PDA

View Full Version : Did you notice?

Freddy Krueger.
06-07-2004, 07:06 AM
Did you notice that in "Bride of Chucky" when they're showing the evidence room, there is a chainsaw (TCM), a hockey mask (Friday the 13th) and some say they noticed Freddy's glove and Micheal's mask. In "Predator 2" when the guy is in the ship and the view goes to all the skulls, you can see the skull of a Alien form the move "Alien" (along with the other sequels of that movie).

Vodstok
06-07-2004, 07:14 AM
I wont give you a hard time about Predator two, its OLD, but that is an awesome easter egg. :) thanks for bringing it up, I always loved that. Never saw BOC though.

Anyone notice the Matrix reference in Dog soldiers?

Where is spoonie?
There is no spoon....

HEHE.

Arioch
06-07-2004, 07:19 AM
Anyone notice the Matrix reference in Dog soldiers?

I always really enjoyed that little humorous addition....great movie...

kpropain
06-07-2004, 07:20 AM
Also in Evil Dead when they first go into the basement cellar, you will notice a poster of The Hills Have Eyes on the wall behind the workbench where bruce finds the shotgun.

Vodstok
06-07-2004, 07:21 AM
There was another veiled reference in it, but i cant remember right now what it was.....

AND....
In the new Dawn of the Dead, Ving Rhames has a little speech about the dead people that is verbatim from the original.

"Some kind of instinct. Memory, of what they used to do. This was an important place in their lives. "

Arioch
06-07-2004, 07:24 AM
in NOES one, nancy is watching evil dead i believe and sam raimi paid wes craven back by putting freddy's glove in the workshop in evil dead 2 if i remember correctly....it was on some horror movie special i have taped somewhere...."the american nightmare" or something corny like that...

kpropain
06-07-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Arioch
in NOES one, nancy is watching evil dead i believe and sam raimi paid wes craven back by putting freddy's glove in the workshop in evil dead 2 if i remember correctly....it was on some horror movie special i have taped somewhere...."the american nightmare" or something corny like that...

Arioch they also talk about it on the commentaries on one of the Evil Dead movies though I can't remembr which one, it's been a while since I've listenend to the commentaries on either one, but I remember them specifically talking about that.

Arioch
06-07-2004, 07:29 AM
Arioch they also talk about it on the commentaries on one of the Evil Dead movies though I can't remembr which one, it's been a while since I've listenend to the commentaries on either one, but I remember them specifically talking about that

Ya its a funny little tidbit of trivia isnt it...

Freddy Krueger.
06-07-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Arioch
in NOES one, nancy is watching evil dead i believe and sam raimi paid wes craven back by putting freddy's glove in the workshop in evil dead 2 if i remember correctly....it was on some horror movie special i have taped somewhere...."the american nightmare" or something corny like that... Really? Neat. Thats one good reason to watch the movie.

thEsounDofdirT
06-07-2004, 08:47 AM
in Jason Goes to Hell... the book that's in the house near the end... it's the original necronomicon from evil dead... sam raimi let them use it... that is pretty cool... and yea i noticed the alien skull in predator 2...

Freddy Krueger.
06-07-2004, 08:51 AM
At the end of Jason Goes to Hell, Freddy's glove comes out the ground and pulls his mask under.

thEsounDofdirT
06-07-2004, 08:52 AM
lol.. yea?

Freddy Krueger.
06-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Yep...

Did you know I like Predator a lot more then Alien? www.alienvspredator2.com

thEsounDofdirT
06-07-2004, 09:01 AM
i like both as movies... as creatures... i like predators more

Freddy Krueger.
06-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Predator's Rule.

kpropain
06-07-2004, 09:11 AM
I liked both Alien and Predator myself, however I liked Predator a little more though.

Vodstok
06-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Bah, heretics, the lot of you. The sheer ability to breed like acid-filled giant insect rabbits gives the Aliens a strategic lead. I love them.

Arioch
06-07-2004, 09:20 AM
Aliens own...plus, they hatch INSIDE you and BURST out of your chest....how cool is that....the predator....uh...cloaks:rolleyes:

thEsounDofdirT
06-07-2004, 09:21 AM
they're both really cool hunters... but IMO, predator is more equipped for self dependence and deadly force

Freddy Krueger.
06-07-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by thEsounDofdirT
they're both really cool hunters... but IMO, predator is more equipped for self dependence and deadly force Exactly.

The creature known as the Predator, or Yautja in its own language, is a humanoid creature standing approximately 2.5 meters tall. While the yautja's body may be humanoid in appearance, this cannot be said for its face. Having been described as having a face like a "mutated crab", the yautja possess a very distinct look. The most prominent feature of this look are four mandibles which protrude from and surround a smallish mouth filled with sharp teeth. These mandibles are used for communicating much like a cat uses its tail to communicate its mood. The yautja also have a verbal language of clicks and chirps and are capable of mimicking other verbal languages to a degree. On their head, the yautja have course bristly "hair" which is twisted into dreadlocks. An average yautja weighs between 250-350 lb., most of this being pure muscle. The yautja have very little body fat due to their predatory lifestyle and diet.

Skin color is generally a pasty yellow mottled with black spots. Eye color is green or yellow. The yautja are much stronger and faster than an average human. They possess lightning quick reflexes. Their blood is green with a phosphoresent quality which has properties that protect them against the caustic effects of their favorite prey's blood. As far as sensory perceptions, it is believed that they are similar to humans, however, it is a common practice for yautja to employ technology to heighten their senses.

Yautja reproduction is similar to humans although no female yautja have been encountered. It has been noted that an enraged female yautja would be a handful for a fully armed warrior yautja. This would imply that the female of the species may be even larger, stronger, and faster than the male.

As far as environment, it appears that the yautja prefer hot, humid conditions with an atmosphere rich in nitrogen.

Yautja society is based on the concept of The Hunt. Whereas humans on earth were agrarian, the yautja never settled down. Their culture revolves around the concept of hunting and stalking prey. Very similar to a pack mentality, the strongest and most efficient member of the group is the leader. This alpha male controls the actions of the group. So far, only males seem to participate in hunts. As a rite of passage into adulthood, each male yautja must hunt and kill his first kainde amedha, or "hard meat". These hard meats are commonly known to humans as aliens. Apparently the yautja and aliens have a connected evolution and the yautja consider them to be the ultimate prey. Yautja appear to value other predatory species as the most challenging targets. This would also explain their preference for hunting humans, another highly successful predatory species. The yautja are very fond of trophies, skulls being the most sought after.

The yautja warrior's behavior is controlled by a code of ethics. This code appears similar to human warriors codes such as bushido and chivalry in that it promoted bravery, martial skill, and loyalty to the pack. Most yautja will not hunt or attack a creature it considers "weak" or unthreatening. When the yautja encounter the females or young of their prey, they often spare them, considering it dishonorable to shed the blood of those who cannot defend themselves.

The rite of passage hunts are generally conducted on uninhabited planets. Before a hunt begins, the yautja "seed" the hunting grounds with alien eggs which are obtained from a captive queen. Once the eggs hatch and the alien brood mature, a group of unblooded warriors land on the planet, supervised by two or three veteran warriors. Equipped only with hand to hand weaponry and armor, the young yautja are sent out. Those who survive and claim a kill are then inducted into their clan as fully blooded warriors. As a side note, it is considered a great honor by the yautja to participate in the hunts which obtain the alien queen from which they obtain their supply of eggs. To obtain a live queen, the yautja hunting party must venture into an alien creche, succeed in defeating all the queen's warrior drones, and then subdue the queen herself. Needless to say, many of these parties never return. To understand the respect yautja hold for the lethality of the aliens, in at least one instance, the yautja have accepted a human into their hunting clan who has successfully slain an alien in single hand to hand combat.

Wristblades - The wristblades are the predator's basic weapon. They all carry one and from what is know if removed the subject dies. There looks to be some sort of molecular bonding between them and the user. It's an elegant weapon mostly used when the prey is less challenging or as a last resource.

Combistick - This elegant weapon is mostly used when facing several foes or tougher aliens. Like the wristblades it can be used while cloaked. It's especially good for middle range combat, at a three meters distance. The most commonly used strikes are:

- A sweeping strike to the head for crushing the skull or decapitating the victim, this is the best method against the Aliens.

- A direct strike to the victim's stomach. This is the cruelest method, maximising the pain and dying time.

- And finally the 270 degrees sweeping strike. This is better used when facing many foes. It's deadly and allows the predator to maintain a high mobility.

Speargun - This is the predator's sniper weapon. It fires small and extremely sharp metal pieces. It's a good weapon for long range sniping since the sharp projectile can reach extremely high velocities and linear trajectories. These characteristics also make it a piercing weapon. Culturally hunting with it is of little or no honour, being mostly used to reduce numbers and isolate the main prey.

Netgun - The netgun is a highly specialized weapon used for capture or as a sadistic way of hunting. It is believes that this weapon can be used in two modes. The first doesn't kill and is used for capturing the prey. And the second mode consists of involving the prey and squeezing it to the death by cutting him to pieces with its thin wires. This weapon is almost uselees when facing a large number of opponents.

Plasmacaster - This is the most efficient and versatile weapon of the predator's arsenal. It can be used on almost every occasions, it fires a plasma charge that has explosive properties. The charge is directed by a targeting system, which is able to make path correction after the charge is fired. It can be described as an assault weapon used on heavy confrontations while leaving the hands free.

Plasma Pistol - The plasma pistol is a more powerful version of the plasmacaster. It doesn't have a targeting system and is a hand held weapon. But in compensation it possesses a more powerful explosive potential which makes it a good choice for simultaneously killing clusters of enemies. It must be used with care because if the target is near the explosion could harm the carrier.

Disc - The disc is the other targeting device oriented weapon. It consists on a very sharp circular blade, and has the property that the owner can order it to go back to him after reaching the target. The upside of it is its extremely high piercing potential and the great downside is the slow firing rate.

Remote Bomb - A brute force weapon great for killing in masses. Its great explosion minimizes the problem of hitting the target, which for this weapon is quite hard. But still a great weapon, that is, if you aren't looking to collect 'intact' skulls.

Self-Destruct Device - When the battle is lost there is nothing more to do then the predator commits suicide by activating this termo-nuclear self-destruct device. Its effective range is measured in kilometres.

Freddy Krueger.
06-07-2004, 09:36 AM
As Aliens are noting more then ugly, big creatures. The Predator's intelligence is much higher then the Alien's. Although, Alien's do attack in number's, the Predator's quick reflexs and amazing intelligence will be too much for the Aliens.

thEsounDofdirT
06-07-2004, 09:39 AM
i dunno i think aliens are pretty smart.. just like predator... they both have different visions (as seen in the aliens vs. predator games)... aliens see pheramones and predators see different heat and infrared... now.. if there is more than one predator.. i think it'll be pretty insane... but i'm still thinking it'll be a really crazy battle

Freddy Krueger.
06-07-2004, 09:48 AM
There are many Predators. Just as many as Aliens.

thEsounDofdirT
06-07-2004, 09:50 AM
i know that.. but i'm talking about if there is more than one in alien vs. predator the movie...

Freddy Krueger.
06-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Oh, yeah. There is a good Trailer. I know where it's at, too.

jay o2 waster
06-07-2004, 03:18 PM
wierd

Freddy Krueger.
06-08-2004, 01:26 AM
Whats wierd? Oh, and if you want the Trailer to AvP, go to my site. HorrorSlash (freewebs.com/horrorslash)

Freddy Krueger.
06-08-2004, 02:31 AM
I

Freddy Krueger.
06-08-2004, 02:32 AM
In the show "Mama's Family" her house is the house used in NOES. Only they fixed up the windows so it to look differnt. Is this true?

thEsounDofdirT
06-08-2004, 02:33 AM
i've never seen that show.. when was it out

Freddy Krueger.
06-08-2004, 02:36 AM
I don't know. I've only seen it once. And it does look a LOT like Freddy's.

Arioch
06-08-2004, 03:53 AM
In the show "Mama's Family" her house is the house used in NOES. Only they fixed up the windows so it to look differnt. Is this true?

I fucking LOVED that show....i dont know if its the same house tho, that would be some insane shit....fucking great show tho...

Freddy Krueger.
06-18-2004, 07:51 AM
Did you notice that in "Hannibal" in the beginning the birds on the ground formed a picture of Lecters face if you can see if from above. I just now noticed. Lol.