PDA

View Full Version : World War Z - The Movie

_____V_____
11-14-2008, 07:18 PM
November 13, 2008

Paramount has set "Quantum of Solace" director Marc Forster to helm "World War Z," based on the Max Brooks bestselling novel about a worldwide infestation of flesh-eating zombies.

"Changeling" scribe J. Michael Straczynski is writing the screenplay, and Brad Pitt's Plan B is producing.

Brooks -- the son of Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft -- wrote a detailed tale in which a researcher for the U.N. Postwar Commission interviews survivors from countries all over the world, 10 years after the crisis, to gather a first-person post-mortem on a war that obliterated every country on the map.

Forster is unlikely to return for another James Bond installment.

As for "WWZ," "The genre always fascinated me, and when they pitched it to me, it reminded me of the paranoid conspiracy films of the '70s like 'All the President's Men,' " Forster told Daily Variety.

Par bought the book for Plan B in 2006, and it is one of several high-profile projects for the company headed by Pitt, who next stars for the studio in the David Fincher-directed "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button."

Plan B is also prepping an adaptation of the novel "Eat, Pray, Love," with Ryan Murphy directing and Julia Roberts expected to star; the Fincher-directed projects "The Killer" and "Black Hole"; and a film about drug addiction based on two nonfiction tales: "Beautiful Boy" and "Tweak."

KICKASS NEWS!!! :D This is a project which will be really close to me, and I will keep a keen lookout for the updates on this.

Despare
11-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Alright!

Now if we can only get Wellington's zombie books on screen...

Dude Guadalupe
11-15-2008, 12:19 AM
:eek: Hell yeah!

...the dead will walk the
11-15-2008, 02:16 PM
`bout time!

bwind22
11-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Alright!

Now if we can only get Wellington's zombie books on screen...

Brian Keene's as well.

Anyone already read World War Z? It's 3rd on my list of books to read. I'm in the middle of The Rising & then on to City of the Dead (both by Keene). World War Z is after those. I loved Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide though.

novakru
11-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Normally I would say, I would be lined up to seeing this.
But not this time.
It would never compare to what I visuallized while reading it.

weluvzombies
11-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Brian Keene says they are working on the Rising deal. IMDb says it's in
development.

For a long time the rumor was it would air on HBO as a series . Brad Pitt optioned the book awhile back. I cant wait too see it. Hopefully the movie can fit all of those amazing stories in.

chaibill
11-18-2008, 03:05 PM
I have been thinking of how this will translate to film since i read the book and i don't know if they can pull it off. They might just focus on three to four stories and have them intertwine like some in the book did but i don't think the entire book could be filmed.

skyblue342
11-19-2008, 11:34 AM
My son bought this book after he was done i read it and i thought it was amazing! I cant wait to see the film. I love zombie movies.

ferretchucker
11-20-2008, 07:01 AM
This will be a lot of fun to watch!

Kemal
11-20-2008, 03:42 PM
I will die happy.

urgeok2
11-20-2008, 05:06 PM
I will die happy.

because of a movie ?

it's gonna take twin lesbian contortionist nymphos for 2 straight weeks to make me feel that way.

_____V_____
11-26-2008, 06:42 AM
November 24, 2008

Quantum of Solace director Marc Forster is leaving martini-swilling secret agents behind for flesh-eating zombies.

Variety reports that Forster will direct the big screen adaptation of the Max Brooks novel World War Z for Paramount Pictures and Brad Pitt's Plan B production company.

J. Michael Straczynski penned the screenplay adaptation of Brooks' book, which chronicles a global zombie epidemic.

Forster told the trade, "The genre always fascinated me, and when they pitched it to me, it reminded me of the paranoid conspiracy films of the '70s like All the President's Men."

Another piece of kickass news! This project is getting better by the minute!!

fortunato
11-26-2008, 07:14 AM
I really hope they do it in the same format as the book: interviews, vignettes, "footage from the war", etc. and play it as a documentary-type thing, something I could see on the History Channel had this really happened.

mikeyjay88
11-26-2008, 07:46 PM
I read this book! I loved it im excited for a movie i had no idea it was even coming out.

_____V_____
03-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Quantum of Solace director Marc Forster gave a quick update on his adaptation of Max Brooks' zombie -heavy novel World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War.

He told us: "At this point its still in development, I'm still working on the script, so I don't know if it will be my next movie, it's a book I really like, and I think it's a subject matter that would be really interesting to turn into a movie."

A follow up to Brook's The Zombie Survival Guide, the book takes the form of a series of interviews with survivors of a Zombie war. This aspect is something that Forster seems keen to replicate in the film: "What I like about the book is that it's not a straight-forward story. It has these interesting different elements to it."

Forster is clearly a fan of genre, saying he loves early zombie movies; however, expect World War Z to be a departure from the likes of Day of the Dead: "it won't be a straight-forward genre piece; it's like a hybrid type of film so it will be very unusual."

J. Michael Straczynski is writing the script.

I am so pumped!!

fortunato
03-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Woo hoo!
Something to look forward to, for sure.

_____V_____
07-27-2009, 05:57 AM
Some word came it at the San Diego Comic Con that Paramount Pictures is currently seeking a new director to get behind the camera for their forthcoming adaptation of World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War.

Marc Forster, the brains behind Quantum of Solace, was originally slated to direct.

The book is a sober telling of the aftermath of a war fought against a legion of humans who were inflicted with a virus, died and were reanimated into flesh-eating zombies.

Damnit...:(

_____V_____
04-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Mireille Enos is in talks to join Brad Pitt in "World War Z" for Paramount.

Enos would play Pitt's wife in the pic which is based off the tome by Max Brooks and has Marc Forster on to direct.

Story is set ten years after a global zombie epidemic and is an oral history told through various perspective around the world.

J. Michael Straczynski and Matt Carnahan penned the script with Pitt's Plan B banner producing.

Enos currently stars on AMC's skein "The Killing" as detective Sarah Linden.

_____V_____
06-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Damon Lindelof to Rewrite 'World War Z'.

Screenwriter Damon Lindelof has been brought in to save Paramount’s zombie movie World War Z.

The big-budget movie starring Brad Pitt, who also is one of the producers, has been troubled. Its release has been pushed from December 2012 to June, 21 2013, and is awaiting significant reshoots.

Lindelof, the Lost co-creator and co-author of Ridley Scott and Fox’s Prometheus, is said to be focusing on World War Z's third act. The production hopes to begin reshoots in September or October.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/damon-lindelof-world-war-z-prometheus-brad-pitt-335241

fortunato
06-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Man, getting more and more apprehensive about this project.

Dead&Bloated
08-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Anyone else interested in this movie? I really liked the book so when I heard they were making a movie my interest was peaked. However, I saw some footage that is supposedly of a scene from the movie and the zombies were running. I hope running zombies don't make it into the movie. I don't like running zombies!

_____V_____
11-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Entertainment Tonight (via Ace Showbiz) has posted a preview piece featuring our first look at Brad Pitt in the zombie action movie.

The quick clip gets across the message that World War Z is B-I-G. There are hordes—heck, literal piles at points—of zombies that attack in such great mass that they seem to overwhelm even our most powerful military weaponry. If nothing else, I think we can all get behind a film that shows us large-scale zombie carnage on some level.

Check out the screencaps here - http://collider.com/world-war-z-trailer-preview/208915/

and the ET preview here - http://et.tv/VOYcoK

Loosely adapted from Max Brooks' book of the same name, the film stars Brad Pitt as Gerry Lane, an employee for the U.N. who travels the world to stop the outbreak of a zombie virus. In addition to Pitt the movie also features Matthew Fox, David Morse, Mireile Enos and James Badge Dale.

"World War Z" comes for brains on June 21, 2013. First trailer releases on Thursday.

fortunato
11-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Hm, I don't know.

BenEBrewer
11-06-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm not sure about the film but I was in Glasgow, Scotland when they were filming some of it and there was a load of Scottish walking around the city acting like zombies - nothing new there then!

fyfjoe
11-10-2012, 09:11 AM
What does everyone think now that they've released the trailer? I'm pretty excited, looks bad ass.

Anthropophagus
11-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Although not a lover of CGI i have to admit that clip looks awesome and the stunning soundtrack gives it a wallop.

I just hope it isnt all flash and no substance.Fingers crossed.

ChronoGrl
11-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Ehhhhhhhh - I'm skeptical. Best case scenario it looks like a typical summer blockbuster and potentially good popcorn movie.

Not to knock a good action movie; I'm just tired of zombie movies with little substance.

Anthropophagus
11-13-2012, 11:25 AM
I agree Chrono.

But the clip does enough to excite me.