PDA

View Full Version : I started a site about my favorite Horror books! What horror books do you recommend?

BestHorrorBooks
07-22-2015, 06:14 AM
Hello, as the title say:
I just made a website about my top favorite Horror Books. What horror books do you like and recommend? :)

http://besthorrorbooks.net/

maniak
09-12-2015, 08:21 AM
Good luck with the website! I've already read all 20 articles you posted :P
If I were to recommend you a book...well...as a matter of fact I have three recommendations...
(1) 'The Turn of the Screw' by Henry James - my all time favorite ghost story
(2) 'Misery' by Stephen King - there is an movie made after the book which is pretty good...James Caan and Kathy Bates
(3) 'The Painted Bird' by Jerzy Kosinski - one of the most powerful books I've ever read

TheBossInTheWall
09-12-2015, 09:39 AM
Two to add for you audio list. Joe Schreiber's Chasing the Dead is a great story and the audio version is very good too. The first three Felix Castor novels are audio and the guy who reads them does a fantastic job. The Devil You Know, Vicious Circle, and Dead Man's Boots. The series is a lot of fun.

Another suggestion/observation. Dean Koontz shouldn't be listed in any sort of best of list. :P

Also if you're going to link where to buy books I think it would be good if you'd link people to somewhere else besides amazon/website owned by amazon. Everybody knows it. And if its a small press book then link to the book's publisher.

DarthVader
09-13-2015, 02:50 PM
I read a book last week that is NOT a scary story....but it scared the hell out of me. It was "The Good Clean Dark: African American Near Death Experiences."

You talk about real life being scarier than fiction! Some of the people in that book went to hell and their experiences really scared me. I haven't been able to stop thinking about where I'm going to end up after I die. I don't want to be in hell, I tell you that.

Anything by Stephen King is what I would recommend for scary books. He never disappoints.

Pleasant Nightmares
09-14-2015, 07:12 PM
Anything by Stephen King is what I would recommend for scary books. He never disappoints.

I can definitely agree there. At least, so far. I can't say I've read everything he's ever written, but I've liked everything I've read so far. Under the Dome was great. Too bad they butchered it in the TV series. lol