PDA

View Full Version : Animals that scare you

Vodstok
01-30-2004, 12:00 PM
What animals give you the creeps? Also, were you traumatized and that lead to it, or do you just have an aversion to that animal? It doesnt have to be a phobia, there are just some animals out there that give people the willies.

For me, it's spiders. i used to be severely phobic, but i got past that. the still freak me out though. Check out this little story, it's from my website (http://www.vodstok.net/scare/animals/spider.asp), it's about a horrible incident i had as a kid:

I lived in Germany. Dad was still in the Air Force. Across the way from us was a small field, filled waste deep with stinging nettles. This was a favorite place for me to explore. It had a ton of different bugs and animals living in it. I had discovered a particular tree that had a colony of these cool, metallic rainbow colored beetles living under it. I loved it there. I would also get a stick and hack away at nettles, pretending they were bad guys and I was chopping off their heads and legs with my sword. One hack-a-thon, I was wearing these green slacks that my mom had bought for me. I had cleared a large section of weeds, and sitting at the edge of the clearing was a HUGE brown house spider. He was a monster, his legs had to have been over 3 inches across, spread-out. I decided it was a good time to find another place to play. I looked around real quick to see if there was a fast getaway for me. When I looked back to make sure the Beast was still where I saw him, he was gone. The next thing I knew, I felt something crawling up the INSIDE of my slacks. It was so big, I could see the fabric move as he crawled.

Ever see a 12 year old do a screaming sprint? I imagine from the outside it’s pretty funny, but from the inside…….. Words can’t describe it, but suffice to say, I know how that swat guy felt in the Relic just before the monster snipped his head off. Imagine a skinny 6th grader running out into the street, dropping his pants off right in the middle of it, stomping them twice, then running full-tilt to his house, slamming the front-door behind him like he was being chased by Carl Lewis, if he were an axe murderer on crystal meth.

It took me until I was 21 before I could let go of that incident and not break out in a cold sweat whenever I saw a spider.

Nice, huh?

_Leatha_Face_
01-30-2004, 12:06 PM
SPIDER

SHARKS
look @ this

CROCODILES

Sam The Egg
01-30-2004, 12:08 PM
Sharks don't keep me out of the ocean. Know what keeps me out of the ocean? Jellyfish. I don't even go barefoot on the beach because of those things

_Leatha_Face_
01-30-2004, 12:11 PM
sharks dont keep me out of the ocean neither but i still that eery feeling when u get out a little ways from the shore , u know what i mean

i hate jellyfish to i wasnt even in the damn water when i got stung by one lol it was in the damn sand

Plissken
01-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Im scared shitless buy tiny tiny bugs. I keep imagining that they got in my ear

Sam The Egg
01-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by _Leatha_Face_
sharks dont keep me out of the ocean neither but i still that eery feeling when u get out a little ways from the shore , u know what i mean

i hate jellyfish to i wasnt even in the damn water when i got stung by one lol it was in the damn sand

when they're in the sand they look like breast implants

_Leatha_Face_
01-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
when they're in the sand they look like breast implants lol this is true

StepfatherFan
01-30-2004, 12:34 PM
I hate bugs, especialy crickets. I hate the way they jump. I was literaly reduced to tears by one that was in my kitchen a few weeks ago. I was scared to death. Just paralyzed with fear.

PsychoticPanda
01-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Sharks, Spiders, Snakes.

bloodygurl02
01-30-2004, 06:26 PM
i hate bugs. i alwys think of them crawling in my mouth and stuff when i am sleeping

hellfire1
01-30-2004, 06:29 PM
spiders and roaches... so disgusting i can't even work up the courage to stomp on them. and the horrible *scrunch* that u hear when u do... ack !

Rotting Eye
01-30-2004, 06:31 PM
I hate spiders. There was one (about quarter size) that had it's web spun across my front porch, blocking the way to my door for a while. I ran into his fucking web a few times... Until one day I took a lighter and burned the shit out of him. Stupid prick.

When I see other spiders just on the floor I have to smash them otherwise I think they're gunna crawl into my bed and get me or some shit.

Other than spiders.. Nothing really.

bloodygurl02
01-30-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Rotting Eye
I hate spiders. There was one (about quarter size) that had it's web spun across my front porch, blocking the way to my door for a while. I ran into his fucking web a few times... Until one day I took a lighter and burned the shit out of him. Stupid prick.

When I see other spiders just on the floor I have to smash them otherwise I think they're gunna crawl into my bed and get me or some shit.

Other than spiders.. Nothing really.

the you would have ahted theone at my house. it was near our front door and the web was fucking huge well any way the spider was the size of a quarter and that suker could jump cuz when i went to poke it w/ a stick to see if it was a live it sprung up. i thought it was dead it was sitting there like it was curled up so ithought it was dead and apparently it wasn't

bloodygurl02
01-30-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
when they're in the sand they look like breast implants

LMAO

bloodrayne
01-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Damn, is EVERYONE afraid of spiders?...I eat spiders...:)

coldwhisper
01-30-2004, 09:49 PM
hmmmm. let me see.. i got bit by a LAB rat once.. ouch.. Now I get my revenge by killing them in experiments.... MWAHAHAHAHAHA...

nightbreed
01-31-2004, 01:38 AM
sharks and ill tell you why. you see when i tell this to everyone theyre like "well your more likely to be attacked by a bear or mountain lion etc" well let me ask you this. when was the last time you ever saw a baby shark on a calendar playing with its equally as cute baby shark siblings or snuggling with its adult shark mother? you havent and thats why they are the worst. lions and tigers and bears (oh my) are cute and cuddly when their little. a shark comes out of its egg, opens its black soulless eyes and says KILL. i mean really they are the worlds perfect killer, aside from man. i mean really if sharks ever evolve wings.......

the human race is done with.

epilepsia
01-31-2004, 02:41 AM
insects in general, anything with lots of legs. when i moved into this house share i cleaned up my room before i set things up. i moved the closet to the side to hoover and behind it thick web unfolded, reaching the height of my thighs. a teeny weeny spider with MASSIVE legs started running towards me and i honestly thought itd jump me :( i ran and got the hair spray.
i fixed the web, cleaned things off, and, in the corner of my eye next to the radiator i see a wee baby one. there was a baby chamber :eek: :( i sprayed and washed and hoovered til i thought that everyone was gone. for the next month i worried that what if a baby had escaped and came back for revenge for his family being massacred.

our landlord doesnt get a cleaner to do our windows so theres always loads of webs n spiders outside during the summer, getting in when you want some fresh air. one time i was going downstairs to return a plate to the kitchen, i was on top of the stairs when i see something again in the corner of my eye and sure enough, a big BIG black one standing still watching me. i just flipped the deep bowl and put it over it and got one of the other girls to take care of it, hu.
also they seem to love the bathroom.

now dont get me wrong, im not a chicken, if i see them at a distance and have control over the situation ill get a cup or so and let them outside but if im taken by surprise theyre dead.

meetthecreeper
01-31-2004, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by nightbreed
sharks and ill tell you why. you see when i tell this to everyone theyre like "well your more likely to be attacked by a bear or mountain lion etc" well let me ask you this. when was the last time you ever saw a baby shark on a calendar playing with its equally as cute baby shark siblings or snuggling with its adult shark mother? you havent and thats why they are the worst. lions and tigers and bears (oh my) are cute and cuddly when their little. a shark comes out of its egg, opens its black soulless eyes and says KILL. i mean really they are the worlds perfect killer, aside from man. i mean really if sharks ever evolve wings.......

the human race is done with.

I am totally with you on sharks, I think part of the reason is that when you are in the water you cannot defend yourself against a shark attack, I mean you are out of your element and on a different plane of existance almost, a shark can move in the water way faster than man and you sure as hell cant run through the water. If you got attacked by a bear or mountain lion at least you have a chance to defend yourself, reach into that suckers throat and rip out his tongue. I heard of a lady who was attacked by a mountain lion in Kalif. and she grabbed the lions tongue and tore it out. How she did this I have no idea but it is amazing what you can do when you know if you dont fight you are going to die.

predfan
02-02-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Damn, is EVERYONE afraid of spiders?...I eat spiders...:)

i thought u were afraid of spiders? or was it cockroaches.

and in answer to the thread, im afraid of sharks definitely, spiders, insects even moths, butterflies (im trying ti cure this fear, it seems weird to be scared of butterflies since most people like butterflies. am i alone in my fear of butterflies? i mean theyre like moths but brighter and a bit cleaner maybe) im scared of ravens because they have guts, they dont fly away like other birds they stand there when u walk past, like tough guys. that about covers it.

Arioch
02-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Sharks are the only animals that REALLY scare me, oh and not to call you out or anything Nightbreed, but im pretty sure sharks give live births and dont lay eggs.;)

I cant believe you guys are ALL afraid of spiders tho, i mean, i like spiders. I think they are actually quite beautifull, and ive been bitten 3 times:eek:

moonsorrow
02-02-2004, 03:51 AM
my greatest shame, only animal or thing at al (that i am aware of) that scares me...horses......

Haunted
02-02-2004, 04:04 AM
Roaches... I hate those fuckers. Nasty...evil...buggers...yech!

I don't mind spiders. I don't want those bitches crawling on me...but then again, I'm OCD, and don't like most things touching me (except a strong loofah and antibacterial soap).

Je Suis Phnomne
02-02-2004, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Haunted
Roaches... I hate those fuckers. Nasty...evil...buggers...yech!

COMPLETELY AGREE!

bloodrayne
02-02-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by moonsorrow
my greatest shame, only animal or thing at al (that i am aware of) that scares me...horses......

Moonsorrow...How can YOU be afraid of horses?...You're bigger than they are...lol:)

Vodstok
02-02-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Arioch
Sharks are the only animals that REALLY scare me, oh and not to call you out or anything Nightbreed, but im pretty sure sharks give live births and dont lay eggs.;)

I cant believe you guys are ALL afraid of spiders tho, i mean, i like spiders. I think they are actually quite beautifull, and ive been bitten 3 times:eek:

It depends, different species of shark lay eggs, others give live birth.

abbycomix
02-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Big dogs, especially German Shepards (i was bitten as a kid). A big drooling dog running towards me will freak me out. But I do find huskies beautiful. Also small, quiet dogs are tolerable. Mainly loud big dogs with short hair scare me. Also i don't like bugs but I can kill them when I have to. I once rescued my band from a water bug (aka giant roach) in our old rehearsal space. Those things are nasty! Nobody else would go near it. I just grabbed it with a plastic bag and then stepped on it. Yuk!

fluffho
02-02-2004, 11:05 AM
anything with more than 4 legs (except those rando mutated cows with the 2 extra legs on it sback )

and anything with sharp teeth or poison in the ocean. i am a horrible swimmer

snakes are cool.. so are horses. i was going to put a pic of bocephalus but i cant find one! (from Peter Chung's Reign)

moonsorrow
02-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Moonsorrow...How can YOU be afraid of horses?...You're bigger than they are...lol:)

haha, i may be big and buff but what do those suckers weigh? 500 kilos? i dont have any problems with spiders, roaches, scorpions or even dying... but stick a horse anywhere near me and il start climbing walls to get away from it....why?

hellfire1
02-02-2004, 11:20 AM
haha, i may be big and buff but what do those suckers weigh? 500 kilos? i dont have any problems with spiders, roaches, scorpions or even dying... but stick a horse anywhere near me and il start climbing walls to get away from it....why?

but... they're so pretty !!!

moonsorrow
02-02-2004, 11:25 AM
and im a big fan of all things medevial or however the fuck you spell it, i dream of being reborn as a night in the 13th century...and yet im afraid of horses...can you se a knight riding along on his horse with heavy armour screaming like a woman going "get me off this ting! get me of this thing!"?

Je Suis Phnomne
02-02-2004, 12:59 PM
and im a big fan of all things medevial or however the fuck you spell it, i dream of being reborn as a night in the 13th century...and yet im afraid of horses...can you se a knight riding along on his horse with heavy armour screaming like a woman going "get me off this ting! get me of this thing!"?

Just do it the Monty Python way and have your trusty sidekick follow you around clapping coconuts together whilst you gallop along ;)

teenagezombie
02-02-2004, 06:55 PM
for some strange reason i have a HUGE phobia of spiders, if i see one, no matter how small, or far off i freeze and literally cant move, its all i can do to scream for someone to come dispose of it, but the weirdest thing is one time my parents took me to like a thing in the smokey moutains and it wuz like a spider showcase thing i guess......well anyway there was this huge ass black spider in a fish tank thingy and it wuz so huge it couldnt move. my dad was dragging half carrying me when we stopped cuz of the people in front of us i turned, saw this thing and frooze i wuz like O_O......well the damn thing just moved its leg and i just fainted i guess and i had a seizure (spelling?) :(

im also frightened of animals that dwell in the ocean......like crabs and stuff, i still swim and everything but i just avoid them EXCEPT SHARKS!!!!!! *shakes* im terrified of these creatures from hell *shakes again* but what makes it worse is i dont get to swim in the ocean during the day that much because the sun hurts me....seriously so i swim mostly at night, or dusk but so if a shark was coming i wouldnt be able to see its dorsal fin so im like a swimming nighttime snack for sharks :(

im scared of whales to.....not like killer whales but blue whales OHMYGOD!! those things are like 100 ft. long O_O they could eat a house!!! and that story from the bible of jonah or w/e.....*shakes* he got ate by one O_O!!!!!!!!

bugs also give me the creeps i actually run from those things....especially the weird ones......*shakes* oh and scorpins kinda freak me out a lil to... ya i know im a wimp :( but snakes and bats dont scare me

bloodygurl02
02-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Je Suis Phnomne
Just do it the Monty Python way and have your trusty sidekick follow you around clapping coconuts together whilst you gallop along ;)

lol i love that movie. i like the knights who say ni

Dreaming Girl
02-02-2004, 11:47 PM
Chimps... gorillas... and especially baboons. They're freaky enough with all those sharp teeth, but they're mean to! I have an extreme, extreme fear of baboons...

avenged_soul
02-03-2004, 12:14 PM
BUTTERFLYS!!!!!!!!

Magdalena_death
02-03-2004, 12:49 PM
I am SO scared of wolves. I dunno why. I think they're beautiful and all. But, dont put me around one coz i will freak out and run everywhere to try and get away from it. I mean look at those teeth..*shivers*

Hate_Breeder
02-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Do Babies and/or fetuses count as animals because they scare the fuck outta me!

Arioch
02-04-2004, 09:37 PM
im scared of whales to.....not like killer whales but blue whales OHMYGOD!! those things are like 100 ft. long O_O they could eat a house!!! and that story from the bible of jonah or w/e.....*shakes* he got ate by one O_O!!!!!!!!

LOL you know they eat plankton right??

kpropain
02-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Spiders and Yellow Jackets, I'm highly allergic to them.

moonsorrow
02-05-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Magdalena_death
I am SO scared of wolves. I dunno why. I think they're beautiful and all. But, dont put me around one coz i will freak out and run everywhere to try and get away from it. I mean look at those teeth..*shivers*

how can you be frightened of a wolf?
other then the fact that they will eat you if they get the chance...
oh guess your right, but they are beautifull animals though, my favorite animal in fact, such a damn shame they are endangered.

Dr.Kelvinstein
02-05-2004, 01:19 AM
Jehova Witnesses, ferrets, and truck drivers (though I don't think ferrets usually keep such bad company).

kpropain
02-05-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Jehova Witnesses LOL true so true I hate when these fuckers knock on the door.

Dr.Kelvinstein
02-05-2004, 01:22 AM

Since you're from Norway, shouldn't you want to be reincarnated as a berserker. Maybe in Harald Hardrada or Olaf Trygavasson's armies? Or I guess you could fight in the Northern Crusades in the Baltic. And didn't some Norwegian king lead an army to the holy land? A Varg or an Olaf or something?

There's nothing cooler than a big Scandanavian in chain mail screaming, "Hold the skjalborg! Keep your shields tight!"

moonsorrow
02-05-2004, 01:28 AM
guess i could strap on my chainmail and yell it out for you if you want... id love to be reborn somewhere around 700-800 ad and just be a viking, maby under comand of the great harald hårfagre but prefrably comanding a bit myself.
dont remember in witch conection this was but the vikings once carried theyr long boats across italy chasing theyr enemies...immagine the sight, how do you fight against something like that?

Dr.Kelvinstein
02-05-2004, 01:33 AM
I love Dark Age Nordic history, especially Norwegian. I've even read all the Icelandic sagas that have been translated into English, even The Heimskringla. I especially like Egil's Saga and all the other sagas featuring Eric Bloodaxe, a crazy son of a bitch from an especially crazy line.

The Vikings moving their long ships across land has always fascinated me, as has the Ragnarsson's conquest of England.

moonsorrow
02-05-2004, 01:37 AM
a man to my liking, you seam to know what your talking about, maby even more then me? maby not, i guess i just take my herritage for granted....dont get me wrong im proud as hell, i even have mjolnir (thors hammer) tattooed on me. so whos your favorite hedon god?

Dr.Kelvinstein
02-05-2004, 01:42 AM
I wear a Mjolnir pendant everywhere I go (forged by the very dwarves). I like Odin hanging from the World Tree, a sacrifice to himself, for the secret of the runes. I like Baldur's story a whole lot, and my favorite Nordic hero is Sigard from the Volsung Saga.

moonsorrow
02-05-2004, 01:46 AM
me to, the most important symbol we have here in norway.
iv always liked thor, ever since i was a kid iv just thought it was so damn cool to controll thunder, been thinking about going back to school just to do a degree in this, i allready know futhark by heart...at least one of them so i might as well go all the way am i right?

Dr.Kelvinstein
02-05-2004, 01:51 AM
Damn straight. If I were a Scandanavian, I'd be all over Norse history and mythology. I read both Eddas, the prose and the rhyming, but I'm sure they were much cooler in a Nordic tongue.
I heard that Varg Vickernes (hope I spelled his name right) and some other church-burning black metal guys were starting a Viking resergance in Norway. Is that big? I always thought burning the stave churches was stupid, though. Those things are just beautiful.

moonsorrow
02-05-2004, 02:00 AM
hobby satanists...vikernes....might be with an vikernæs, a letter you dont have and probabley doesnt even apear on your screen.
those things are beautifull, i have a picture i took during my year in the army, of nidarosdomen at night, with a full moon of course, beautifull they are, specialy that one, specialy in the moonlight.
il see if i cant get it scanned anytime soon.
iv altso heard similar rumours but i cant say i know much more about it, it would be unfair starting it without me though, there isnt a person (and i say this with great confidence) in this country that can handle a sword like me, as much as i love having this disgussion im way to tierd to be even half serius, maby il send you a private message sometime. so il be flat on my back sounding somewhat like a broken lawnmower the next cuple of hours....till then...