PDA

View Full Version : what horror movie would you recommend to king or koontz?

avenged_soul
02-16-2004, 12:25 PM
dean koontz and stephen king, what movie would you recommend to them? i would rec. storm of the century and may! i recently say may this weekend and that movie was sick even for me and im a pretty twisted son of a pickle. but it was soooooooo good!

Rotting Eye
02-16-2004, 12:31 PM
Didn't King create Storm of the Century...? Should you really be recommending his own movie to him? heh.

I can't think of anything that I think they'd like... Both of them are already pretty twisted as it is, so whatever you show them they're not going to be phased.

Je Suis Phnomne
02-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Rotting Eye
Didn't King create Storm of the Century...? Should you really be recommending his own movie to him? heh.

I can't think of anything that I think they'd like... Both of them are already pretty twisted as it is, so whatever you show them they're not going to be phased.

that was your 500th congrats

sleepaway
02-17-2004, 12:41 AM
King has pretty much seen everything anyway! I used to take on board his movie recommendations from his book Danse Macabre.

Koontz I don't know too much about.

Storm Of The Century is amazing. There's a thread somewhere for that...

cheebacheeba
02-17-2004, 02:39 AM
Kind should, if he COULD pull it off properly, do film/s of the
(?dark tower?) series. Maybe it would be better as a (particularly long) miniseries. Either way, it'd be good.
Koontz has too much good stuff to choose from. If you haven't read his stuff, get reading already!
Alotta ppl say different, I think DK's phantoms was very good.

sleepaway
02-17-2004, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba

Alotta ppl say different, I think DK's phantoms was very good.

The book or the movie?

I never read the book. The movie started off brilliantly and I thought it was gonna be so excellent but it quite quickly turned into a dud. A real shame that.

cheebacheeba
02-17-2004, 06:38 AM
The book IS better as I've heard, I personally quiet liked the movie, although I agree it lost its "go" about 2/3 of the way through.

DarkwingMantis
02-17-2004, 06:57 AM
I would rec. In The Mouth Of Madness for king because the Sutter Cain char. is basically King neway

avenged_soul
02-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Rotting Eye

nonetheless, i would recommend MAY. thats by far the oddest movie i've ever seen. its one of those independent films and it was good as i've said. and for recommending the storm of the century, well it would rather be a complament. an dbesides how could he not like his own movie? although he could be one of those self-critisizing ppl and think all his works sux (which it doesnt) and thus makeing his life pointless.....*oh god i've gone cross eyed* but the books are always better than the movies because you can use ur own imagination!

Dr.Kelvinstein
02-17-2004, 11:57 AM
I once read an interview with Koontz in which he said he didn't watch Dario Argento movies because they were too violent. He also pretty much said in a short story that only degenerates would watch Last House on the Left, and he is ALWAYS bitching about violent horror movies.

That being said, I would reccomend he watch Nekromantic or Guinea Pig.

I would make King watch Dreamcatcher or Maximum Overdirve. If he thinks the ticket-buying public should watch that crap, then so should he.

mictlan
02-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
I would make King watch Dreamcatcher or Maximum Overdirve. If he thinks the ticket-buying public should watch that crap, then so should he.

That's brilliant...

I would give Stephen King ten hits of acid and make him watch his god-awful version of the Shining. Over and over again.

avenged_soul
02-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by mictlan
That's brilliant...
I would give Stephen King ten hits of acid and make him watch his god-awful version of the Shining. Over and over again.

if u do that, then i'll do whatever you want! i would become your personal slave, but sadly its only a thought. *tear*

sleepaway
02-18-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein

King will quite freely admit that he totally fucked up Maximim Overdrive and I'm sure he's already seen it seeing as he directed it!

Would love to know what he thinks of Dreamcatcher that is by far the worst, it even sucked more then some of the lame King movie sequels but Dreamcatcher has no excuse with that much talent involved.