PDA

View Full Version : ahh too bad so sad

urgeok2
10-16-2008, 05:32 PM
ahh well.

almost got to do something really cool tomorrow.
My friend the fango writer wanted me to come along as his photographer to the George romero shooting location nearby - but as it turns out the production company wont allow any photographers.

i was half expecting it - but i'm still a little bummed.

ah well - close but no cigar - i was hoping to have some cool picks for you folks tomorrow night !

bloody_ribcut
10-16-2008, 05:41 PM
my condolences.....

Psycom5k
10-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Dude that sucks, if you want a hug... go ask your wife. :D

But seriously that sucks dude. I'd have loved to go to that.

newb
10-16-2008, 06:52 PM
wow....that sucks big time....what movie are they shooting?

Elvis_Christ
10-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Bummer mate! Is this the shooting of the new zombie flick?

urgeok2
10-16-2008, 08:46 PM
i'm sure its a zombie film .. not sure of the details though

Psycom5k
10-16-2008, 09:50 PM
i'm sure its a zombie film .. not sure of the details though

On an island off the coast of North America, local residents simultaneously fight a zombie epidemic while hoping for a cure to return their un-dead relatives back to their human state.

Thats the plot that IMDB has for it, its untitled at the moment so I'm kinda throwing it out there but, maybe its a sequel to Dawn of The Dead(2004). I mean they did leave off on an island.

_____V_____
10-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Its a standalone film, and not a sequel to the remake.

Romero had the idea when he saw the remake though - his fans are calling it Island of the Dead, or something on those lines.

Bummer, Urge...thats a real shame. I was looking forward to seeing your pics from the shooting location, especially a pic of you with Romero.

MisterSadistro
10-16-2008, 10:19 PM
He's shooting 'Diary of the Dead II'. That's what postponed the American Zombie Horror Film Fest I entered until Feb. I made the semi-finals so far and they announce top 5 for him to judge then :D
CK

bloodrayne
10-17-2008, 01:30 AM
Well, it sucks that you can't take pictures...But, can't you still just GO and meet Romero?!...Seriously, I'd find a way to get in on that...At least TRY...Don't pass up this opportunity

OMG, what if you just happened to be there and they needed an extra for something, like just a guy standing around or something?...That would be TOO cool!

urgeok2
10-17-2008, 11:08 PM
well... no camera - but I drove Chris there (i have a GPS - he doesnt :))
and i spent 4.5 hours on the set... watching and chatting with some nice folks ... and freezing my ass off.

very very cool experience.

nothing funnier than seeing zombie extras standing around eating hamburgers.

if anything - i wish i had gitten a pic of that :)

Bub the Zombie
10-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Do you have a camera phone? That would have helped to take a couple of sneaky photos.

MisterSadistro
10-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Rather wished you'd wished his ass back to NC in order to judge the damn fest I'm in so I can get it over with :D Actually need to do some recuts they said I'd be allowed to after first round. Dunno how much of a difference it'll make since looking at the script and the movie are two completely different versions. I've been told to recast and shoot the script verbatim. Not so much into remakes, esp my own...
'Maybe....' (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=uMC0JgqcVLk)
in case anyone has 10 minutes to kill.
CK

bloodrayne
10-18-2008, 01:39 AM
well... no camera - but I drove Chris there (i have a GPS - he doesnt :))
and i spent 4.5 hours on the set... watching and chatting with some nice folks ... and freezing my ass off.

very very cool experience.

nothing funnier than seeing zombie extras standing around eating hamburgers.

if anything - i wish i had gitten a pic of that :)AWESOME!

I'm glad you were able to be there despite the picture thing

I would have LOVED to have been there

Great...Now I'm jealous :p

urgeok2
10-18-2008, 06:10 AM
AWESOME!

I'm glad you were able to be there despite the picture thing

I would have LOVED to have been there

Great...Now I'm jealous :p

it was incredibly cool...
I met the costume designer - who worked on saw II and up, the last couple of Romero films, Repo the Genetic Opera., the last 2 Ginger Snaps...etc..

Super nice girl .. i was freezing my ass off and she offered to get me a big warm jacket from wardrobe but i didnt want to be an imposition.

Later on she came by and gave Chris and i gloves and saved our lives.
What a nice person she was.

Hard to describe how cool it was to be surrounded by zombies everywhere ..
We were right on the set .. right beside the cameras - right beside george - right beside the actors. I made a career out of not being in the way. Last night I was the ninja :)

I got a couple of bullet shell casings as souvenirs off of the ground

Can't say much else about other than what i saw looked very cool and i cant wait to see this flick when it comes out !

bloodrayne
10-18-2008, 06:19 AM
it was incredibly cool...
I met the costume designer - who worked on saw II and up, the last couple of Romero films, Repo the Genetic Opera., the last 2 Ginger Snaps...etc..

Super nice girl .. i was freezing my ass off and she offered to get me a big warm jacket from wardrobe but i didnt want to be an imposition.

Later on she came by and gave Chris and i gloves and saved our lives.
What a nice person she was.

Hard to describe how cool it was to be surrounded by zombies everywhere ..
We were right on the set .. right beside the cameras - right beside george - right beside the actors. I made a career out of not being in the way. Last night I was the ninja :)

I got a couple of bullet shell casings as souvenirs off of the ground

Can't say much else about other than what i saw looked very cool and i cant wait to see this flick when it comes out !

OMG...Rub it in, why dontcha? lol

"right beside George"...That tops pretty much every 'cool' thing I have ever done and will probably ever do...And the ZOMBIES, too!...You are a VERY lucky guy :)...I love Romero...It's amazing that you had that opportunity, and I'm really happy for you

Still jealous, too :D

urgeok2
10-18-2008, 06:22 AM
OMG...Rub it in, why dontcha? lol

"right beside George"...That tops pretty much every 'cool' thing I have ever done and will probably ever do...You are a VERY lucky guy :)...I love Romero...It's amazing that you had that opportunity, and I'm really happy for you

Still jealous, too :D

well, i already met him and talked to him at the con a couple of years ago ... but it's a lot different to see him working.

I'll let you guys know when Chris's articles start to show up on his Fangoria Blog about the project.

urgeok2
10-18-2008, 06:25 AM
Do you have a camera phone? That would have helped to take a couple of sneaky photos.

oh god i'd never do that ...

Chris would get in shit and I'd never get an opportunity like that again.

i saw someone taking pics and was momentarily pissed - then i realized it was being done for continuity.

i'm sure that there will be some opportunities in the future.

Chris said he'd mention my name around in the proper circles to see if anyone needs a set photographer.. who knows - something might come of it.

pinkfloyd45769
10-18-2008, 06:26 AM
I hope none of the zombies took a bite out of ya;)

urgeok2
10-18-2008, 06:28 AM
I hope none of the zombies took a bite out of ya;)

no - they seemed to be quite happy with the hamburgers and soup :)

pinkfloyd45769
10-18-2008, 06:30 AM
So,no autograph?????:p

urgeok2
10-18-2008, 06:31 AM
So,no autograph?????:p

not a chance ... he wasnt even giving interviews ...

very serious business

pinkfloyd45769
10-18-2008, 06:33 AM
I hate seriousness.:D

bloodrayne
10-18-2008, 06:51 AM
it's a lot different to see him working.

Absolutely, an opportunity of a lifetime

Unless you DID pick up some jobs from it, then you would have chances like this all the time!...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...And you HAVE to let us know if anything comes from this.

urgeok2
10-18-2008, 07:02 AM
...And you HAVE to let us know if anything comes from this.

like i wouldnt crow about it ?

i'd make Rod look like captain timid :)