PDA

View Full Version : Clive Barker

avenger00soul
10-16-2003, 12:32 PM
What Barker books have you guys read? My favorites are Cabal and The Thief of Always. I haven't read Imajica or Weaveworld. Any feedback on those two would be appreciated. Their size is very intimidating and I don't know if I have the time to read them. I'm wanting to hear something positive about them first before I give it a go.

Krzychu
10-19-2003, 01:22 PM
I am big fan of Clive Barker's books. I have read almost all stories of him. My favourite is Damnation Game, Imajica, Great Secret Show. To tell truth I love all his books. Each of his stories is awesome. Avenger! if you have not read Imajica or Weaveworld yet you must read them quick as soon as possible. I guarantee wonderful adventure of awesome Barker's worlds. Enjoy!

vera-icon
10-30-2003, 08:38 PM
i've always loved Barker's short stories, so The Books Of Blood have been a staple in my library since i was in high school. The Thief Of Always, The Hellbound Heart, Lord Of Illusions, Imajica. In my opinion; he is one of the best horror writers of all time, every book or story of his that i've read just pulled me in and i couldn't stop reading... some i had to read over and over.

dabruce16
10-30-2003, 08:49 PM
when i think of horror writers, i automatically think of clive barker. i put him so far ahead of king. i love clive barker. his books of blood books kick ass. i love thief of always. i am halfway done with weaveworld, great book. his movies aren't too shabby as well.

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-02-2003, 05:40 PM
Clive Barker is the SHIT...cant wait to see what happens with The Midnight Meat Train.

FangoFan
11-17-2003, 03:06 PM
I've read a lot of Barker books,

Books of Blood 1,2 &3
In The Flesh
Weaveworld
The Inhuman Condition
Coldheart Canyon
Galile
Sacrament
The Thief of Always
Cabal
The Hellbound Heart
Everville

but my apsolute favorate Barker book is The Great & Secret Show

mudsliptones
11-18-2003, 08:03 AM
I read some clive books when I was young, but there really hard to find here
can you recommend Coldheart Canyon?
tell me what it's about

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-20-2003, 06:50 AM
If you wanna know more about Coldheart Canyon check out this link:
http://www.curledup.com/coldhrt.htm

It has a review on the book...if you hadent read it Im afraid I will give away too much..I get a little excited about Clive Barker Books and tend to give away things.:rolleyes:

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-20-2003, 06:53 AM
I know this isnt a book..but has anyone seen A-Z Horror by Clive Barker? It was hosted by him I have yet to see it...:(

mudsliptones
11-20-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by SoUl SuRvIvOrS
If you wanna know more about Coldheart Canyon check out this link:
http://www.curledup.com/coldhrt.htm

It has a review on the book...if you hadent read it Im afraid I will give away too much..I get a little excited about Clive Barker Books and tend to give away things.:rolleyes:

I know this one!!!
I know where they sell it not to far from my home

oooooooooooooooow cool
lol
but first some other books to buy

moonsorrow
11-20-2003, 11:13 PM
iv only red the books of blood, and cabal...im reading gaille now though, an interesting book but so far it doesnt strike me as horror though... more of a fantasy book but still worht checking out.

coldwhisper
12-07-2003, 09:12 PM
I'm more of a Stephen King fan. But Clive Barker's books are cool too.

VampRocker
12-08-2003, 04:39 PM
The Books of Blood are great! That story about the devil being unburied or something like that, and him wrecking havoc, killing people and urinating all over a priests face...yeah...that stuck with me...

avenger00soul
12-08-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by VampRocker
The Books of Blood are great! That story about the devil being unburied or something like that, and him wrecking havoc, killing people and urinating all over a priests face...yeah...that stuck with me...

You mean Rawhead Rex. Too bad the movie wasn't that good.

VampRocker
12-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Ah, yes, "Rawhead Rex."

And yeah, the movie, it was...wow...I mean...wow...

rikki
12-11-2003, 11:22 AM
You guys rock! Everyone I know is in love w/Stephen King and when I mention Clive Barker they all go "who?" They don't know who he is until you start talking movies (not that there's anything wrong with that, but the books are WAY better). Fuckers. Anyway, this is awesome.

I think a big part of Clive Barker kicking ass is that he can tell such an AWESOME story and it doesn't have to be a million pages (I haven't read any of his bigger books yet, I'm getting there). Hellbound Heart was scarier than Hellraiser - I couldn't put the book down, I came back from lunch WAY late because I got lost in it. Truly awesome.

Egekrusher
12-29-2003, 11:28 AM
Two best books of his: The Great And Secret Show and Imajica.

Charlie
12-29-2003, 08:18 PM
has anyone read "ABARAT" I just started it and it seems ok.

evil_deadman
03-22-2004, 12:17 PM
I have only read "Books of Blood"vol 1.. which i own.. hard to find the others around here..unless i buy it online.. have also read "The Inuman Condition"(which i own). and "In the Flesh.".I've seen where these 2 and one more book are kind of referred to as "Books of Blood" vol 4,5 & 6..(Barnes and Noble probably.)..anyway.I'm going to read Cabal soon.Looks like an excellent read.also in my collection .."The Damnation Game".. and just got"Weaveworld" recently..but..looking for "Books of Blood" vol 2 or 3.. a must have..in my opinion..

AmarylandPsycho
03-22-2004, 11:23 PM
Fucking Right. No book I've ever read begins better then the books of blood. The Hellbound heart, Cabal and Imajica are excellent books. The Damnation Game is my favorite yet. So sweet.

zwoti
03-23-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by evil_deadman
I have only read "Books of Blood"vol 1.. which i own.. hard to find the others around here..unless i buy it online.. have also read "The Inuman Condition"(which i own). and "In the Flesh.".I've seen where these 2 and one more book are kind of referred to as "Books of Blood" vol 4,5 & 6..(Barnes and Noble probably.)..anyway.I'm going to read Cabal soon.Looks like an excellent read.also in my collection .."The Damnation Game".. and just got"Weaveworld" recently..but..looking for "Books of Blood" vol 2 or 3.. a must have..in my opinion..

You must let me know, i have all his books, most of them are signed and i have pdf or rtf copies of most of them. my favourite books are imajica and the books of the art (great and secret show & everville)