PDA

View Full Version : Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark!!!!!!

Jake.Ashworth
01-14-2016, 11:22 AM
F ME!!!!! If this happens I will lose it...

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3376659/guillermo-del-toro-scares-your-childhood-with-scary-stories-to-tell-in-the-dark/

hammerfan
01-14-2016, 11:29 AM
Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Jake.Ashworth
01-14-2016, 12:38 PM
Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Its a good thing, a very good thing. I love the books and I would love to see them done, and I know he would do them right. I'm super excited about this.

horcrux2007
01-14-2016, 02:57 PM
Very excited for this! That was definitely a childhood favorite of mine.

Roiffalo
01-14-2016, 05:46 PM
jeezus H cRist. As if the books weren't terrifying enough. If done right this movie could traumatize a whole new generation right past therapy and into the asylums.

Jake.Ashworth
01-15-2016, 07:25 AM
jeezus H cRist. As if the books weren't terrifying enough. If done right this movie could traumatize a whole new generation right past therapy and into the asylums.

Right, I read these to my oldest when he was six, I almost regretted it as I was reading them. I forgot how legit scary they where. Unfortunately they have re-illustrated them and the pictures aren't nearly as creepy.

Roiffalo
01-15-2016, 01:57 PM
Right, I read these to my oldest when he was six, I almost regretted it as I was reading them. I forgot how legit scary they where. Unfortunately they have re-illustrated them and the pictures aren't nearly as creepy.
I heard about the re-illustrations. Fucking lame. I don't even remember the stories, but lord knows I will never forget the horror of those original drawings. THAT'S what truely made them terrifying. As a fan of visual effects, I'm really hoping the movie will use traditional effects and bring those scary mofos to life.

Jake.Ashworth
01-15-2016, 02:03 PM
I heard about the re-illustrations. Fucking lame. I don't even remember the stories, but lord knows I will never forget the horror of those original drawings. THAT'S what truely made them terrifying. As a fan of visual effects, I'm really hoping the movie will use traditional effects and bring those scary mofos to life.

God... It makes me shake to think about those drawing realized on screen. This is honestly one of the few books I never even considered would make the screen. Im so excited about this its silly. I just hope it comes together. But honestly if anyone can give it the creepy factor it deserves its Del Toro. Plus there are two more books with just as good stories. This could become a trilogy...

NightOfTheLiving_Sam
03-13-2016, 04:23 AM
God... It makes me shake to think about those drawing realized on screen. This is honestly one of the few books I never even considered would make the screen. Im so excited about this its silly. I just hope it comes together. But honestly if anyone can give it the creepy factor it deserves its Del Toro. Plus there are two more books with just as good stories. This could become a trilogy...

Woah!! I'm so pumped about this!! ::smile::

I loved these books as a kid. I literally can't wait!!!!

Yes I agree Del Toro would be best for this. I've also heard rumored and I'm not sure if anyone is a fan of anime or not. He spoke awhile back how he'd like to direct Monster the anime series made into a TV series. I'm not sure if it's still in progress, if he dropped or what. I heard it awhile back. Monster is probably one of my favorite anime's of all time.

bats
05-16-2016, 02:18 AM
this is the first i am hearing of this and i really hope it is true. i don't think there is a horror fan who didn't read those books as a kid and i love Del toro. if this were to happen i would probably make embarrassing excited squealing sounds and then cry. ::devil::