PDA

View Full Version : Vote 2004

HappyCamper
02-13-2004, 12:40 PM
who are you going to vote for?

I'm going to vote for who ever becomes the Democrat nominee...only cause I don't want George W. Bush back in office for another 4 years.

Ritualistic
02-13-2004, 04:42 PM
I`ll be voting BUT at this moment I dont know who I will vote for..

Sam The Egg
02-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Why not an option saying "fuck all those guys"?

HappyCamper
02-13-2004, 06:08 PM
lol... i think i'll add that as a choice.

fluffho
02-13-2004, 06:11 PM
kerry looks ok

i like dean, just because hes insane

i may just write in Maddox though...

meetthecreeper
02-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by HappyCamper
who are you going to vote for?

I'm going to vote for who ever becomes the Democrat nominee...only cause I don't want George W. Bush back in office for another 4 years.

Voting Democrat because why??? Why not vote for a someone based on what they stand for. Either way Demican or Republicrat you get the same thing CORRUPTION. I think it is time for a third party to get involved more heavily in politics.

I consider myself a Libertarian and almost an anarchist, where does that leave me??? the bottom line is all politcians are full of BS so what is the point really, all they do is lie anyways. I dont necessarily care for W. either, but the Democratic party runs around and talks about how they are for working families and they want to tax the rich, this is more BS. They arent for working families anymore than anyone else. And as for the rich paying there fair share, you should see the democratic definition of rich. I am in that category and believe me I am no where near what most people think is rich. And if it wasnt for some rich guy starting a business I wouldnt have a job. Also the dems want to strip me of my right to defend myself aka the 2nd Amend. they think we should just out and out abolish that. It really is working well for England.

The Republicans want to do the same things only go about it a different way.

Sam The Egg
02-13-2004, 06:22 PM
too bad McCain isn't running again.

HappyCamper
02-13-2004, 06:56 PM
actually i'm a Libertarian as well....i just believe right now, that unfortunately the Libertarian Party doesn't have enough power-support to make a strong run for the White House, and under the circumstances, i'd rather see anybody in the White House besides George W. Bush that lying sack of horse shit!

and I did vote for Harry Brown in the last Pres. Election.

HappyCamper
02-13-2004, 06:57 PM
meetthecreeper, i love your avatar by the way

allmykids
02-13-2004, 09:44 PM
I am for BUSH. The poor guy had to come into office right after 9/11. I thought he handled that very well. Also the war with IRAC, I don't care if they had nuks or not, sadam needed to be taken out!!!

meetthecreeper
02-14-2004, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by HappyCamper
meetthecreeper, i love your avatar by the way

Thanks,

I agree with Allmykids that Saddam had to be taken out, but if there are no WMDs then we have a major intellegence problem in this country. The CIA needs to be reformed and made to be functioning better.

If Bush would just get on TV and say that he made a mistake and he was going into Iraq based on the intellegence that he was given I could accept that.

It seems like people in DC are afraid to admit that they made a mistake and that pisses me off.

To use Clinton as an example-all he had to do was say Yes I had sex with that PIG, and it would have been over instead all he did was try and cover it with lies and then cover those lies with more lies.

Plus I think he used Somalia as a distraction to what was going on.

Point of advice to all politcians-TRY AND TELL THE TRUTH FOR ONCE-the american people aint stupid.

cheebacheeba
02-14-2004, 05:49 AM
I'm from Australia, so I can safely say "none".
I'll tell you a little bit about voting here, see if anything matches up...
Here, we have to "enrol to vote" if we're gonna vote at all.
If you're enrolled, you gotta vote - or you get fined or some shit...
However, there is no law in place that says you HAVE TO ENROL.
So, I just didn't enrol.
By the age of 18 (our voting age...yours?)
I realised that pretty much ANY vote you make is gonna end up with some P.O.S getting put into power that'll break the very promises they made in order to get votes, as soon as they have enough power to say "blow me" to their "voters".
Not even mentioning the amount these people DON'T listen to the public...I mean, where I live, trust me on this, NOT MANY of us wanted to be involved in this Iraq shit, but were made to anyway....why? Because THEY said so.
Having the power to vote is just that - The power to VOTE.
Seems alotta ppl are in favour of getting fucked over either way...
How many of YOU love and agree 100% with GB Junior anyway...? Your answers on that one might indicate my point...

Haunted
02-14-2004, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by meetthecreeper
Voting Democrat because why??? Why not vote for a someone based on what they stand for. Either way Demican or Republicrat you get the same thing CORRUPTION. I think it is time for a third party to get involved more heavily in politics.

I consider myself a Libertarian and almost an anarchist, where does that leave me??? the bottom line is all politcians are full of BS so what is the point really, all they do is lie anyways. I dont necessarily care for W. either, but the Democratic party runs around and talks about how they are for working families and they want to tax the rich, this is more BS. They arent for working families anymore than anyone else. And as for the rich paying there fair share, you should see the democratic definition of rich. I am in that category and believe me I am no where near what most people think is rich. And if it wasnt for some rich guy starting a business I wouldnt have a job. Also the dems want to strip me of my right to defend myself aka the 2nd Amend. they think we should just out and out abolish that. It really is working well for England.

The Republicans want to do the same things only go about it a different way.

Creeper, you're right. It is sort of redundant to vote for a Democrat. However, right now, we've got to get Bush out of office. Though, I really wish we could put a Libertarian in the White House. As a matter of fact, I signed a petition in NC to keep Libertarians as part of our state. They were wanting to take them away.

I just want to get someone in office who won't institute the Patriot Act, who won't infringe upon my religion, who won't be adding Constitutional amedmants that further crumble the wall between "church and state."

However, and maybe I'm a pessimist, but I don't think we're going to get Bush out of office. I really hate to say it. I really really do. I think we're stuck. It worries me tremendously too.

Viva la resistance!

meetthecreeper
02-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Haunted
Creeper, you're right. It is sort of redundant to vote for a Democrat. However, right now, we've got to get Bush out of office. Though, I really wish we could put a Libertarian in the White House. As a matter of fact, I signed a petition in NC to keep Libertarians as part of our state. They were wanting to take them away.

I just want to get someone in office who won't institute the Patriot Act, who won't infringe upon my religion, who won't be adding Constitutional amedmants that further crumble the wall between "church and state."

However, and maybe I'm a pessimist, but I don't think we're going to get Bush out of office. I really hate to say it. I really really do. I think we're stuck. It worries me tremendously too.

Viva la resistance!

Haunted, I agree and I have come to the conclusion that I am no longer going to hold my nose and vote for the lesser of 2 evils, I have voted Republican, Democrat, Libertarian and probably a few more but it has, with the exception of Libertarian, been the lesser of the two evils.

I didnt really have a problem with the shrub until the Patriot Act thing came down and the fact that his administration doesnt recognize Pagan/Wiccans as a legit religion. Where the Hell did that come from and for what reason? Was there a sudden insurgence of Pagans running wild in the streets casting spells on freedom loving Christians and burning their churches to the ground? I must have missed something.

I honestly have become disenchanted with the political process and no longer really care what they say or do. I am going to do what is right for myself, family and community regardless of what Gov. says. Maybe this (other than voting from the rooftops) can change things. I doubt it though, most folks are sheep and as long as they have their televisions and their fancy cars they will walk around with blinders on until they are lead to the slaughter. Even then I doubt that they would even notice.

I have often thought that it is time for a good old fashioned REVOULUTION complete with violence and bloodshed, although if it were up to us, the small minority, we would be crushed like an insect.

I want to form my own little country on my 135 acres call it Creeperland and youall are invited.

Machine King
02-14-2004, 02:02 PM
I argee with Bush's stand on terrorism but his homeland plans totally suck. The one thing that made me want to vote democrat was his stand with the FCC and censorship. Bush basically wants to nomiate a man who wants to censor movies, tv, movies etc. more then it is right now. Also Bush's tax plan helps the ecomny right now but it's suppose hit a big bump in the next couple years if his plan goes through the way he wants it to.

Arioch
02-14-2004, 03:29 PM

COMPLETELY AGREE! unfortunately i also have the impression that we wont get rid of him. And since im in texas, a state he pretty much owns, its kinda pointless to vote otherwise.