PDA

View Full Version : HDC: The Apocalypment

Pages : [1] 2

_____V_____
04-29-2011, 09:04 PM
It all began with the wedding of the millennium.

"My dear Urgeok,

I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am about this. You HAVE to come!"

Urgeok folded the piece of paper with a quiet smile, then looked at the invitation. He carefully checked the dates and picked up his Blackberry, checking his calendar.

Almost immediately, it started ringing.

"Yes, MissMacabre?"

"You got the invitation too?" MissMacabre's tone was unusually bright and chirpy.

"Yeah, I am holding it right now."

"Well, are you thinking of attending?"

"I might. Depends on if I am free at that moment."

"Hmm...if you decide to, then let's go together. Kentucky is a long way off, and I don't want to go alone."

"Of course. Rayne and Dude will be expecting us to be there. I am making some space in my calendar as we speak."

MissMacabre hung up and looked at The Return.

"He's going!"

"Postman!"

The call shook Ferretchucker out of his thoughts. He was wondering if he was as good as Doc Faustus to be able to publish his own horror novel someday.

He got up and went to the door. The postman handed him a big, red-colored invitation and asked him to sign for it. As soon as he was gone, Ferret opened it excitedly. He raced through the contents and grinned to himself.

He ran to his cellphone and started texting.

"Zwoti, you won't believe this!..."

Zwoti read the text and shook his head. Naive little kid, he thought, glancing at the invitation on his table.

"Darling, I am home!"

Spallalala looked out from the kitchen and smiled. Cheebacheeba walked in and sat down on the couch heavily.

"Long day?" Spa asked inquiringly.

Cheeba looked up. "Sure as hell it was," he mumbled then starting sifting through the mail.

Spa looked back from the dish she was preparing. "Anything interesting?"

"One." He was starting at the red-colored invitation in his hands.

In another part of the world, a huge trailer truck carrying several barrels marked "Hazardous Toxic Waste Chemicals! Radiation Warning! Stay Clear!" was about to overturn.

_____V_____
04-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Hello folks,

Welcome to the first ever HDC Apocalypment. Over the course of the next few weeks, we will see who amongst you has the necessary skills and equipment and TACTICS to survive the HDC Apocalypse (or doomsday).

First off, I will need THREE leaders, and I need each leader to nominate someone as his First In Command.

We tee off after that.

The storyline continues in-between.

ChronoGrl
04-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Sweet. Been looking to put this machete to good use...

ferretchucker
04-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Sweet. Been looking to put this machete to good use...

By which you mean giving it to me, so I can use it against you?

_____V_____
04-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Looks like we have found our first two leaders.

Who will be the third? Hmm, I wonder...

Sistinas666
04-30-2011, 11:57 AM
I nominate TheWickerFan.

cheebacheeba
04-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Fuck nomination.
I claim leadership.
US, UK, AU
Makes, some kinda sense.
Though I'd bring wickerfan on board as my second, she's around here enough to make it work.

TheWickerFan
04-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Fuck nomination.
I claim leadership.
US, UK, AU
Makes, some kinda sense.
Though I'd bring wickerfan on board as my second, she's around here enough to make it work.

If this involves creative writing skills, you will probably regret that decision.:(

cheebacheeba
04-30-2011, 01:53 PM
S'orright, I have no clue what's going on, even...maybe it's like online d&d...
Either way I'm here to fuck shit up.

TheWickerFan
04-30-2011, 02:01 PM

Okay.....:D

Rayne
04-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Wherever I end up, I want Straker close...I'm still processing that guy...I know that he's good on the field and in the hunt...But, I don't know if that's good or bad for ME...Could go either way...Get me?

Straker
04-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Wherever I end up, I want Straker close...I'm still processing that guy...I know that he's good on the field and in the hunt...But, I don't know if that's good or bad for ME...Could go either way...Get me?

Sounds like you should keep him on a short leash.... Wait, who are we talking about again?

Also, as a sidenote and not wanting to sound like a buzz kill, I think the leaders should be people who are willing and able to do the shit that needs to be done. If its anything like the BR event there was a fair bit of admin and I'm sure it was frustrating at times for the people who took the role of coordinating the teams throughout the event. Personally, I would've been lost without the efforts of certain people carrying my ass...

_____V_____
04-30-2011, 09:43 PM
If this involves creative writing skills, you will probably regret that decision.:(

Nope. None of that creative writing skills needed in this. You will need some SKILLS though.

Okay, till I hear otherwise from either Chrono and Ferret, Cheeba is the 3rd leader, with WickerFan as his deputy.

A bit like online d&d, Cheebs. But more like a survival game. You will love it. :)

No idea when and where you will pop up, my dear. I can only hope the survivors find you before you get turned. ;)

Also, as a sidenote and not wanting to sound like a buzz kill, I think the leaders should be people who are willing and able to do the shit that needs to be done. If its anything like the BR event there was a fair bit of admin and I'm sure it was frustrating at times for the people who took the role of coordinating the teams throughout the event. Personally, I would've been lost without the efforts of certain people carrying my ass...

Nope, it's totally different from Battle Royale. I know members must be apprehensive thinking it's just another variation of BR, but I can assure all of you that it's NOT anywhere near BR. It won't eat into your time, it will be exciting, and you all will love it.

We have one confirmed leader - Cheebacheeba, and WickerFan is his First In Command.

Can we have two more? Chrono, Ferret? Or anyone else?

Sistinas666
04-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Me.:D........

cheebacheeba
04-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Me.........
Hey cool, now, you should nominate me as your second, and the third leader should nominate you.
We can just, break the game.
See, that there's the lateral kind of thinking you're gonna be up against.
Mad logic, irrefutable.

Sistinas666
05-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I have no clue whats going on.

_____V_____
05-01-2011, 08:17 PM
As soon as I get confirmation of two more leaders, things will get more clear.

_____V_____
05-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Here are the rules -

- The 3 leaders start off. Their first stop is their 3 FICs (First In Commands), and they keep moving on till they come across other members for their groups.

- If a group meets a particular member who wishes to take on the Apocalypse by himself/herself, he/she is free to do so, and the group will move on.

- The choice of HDC members in the groups' paths is random. If they don't respond to the group leader's invite within 24 hours, they will be assumed as BIT (Bitten, Infected, Turned), and then that particular group leader will decide their fate.

- Throughout the times the groups move, they will come across malls, stores, homes, garages, airports, train stations, bus stops, motels, cafes, gas stops, etc. Depending on the places, several items will be available. The groups then have to decide if those items are important for their survival in the Apocalypse. They are free to choose or discard items accordingly.

- Each group member can carry a maximum of 15 items - 5 food items, 5 weapons, and 5 other assortments. In case they want more, they will either have to dump/barter one or more items which they are already carrying.

- Each necessary item will be locked. To unlock it, the group or a chosen member will have to answer a particular trivia question. Correct answer wins them that item. In case two or more groups answer in the right, the item/items will be distributed equally between them.

- Bonus items are found scattered throughout. They will carry FIVE questions.

- Special items can be found by particular members, and if unlocked with correct answers, will belong to that particular member ONLY. If that member dies, someone in his/her group can lay claim to that special item. First come, first get basis.

- Needless to say, the larger a group is, the more chances of survival they have. That doesn't mean that an individual member working alone cannot pull through. He/she will have a harder time, though.

- A solution to end the Apocalypse will be presented when the groups/ individual members have travelled through all the designated locations. They can then try their hand at it. If they are successful, the Apocalypment ends, and he/she/they will be the Winner(s).

That's basically the framework. Other things will keep coming in as we progress.

Now, I need two more leaders.

neverending
05-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Have all the players been chosen?

_____V_____
05-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Yes. It's basically all of HDC. :)

Fearonsarms
05-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Bookzombie will love this when she sees it

roshiq
05-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Great format, V!. Eagerly waiting to start the journey. :cool:

ferretchucker
05-02-2011, 02:28 AM
I accept the challenge, V!

ChronoGrl
05-02-2011, 02:36 AM
I nominate NE as my Leader. :P

I'll be traveling all this week; don't want to take on the role if I can't consistently log in.

_____V_____
05-02-2011, 02:43 AM
I accept the challenge, V!

Great. You are a leader then. Nominate someone as your FIC - First In Command, and contact them through PM. :)

I nominate NE as my Leader. :P

I'll be traveling all this week; don't want to take on the role if I can't consistently log in.

Awesome!

I hope he accepts. Your group's journey will start from his place, and his first HDC member stop will be at your place. :D

First group - Cheebacheeba (leader), WickerFan (FIC).

Second group - Ferretchucker (leader), (no FIC yet).

Third group - Neverending (leader), Chronogrl (FIC).

We tee off soon.

neverending
05-02-2011, 03:22 AM
Nooooo... I don't want to be leader, I'm sorry.

Didn't Sistinas volunteer to be a leader?

cheebacheeba
05-02-2011, 04:34 AM
*Slow clap*

_____V_____
05-02-2011, 08:12 AM

Yikes! :confused:

Sorry, Chrono, but you have to nominate someone else. :(

ChronoGrl
05-02-2011, 03:19 PM

Didn't Sistinas volunteer to be a leader?

Really?! Why?! I thought I was successfully lobbing this over the fence in the right direction... ;)

In that case I nominate Sistinas or WickerFan... I don't care that's she's an FIC because I don't know what that is. :p

Sorry - If I wasn't in Cali this week I'd be all over it.

neverending
05-02-2011, 03:21 PM
She's Cheeba's "First In Command."

Sistinas666
05-02-2011, 03:55 PM
So I go Crono's FIC?

neverending
05-02-2011, 04:00 PM
No- you're the leader- if you want the job.

Sistinas666
05-02-2011, 04:02 PM
I'd prefer Chrono to lead and I be FIC. As I am still a tad confused but very interested I'll let Chrono or V pick who leads.

ChronoGrl
05-02-2011, 05:38 PM
What about Rayne? I nominate Rayne.

(and thanks for the explanation of FIC :D)

Sistinas666
05-02-2011, 06:00 PM
What about Rayne? I nominate Rayne.

(and thanks for the explanation of FIC :D)

Whoever is nominated should be fairly active, no one wants to see the game stall. Rayne hasn't been all that active recently(not being rude, just making an observation). Maybe Bookzombie would be interested?

bwind22
05-02-2011, 08:54 PM
V - a few questions...

Are there going to be challenges? If so, how time consuming will they be? (For example, finding 10 specific screen grabs can take hours.)

Will survival in this game be contingent upon other people not sucking? (Still a little bitter about getting knocked out of the last BR through absolutely no fault of my own, so I just thought I'd check.) Or are our fates not tied to anyone else?

_____V_____
05-02-2011, 09:03 PM
V - a few questions...

Are there going to be challenges? If so, how time consuming will they be? (For example, finding 10 specific screen grabs can take hours.)

Nope, no challenges. Unless you count unlocking an item by answering one trivia question (based on the apocalypse) as a challenge. :p

Will survival in this game be contingent upon other people not sucking? (Still a little bitter about getting knocked out of the last BR through absolutely no fault of my own, so I just thought I'd check.) Or are our fates not tied to anyone else?

Again, nope. Your fate is your fate only. If you don't heed to the group's or group leader's call, they will immediately decide for you. No questions asked. :)

I d best explain this by an example -

Say, Neverending is leading a group of 7 HDC members. They come across Sistinas in their journey. Sistinas will then have 12 hours to decide if he wants to face the Apocalypse alone, or join NE's group. If he fails to report/decide, he will be assumed BIT and Neverending and his FIC will decide his fate - bullet to head, decapitation, chained in a basement, or just abandoned by the wayside.

Suppose in-between, a group member gets infected. NE and his FIC decide upon that too. If the group is facing peril and one of the members fails to respond to the group's call, they will be assumed BIT.

In short, no baggage. The leader and FIC will ensure that.

Sistinas666
05-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Teams vote on the demise of competitors?

missmacabre
05-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Alright I'm in if anyone wants me to do anything.

_____V_____
05-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Teams vote on the demise of competitors?

Absolutely.

Yay! Welcome aboard, MissM. :)

Sistinas666
05-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Absolutely.

I'm screwed, lol.:o

hammerfan
05-03-2011, 04:23 AM

Me too!!!!

Freak
05-03-2011, 06:02 AM
I'll be an alternate leader or FIC if needed. Or whatever may be needed of me.

_____V_____
05-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Welcome aboard, HF & Freak. :)

As we stand at the moment...

Second group - Ferretchucker (leader), (no FIC elected/nominated yet).

Third group - Rayne (leader), Chronogrl (FIC).

Chrono's nomination for Rayne to be leader of her group hasn't been confirmed by either Rayne or Chrono yet, so an impasse there.

Ferret hasn't contacted me with a suitable FIC for his group yet either.

A few other hands have been raised, Chrono & Ferret. See if you find a suitable HDC thespian to lead your packs.

Rayne
05-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Chrono's nomination for Rayne to be leader of her group hasn't been confirmed by either Rayne or Chrono yet, so an impasse there.

I can do it if it doesn't require login more than once a day, and if it isn't time-consuming...Spring is finally here...Busy, busy, busy :)

_____V_____
05-03-2011, 10:31 AM
I can do it if it doesn't require login more than once a day, and if it isn't time-consuming...Spring is finally here...Busy, busy, busy :)

You are the leader of Chrono's group, ma'am. Welcome aboard. :)

ferretchucker
05-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Sorry! Been very busy these past few days.

Thought about it a tad more and I think I'd be better suited to FIC, mainly just because I have a lot of exams coming in the next 4 weeks. I'd be happy for any of those who have shown interest to be a leader for me :)

missmacabre
05-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Sorry! Been very busy these past few days.

Thought about it a tad more and I think I'd be better suited to FIC, mainly just because I have a lot of exams coming in the next 4 weeks. I'd be happy for any of those who have shown interest to be a leader for me :)

Alright, i nominate myself as Ferret's leader :confused: Does that work?

ferretchucker
05-03-2011, 11:44 AM
I nominate MM (none of the other MMs are really around anymore, so I insist on calling you that now).

It works now :p

_____V_____
05-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Works like a charm! :)

Final standings...

Second group - MissMacabre (leader), Ferretchucker (FIC).

We start at Noon EST tomorrow.

Rayne
05-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Works like a charm! :)

Final standings...

Second group - MissMacabre (leader), Ferretchucker (FIC).

We start at Noon EST tomorrow.

Okay, can my group stumble upon Straker first?...Or...Do we 'bump into lone survivors' via PM?...I can already imagine an AMAZING storyline for this :cool:

_____V_____
05-03-2011, 08:27 PM
It's all randomised, although PMs DO play an important part in this.

You will just have to wait and see.

cheebacheeba
05-03-2011, 08:33 PM
I got no PMs.
Also, no PMS.

...:o

Dude Guadalupe
05-04-2011, 06:29 AM
I heard things were happening here, but if cheeba doesn't even have PMS maybe I heard wrong.......

:D

_____V_____
05-04-2011, 07:21 AM
The crowded airport terminal made Cheebacheeba annoyed.

Spa had just gotten off the phone, satisfied that he had landed safely. Now he felt a bit thirsty and nauseous, and looked at his watch impatiently again.

A female voice yelled his name from somewhere in front of him. She hurried forward through the thronged crowds, looking rather apologetic.

"Sorry! Sorry...sorry for being late," WickerFan smiled sheepishly.

MissMacabre dashed into the parking lot, hurriedly parked her car, and virtually ran in front of everybody to the airport. She was heaving and puffing when her cellphone rang.

"Where have you reached?" The Return sounded slightly exasperated.

"Just entering the airport," she said in-between taking deep breaths.

The Return heaved a deep sigh and shook his head, looking at the person in front of him grinning widely. "I was too excited," the boyish smile brightly spoke.

"Come back. Ferret took a taxi." The Return hung up.

MissMacabre suddenly became completely still and stared at her cellphone.

"In breaking news across the US, security analysts have quarantined whole areas of Arizona and Colorado in a desperate attempt to contain the deadly viral outbreak which is fast spreading through air. Citizens living in those states and neighboring areas are advised to use gas masks compulsorily, and to contact your nearest medical emergency centers if you experience any of the following symptoms..."

Chronogrl stared at the TV incredulously. What the fuck, were her starting thoughts as someone started pounding heavily on her door.

THUD! THUD! THUD!

_____V_____
05-04-2011, 08:30 AM
CHAPTER 1 - FIRST LANDING

Cheeba, you and WickerFan have stopped in front of a long row of empty cars who are blocking your path in an underground tunnel heading towards WickerFan's home. The skies have turned into a hue of green. WickerFan has passed out on her steering wheel. You are fighting big waves of dizziness and soon, your lights are knocked out.

When you come to, you look around. WickerFan is still out cold. You check your watch and realise with a start that you have been out for more than 24 hours. Taking your travelling bags filled with clothes and stuff and a gift for Rayne, and car equipment in Wicker's car into account, send me a PM detailing the TWO things from them you might need for your next move.

MissMacabre, you have passed out just outside the Airport terminal. When you come to, you find the whole place deserted and devoid of any activity. Confused and very alarmed, you walk hesitatingly back into the Airport. Finding the whole place totally empty, you start to hear huge alarm bells ringing in your head. You run back to your car and head back home. A quick check on your watch reveals that a whole day has passed without you knowing it.

On the way, you notice that the roads and shops are completely empty. The houses near your building are filled with a strange empty hollow noise, as if the wind is blowing through them. You feel the hairs on the back of your neck slowly rising, as if you are about to face some unknown danger. You slow down and think hard of all the things you carry in your car. Send me a PM listing any useful stuff you might have in your car, and which TWO things you would want with you immediately after stepping out of your car.

Rayne, you are out in the barn when you come back to your senses. You sense some sort of noises and movement coming from your house. Always on the edge for anything dangerous, you look around the barn for some sort of a weapon. Send me a PM about any sort of weapons you might find inside the barn. You are limited to only TWO of them.

All of you have 24 hours to send me your PMs.

horrorzack
05-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Great beginning! Can't wait until the next part and hope one of the groups will run across a survivor soon.

_____V_____
05-04-2011, 09:08 PM
FIRST UPDATE

TWO leaders have started their long and perilous journey of survival.

ONE has yet to start.

Less than 11 hours remain.

EDIT - All THREE leaders have started their journey, as of now. We now move to the first item of interest...

_____V_____
05-04-2011, 10:07 PM
http://www.ubergames.co.uk/images/detailed_images/UG163-garden-croquet-mallet-2.jpg

A croquet mallet.

PROs - Heavy, sturdy, makes quite an impact.

CONs - Needs swinging, made of wood with a slim handle, so prone to breaking.

Is it a useful item?

If yes, post "Aye" or "Yes". If no, post "Nope" or "No Way".

Majority rules. 5 votes either way decide it's future.

neverending
05-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Aye.........

missmacabre
05-04-2011, 11:20 PM
aye, I'm sure anything can be useful somehow.

cheebacheeba
05-05-2011, 12:32 AM
I don't yet know what we're up against.
and...I have a tyre iron.

So, Nope.

roshiq
05-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Aye...but can we all vote now for the item or it only reserved for the Groups leaders & FICs who just started their journey?

cheebacheeba
05-05-2011, 12:39 AM
You're in my group roshiq.
Permission to vote granted.

TheWickerFan
05-05-2011, 12:56 AM
No.............

cheebacheeba
05-05-2011, 01:13 AM
No.............

You heard my second, roshiq.
Permission revoked. :D

TheWickerFan
05-05-2011, 01:35 AM
You heard my second, roshiq.
Permission revoked. :D

Wait!! I meant no on the croquet mallet, not Roshiq.:eek:

Rayne
05-05-2011, 02:26 AM
HaHaHa

I want Roshiq...and...I called it first (you don't know whether I did or not :p)

I can think of many other items that I would prefer to a croquet mallet...So...No

TheWickerFan
05-05-2011, 04:11 AM
HaHaHa

I want Roshiq...and...I called it first (you don't know whether I did or not :p)

I can think of many other items that I would prefer to a croquet mallet...So...No

Without proof, you don't have a leg to stand on. Cheeba called it first.:p

hammerfan
05-05-2011, 04:27 AM
I'm enjoying this already, and we haven't even gotten to the good stuff! :D

Rayne
05-05-2011, 04:34 AM
Without proof, you don't have a leg to stand on. Cheeba called it first.:p

PSH...I have TWO legs...In very heavy, long black boots, with hard soles (and metal screws screwed into the bottoms of them)...So, I get Roshiq AND I also get Margie :D

hammerfan
05-05-2011, 04:35 AM
PSH...I have TWO legs...In very heavy, long black boots, with hard soles (and metal screws screwed into the bottoms of them)...So, I get Roshiq AND I also get Margie :D

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have gotten rid of those boots and the whip! :D

Rayne
05-05-2011, 04:36 AM
Damn, I knew I shouldn't have gotten rid of those boots and the whip! :D

HaHa...That's okay Dollbaby, I have extras of both *muah*

_____V_____
05-05-2011, 05:25 AM
aye, I'm sure anything can be useful somehow.

Good thinking, but careful on the item count. You only get 15 remember? Make sure they are 15 of the utmost importance. ;)

I don't yet know what we're up against.
and...I have a tyre iron.

Excellent reasoning. There are enemies ahead, and not all of them are non-human.

Aye...but can we all vote now for the item or it only reserved for the Groups leaders & FICs who just started their journey?

Items are open to voting for all. No normal items are reserved - some Special ones might be, but that's the road ahead.

Once an item meets the approval (of the majority, but of course!) it will be up for grabs. How? You ll have to wait and see.

3 "Aye"s, 3 "No"s.

We are sorta in the middle for the Croquet Mallet.

Let's see some more votes.

Straker
05-05-2011, 06:02 AM
Is it a useful item?

Yes.......

Dude Guadalupe
05-05-2011, 06:28 AM
Aye.......

_____V_____
05-05-2011, 06:40 AM
And so the Croquet Mallet hits 5 "Aye"s, so it's up for grabs.

Those who said "No" have the option of NOT going for it, which means NOT sending an answer to the unlocking question below...

UNLOCKER - Why was the planned sequel to 1975's "A Boy and His Dog" scrapped?

Send your PMs to me. You have 24 hours.

_____V_____
05-05-2011, 08:04 AM
And the first winner of the Croquet Mallet is...

STRAKER!

Congrats, buddy. You now own a nice, shiny, long Croquet Mallet. :)

Straker
05-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Sweet... just need some Zombies to test it out on now. :cool:

roshiq
05-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Though I've responded positively for this item but do I really need to 'grab' it ?:D

Btw, thanks ladies! That's very sweet of you!;)

_____V_____
05-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Haven't received your PM, Rosh. Sent it via email?

Deadline stands extended by 12 more hours, folks.

neverending
05-05-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm confused about how all this works... are only people who have been mentioned in the story allowed to answer or what?

Straker
05-05-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm confused about how all this works... are only people who have been mentioned in the story allowed to answer or what?

I think anyone who wants the item just needs to PM the correct answer. :cool:

_____V_____
05-05-2011, 08:52 PM
What Straker said.

Once an item gets approved, anybody who wishes to get it may send me the correct answer to the unlocking question.

_____V_____
05-06-2011, 04:58 AM
And the second winner of the Croquet Mallet is...

NEVERENDING!

Congrats, amigo. You are now the owner of a shiny and long Croquet Mallet. :)

roshiq
05-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Congrats, amigo. You are now the owner of a shiny and long Croquet Mallet. :)

We all now need some horses to play Polo in this deserted city. Score will be count by hitting the ball hard on the head of the zombies.:D

_____V_____
05-06-2011, 08:40 AM
And we have a THIRD winner of the Croquet Mallet...

ROSHIQ!

10 hours remain if you want the Mallet, folks. Then it's gone. Poof!

_____V_____
05-06-2011, 04:27 PM
We have two more winners of the Croquet Mallet...

BWIND22!!

and

FERRETCHUCKER!!

Congrats, you two.

A little bit more than 2 hours remain for the Mallet to go, folks. Then we move ahead.

_____V_____
05-07-2011, 04:16 AM

Cheeba, you have just completed pulling out the tire iron when you suddenly hear low growling.

http://www.666gamer.com/images/zombies.jpg

Zombies!

And some of them are clawing at WickerFan's closed window!

What do you do?

1. Fight off the zombies like a reel life movie hero,

2. Sneak up through the driver's side door, wake WickerFan up, and make a dash for it,

3. Fight off the nearest zombies and escape, while leaving WickerFan to her fate.

MissMacabre, you step out of your car and immediately see Ferretchucker pounding on your apartment's window high up on the 5th floor. He is yelling something indistinct, and you notice

http://thepantherpress.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/zombie1.jpg

ZOMBIES!

They have covered the entrance to your building completely, and some of them have turned around and noticed you.

What do you do?

1. Utter a high-pitched shriek, fight your way through the zombies to the 5th floor in a heroic attempt to rescue Ferretchucker,

2. Fight off the nearest zombies while motioning to Ferretchucker to break the glass of the window and move down by using something to hang onto,

3. Get back in your car in a hurry, and drive off.

Rayne, you tiptoe out of the barn and move into the house silently. A dim humming sound is coming from the big home across your lawn. You grab the keys to your car and dash across to Chrono's home. The front door is ajar. You peek in and and see with wide eyes...

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Science/images-2/zombies-2.jpg

ZOMBIES!

Just then, you hear a groan across the hall beyond the door which leads to Chrono's bedroom.

What do you do?

1. Pick a fight with all the zombies in the hallway, and try to rescue Chrono.

2. Try to sneak past the zombies, and enter Chrono's bedroom.

3. Turn around and tiptoe out, without alerting the zombies.

All of you have 24 hours to send me your ONE choice through PMs.

cheebacheeba
05-07-2011, 05:18 AM
:D ok then
1. Fight off the zombies like a reel life movie hero,

TheWickerFan
05-07-2011, 05:48 AM
:D ok then

My knight in shining armor.:D

ferretchucker
05-07-2011, 07:29 AM
If you screw me over, MissM, I swear I will infect the shit out of you!

roshiq
05-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Take your decision carefully everyone, this is a real life scenario and this will be tricky, think twice before going to make any heroic attempt!

cheebacheeba
05-07-2011, 07:40 PM
*Level Up!*

_____V_____
05-08-2011, 08:33 PM

Cheeba's choice -

1. Fight off the zombies like a reel life movie hero.

Cheeba lifts up his tire iron and yells a loud war cry, before jumping straight towards the bunch of zombies and starts swinging left and right. Limbs and heads fly around, blood is spattered on the road and on the walls behind the melee. Cheeba doesn't stop. All this continues for exactly 10 seconds before...

SCRUNCH!

WickerFan wakes up groggily, shaking her head slowly. She sees outside her window and shrieks.

MissMacabre's choice -

2. Fight off the nearest zombies while motioning to Ferretchucker to break the glass of the window and move down by using something to hang onto.

MissM slowly picks up the spare tire iron she had put beside her, and gets out. The nearest zombies drag themselves towards her, and she motions frantically to Ferret to break the window and move out. Ferret stops moving and nods his head, then disappears inside the apartment. MissM swings at the first zombies who have their arms stretched out towards her, and they come down with heavy thuds. Just then, the window of her apartment breaks with a loud shattering noise and Ferret throws down a long makeshift rope made of some blankets tied together. All the ruckus diverts the attention of the other zombies, and MissM sneaks forward, hitting away the occasional zombie trying to grab at her. Ferret quickly climbs down while zombies start gathering below his rope. MissM hits most of them in the head while Ferret jumps down.

"Run towards my car!" MissM yells.

Both of them sprint across, MissM swinging at the occasional zombie coming towards them. Both of them dash into the car, and MissM swiftly locks it from the inside, starts the car and they drive off with a roar.

Rayne's choice -

2. Try to sneak past the zombies, and enter Chrono's bedroom.

Rayne notices that the hallway would be very narrow, so she turns around quietly. She looks at the bedroom from the outside, then runs around behind the house. She notices an open window there, and peeks inside. The door is closed from the inside, but Chrono is lying on the floor, moaning slowly. Rayne calls out her name in a whisper. Chrono doesn't respond. Rayne looks around and notices the garbage can. She dumps the garbage and turns it upside down, and sets it right below the window. She climbs into the bedroom and picks Chrono up, shaking her.

"I...must have hit...my head...," Chrono starts to reply.

"Shhh!" Rayne whispers fiercely. "Don't try to talk. Just get out with me now."

Rayne helps Chrono to her feet and moves with her towards the window. Just then there is a patter of some feet and a pounding on the door. Both of them tremble and freeze for a moment, watching the door with an alarm. Satisfied that the door didn't open, they quickly move out through the window.

"What now?" Chrono asks once they are outside.

Rayne smiles.

bwind22
05-09-2011, 09:20 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/bwind22/croquet.jpg

roshiq
05-09-2011, 09:42 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/bwind22/croquet.jpg

lmao :d

_____V_____
05-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Very soon you will be playing croquet with zombie heads! :D

_____V_____
05-10-2011, 05:26 AM
The next part will include new characters, specially the ones who have won the Mallet.

Ergo it is important that we have our SECOND item of interest...

http://rentoid.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/radio.jpg

A portable transistor radio.

PROs - Helps for information, can be used to transmit signals especially SOS.

CONs - Needs batteries to work, sudden cackling noise can attract unwanted attention.

Is it a useful item?

Majority rules. 5 votes either way decide it's future.

Straker
05-10-2011, 05:32 AM
Aye....

Just for clarification, if we vote 'yes' for an item are we obligated to answer the question or can we still pass on it if we want?

_____V_____
05-10-2011, 05:34 AM
You can pass. No obligation whatsoever.

neverending
05-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Yes.......

roshiq
05-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Nope. Not interested.

horrorzack
05-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Aye! Stupid 10 charachters now i have to type more.

missmacabre
05-10-2011, 11:29 AM
no thank you

bwind22
05-11-2011, 06:08 AM
yes.......

_____V_____
05-11-2011, 07:08 AM
So far, 4 in favor and 2 against. This is an interesting little gizmo, I must admit.

Keep 'er rolling, folks...

horrorzack
05-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Hey V will the survivors "find" someone next chapter? I want to see who will be chosen for the new guy. Or do you just randomly choose someone?

Rayne
05-20-2011, 05:27 AM
OMG Avi, I hope you have the rest of this saved somewhere

neverending
05-20-2011, 06:15 AM
So all the server errors last night ate some of the story....

ferretchucker
05-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Those BASTARDS. Damn. All those photos! :(

_____V_____
05-20-2011, 09:44 AM
R E - C A P

The Transistor Radio was passed, and the Unlocker question was answered correctly by - Horrorzack, Bwind22, Neverending, and Straker.

SCENARIO 1 - Cheeba was pulled to safety by a rampaging Bwind22 and his Croquet Mallet delivering crushing deaths to many of the zombies sorrounding Cheeba and Wickerfan. Dumping Cheeba in the backseat of Wicker's car, Bwind roared off with them.

SCENARIO 2 - Ferret noticed someone come running straight into the path of MissMacabre's car and yelled at her to watch out. MissM noticed the figure a wee bit late and swerved hard to avoid crashing. The car crashed and was smashed beyond repair. Both Ferret and MissM were pulled out by the figure, who was revealed to be Straker. When Ferret screamed at him for his apparently senseless run, Straker apologetically indicated towards the side street, where a bunch of zombies moved towards them three.

SCENARIO 3 - Rayne's 4x4 truck wouldn't start despite numerous attempts, and Chronogrl started getting nervous from all the ruckus the engine was creating. Rayne wanted to wait for her family, but Chrono reminded her of their precarious situation - zombies everywhere around and inside their houses! Rayne reluctantly agreed and decided to check on Seri first (her daughter), and both women moved out of the garage. A large van stopped in front of both women just then, and the driver, Roshiq, offered them a lift.

We then moved to the THIRD item of interest...

http://www.delica.ca/forum/download/file.php?id=2923

A Gas Can.

PROs - Used for carrying gas, empty Can could be used as a weapon.

CONs - One hole and it becomes useless, filled Can can be heavy to heave around.

5 "Aye"s or "Yes" send it to the Unlocker, 5 "No"s and it is dumped on the side.

So far Neverending and MissMacabre have replied "Yes", so that's TWO in favor.

Let's continue...

neverending
05-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Yes...............................

Dude Guadalupe
05-20-2011, 10:44 AM
yes.....again

Rayne
05-20-2011, 12:42 PM
WOW, now posts are going to the wrong threads...AWESOME [/sarcasm]

roshiq
05-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Nope!

So all the server errors last night ate some of the story....

That's really bit horrifying...Server Horrors!:confused:

Straker
05-20-2011, 05:11 PM
The Transistor Radio was passed, and the Unlocker question was answered correctly by - Horrorzack, Bwind22 and Neverending.

And me... I want my radio!

Also, 'Yes' to the gas can.

bwind22
05-20-2011, 05:59 PM
gas can? oh hell yes.

by the way, how many items can we carry? did you say 15 or was that the entire group?

cheebacheeba
05-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Yep, I'll take a gas can.

_____V_____
05-20-2011, 09:03 PM
And me... I want my radio!

Oops, my bad, Duly added, my friend. :)

by the way, how many items can we carry? did you say 15 or was that the entire group?

15 per member - 5 food items, 5 weapons and 5 other assortments.

The Gas Can has hit SIX "Aye"s so let's head straight for the Unlocker...

_____V_____
05-20-2011, 09:08 PM
All of you DO have the option of NOT going for it, which means NOT sending an answer to the unlocking question below...

...if you don't want the Gas Can, that is.

UNLOCKER - What is the connection between bombardier Kermit Beahan (the one who dropped the atomic bomb on Nagasaki) and the 1983 TV film "The Day After"?

Send your PMs to me. You have 24 hours.

cheebacheeba
05-20-2011, 09:10 PM
I like this item. I'd like my two of my team to have one.
I will not get the item myself, as the load should be exchangeable to reduce fatigue if/when the cans become full.

Assuming Fuel is accessible...
*Fuel any vehicles we come across for a while.
*Quick Fire, either for warmth (don't want to take to long lighting something) *Molotovs or as a large incendiary to clear/effect a wider area.

Not to mention the can can also be used both offensively and defensively.
An empty gas can would still have a lot of heft to it, and would be lighter.
Could be a workable "shield" of sorts, and could also assist in battering opponents and/or environmental obstructions.

V - Can you give us a team inventory update?
Thanks.

_____V_____
05-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Sure thing.

But first, our FIRST WINNERS of the Gas Can are -

Bwind22 and Neverending!

So far...

Team A

Cheebacheeba - Gas mask, Tire iron.
Wickerfan - None.
Bwind22 - Croquet Mallet, Transistor Radio, Gas Can.

Team B

MissMacabre - Tire iron, First Aid Kit.
Ferretchucker - Croquet Mallet.
Straker - Croquet Mallet, Transistor Radio.

Team C

Rayne - Pitchfork, Sickle.
Chronogrl - None.
Roshiq - Croquet Mallet.

In addition, Neverending has a Croquet Mallet, Transistor Radio and a Gas Can, while Horrorzack has a Transistor Radio. They haven't been introduced into the storyline yet.

ChronoGrl
05-21-2011, 06:44 AM
OK - Sorry, SORRY I've been AWOL.

I was traveling and then came back and wound up in the hospital...

But Rayne, Roshiq, I'M BACK. And WOW I have an awesome Team - sorry I haven't been around.

V - Sorry to be a pain - Can you send a link to the page that says what I need to do? Do I just go around grabbing stuff or is there limits and rules?

_____V_____
05-21-2011, 06:48 AM
http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57712&page=2

Scroll down.

Right now, you just go around grabbing stuff. Rayne is doing just fine as your leader atm.

ChronoGrl
05-21-2011, 07:36 AM
Well, that's not too surprising, that Rayne is a smartie. ;)

Lady - Tell me what you need me to do.

_____V_____
05-21-2011, 08:45 AM
And we have THREE more WINNERS of the Gas Can...

Straker, Ferretchucker and TheWickerFan!

Congrats, people.

ferretchucker
05-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Things are about to get Tooooaaaasty.

ChronoGrl
05-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I wasn't paying attention to the deadline, sorry Guys. I'll have to make judgements on my own instead of waiting for Rayne (if that's OK with you, Hun).

V - So the anxiety here is that there aren't any rules around "dropping" stuff that you may not need.... I assume that you can drop stuff later?

_____V_____
05-21-2011, 08:39 PM
You can decide for yourself if you want a particular item or not, Chrono.

And yes, you can drop/barter/exchange stuff later, only when you have all 15 items with you for your journey.

ChronoGrl
05-22-2011, 05:52 AM
Oh, Durr, well, I'll keep that in mind and not hesitate next time. :o

Thanks, V!

_____V_____
05-23-2011, 08:37 PM
CHAPTER ONE - FIRST LANDING

Cheeba, all 3 of you are headed out of the city in Wickerfan's car which Bwind is driving. Your route consists of a sports club, a pawn shop, and a bar. Assuming that TWO of them have been overridden by zombies, which ONE place would you want to check out before you go out of the city?

MissMacabre, zombies are headed straight for you three and your car is smashed. There is no visible help coming from any direction.

Assuming that you were driving towards Return's house, do you make a dash for it? Do you prefer to stay and fight off the zombies? Or do you want to head into the nearest shelter (a building or a house) and bolt yourselves in?

Rayne, as soon as you approach Seri's home you notice that zombies roam freely all around it. Part of you wants to flee but you have to see if your family is still there. You have three choices for an entrance - the front door, the back door or climb in through the roof. Where would you want to go through?

Send your PMs to me. Your choices form the next part of your scenarios.

bwind22
05-23-2011, 08:49 PM
What's a sports club?

_____V_____
05-23-2011, 08:58 PM
A place where you can play sports. Smaller and medium sized ones usually house a gymnasium, golf practice rinks, tennis courts, and indoor stuff like carrom, chess, etc. Larger ones have full blown golf courses, bigger gymnasiums, basketball courts, baseball practice rinks, etc.

cheebacheeba
05-24-2011, 02:04 AM
If food/drink comes into this scenario, I'll vote the bar.
If food/drink is irrelevant, then it'll be the pawn shop for me.
I'm open to hear from my team though?

bwind22
05-24-2011, 07:56 PM
I've never heard of a sports club and after reading the description, I don't think we have anything like that around here. I don't think we'd find much useful there though.

Bar might have some food and booze, but a pawn shop would usually have guns, ammo, generators, flashlights plus various things that could be used for weaponry (shovels, pruning shears, etc..) Once we are armed, we can just take food and drink from other groups of survivors that are less equipped.

I say pawn shop for sure.

ferretchucker
05-25-2011, 02:50 AM
Sports clubs can be useful. Lots of sports equipment useful for fighting off hoards with - golf clubs, tennis rackets, hockey sticks etc. But you're right, the pawn shop with have the most in it...

roshiq
05-25-2011, 02:52 AM
Where's Rayne??!!

Back door will be fine I guess.

ChronoGrl
05-25-2011, 03:52 AM
Yeah, I just wouldn't want to go in through the roof - It's a good way for one of us to get hurt.

_____V_____
05-25-2011, 05:02 AM
On that note, the FOURTH item of interest -

http://www.smokersworld.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/tobacco1.jpg

Tobacco.

PROs - Smoke it, chew it, snuff it, (some) medicinal value.

CONs - Addictive, no utility, cause of diseases.

You know the drill.

cheebacheeba
05-25-2011, 05:36 AM
I'll say yes, in the event there's a trade element in the game.

roshiq
05-25-2011, 07:13 AM
Yes!
.................................. :D

bwind22
05-25-2011, 07:36 AM
Oh yes, for sure. I ain't going through the apocalypse without any smokes.

Rayne
05-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Where's Rayne??!!

Send your PMs to me.
@Roshiq...I had already sent the PM...I had already chosen the back door

Dude Guadalupe
05-25-2011, 08:29 AM
I had already chosen the back door

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110206215233/bakugan/images/f/f3/Troll.png lol

ferretchucker
05-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Yes. Might need a makeshift fuse...

missmacabre
05-25-2011, 12:04 PM
yes, good for trading.

roshiq
05-25-2011, 12:08 PM
@Roshiq...I had already sent the PM...I had already chosen the back door

Oops! Sorry dear! :o

horrorzack
05-25-2011, 01:01 PM
no. I hate any type of nicotine.

cheebacheeba
05-25-2011, 04:05 PM
We currently have no food and drink bwind, so my vote goes with the bar as does wickers - who also pointed it out that there may also be weapons there too. At very least, bottles for the molotovs which we may make down the road.

horrorzack
05-25-2011, 06:00 PM
We currently have no food and drink bwind, so my vote goes with the bar as does wickers - who also pointed it out that there may also be weapons there too. At very least, bottles for the molotovs which we may make down the road. and sometimes bar owners have rifles behind the counter.

_____V_____
05-25-2011, 08:51 PM
And we hit 5!

UNLOCKER - According to "28 Days Later", if you actually did travel 27 miles North East of Manchester, where would you end up reaching?

neverending
05-25-2011, 08:58 PM

Whoops- forgot to send it in PM... lol....

_____V_____
05-26-2011, 05:10 AM
And the first TWO winners of the Tobacco Pack are...

NEVERENDING!!

and

ROSHIQ!!

Congrats.

bwind22
05-26-2011, 08:17 AM
We currently have no food and drink bwind, so my vote goes with the bar as does wickers - who also pointed it out that there may also be weapons there too. At very least, bottles for the molotovs which we may make down the road.

One of you two is gonna need to drive after that then because I'm doing shots when we get there.

TheWickerFan
05-26-2011, 08:33 AM
One of you two is gonna need to drive after that then because I'm doing shots when we get there.

That's okay, I'm a tee-totaler. I'll drive.:D

_____V_____
05-26-2011, 09:12 AM
TWO more winners of the Tobacco Pack are...

STRAKER!!

and

BWIND22!!

Hearty congrats. Enjoy the smokes and the chewing.

_____V_____
05-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Deadline stands extended by 12 more hours. Come and get your Tobacco packs, people!

Rayne
05-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Deadline stands extended by 12 more hours. Come and get your Tobacco packs, people!

I have no use for tobacco products...Yucky :p

neverending
05-27-2011, 09:18 PM
You don't think trading will be useful?

_____V_____
05-28-2011, 05:55 AM
The LAST winner of the Tobacco Pack is...

THE WICKERFAN!!

Congrats.

_____V_____
06-02-2011, 09:27 PM
We will continue with the storyline shortly. Till then let's have another item of interest...

The FIFTH one -

http://www.antibioticsandalcohol.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/antibiotics-and-alcohol-drugs.jpg

Antibiotics.

PROs - Medicinal.

CONs - Overdose can be fatal.

Let's have it.

cheebacheeba
06-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Not for me thanks.

neverending
06-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Yes............

Straker
06-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Yes........

Dude Guadalupe
06-03-2011, 06:06 AM
yes.......

bwind22
06-03-2011, 07:43 AM
yes............

roshiq
06-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Oy Yes! I can trade it for more tobacco later...:D

_____V_____
06-03-2011, 11:34 AM
And so the Antibiotics hit 5 Ayes.

UNLOCKER - According to Romero's "Land of the Dead", how much wage did a union zombie make, for a minimum of 8 hours?

Y'all have 24 hours.

ferretchucker
06-03-2011, 02:54 PM
REALLY wish I knew the answer to this...

_____V_____
06-03-2011, 08:28 PM
And our FIRST WINNERS of the Antibiotics are...

NEVERENDING,

THEWICKERFAN,

HORRORZACK,

STRAKER, and

BWIND22!!

Congrats, folks.

_____V_____
06-04-2011, 08:47 AM
CHAPTER ONE - FIRST LANDING

"Where are we headed?" a slightly dizzy Cheebacheeba wonders.

"Out of the city," Bwind replies, peeking into the rearview mirror. "The whole place is swarming with these mindless...fuckers."

"Zombies. They are zombies," WickerFan whispers.

"Wh-What?!" Bwind looks at Wicker sharply.

"You know, like in the movies and stuff. Don't you see zombies in the movies?"

Bwind shrugs. "These don't seem like zombies. They are...different."

"In what way?"

"Well, for starters, they don't make a beeline for your f..." Bwind doesn't get to finish the line.

"STOP!!!" Cheeba yells from behind, and Bwind hits the brakes hard.

The car comes to a shuddering stop, almost careening to its left side. Wicker holds her head, while Bwind turns around angrily at Cheeba.

Cheeba nods towards his right. Bwind looks outside.

"Are you nuts?!" he explodes.

Wickerfan follows Bwind's gaze. "I think he has a point," she says silently, staring at the sign which says, in bold letters,

HORRORZACK'S BAR AND GRILL - OPEN 24 HOURS

MissMacabre looks around. Most of the buildings look empty, except one which has a faint light shining from one of it's upper storey windows.

"Come on! Over there," she yells at Ferret and Straker.

Ferret and Straker pick up MissM and break into a quick trot towards the building which MissM had indicated. Soon, they reach the door.

"It's shut!" Ferret exclaims desperately.

"Not only shut, but a lot of stuff has been blocked on the other side. This door is as good as closed," Straker groans, clutching his mallet tightly.

"Damn!" MissM spits in disgust. All three turn around.

The zombies slowly move towards the trio, a strange guttural noise coming from them.

"We have to stand and fight," Straker's mouth turns grim.

"HEY! MOVE TO THE BACK!" a voice shouts from above.

All three turn to look up. A face disappears back from the window it was looking at them from.

"You heard him! Move!" Straker screams. All three turn to the right and run towards the back of the building.

"OVER HERE!" the voice cries out from above. They look above them to see a window on the first floor slide open. "HURRY!"

MissM looks to her left and notices a pipe extending to the scaffold of the first floor. "Up that pipe," her voice is filled with urgency.

"We better hurry!" Straker yells as Ferret grabs the pipe to climb up. Zombies have followed them and are almost at arm's length. MissM quickly darts at the pipe right behind Ferret, and Straker nudges at MissM's heels as a zombie reaches towards him.

The mallet comes down heavily on the leading zombie and it's head splits wide open. It falls backwards on the other zombies in front and their slow progress is somewhat nullified for some brief moments. The mallet's handle breaks off though, and the top piece falls heavily on the side. Straker picks it up and is up the pipe in a flash. The zombies stay on the ground, buzzing and pulling at the pipe.

MissM and the figure pull Straker in, as Ferret dusts his clothes. All three look at the person in front.

"That was close," his voice is deep and gruff. "My home is upstairs. All entry points into this building have been sealed off by me. Come on up."

"I recognise your voice," Ferret exclaims. "I heard you on an online radio station once!"

"Must have been my own Internet Radio station, kid. I am Neverending," the stranger says with a sardonic smile.

"Your mallet has broken," Straker hands him the hammer piece rather apologetically.

Neverending feels the edge of the broken stem. "On the contrary, this is now a more useful weapon than before," he says quietly.

"Where did you come from?" Chrono inquires.

"I was in the city, working at the warehouse," Roshiq remembers. "Something happened...I don't remember...all I know is I was knocked out. When I came to, the whole warehouse was empty. I looked around and saw some people coming towards me, walking rather slowly and with a real shuffle. Their mannerisms made me suspicious, and one look into their eyes confirmed that they were not going to be friendly. I ran all the way to where the trucks were, picked one which had the keys in it, and drove off."

"Damn zombies," Rayne grits her teeth.

"Are they?" Roshiq feels surprised. "I thought they were conked in the head or something."

"They certainly are," Rayne nods. "I hope my family is safe at Seri's."

Soon, they arrive at Seri's home but all three gulp in unison at the scene before them.

Zombies roam freely all around the house!

Some of them notice the van pulling up and start walking towards it.

"Geez Rayne, forget your rescue attempt and let's get out of here!" Chrono whispers fiercely.

"My mind says the same, Chrono," Rayne replies grimly, "but I have to check and see if anyone is inside. They might be trapped or bolted themselves in, waiting for help. I HAVE to check."

"Count the front door out," Roshiq observes. "By the time you go in they will be all over you."

"I have an idea. Both of you wait here and lock yourselves inside the van," Rayne says quietly and moves towards the back.

"What are you doing?!" Chrono exclaims.

"Trust me on this," Rayne opens the doors on the back of the van and jumps out. "Lock these!"

Chrono moves swiftly and closes the doors. She moves back to the front and both she and Roshiq watch Rayne intently.

The zombies, suddenly aware of Rayne's presence, slowly amble towards her. Rayne waits for a moment, then dashes towards the back of Seri's home. She grabs at the backdoor and tugs hard at the knob. It's closed! She puts her weight on the door and tugs hard again.

Some zombies slowly shuffle towards her.

Rayne remembers something and looks up. The doorpost above cannot hide the glint of something metallic placed above it. Rayne reaches for it and pulls it down. Her eyes shine brightly at the object.

A set of keys!

She quickly pulls one of them out and places it inside the keyhole. Swiftly unlocking the door, she runs inside and locks it back again. She heaves a huge sigh of relief, silently thanking Seri in her mind. She turns around and takes a step forward.

"Boy! Am I glad to see you, darling!" a shadow moves towards her.

"Dude!" Rayne screams happily and runs into his arms.

(To Be Continued...)

horrorzack
06-04-2011, 10:27 AM
HORRORZACK'S BAR AND GRILL - OPEN 24 HOURS
We also serve Red Rum :cool:

ferretchucker
06-04-2011, 11:36 AM
The crazy old man will betray us all!!!

_____V_____
06-04-2011, 08:32 PM
And the LAST THREE WINNERS of the Antibiotics are...

RAYNE,

ROSHIQ, and

FERRETCHUCKER!!

Congrats, folks.

We now move to another item of interest...

_____V_____
06-04-2011, 08:37 PM
The SIXTH item of interest is...

http://echinab2b.com/wp-content/uploads/led-flashlight.jpg

The Flashlight.

PROs - Expels darkness, can be used as a temporary weapon.

CONs - Needs batteries, bulb can blow, sometimes stops working if dropped.

Let's see them.

neverending
06-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Well, things are getting interesting now!

horrorzack
06-04-2011, 09:26 PM
yes. Even if the bulb blows a few shards of glass can hit a zombie.

cheebacheeba
06-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Yep. I want.

roshiq
06-05-2011, 01:54 AM
Yes.........

Straker
06-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Yes.........

bwind22
06-05-2011, 08:32 AM
yes........

_____V_____
06-05-2011, 11:05 AM
We hit 5 Gongs for the Flashlight so here's the Unlocker...

UNLOCKER - Which famous film's scene was the sequence of Glen Bateman speaking to the cockroach in The Stand based on?

24 hours.

_____V_____
06-05-2011, 09:02 PM
The first SIX Winners of the Flashlight are -

THEWICKERFAN,

CHRONOGRL,

RAYNE,

HORRORZACK,

NEVERENDING, and

BWIND22!

Congrats, folks.

_____V_____
06-06-2011, 05:47 AM
The latest winner of the Flashlight is...

ROSHIQ!

Congrats, bud.

About 5 hours and 15 minutes remain. Come and get your flashlights!

_____V_____
06-08-2011, 10:35 PM
And the last winner of the Flashlight is...

STRAKER!!

Congrats, buddy.

_____V_____
06-08-2011, 10:42 PM
The SEVENTH item of interest is...

http://blog.craftzine.com/custom_beer_bottles.jpg

Beer.

PROs - Enjoyable timepass, empty bottles can be useful.

CONs - Makes you pee a lot, you might pass out at critical times.

Same drill.

neverending
06-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Yes.......

Straker
06-09-2011, 07:50 AM
Yes.......

roshiq
06-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Not interested.

horrorzack
06-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Sure throw it in.

bwind22
06-09-2011, 11:45 AM
oh absolutely.

ChronoGrl
06-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Suuuuuuuuuuuuure... Maybe I could use it for bartering...

Rayne
06-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Suuuuuuuuuuuuure... Maybe I could use it for bartering...

Good thinking...We don't want to be getting drunk...Gotta keep a clear head (plus - I hate beer :p).....And, I will probably end up carrying you with that leg of yours

_____V_____
06-10-2011, 04:39 AM
Want your beers, then?

UNLOCKER - What does astronaut Col. George Taylor see at the end of "Planet of the Apes", which literally breaks his spirit?

Come and get it. You have 24 hours.

_____V_____
06-11-2011, 06:12 AM
The first FIVE winners of the beer 12-packs are -

Neverending,

Ferretchucker,

Horrorzack,

TheWickerFan, and

Bwind22!

Congrats, guys. Enjoy your beer.

Deadline stands extended by 12 more hours.

Someone contact newb. ;)

bwind22
06-11-2011, 07:32 AM
I've got so much inventory, I'm losing track. :P

horrorzack
06-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Good thinking...We don't want to be getting drunk...Gotta keep a clear head (plus - I hate beer :p).....And, I will probably end up carrying you with that leg of yours I hate ANY kind of drug (except caffeine and the medicinal type) I would just use it as a weapon. Even a heroin syringe would come in handy just stab a zombie a few times with it.

horrorzack
06-12-2011, 10:51 PM
anyone else notice what the beer was called? Daddy's Dark Ale.

_____V_____
06-16-2011, 08:56 PM
The last winner of the 12-pack is -

Chronogrl!

Congrats.

SCENARIO 1 - Cheeba, You hear a loud crash from inside Horrorzack's bar and decide it would be better for one of you to stay with the car, while the other two went in to scout and look around - one person has to check behind the bar counter and the room ahead of it, while the other will go to check out the back. Who shall it be?

SCENARIO 2 - MissMacabre, Neverending's apartment is two floors up. The floor you are in has 2 apartments facing each other across a small hall, and the stairs lead to the next floor with the same floor map. Scratching noises can be heard from the rooms in front and back and in the floor above. Each one of you needs to check out an apartment. Who shall go into which one?

SCENARIO 3 - Rayne, zombies have completely sorrounded Roshiq's van, and Roshiq and Chronogrl are trapped inside. Dude and you are outside, looking around for some weapons to fight them off but none are in immediate sight. Your farm weapons have been left inside the van. Add to it, the van has suddenly developed starting trouble. How will you combine with the other three for an effective plan to escape without being bitten?

Please send your PMs to me.

ferretchucker
06-17-2011, 12:47 AM
If this kills me, I am SOOO coming back to haunt you, MissM!

bwind22
06-17-2011, 12:10 PM
SCENARIO 1 - Cheeba, You hear a loud crash from inside Horrorzack's bar and decide it would be better for one of you to stay with the car, while the other two went in to scout and look around - one person has to check behind the bar counter and the room ahead of it, while the other will go to check out the back. Who shall it be?

I'm pretty well supplied with weapons and inventory. Me and croquet mallet aren't afraid to check the bar or the backroom.

cheebacheeba
06-17-2011, 09:59 PM
All good man.
Keep it together, you take the lead I'll proceed around the building to the back.
Wicker can stand by. Keep the car idling.

roshiq
06-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Has Rayne gave any answer yet?

Just as an opinion I think Rayne & Dude doesn't need to take the risk. As there's enough weapon inside the van, so we can come outside & use them to easily fight with the zombies out.

ChronoGrl
06-18-2011, 05:38 AM
Has Rayne gave any answer yet?

Just as an opinion I think Rayne & Dude doesn't need to take the risk. As there's enough weapon inside the van, so we can come outside & use them to easily fight with the zombies out.

I'll be fine; I'll just use Roshiq as a human shield. ;)

roshiq
06-18-2011, 07:07 AM
But as a "shield" you are more suitable for anyone here.:D

Oh Khoda, Kitna Kaminey nikle ei aaurat!...means you can't trust anyone these days.;)

_____V_____
06-18-2011, 08:01 AM
Ahem...is that the exact translation, Rosh? *nudge, nudge* ;)

Received PM from Rayne.

Cheeba has replied.

No response from MissM so far.

roshiq
06-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Ahem...is that the exact translation, Rosh? *nudge, nudge* ;)

(Sssshhh)...Yup, word by word!:)

_____V_____
06-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Yet to receive a PM from MissMacabre.

Can someone from her team contact her or send in the PM?

neverending
06-21-2011, 09:17 PM
I sent her a message on FB several days ago reminding her she's a team leader over at HDC, and she has never replied... just lots of posts about all the movies & TV shows she's watching.

cheebacheeba
06-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Perhaps if it's been 24 hours, a players second in command should have the choice to make the call in their stead?
Yknow, to move the game on and all.

TheWickerFan
06-22-2011, 01:37 AM
Perhaps if it's been 24 hours, a players second in command should have the choice to make the call in their stead?

Seconded....

horrorzack
06-22-2011, 04:00 AM
Yknow, to move the game on and all. Agreed....

Straker
06-22-2011, 06:38 AM
I sent a PM to V with instructions for our team.

I don't really want to be one of the team leaders or anything like that, but I am gonna start sending PM's to V for our teams turns when I see the thread updates...

ferretchucker
06-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Sounds fair to me, Straker. Would you be able to send me and Neverending copies of the decisions you make? ;)

_____V_____
06-22-2011, 09:44 AM

Resolution passed.

If a team leader/ FIC is not online for the first 24 hours for a particular scenario, any member of that group can come forward and assume pole position for their group and send me their PM, as well as a copy of that PM to the group's leader and FIC. I will announce the unavailability of the team leader/FIC as soon as the first 24 hours are up.

It will particularly be useful in the future when individual items will be up for grabs through group challenges - winners will win that item for their group, losers will NOT get THAT item. There will be no time bounds, of course.

I have received Straker's PM. Expect an update within the next 24 hours.

roshiq
06-22-2011, 09:45 AM

That's a fair option but then how a team member(s) would get bitten? You know...just trying to provide a 'twist' in the contest!:D

_____V_____
06-22-2011, 09:49 AM
That's a fair option but then how a team member(s) would get bitten? You know...just trying to provide a 'twist' in the contest!:D

Oh, there are plenty of bites up ahead, trust me.

It all begins with THIS scenario. :cool:

Rayne
06-23-2011, 12:07 PM
This is the exit between our house, Dustin's hotel, and the Mall

This happened this morning...It's PERFECT for the Apocalypment!

http://www.wlwt.com/2011/0623/28336157_640X480.jpg

http://www.wlwt.com/r/28335914/detail.html

hammerfan
06-23-2011, 12:23 PM
This is the exit between our house, Dustin's hotel, and the Mall

This happened this morning...It's PERFECT for the Apocalypment!

http://www.wlwt.com/2011/0623/28336157_640X480.jpg

http://www.wlwt.com/r/28335914/detail.html

Hey, they stole that from PA! :p

ferretchucker
06-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Really hope some school buses went past that sign. :D

_____V_____
06-26-2011, 12:10 AM

I'm pretty well supplied with weapons and inventory. Me and croquet mallet aren't afraid to check the bar or the backroom.

All good man.
Keep it together, you take the lead I'll proceed around the building to the back.
Wicker can stand by. Keep the car idling.

Bwind - Finds water bottles, food items.

Cheeba - Finds Horrorzack hiding inside the bathroom.

WickerFan - Surprised by a zombie. SCRUNCH!!

Cheeba, WickerFan has been bitten. You have 24 hours to find a possible antidote before she turns. Your options - all 3 stay and search for the antidote in Horrorzack's bar, or all of you move ahead to find a drug store, or kill/leave WickerFan and move on.

SCENARIO 2 - MissMacabre, Neverending's apartment is two floors up. The floor you are in has 2 apartments facing each other across a small hall, and the stairs lead to the next floor with the same floor map. Scratching noises can be heard from the rooms in front and back and in the floor above. Each one of you needs to check out an apartment. Who shall go into which one?

Hey,

I've decided to just send you some directions for our team... if its against the rules or you want to wait on our teams assigned leaders thats cool, just thought I would try and get the game moving again...

Downstairs Left: Straker
Downstairs Right: Neverending
Upstairs Left: Ferret
Upstairs Right: MissM

Straker. :cool:

Straker - Room with boarded up door. Won't budge. A high pitched squeak from behind sounds like a frightened rat.

Neverending - Door broken in. All rooms empty, except for the curtains which are brushing across some chairs, hence the slightly scraping noises. Checking the fridge and the drawers of tables for supplies.

Ferret - Full weight on door breaks it. Nothing in the first few rooms. High-pitched cry of a baby from the back. Found a healthy baby inside a baby carriage in one of the back rooms. Rest of the apartment empty.

MissMacabre - Breaking in. Surprised by a zombie. SCRUNCH!!

Ferret, your team leader has been bitten. She has 24 hours before she turns. Your options - search for a possible antidote in the building, or all of you move out to look for a possible drug store, or kill/leave MissM and move on.

SCENARIO 3 - Rayne, zombies have completely sorrounded Roshiq's van, and Roshiq and Chronogrl are trapped inside. Dude and you are outside, looking around for some weapons to fight them off but none are in immediate sight. Your farm weapons have been left inside the van. Add to it, the van has suddenly developed starting trouble. How will you combine with the other three for an effective plan to escape without being bitten?

Dustin and I will jump up and down, yelling to make the zombies come to us...I motion to Chrono and Roshiq to head for Seri's front door when the zombies are away from the vehicle...We lure the zombies to the back door (they are the slow kind, right?), then we go in the back door and barricade it...I turn on Seri's music to keep the zombies interested, then we grab Chrono and Roshiq and head back out the front door that is still clear because the zombies are trying to get into the back...If we leave the van, we grab all of our supplies first (including my pitchfork and sickle).

Dude Guadalupe - Providing distraction along with Rayne, then run inside the back door of Seri's house and lock himself in together with Rayne.

Rayne - Providing distraction along with Dude, and motioning to Chrono and Roshiq to run to Seri's front door. Herself run inside the back door with Dude to bolt themselves in while putting on the music.

Roshiq - Noticing the zombies move towards Dude and Rayne, then whispering to Chrono to make a break for the front door of Seri's house, then running and jumping inside.

Chrono - Following Roshiq to the front door, but surprised by a zombie which sneaks up from behind. SCRUNCH!!

Rayne, Chronogrl has been bitten. She has 24 hours before she turns. Your options - look for a possible antidote in Seri's house, or make a break for the garage to Seri's car and dash out, or kill/leave Chrono and move on.

Send your PMs to me.

_____V_____
06-26-2011, 12:17 AM
The EIGHTH item of interest is...

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gawker/2010/09/razor.jpg

A Razor.

PROs - Handy weapon, easy to carry, more than useful tool.

CONs - Very sharp and can cut deep if mishandled, useless if broken.

Let's see them.

cheebacheeba
06-26-2011, 01:41 AM

ferretchucker
06-26-2011, 02:30 AM
Yesss! I'll mail you ASAP.

neverending
06-26-2011, 06:55 AM
Yes................

roshiq
06-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Aye-Aye, Razor!

Oh, Chrono...I told you, a "shield" you can be more useful:D Don't worry, we are hopefully going to find some antidotes for you and also for ourselves...who knows...who's next?!:confused:

ChronoGrl
06-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Ohhhhhh, crap. And even worse... Rishiq was right! :p

Where was I bitten? And can I try to cut it off?

Rayne: For the record U won't be offended if you kill or leave me... Number 1 cause of zombie infiltration: Human sympathy.

Straker
06-26-2011, 08:06 AM
Yes.........

bwind22
06-26-2011, 08:32 AM
yes on the razor.

i say we leave wicker here to look at the bar while the rest of us go look at the drug store. if we find it we come back for her.

horrorzack
06-26-2011, 09:46 AM
yes for the razor and we should stick with bwind's plan

TheWickerFan
06-26-2011, 09:57 AM
I like the sounds of Bwind's plan too. I don't know how fast I'm gonna turn.:cool:

Rayne
06-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Seri is smart...She wasn't home, but her car is still there...That would mean that Kyle (Seri's boyfriend) would have gone to her house to get her, and she would have left with him (My guess would be that they went to Kyle's, because he has a 45 acre farm about 20 miles from Seri's, OR they would have headed to the mall if they didn't think they could make it all the way to Kyle's, or if he didn't think he had enough supplies at his house)...If Seri HAD any antidote, she would have taken it with her...Her car is a little Hyundai Elantra (I still can't believe she gave up the Jeep Cherokee for that, we REALLY could have used it NOW), it's small but I know it runs AND I have a set of keys for it...Seri gave them to me in case she locked hers in the car...We take Seri's car.

As for Chrono, I'm going to make sure that there's no way she can be saved before we make a decision...If we leave her behind, she could be a problem later on, so if we can't save her, she will have to be killed as soon as she starts to turn, because:

Number 1 cause of zombie infiltration: Human sympathy..

And

Where was I bitten? And can I try to cut it off?

Didn't turn out very well for this guy :( :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/BloodRayne/DayDead.png

But, I would be willing to try anything to save her :)

Rayne
06-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Actually...Maybe Kyle picked up Seri so that Seri could protect HIM...lol

Kyle is the guy on the right:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/BloodRayne/Kyle.png

Remember about 6 years ago when Seri was here and we were in our 'war' with Bane?...Seri said she was an archer...This picture was taken yesterday:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/BloodRayne/SteampunkSeriArcher.png
Her tattoo is Ouroboros of the Homunculi

Seri and Kyle
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/BloodRayne/SeriKylebw.png

Seri and Tyler
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/BloodRayne/SeriTyler.png
The gas mask guy is Tyler (Shane's brother)

Yes, I know these pictures aren't really relevant...They were taken yesterday at the Renfest (Heavy Steampunk theme) and I wanted to share them :p

_____V_____
06-27-2011, 08:24 PM
7 Ayes for the razor, so it's up for grabs.

UNLOCKER - During the filming of "The Road", why was Viggo Mortensen thrown out of a shop in Pittsburg?

You have 24 hours to send in your PMs.

The Scenario PMs are in. Expect an update on that in 24 hours as well.

cheebacheeba
06-28-2011, 07:32 AM
and, that'll do me I think. Bit busy.
Enjoy the game, guys.
;)

TheWickerFan
06-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Enjoy the game, guys.
;)

It's no problem.:) Bwind might find himself in charge though, as I've been bitten.:eek:

_____V_____
06-28-2011, 10:08 AM
yes for the razor and we should stick with bwind's plan

Cheeba is your group leader, and what he decides will be the outcome for the next step. My question was directed to him.

I like the sounds of Bwind's plan too. I don't know how fast I'm gonna turn.:cool:

24 game hours. It's plenty of time.

You are the FIC of your group, Wicker. You might need to take some decisions too (maybe even some hard ones), and pass them as suggestions to Cheeba through PMs.

Enjoy the game, guys.
;)

You sure? The Apocalypment is just about warming up to get really interesting. With the group leader gone and the FIC bitten, your group might get scattered.

cheebacheeba
06-28-2011, 10:26 AM
You sure? The Apocalypment is just about warming up to get really interesting. With the group leader gone and the FIC bitten, your group might get scattered.

Yep, I'm sure.
Thanks for stepping in there V but really there's no concern on my part.
So yeah whoever wants to throw their hat into the ring out of the existing folks for group leader is fine to do that, I have no preference as such.

_____V_____
06-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Hmm...okay, mate. It's your call and I respect it.

The FIRST FOUR winners of the razors are -

RAYNE,

NEVERENDING,

HORRORZACK, and

STRAKER.

Congrats, people!

bwind22
06-28-2011, 03:10 PM
I will assume the leadership role on our team.

bwind22
06-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Cheeba,WickerFan has been bitten. You have 24 hours to find a possible antidote before she turns. Your options - all 3 stay and search for the antidote in Horrorzack's bar, or all of you move ahead to find a drug store, or kill/leave WickerFan and move on.

HZack & I will leave Wicker behind to search the bar for an antidote while we go ahead to the drug store. If we find it in time, we will return for her. We will make sure to leave her 24 hours of provisions.

_____V_____
06-29-2011, 06:14 PM
And the LAST winners of the razors are -

FERRETCHUCKER, and

BWIND22!!

Congrats.

SCENARIO 1 - Cheeba, WickerFan has been bitten. You have 24 hours to find a possible antidote before she turns. Your options - all 3 stay and search for the antidote in Horrorzack's bar, or all of you move ahead to find a drug store, or kill/leave WickerFan and move on.

HZack & I will leave Wicker behind to search the bar for an antidote while we go ahead to the drug store. If we find it in time, we will return for her. We will make sure to leave her 24 hours of provisions.

SCENARIO 2 - Ferret, your team leader has been bitten. She has 24 hours before she turns. Your options - search for a possible antidote in the building, or all of you move out to look for a possible drug store, or kill/leave MissM and move on.

Sadly, it is not worth splitting up the group to search for a drug store for an absent leader. There is also such a small chance of finding an antidote - we need to focus our efforts elsewhere. Upon deliberation we the team, we've decided.

Kill MissMacabre and regroup

Make it dignified.

As for the baby...I shall name it Bishop.

SCENARIO 3 - Rayne, Chronogrl has been bitten. She has 24 hours before she turns. Your options - look for a possible antidote in Seri's house, or make a break for the garage to Seri's car and dash out, or kill/leave Chrono and move on.

From my house to the mall takes about 5 minutes if you drive...And I graduated from that high school in between my house and the mall...It has a huge gymnasium and cafeteria...It also has a nurse's station with first aid stuff...Might be useful.

hammerfan
06-30-2011, 07:53 AM
Dayum, ferret! Poor MissM!

neverending
06-30-2011, 09:35 AM
She abandoned the game and ignored all attempts to communicate with her.

hammerfan
06-30-2011, 09:40 AM
I know, I was trying to be funny.....FAIL! Guess I should have used this: :D

horrorzack
06-30-2011, 11:23 AM
I think my new pic sums up everything ferret was thinking when he decided to kill her.

bwind22
06-30-2011, 07:47 PM
I feel like I missed something. Are we supposed to be doing anything right now?

_____V_____
06-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Outcome of the Scenarios and a new Item of Interest within the next 24 hours.

TheWickerFan
07-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Outcome of the Scenarios and a new Item of Interest within the next 24 hours.

http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/0511-0703-0714-5952_Annoyed_and_Impatient_Businesswoman_Looking_a t_Her_Watch_clipart_image.jpg