PDA

View Full Version : The Omen ( I am Confused ! Help please ! )

Rick
02-18-2004, 12:44 AM
I dont know if anyone could settle a disscussion I am having with a freind concerning ' The Omen ' ?

My friend thinks that the character played by Patrick Troughton, the priest, Father Brennan was the original anti christ because of the 666 birthmark on his thigh, he decided to not take up the position and was responsable for bringing Damien into the world to ' take over ' .

I always thought that he was simply originaly a disciple of the devil palming off Damien onto Gregory Peck before being plaugued with guilt , and trying to fix the mess he had caused while being ravaged by cancer caused by forces unseen.......

I know its a bit heavy for first thing in the morning but I need some advice from people who really think they know what was going on !

Help please !

Vodstok
02-18-2004, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Rick
I dont know if anyone could settle a disscussion I am having with a freind concerning ' The Omen ' ?

My friend thinks that the character played by Patrick Troughton, the priest, Father Brennan was the original anti christ because of the 666 birthmark on his thigh, he decided to not take up the position and was responsable for bringing Damien into the world to ' take over ' .

I always thought that he was simply originaly a disciple of the devil palming off Damien onto Gregory Peck before being plaugued with guilt , and trying to fix the mess he had caused while being ravaged by cancer caused by forces unseen.......

I know its a bit heavy for first thing in the morning but I need some advice from people who really think they know what was going on !

Help please !

In my opinion, you are right-on. The prophecy of the antichrist said that he would be born into the world of polititcs. He was just fulfilling his duty to the devil. A fat lot of good that did him.

sleepaway
02-19-2004, 02:25 AM
I saw Patrick Troughton at a garden centre once if that's any help?

Looks like I need to go watch The Omen again.

Rick
02-19-2004, 02:27 AM
It is a help actually as I guess it kinda lessens the chance of him being the devil.......unless satan has a thing for connifers?

sleepaway
02-19-2004, 02:31 AM
It is a help actually as I guess it kinda lessens the chance of him being the devil.......unless satan has a thing for connifers?

I do think connifers have good minion qualities though.

Have you got that Omen Trilogy thing on DVD? I have, although I was pissed that it didn't include part 4 as it is in the set in America.

Rick
02-19-2004, 02:34 AM
I do.... Im kinda upset about the lack of part four - but in many ways I prefer to think of the Omen as just 1-3. Have you seen the ' Dead Trilogy ' boxset ?

sleepaway
02-19-2004, 02:40 AM
I do.... Im kinda upset about the lack of part four - but in many ways I prefer to think of the Omen as just 1-3. Have you seen the ' Dead Trilogy ' boxset ?

I remember watching Omen 4 years ago and thinking it wasn't too shoddy for a TV Movie.

I actually used to have an original Omen badge from when it was playing theatrically! So wished I'd kept that but I didn't really know what it was as I was so young!

I have seen The Dead Trilogy boxset but have them alls eperately so no need to get it.

There's a thread here somewhere for boxsets if you haven't already seen it. We were all trying to list them all. I think we've actually got more here than in America which makes a change.