PDA

View Full Version : Boxsets

Shadowstar
02-14-2004, 07:13 PM
There seem to be a whole bunch of boxsets for action movies and such, but I haven't seen many boxsets for horror movies. There are tons of sequels for many horror movies, yet most don't have boxsets.

The only boxset for a horror movie I've seen is The Nightmare on Elm Street series.

So if anyone can make a list of boxsets, I'd appreciate it.

Killer Clown#1
02-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Alien series, Puppet Master(out of print), leprachaun, and the Friday the 13th boxed set is coming next september.:)

Shadowstar
02-14-2004, 07:42 PM
I never really counted the Alien series horror...but whatever.

Man, I wish I could've had that puppet master set. I loved those movies.

GorePhobia
02-14-2004, 07:51 PM
puppetmaster was ok.....but NOES has a boxset.....but thats all that i can think of at this very moment

sleepaway
02-15-2004, 06:56 AM
The Omen has a box set.

There's a lot of box sets containing Stephen King movies.

Does Planet of The Apes Count?!!!! ;)

There's always a problem with box sets as usually each movie is owned by different people!

Oh there's a Halloween box set yet one was missing! I think it was part 6. Pretty pointless if you ask me.

There's a Scream box set and a I Know What You Did... box set. Oh and an Urban Legend one.

Buffy??!!!

sleepaway
02-15-2004, 06:57 AM
Puppetmaster box set has been deleted.

Oh and there;s the Tox Box.

kpropain
02-15-2004, 07:19 AM
There is also a Sleepaway camp boxed set also.

sleepaway
02-15-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by kpropain
There is also a Sleepaway camp boxed set also.

Damn it.

Should of remembered that one!!!! :confused:

kpropain
02-15-2004, 07:32 AM
I figured you would have with the name SLEEPAWAY JK :D

sleepaway
02-15-2004, 07:43 AM
I figured you would have with the name SLEEPAWAY JK :D

My excuse is that I have a headache and it's Sunday - day of rest. And um...er...I'm just crap really. :)

sleepaway
02-15-2004, 08:09 AM
There's an Exorcist box set. A Phantasm box set and a House box set and an Evil Dead box set and a Romero/Dead box set. Oh and there's a Children Of The Corn Box set but only the first 3 are in it.

Man I'm on a roll now!

Killer Clown#1
02-15-2004, 09:05 AM
There is also a Sleepaway camp boxed set also. Opps forgot about that one.

otis
02-15-2004, 09:21 AM
What does the romero/night have in it? Is it still in print. There is also From Dusk till Dawn if you haven't named it? If you are talking about the Book of the Dead, for Evil Dead, it isn't a box set. I think it is just the first one or it might be 2 of them.

DarkwingMantis
02-15-2004, 09:31 AM
Toxic avenger has a boxed set

There is a set called fright night (not the vamp movie) it has 10 B-Horror Movies if that counts

Ritualistic
02-15-2004, 04:46 PM
There are tons of box sets with a sort of different horror movies.

sleepaway
02-16-2004, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by otis
What does the romero/night have in it? Is it still in print. There is also From Dusk till Dawn if you haven't named it? If you are talking about the Book of the Dead, for Evil Dead, it isn't a box set. I think it is just the first one or it might be 2 of them.

1) The Romero box set has Night Of THe Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead and Day Of The Dead. The Set is called: Trilogy Of The Dead.

2) There's an Evil Dead Trilogy Box Set that has all 3 movies.

crazy clown
02-16-2004, 03:40 PM
do they still make the sleepaway camp box set cause its not at the local best buy an i didn't even see it at www.bestbuy.com either. can someone help me out here.

P.S. theres also a childs play box set with the last three in it.

Ritualistic
02-16-2004, 03:55 PM
I know you can still buy the sleepaway boxset maybe not through bestbuy.. try other sites like overstock.com and cduniverse.com and amazon.com but you better get one before they are all gone...

tschaber
02-18-2004, 06:13 PM
pretty sure i also saw a night of the demons boxset before

sleepaway
02-19-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Ritualistic
I know you can still buy the sleepaway boxset maybe not through bestbuy.. try other sites like overstock.com and cduniverse.com and amazon.com but you better get one before they are all gone...

Yeah you can still get it but it's hard finding the 4 disc set, you'll mostly find the 3 disc set.

Ritualistic
02-19-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by sleepaway
Yeah you can still get it but it's hard finding the 4 disc set, you'll mostly find the 3 disc set. This is true.. Best Buy doesnt sell the 4 disc set anymore... FUCKING HAPPY I GOT IT..... :D Hey sleepaway was you lucky enough to grap one with the red cross on it..??

crazy clown
02-19-2004, 05:36 PM
i should kick the crap out of myself. i went to best buy one day and came across the box set with all 4 dvd's. i passed it up because i didn't think anybody would get it cause stuff like that stays at that store for a while most of the time. the next week i come back with all intentions of buying it and it was gone. this really makes me mad cause i can't find the freaking thing anywhere.

sleepaway
02-20-2004, 12:20 AM
This is true.. Best Buy doesnt sell the 4 disc set anymore... FUCKING HAPPY I GOT IT..... :D Hey sleepaway was you lucky enough to grap one with the red cross on it..??

In all honesty I never wanted it! Despite my name - I'm not the biggest fan! I'm much more into the original than anything else.

Grackan
02-20-2004, 11:47 AM
There's a Hellraiser BoxSet although it only contains the first 3 films. Well worth buying!

crazy clown
02-20-2004, 06:01 PM
not really big on hellraiser

Robert Neville
02-20-2004, 06:08 PM
The best box set I ever bought is from Alpha Video and is called "Classics of Early Cinema". It includes "Nosferatu", Lon Sr.'s "Phantom of the Opera" and "The Hunchback of Notre Dame, "Der Golem", "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" and Barrymore's "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde". A shitload of great silent movies.

sleepaway
02-20-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Robert Neville
The best box set I ever bought is from Alpha Video and is called "Classics of Early Cinema". It includes "Nosferatu", Lon Sr.'s "Phantom of the Opera" and "The Hunchback of Notre Dame, "Der Golem", "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" and Barrymore's "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde". A shitload of great silent movies.

I saw that one, very tempted and it only cost £10. Should of got it.

Robert Neville
02-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Now I see on the advertisment banners above the "50 Movies for $29.95". Now that's a goddamn deal. Even if they are on DVDr's. Well they say they are remastered, but I kind of doubt it. Maybe they believe copying is remastering. They're on 12 doublesided DVDs. But what the hell, it's 50 movies. I'm there.

sleepaway
02-24-2004, 04:47 AM
This is true.. Best Buy doesnt sell the 4 disc set anymore... FUCKING HAPPY I GOT IT..... :D Hey sleepaway was you lucky enough to grap one with the red cross on it..??

Guess what? I went to order sleepaway camp parts 2 & 3 today as I thought I may as well make the effort even though I only really like part one. Anyway the site I was gonna order from also had the box set and it was cheaper than buying 2 and 3 together!!?? So I went ahead and got the box set. Now the pic they had for it has the red cross on it and it's stated as the special edition but then says there is only 3 disc but either way it's dead cheap! It's £20 which I guess is what like $30? BARGAIN!!!!

AndreTulon
02-26-2004, 02:35 PM
I Want The Puppet Master Boxset but it's like $150.00

Ritualistic
02-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by sleepaway
Now the pic they had for it has the red cross on it and it's stated as the special edition but then says there is only 3 disc but either way it's dead cheap! yeah man most of the sites selling this box set will try and cheat by showing that picture cause they know horror collectors like us will think it is that version.. I think Amazon.com & cduniverse.com shows that pic I am not sure though so dont quote me on that. Yeah I do recommend anyone buying sleepaway camp should just go ahead and buy the boxset cause it is only 15 bucks more than just buying one of the movies...