PDA

View Full Version : Christmas: The Horrible Insects, Spiders, etc.

crabapple
12-25-2009, 07:27 AM
Horrible creatures seek to bite you on Christmas!

Around the holiday season the bugs outside smell the food and they want to come inside and eat and be warm. The ants were crawling around in my bed and I was smashing them whenever I discovered one! When I thought I had all this taken care of, I saw out of the corner of my eye that something was crawling on my pillow. It was a spider--a huge spider!

I didn't want to smash it because I like spiders--but what was I to do? I didn't want to get out of bed because it was really cold. I didn't want to walk across the cold room to throw the thing out the front door. Looking around I saw a paper cup that would work. I put the spider in the cup and placed a piece of paper over the top. Then I fell asleep and forgot about it.

In the morning I was getting dressed and suddenly noticed the paper cup. "Oh, wow! Time to let Spidery out." So I threw him out the front door and he landed softly on the grass downstairs.

cheebacheeba
12-25-2009, 07:43 AM
**Wonders what you guys call a huge spider**
You may like this.
Personally I quite enjoy it when a spider pays a visit...I mean the really "bad" one's we've got here tend to live outside, usually what wanders in is a Huntsman which is a relative of the bird eating spider & tarantula, their bite can hurt but they are usually not that aggressive - I own a 7 legged one.

We get s golden coloured beetle this time of year, called here the "Christmas beetle" on account of it's arrival time I suppose, bit like a stag beetle but smaller. Usually with the hot weather we have around now...they're a bit stupid/blind and fly into stuff a lot.
http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/images/Plants_Forestry/Forestry-Pests-ChristBeetle-500.jpg
They get pretty large and if one of the bigger ones flies into you it feels like having a rock thrown at you.
My cats wait at the doors for these guys to breach.

Roaches though, they piss me off...breed breed breed, get into your stuff, leave their eggs and shit everywhere...the only creature thus far to make a willing mass murderer out of me. Full-scale eradication starts soon.

bloody_ribcut
12-25-2009, 10:08 AM
i smashed a christmas black widow with a box cutter the other day after i sprayed him with raid of course.