PDA

View Full Version : Best horror not on DVD.

Aylmer
02-02-2004, 06:58 AM
What's everyones opinion on the best horror films that have never been in print (Region 1) on DVD? My picks are as follows.

1. Phantasm 2
2. Return of The Living Dead 2
3. From Beyond

bloodrayne
02-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Hmmm...Are all of the "Evil Dead"s on DVD yet?

kpropain
02-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Yes I have Evil dead 1 and 2 and Army Of darkness on DVD. Great trilogy. And yes I would love to see phantasm 2 and Return Of The Living Dead 2 on DVD. Also they are re-releasing Dawn Of The Dead on DVD in March.

sleepaway
02-03-2004, 08:44 AM
Yeah I agree.

From Beyond! Got some major cheap LP version on cassette!

Phantasm 2 and 3 are on DVD in the UK. 4 is Oblivion right? That's on DVD here too.

ROTLD2: I can live without that one! To cheezy!

I really want Terror Train - apparently it's on DVD on Feb 24th but I have my doubts!

Jason Hodder
02-03-2004, 01:29 PM
I was talking to Reggie from Phantasm at a horror con in April and he told me that due to the fact that the movie company only owns the rights to Phantasm 1 and 4 they were only able to put those out. Really sucks since I loved part 2.

sleepaway
02-04-2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Jason Hodder
I was talking to Reggie from Phantasm at a horror con in April and he told me that due to the fact that the movie company only owns the rights to Phantasm 1 and 4 they were only able to put those out. Really sucks since I loved part 2.

It was a box set of the 4 here in the UK but all done on the cheap, I don't think they were even widescreen and no extras and dodgy transfers. Nothing will beat MGM's Region 1 DVD of Phantasm, that was excellent. It was MGM right? The same was done for a lot of the Amityville movies here, all released cheaply by companies you've never heard of. But I guess it's better than nothing if you want them!

BudMan
02-04-2004, 07:58 AM
I thought "From Beyond" was out on DVD in the UK and soon to be released here.

xshiny_demonx
02-04-2004, 02:40 PM
umm return of the living dead is on dvd...i just bought it recently...wait...u said part 2...the one about those punk kids hanging in the grave yard, and that gass gets out, and up comes the zombies and they try to burn one of the bodies at the morg...that one? b/c thats out on dvd...maybe your talking about another movie though.
ohhh...and mosquito? that movie...thats not on dvd is it? that owns.

Dr.Kelvinstein
02-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Curse of the Werewolf, I Was a Teenage Werewolf, Return of Count Yorga, the last two Blind Dead movies, a clean-up of Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things, Night of the Creeps, Deathdream, Erotic Nights of the Living Dead, Just Before Dawn, Argento's Trauma, Fulci's Murder Rock, Curse of the Undead, I Walked With a Zombie, all the Creature From the Black Lagoon movies (preferably in a boxed set), The Conqueror Worm, Blood on Satan's Claw, a re-release of Mark of the Devil, Mark of the Devil 2, Evil Clutch, Humongous, more Naschy werewolf movies and his Hunchback of the Morgue and Hanging Woman. And I'm sure I could think of a few others.

sleepaway
02-05-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by BudMan
I thought "From Beyond" was out on DVD in the UK and soon to be released here.

No it isn't but I wish it was! Can also not find a mention of it coming to region 1 either.