PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Tim Burton Film

Psychoholic
02-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Thought this might be good for a poll since there's a few TB fans here.

Rotting Eye
02-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Man, that's tough. I went with Nightmare Before Christmas though. I really liked that movie, although many of his others are great, too.

He's remaking Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :D Johnny Depp is going to play Willy Wonka heh.

Arioch
02-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Beetlejuice owns all other TB movies.

otis
02-16-2004, 06:08 PM
TB is the man. I love all his movies. His batmans are the only good ones. I went with Nightmare before Chirstmas.

hellfire1
02-16-2004, 06:08 PM
tough one... it's between batman returns and beetlejuice... aww shucks... how 'bout both ! :D

BudMan
02-16-2004, 06:10 PM
hmmmm.... tough choice.I'm going with Ed Wood on this one.

Sam The Egg
02-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Big Fish

bloodygurl02
02-16-2004, 06:18 PM
i love most of those up there it was really hard for me to pick but i really like edward scissor hands

orangestar
02-16-2004, 07:10 PM
I voted Edward Scissorhands, but Sleep Hollow is a very close second.

I love any Tim Burton Movie with Johnny Depp, so I cant wait for Willy Wonka to come out!

bloodygurl02
02-16-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by orangestar
I voted Edward Scissorhands, but Sleep Hollow is a very close second.

I love any Tim Burton Movie with Johnny Depp, so I cant wait for Willy Wonka to come out!

i am aslo looking forward to but its gonnab ecalled charlie and the chocolate factory just as the book the title, not willy wonka. i can only imagine how it will look considering how tim burtons otehr movies r

otis
02-16-2004, 07:16 PM
I don't understand. So the first willy wonka is based of a book. Who is charlie?

bloodygurl02
02-16-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by otis
I don't understand. So the first willy wonka is based of a book. Who is charlie?

charlie is the main charecter that gets the factory in the book

Sam The Egg
02-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Christopher Walken would make a great Willy Wonka

*Girl takes the gum that'll turn her into a blueberry*

Walken: No...wait...stop...

otis
02-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Oh yea...... That movie scarred the shit out of me when i was little. Fucking Umba Lumpas..

bloodygurl02
02-16-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
Christopher Walken would make a great Willy Wonka

*Girl takes the gum that'll turn her into a blueberry*

Walken: No...wait...stop...

i could c him as wonka but depp got the part of wonka as far i know from waht i read on www.movies.com

otis
02-16-2004, 07:22 PM
walken could be the kid's grandfather, I could see that.

bloodygurl02
02-16-2004, 07:23 PM
walken could be the kid's grandfather, I could see that.

that could b kool to

Sam The Egg
02-16-2004, 07:24 PM
Nah, man, the Grandpa has to be Jack Warden

bloodygurl02
02-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Nah, man, the Grandpa has to be Jack Warden

who should play slugworht i think thats the name of the guy that wants to get an everlasting gob stopper

otis
02-16-2004, 07:27 PM
Nice..... I can see that.

otis
02-16-2004, 07:28 PM
is that the fat kid? If so the guy off of Blow, Butterfly Effect, Remember the Titans, guy.

bloodygurl02
02-16-2004, 07:30 PM
is that the fat kid? If so the guy off of Blow, Butterfly Effect, Remember the Titans, guy.

no the fact kid didn't even make it through the movie. slugworth is the guy that talks to the kids after they get the ticket . hes secretive

Sam The Egg
02-16-2004, 07:38 PM
Slugworth could be Ian McKellen or Guy Pearce

bloodygurl02
02-16-2004, 07:40 PM
Slugworth could be Ian McKellen or Guy Pearce

i can see Ian in that role.

Rotting Eye
02-16-2004, 07:57 PM
Marilyn Manson was going to play Willy Wonka at first.. Then it went to Johnny instead.

Charlie should be played by that kid that played Damien. Too bad he's all grown up now. Wonka should be Jack Nicholson heh.. He's creepy enough. Grandpa could be Christopher Walken, and Slugworth could be hmm.. That's a tough one.

bloodygurl02
02-16-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Rotting Eye
Marilyn Manson was going to play Willy Wonka at first.. Then it went to Johnny instead.

Charlie should be played by that kid that played Damien. Too bad he's all grown up now. Wonka should be Jack Nicholson heh.. He's creepy enough. Grandpa could be Christopher Walken, and Slugworth could be hmm.. That's a tough one.

waht about the spoiled girl who should play her?? and the girl that becomes a blue berry

Rotting Eye
02-16-2004, 08:03 PM
Aren't they the same girl?

I can't remember, it's been a long time since I've seen the movie.

But I dunno... There aren't too many young female actresses I can think of.

Well, Lindsey Lohan just came on TV, so I'll say her. heh.

bloodygurl02
02-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Aren't they the same girl?

I can't remember, it's been a long time since I've seen the movie.

But I dunno... There aren't too many young female actresses I can think of.

Well, Lindsey Lohan just came on TV, so I'll say her. heh.

no the blueberry girl was the gum adict and the spoiled one was like i want this and that and a golden goose and wanted the ompa lumpa

otis
02-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Winoa Ryder or that one girl, um........ Christina Ricci or something

Rotting Eye
OOOHHHHH Yeah, I remember now.

But I still don't know who should play her. All the young actresses are no good.

Rotting Eye
Winoa Ryder or that one girl, um........ Christina Ricci or something

Nah, they're too old. Need young people for the role.

bloodygurl02
02-16-2004, 08:10 PM
Nah, they're too old. Need young people for the role.

yeah mayb some unknow kids like the girl that played samara in the ring as one of the girls. as long its not hillary duff or lindsay lohan

otis
02-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by bloodygurl02
yeah mayb some unknow kids like the girl that played samara in the ring as one of the girls. as long its not hillary duff or lindsay lohan I don't think Tim would cast them. How is big fish? I heard it was kinda femine, well not femine, um..... romantic.

Psychoholic
02-16-2004, 11:50 PM
I'm a bit dubious about charlie and the chocolate factory, I didn't think much of what he did with planet of the apes, and i'm a big fan of the original willy wonka film.

sleepaway
02-17-2004, 12:08 AM
Pee Wee all the way!!!

sleepaway
02-17-2004, 12:27 AM
I think all the kids in the new Wonka movie should be played by unknowns.

Although it would be fun to see the girl from The Gilmore Girls playing Veruca! Would be cool to see her playing a bitch! If she can do a British accent.

I hope they bring back The Nut Room with the squirrels and all the inventive sweets that are in the book.

I also hope they also do the bit where you see all the kids leave the factory all looking weird after what happened to each one. In the book Mike leaves all tall and skinny after being stretched!

Oh and just for the record the kids are:

Charlie Bucket
Augustus Gloop
Veruca Salt
Mike Teavee
Violet Beauregarde

Killer Clown#1
02-17-2004, 10:40 AM
Nightmare before christmas is my all time favorite, a classic in my book:)

DarkwingMantis
02-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Okay, I voted Ed Wood, but here is why I voted.

I am normally obssesd with Nightmare but i dont really count that as a Tim Burton film because he didnt direct it. and lets face it it, Mars attacks sucked

Aylmer
02-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Hate to burst the number one movie's bubble but Burton didn't direct "Nightmare Before Christmas", so it kinda dosn't fit with the others. He did produce it though. Maybe take that one out and put in "Mars Attacks". "Ed Wood" would be my pick either way.

Rotting Eye
02-17-2004, 12:07 PM
I never knew he didn't produce Nightmare... Henry Selick apparently did. Well in that case my vote changes to Beetlejuice :D

Aylmer
02-17-2004, 12:16 PM
I never knew he didn't produce Nightmare... Henry Selick apparently did. Well in that case my vote changes to Beetlejuice :D

No Burton did produce it but Selick directed it.

avenged_soul
02-17-2004, 12:56 PM
that took forever! i can never decide! i love them all! i have them all! now to get the rest on dvd! i loved big fish! if i were older (alot) i would marry tim!

Psychoholic
02-17-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by DarkwingMantis
Okay, I voted Ed Wood, but here is why I voted.

I am normally obssesd with Nightmare but i dont really count that as a Tim Burton film because he didnt direct it. and lets face it it, Mars attacks sucked

I realize nightmare wasn't directed by burton but I figured produced and written was good enough, thats why I put that as an option rather than mars attacks because, yeh it sucked :)

Glad to see a couple of others like Ed Wood as well, easily most underrated burton film IMO, most people I know (who call themselves burton fans) haven't even seen it.

Evisceration
02-17-2004, 02:40 PM
When I was a kid, I hated Nightmare Before Christmas, but then I saw it again last year for the first time in 5 or 6 years...and realized how twisted it is.:D

Shade
02-17-2004, 03:06 PM
Nightmare Before Christmas is my absolute favorite. I own way too much merchandise for that matter >.>;.

Machine King
02-17-2004, 03:57 PM
My fav. is Edward Sisscorhands.

crazy clown
02-18-2004, 06:12 PM
i really want to see will wonka and the chocolate factory. i'll be th oldest person ther but who cares.

sleepaway
02-19-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by crazy clown
i really want to see will wonka and the chocolate factory. i'll be th oldest person ther but who cares.

No I will be the oldest (not including parents!) :)

I hope the keep the real chicken getting it's head cut off by the meat cleaver in the remake!!!

sleepaway
02-19-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Evisceration
When I was a kid, I hated Nightmare Before Christmas, but then I saw it again last year for the first time in 5 or 6 years...and realized how twisted it is.:D

Nightmare Before Christmas was around when you were a KID?!! Gee that sure makes me feel old!! :eek:

Aylmer
02-19-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Psychoholic
I realize nightmare wasn't directed by burton but I figured produced and written was good enough, thats why I put that as an option rather than mars attacks because, yeh it sucked :)

Glad to see a couple of others like Ed Wood as well, easily most underrated burton film IMO, most people I know (who call themselves burton fans) haven't even seen it.

"Mars Attacks" may not be the best but I think it was better than that "Damn Dirty Ape" movie. I hear "Oyster Boy" may get a big screen translation as well.

Je Suis Phnomne
02-19-2004, 06:58 AM
Beetlejuice