing it, is a great opportunity for her to overcome her major conflict and attempt to return to a normal existence.

Maybe massacre man's character is one of the children in Mambo Blanche's community and convinces Mambo Blanche to help the detectives? He might be able to kill Freddy, but I don't think Mambo Blanche would bring him out to the plantation. I need to think about that some more.

As for the detectives: These two guys are the real protagonists of the story, and it is their characters that the narrative focuses on. Therefore, they need to be pretty complex and thought-out. As it is now, they're pretty flat, typical detective type characters with no real personalities (a major drawback). I thought of all the famous detective pairs that are in film ... The Lethal Weapon guys, Mulder and Scully, the Rush Hour duo, Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt from Seven ... and the trend seems to be: Make one detective serious and "by the book", and the other more of a loose cannon. I'm not sure if I want to follow the trend, yet. I should really flesh out these guys before moving on too much. Any suggestions???

That's it for now.

Stingy Jack
06-22-2004, 01:09 PM
I also thought I'd throw a pic of myself here since people may not see it in that massive "post a picture of yourself" thread. This is me at the Jackson International Airport, enjoying a cup of Maxwell House. The shock and awe of having to get up at 4:30 in the goddamn morning to get to the airport is really apparent in my eyes. :D This is the only pic of me I have on the computer, and my scanner is missing it's USB cable. I had another of one of me standing behind behind Jesus in a painting of "The Last Supper" wearing a hunter's cap with earflaps and stirring a big pot of mac and cheese. Don't know what happened to it, though.

Stingy Jack
06-22-2004, 01:10 PM
Forgot the pic. What a retard. I really don't look like this ... remember, it's early. And I'm hamming for the camera, too.

massacre man
06-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
Damn ... 13 years old, and you're already as tall as me! (6'3").

Well, here's an adjustment in the story that I've decided to make. The thing in Freddy's basement, as we all know, is the kidnapped half-god spawn of Bloodrayne's unholy rape (is there a holy rape?) I did a little research into Voodoo gods and discovered one that I think fits the bill rather nicely. It's called Limba, and it supposedly lives in the rocks and has a voracious appetite for human flesh. Not even it's devotees are safe from his binges! However, that's all the information on this guy I could find (those voodoo people are actually damn good at keeping their stuff secret). I really need to find more information on this thing if I am going to put authentic details in the story, so I plan on taking a trip to some libraries and bookstores this weekend. ANYWAY ... Limba's half-spawn in the basement is the real threat in the movie. Freddy's character, I decided, was not a killer before he found the abandoned baby in the graveyard. Instead, the infant calls to him and places him under some sort of mind control, forcing him to kill and bring him bodies to eat so that it can grow (and satisfy that appetite of his.) Freddy's character is reported as a missing person, and the cops just think he's another victim whose body was never found. In actuality, he's holed himself up in the abandoned and condemned plantation home, where he serves the spawn of Limba.

When Freddy makes a kill, he leaves behind an offering or a symbol or something in homage to Limba, the baby's daddy. It is through clues like these that the detectives are drawn into the voodoo subculture in New Orleans, and are eventually led to Bloodrayne's character. Since the loss of her baby, Bloodrayne (known as Mambo Blanche) has not been the same. The children in the community in which she lives are drawn to her home, spending much of their time there, playing in the yard, napping in her rooms, eating meals, etc. The families either think that Mambo Blanche is really good with kids, or are too afraid of her power to question what the hell is going on. At any rate, no harm seems to come to the kids, and they appear to be happy. Of course, Mambo Blanche is bewitching the local children in an attempt to fill the void left by the loss of her child (a trick she learned from Micheal Jackson). She truly has no idea that her baby is alive and growing in Freddy's basement.

ShankS, Mambo Blanche's husband, originally murdered Limba's baby, fearing that it was an unholy beast. Mambo Blanche brainwashes him in an attempt to find out where he hid the kid ... and old ShankS has been under her control ever since. The detectives notice that he acts rather odd and suspicious when they arrive to question Mambo Blanche, and soon name him as a suspect. I don't know how ShankS manages to help them out, but the police, naturally, become VERY interested in hearing anything he has to say about the recent rash of murders/disappearances. They learn the story of the rape and resulting birth from ShankS ... somehow.

Now, since the thing in Freddy's basement is the real threat ... I think it's only good storytelling that Mambo Blanche be the one to kill it. Two reasons: A) She's a powerful Mambo, and probably the only one who has the ability to stop it. B) She's actually a good character who has fallen on bad times. Her facing the child that has been haunting her life, and killing it, is a great opportunity for her to overcome her major conflict and attempt to return to a normal existence.

Maybe massacre man's character is one of the children in Mambo Blanche's community and convinces Mambo Blanche to help the detectives? He might be able to kill Freddy, but I don't think Mambo Blanche would bring him out to the plantation. I need to think about that some more.

As for the detectives: These two guys are the real protagonists of the story, and it is their characters that the narrative focuses on. Therefore, they need to be pretty complex and thought-out. As it is now, they're pretty flat, typical detective type characters with no real personalities (a major drawback). I thought of all the famous detective pairs that are in film ... The Lethal Weapon guys, Mulder and Scully, the Rush Hour duo, Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt from Seven ... and the trend seems to be: Make one detective serious and "by the book", and the other more of a loose cannon. I'm not sure if I want to follow the trend, yet. I should really flesh out these guys before moving on too much. Any suggestions???

That's it for now.

maybe i could be walking around the plantation and i hear gunshots and run over there or something

jay o2 waster
06-22-2004, 04:43 PM
suggestion: make it good:D

fluffho
06-22-2004, 11:23 PM
u best not be forgettin me.

Miss Britt
06-23-2004, 01:59 AM
Forgot the pic. What a retard. I really don't look like this ... remember, it's early. And I'm hamming for the camera, too. You look shocked.... cute picture tho...

Stingy Jack
06-23-2004, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Miss Britt
You look shocked.... cute picture tho...

I wish I had a regular pic I could show ... in the "post a pic of yourself" thread. Too bad my scanner's been taken off life support.

I won't forget you fluffho! I saw your pics last night and have been seriously considering your nude scene you described. ;)

And I'll try to make the movie good.

Vampenguin
06-23-2004, 07:49 AM
I personally think that mostly all the active members here should have a cameo, at the very least....like mention them or somethin, ya know? My real name's Andrew, BTW.

I also have an idea to use as a vessel to show what the detectives are like. As many detective stories do, you should put a totally unrelated case, right at the beggining, just to show how they interact with each other. Maybe it could invole the nazis? Lol

Stingy Jack
06-23-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Vampenguin
I personally think that mostly all the active members here should have a cameo, at the very least....like mention them or somethin, ya know? My real name's Andrew, BTW.

I also have an idea to use as a vessel to show what the detectives are like. As many detective stories do, you should put a totally unrelated case, right at the beggining, just to show how they interact with each other. Maybe it could invole the nazis? Lol

Yeah, I was thinking of the cameo idea. This is why I had the detectives interact with a lot of people during their investigation (the people they meet become more shadowy and dangerous). Of course, we may have to limit some people's scenes to really brief cameos. Like, the guy that sells Kpro a donut or something. I don't want the movie to be too cluttered. Also, I think we can show the detectives interact with each other at the beginning of the film without having to introduce an unrelated case. I think sticking to the main case will keep the story cleaner. Or, they could be investigating an APPARENTLY unrelated case ... but it turns out it's not unrelated at all. And what should these detectives be like? I still haven't heard suggestions to this.

Vampenguin
06-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I was thinking of the cameo idea. This is why I had the detectives interact with a lot of people during their investigation (the people they meet become more shadowy and dangerous). Of course, we may have to limit some people's scenes to really brief cameos. Like, the guy that sells Kpro a donut or something. I don't want the movie to be too cluttered. Also, I think we can show the detectives interact with each other at the beginning of the film without having to introduce an unrelated case. I think sticking to the main case will keep the story cleaner. Or, they could be investigating an APPARENTLY unrelated case ... but it turns out it's not unrelated at all. And what should these detectives be like? I still haven't heard suggestions to this.

I personally think the regular formula works well, the formula you mentioned before, one being straight and by the book, the other being kinda aloof. And I think this also seems to fit the people you chose to portrey them. Kpro being the straight (in one way....) cop, and HB being the one that kinda goes by his own rules.

Stingy Jack
06-23-2004, 08:33 AM
I personally think the regular formula works well, the formula you mentioned before, one being straight and by the book, the other being kinda aloof. And I think this also seems to fit the people you chose to portrey them. Kpro being the straight (in one way....) cop, and HB being the one that kinda goes by his own rules.

Yes, I agree. It is a tried-and-true combination that works well in almost all respects. Now ... I just need to figure out the background for them, and I'll be ready to go!

Vampenguin
06-23-2004, 08:39 AM
Hers an idea to change it slightly.....Hows about we make the older one the one who makes his own rules?Or make them bth old?

Stingy Jack
06-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Hers an idea to change it slightly.....Hows about we make the older one the one who makes his own rules?Or make them bth old?

I actually like that idea, and was toying with it (believe it or not.) I thought a great way to break the mold was to make at least one of the detectives an older, more seasoned veteran ... instead of having them both young. But, that's a lot like Seven. But still, the guy (whose character's name eludes me for the moment) who was trying to hunt down Micheal Myers was an intriguing character to me, and I would like to do one kind of like him ... even though he's old. I was also thinking, since we are dealing with voodoo with this story, of having one of the detectives sort of jumpy and superstitious, and the other one a rational skeptic who doesn't buy into any ideas of supernatural phenomenon.

Vampenguin
06-23-2004, 09:18 AM
I was also thinking, since we are dealing with voodoo with this story, of having one of the detectives sort of jumpy and superstitious, and the other one a rational skeptic who doesn't buy into any ideas of supernatural phenomenon.

That sounds awesome!! Run with it!

Stingy Jack
06-23-2004, 09:28 AM
That sounds awesome!! Run with it!

Yeah ... yeah I think I will. :) It'll be a great opportunity for me to have some real fun with the dialogue. Of course, I was worried they might appear too Mulder and Scully-ish ... but Mulder wasn't jumpy. He was all into it.

fluffho
06-23-2004, 11:19 AM
nudity kicks ass

hey. all this talk about cops and my name isnt there. remember IM a cop too! a somewhat lousy one anyway

nine9
06-23-2004, 11:32 AM
Hey Stingy! Just reminding you about my Zombie serial killer role! Don't want to get fired for turning down the nude scene! LOL!

Would be broken hearted if you forgot me :( ;)

Stingy Jack
06-23-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by nine9
Hey Stingy! Just reminding you about my Zombie serial killer role! Don't want to get fired for turning down the nude scene! LOL!

Would be broken hearted if you forgot me :( ;)

I would never forget you! But, I may have to reserve your role for the "zany" version of the movie. I think you've noticed that I got quite attached to the story, and wanted to attempt a serious shot at the screenplay ... but Bloodrayne convinced me to write two versions. I'm going to write the serious one first, so I can get it done and submitted. Then, I'll go back and hack out a funny one. And, I'm sorry to say, but I think I zombie with multiple-personality disorder is a little too wacky for the serious version. You can still be a zombie, though!

kpropain
06-23-2004, 11:43 AM
I actually like that idea, and was toying with it (believe it or not.) I thought a great way to break the mold was to make at least one of the detectives an older, more seasoned veteran ... instead of having them both young. But, that's a lot like Seven. But still, the guy (whose character's name eludes me for the moment) who was trying to hunt down Micheal Myers was an intriguing character to me, and I would like to do one kind of like him ... even though he's old. I was also thinking, since we are dealing with voodoo with this story, of having one of the detectives sort of jumpy and superstitious, and the other one a rational skeptic who doesn't buy into any ideas of supernatural phenomenon.

I'm the older than Hatebreeder, and I'm also a rational skeptic, if that helps....

nine9
06-23-2004, 11:44 AM
I would never forget you! But, I may have to reserve your role for the "zany" version of the movie. I think you've noticed that I got quite attached to the story, and wanted to attempt a serious shot at the screenplay ... but Bloodrayne convinced me to write two versions. I'm going to write the serious one first, so I can get it done and submitted. Then, I'll go back and hack out a funny one. And, I'm sorry to say, but I think I zombie with multiple-personality disorder is a little too wacky for the serious version. You can still be a zombie, though!

Yeah....see what you mean!:p LMAO

You are a sweatheart Stingy! Can hardly wait. :D

Stingy Jack
06-23-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by kpropain
I'm the older than Hatebreeder, and I'm also a rational skeptic, if that helps....

Cool! Perfect fit! But, it seems to me that the older veteran may be the superstitious one ... I mean, he's been on the force longer and has seen a lot more than the younger one. I can picture the younger one just transferring into the city, and maybe he's jumpy because all of the creepy voodoo shit is new to him. I can picture a scene where the two detectives are examining a crime scene, and they notice that the blood left behind is congealed, but not dried ... like fresh blood oozed from a corpse.

Older Dick:
No, it's blood. (He crouches over a smear at the foot of the bed while donning a latex glove. He gently prods a glob and inspects it between his fingertips)

Younger Dick:
(Leaning over older Dick's shoulder) Looks like jelly. You ever see anything like this?

Older Dick:
Once or twice. A long time ago ... shortly after I joined the force. The person that bled this was already dead.

Younger Dick:
(Scoffs, but, with a look from Older Dick, regains his composure) You're serious. You mean, someone walked a dead body through here like ... like a puppet?

Older Dick:
( Standing ) Or the body walked through here itself.

Younger Dick:
( Studies Older Dick's face for signs of a joke. When he finds none:) That's fucking impossible. ( laughs softly )

Older Dick:
( still serious ) Welcome to New Orleans.

(Horrible dialogue, I know. Just demonstrating my point.)

movieman64
06-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Have one of the partners become a victim, and the other have to bring a new partner up to speed. This new partner could be one who is under control of the main character and sent to manipulate or thwart the investigation.

Je Suis Phnomne
06-23-2004, 03:32 PM
perhaps toss in a local legend *sorta like the who Dr. Satan thing* but this one sticks his victims in a blender. Everyone knows its him, but cant find any evidence.

massacre man
06-23-2004, 04:12 PM
i want everyone to think im dead but i end up saving everyone else like i just get knocked out or on the ground because of a wound but i manage to get up and save the others

bloodrayne
06-24-2004, 12:09 AM
You guys are brilliant...I love these ideas...

Stingy Jack...I can almost "see" that last scene that you posted......*Monty Burns voice*..."Excellent":cool:

misterX
06-24-2004, 12:16 AM

good idea but ya have t ochange my name from wufongtan(apprantly some people are touchy about hair styles)
to misterX lollollolloolloloololol

ShankS
06-24-2004, 01:17 AM
great stuff here, it's coming along nicely, good character development.

Stingy Jack
06-24-2004, 06:05 AM
Wow ... thanks! You guys are really supportive. I started on the rough draft last night, then decided the easiest way to do this would be to write out, in detail, all of the scenes I have in my mind on notecards. That way, I can arrange them however I want for the final product. Besides, this story seems to be getting told in a scatalogical order, anyway. :D

ShankS
06-24-2004, 06:11 AM
............scatalogical order, anyway. :D

what we call in the Uk.. 'organised chaos' :D

nine9
06-24-2004, 06:25 AM
Hey Stingy! What music will we use for this movie? That is when it is released worldwide!

Music is very important to set the whole mood..........maybe one of our musicians here could write the score.:cool:

Stingy Jack
06-24-2004, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by nine9
Hey Stingy! What music will we use for this movie? That is when it is released worldwide!

Music is very important to set the whole mood..........maybe one of our musicians here could write the score.:cool:

I thought about that too! The only musician I know of here is Dirt ... and I haven't listened to his stuff. But I'm sure he'll give me a link to some samples when he reads this. It would be great if someone here could write an original score for the film.

bloodrayne
06-24-2004, 06:40 AM
I thought about that too! The only musician I know of here is Dirt ... and I haven't listened to his stuff. But I'm sure he'll give me a link to some samples when he reads this. It would be great if someone here could write an original score for the film. HEY...What about ARIOCH?!...He already did a soundtrack for a horror movie....Hold on...Let me see if I can find the link to the Beginning Credits theme....

friday13thfan
06-24-2004, 06:41 AM
I thought about that too! The only musician I know of here is Dirt ... and I haven't listened to his stuff. But I'm sure he'll give me a link to some samples when he reads this. It would be great if someone here could write an original score for the film.

yeah arioch like bloodrayne said is a great muscian and so is vamprocker who i have not seen in a while

Stingy Jack
06-24-2004, 06:47 AM
Oh! Well, hell! Let's get Arioch on board, then. See ... I'm still new. Lots I still don't know about you all.

nine9
06-24-2004, 06:51 AM
Arioch and dirT are both good......I guess we could choose tracks from a few and use as many good ones as possible. :D

bloodrayne
06-24-2004, 06:52 AM
Okay...Found it...Tell me what you think...

As this was created to be the introduction of the movie credits in the beginning of the film...Arioch was asked by the person who is making the film, to hit the title with a hard guitar...So the slow, soft beginning you hear is when the names are coming up on the screen, that's why it's so long in the beginning, to make sure there is enough room for all of the names...If there are less names, the beginning can be shortened...But, if there are MORE names, it has to be added to, which is much more difficult, so it's better to have too much, than too little...And the guitar is supposed to hit at the exact same time that the title appears...Can you picture it?

Soundtrack (http://www.texasmartialarts.net/longinus-soundtrack.mp3)

nine9
06-24-2004, 07:10 AM
Well that was fucking fantastic Bloodrayne!

Arioch's got to be in on this for sure!:D :cool:

Stingy Jack
06-24-2004, 07:13 AM
Holy Muther! What kind of connection do you have, Nine9?? I'm still downloading the music, and am only halfway through the download!

Stingy Jack
06-24-2004, 07:39 AM
Okay, finally downloaded it ... and ... I LOVED it! Except for the guitar. Not to my taste. That deep base melody that played throughout was cool ... kind of had a Halloween feel to it. I like film openings that have an orchestral feel to them. Halloween, the Exorcist, the Omen. And I think Arioch could do a awesome score in that style. But then again, I also liked the NIN opening to Seven, and the Johnny Cash opening to the remake of Dawn of the Dead ... so go figure. Maybe I'm not into combining styles like that.

bloodrayne
06-24-2004, 08:26 AM
Okay, finally downloaded it ... and ... I LOVED it! Except for the guitar. Not to my taste. That deep base melody that played throughout was cool ... kind of had a Halloween feel to it. I like film openings that have an orchestral feel to them. Halloween, the Exorcist, the Omen. And I think Arioch could do a awesome score in that style. But then again, I also liked the NIN opening to Seven, and the Johnny Cash opening to the remake of Dawn of the Dead ... so go figure. Maybe I'm not into combining styles like that. LOL...I know what you mean...Actually, THAT one was done by specific request, and it was for a psychological thriller, so it was supposed to have that type of "feel", which would of course be much different than what we would be looking for in THIS film...However, He can do absolutely anything that you would like...he is extremely talented

...As a matter of fact, THIS is something that he did while he was still in high school...Many years ago...lol...

Never Again (Instrumental) (http://www.texasmartialarts.net/longinus-neveragain_instro.mp3)

He was awesome then...He's even better now...If you click on the link in his sig, at the bottom of any of his posts, you can hear his latest track (Still Untitled), for his CD:cool:

bloodrayne
06-24-2004, 08:28 AM
Sorry, Nine...I forgot to thank you, so...Thanks...Of course, it really isn't my place, I didn't do anything...lol...He will appreciate it though:)

nine9
06-24-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Sorry, Nine...I forgot to thank you, so...Thanks...Of course, it really isn't my place, I didn't do anything...lol...He will appreciate it though:)

Just wait till he hears about his new job! LOL! We sure are good at delegating responsibilities! ;)

thEsounDofdirT
06-24-2004, 02:00 PM
jhey hey... i thought i'd jump in :)... wanna hear an example of one of my soundtrack type tunes?.. i wrote it for a scene in a screenplay that i finished recently

it's at http://www.garageband.com/artist/thesoundofdirt

would be best if you actually clicked download

thEsounDofdirT
06-24-2004, 02:06 PM
here's a link to the song profile

http://www.garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSnaVixZmA

just click download

i have many more soundtrack type songs if you'd like to hear

Stingy Jack
06-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by thEsounDofdirT
jhey hey... i thought i'd jump in :)... wanna hear an example of one of my soundtrack type tunes?.. i wrote it for a scene in a screenplay that i finished recently

it's at http://www.garageband.com/artist/thesoundofdirt

would be best if you actually clicked download

Which song should I download? There are many!

thEsounDofdirT
06-24-2004, 02:13 PM
oh sorry i thought i said...

"The Death of Mora"

make sure to download though.. streaming sounds bad from there for some reason

Arioch
06-24-2004, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the props guys...ya it was very halloween inspired....

I have to admit that dirt is certainly talented and has been doing this a bit longer than i have, and it shows....

It would be fun doing another project like that tho....

Stingy Jack
06-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Okay, since I was last on my new AOL 9.0 Optimized CD came in the mail. I installed the program, and now my internet experience is all fucked to shit. Images aren't loading, downloads take forever (and I thought they were long before!), and I keep getting booted. Hence, I have not yet listened to your sample, dirT. I will get to it as soon as I clean up my net, though.

thEsounDofdirT
06-24-2004, 08:06 PM
no problem man :) i have like 70 tracks now... so anything on the net is just a small portion of the possiblities.. and i'm on like 6 different net sites for posted mp3s

i dog arioch's stuff as well.. i need to check out the soundtrack stuff :)

Miss Britt
06-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Okay...Found it...Tell me what you think...

As this was created to be the introduction of the movie credits in the beginning of the film...Arioch was asked by the person who is making the film, to hit the title with a hard guitar...So the slow, soft beginning you hear is when the names are coming up on the screen, that's why it's so long in the beginning, to make sure there is enough room for all of the names...If there are less names, the beginning can be shortened...But, if there are MORE names, it has to be added to, which is much more difficult, so it's better to have too much, than too little...And the guitar is supposed to hit at the exact same time that the title appears...Can you picture it?

Soundtrack (http://www.texasmartialarts.net/longinus-soundtrack.mp3)

I liked it Took a while to download but worth it ;)