PDA

View Full Version : Freddy question

Sam The Egg
01-26-2004, 06:34 PM
Does Freddy know where his victems are while they're awake? Like...in FvsJ, when he killed the guy in the bathroom, he talked about how Jason wouldn't stop killing the kids. Did he know to pick that guy because he wasn't out in the open, or did he just get lucky and get someone that Jason wouldn't kill?

Rotting Eye
01-26-2004, 06:36 PM
I don't think Freddy know where his victims are when they're awake. They just have to make him kill kids at opportune moments so that the movies all tie in together.

He's supposed to be in people's dreams, not reality :P

Sam The Egg
01-26-2004, 06:37 PM
Okay. Side question. If Freddy is at a blank slate when the kid falls asleep, what dictates the dream? Does Freddy decide how the dream goes, or do they just have a dream and Freddy goes off of that?

Rotting Eye
01-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Humm.. I think that kid probably starts off the dream, and probably doesn't know that Freddy is in it. From there Freddy can take over the dream and dictate what he wants to happen.

Although, I've always thought that our own unconsious mind is supposed to control dreams. So technically, shouldn't we be able to kill Freddy, not the other way around :P

Unless Freddy is ultra-powerful mega mofo that can control us. Which I guess is the case in all of the movies heh.

otis
01-26-2004, 06:42 PM
I think he finds out when he goes into their dreams, where they are. I don't have proof but i think he does. He rules their mind and knows everything they know.

otis
01-26-2004, 06:44 PM
You can kill freddy. But if you fear him he becomes stronger than you. But if your not afraid you conquer.

Rotting Eye
01-26-2004, 06:45 PM
Uhhh.. In the first Freddy movie, at the end when the chick is saying blah blah blah i don't fear you, and he disappears.

Well what happened RIGHT after that? He came back and killed everyone.

Freddy is unkillable.

Sam The Egg
01-26-2004, 06:46 PM
come on, I think it's a pretty interesting thought, it should get more discussion than that.

Rotting Eye
01-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Well I said my two cents, ask everyone else to put in theirs :P

Evisceration
01-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Rotting is correct.

He doesn't need to know where you are. If you fall asleep, you fall asleep. But if you're outside of Springwood, you're pretty much safe from Freddy, he's kind of a curse to Springwood so to speak.

He only exists in dream, or your mind. You start off you're dream, but then Freddy invades it and fucks it up, you never start off where he is.

Example, In nightmare 4...I think it's nightmare 4...Kristin I believe learns that she can control her dreams, and she starts her dream on a beach to relax or whatever...what does Freddy do? Fuck it up.

Rotting Eye
01-26-2004, 06:55 PM
Heh that poses a question similar to poltergeist. Why did they stay in the house again? Well, why not just move out of Springwood? Stupid ass people.

Evisceration
01-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Rotting Eye
Heh that poses a question similar to poltergeist. Why did they stay in the house again? Well, why not just move out of Springwood? Stupid ass people.

New commers didn't know of Freddy. And no one lived in the house till after part 2.

bloodygurl02
01-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Uhhh.. In the first Freddy movie, at the end when the chick is saying blah blah blah i don't fear you, and he disappears.

Well what happened RIGHT after that? He came back and killed everyone.

Freddy is unkillable.

yes but in FvsJ none of them knew about him so he couldn't get to them in their dreams. so he used jason to set fear in to them so they would start to fear him again and get stronger. he only came back cuz the fear made him strongeer at the end of the first NOES they still knew whp he was so of curse they would still fear him and he would keeping coming back untill all the kids of elm stret were gone
if they would have moved out of springwood then no NOES movies oppurtuniites

otis
01-26-2004, 07:00 PM
2 was the worst. It didn't stay with the seires.

Well, he came back, but did he kill her? Don't they kill him in Freddy's Dead. Well, you can't kill him, just don't fear him. If you don't fear him, he can't hurt you.

Evisceration
01-26-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by bloodygurl02
yes but in FvsJ none of them knew about him so he couldn't get to them in their dreams. so he used jason to set fear in to them so they would start to fear him again and get stronger. he only came back cuz the fear made him strongeer at the end of the first NOES they still knew whp he was so of curse they would still fear him and he would keeping coming back untill all the kids of elm stret were gone
if they would have moved out of springwood then no NOES movies oppurtuniites

You are correct sir....erm...mam.

otis
01-26-2004, 07:01 PM
They've done that. Freddy's Dead. There was no kids in Springwood.

Evisceration
01-26-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by otis
2 was the worst. It didn't stay with the seires.

1. Neither did 5

2. Freddy's Dead is the worste by far.

3. Didn't they kill Jason? In like..all the movies...about...50 thousand times?

bloodygurl02
01-26-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Evisceration
You are correct sir....erm...mam.

thanx:D i guess

Evisceration
01-26-2004, 07:04 PM
They've done that. Freddy's Dead. There was no kids in Springwood.

The kids were brought to Springwood by Freddy.

This is why the movies bad.

"Every town has an Elm Street!"

After he wipes out every kid from Springwood, he goes global, going to every elm street, he finds a survivor from Springwood, brings him back there, and the kid is brought to a shelter with an article of Kathryns mother. (Freddy's wife) Therefore they go back to springwood...thus more children for Freddy.;)

Rotting Eye
01-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Yes, I know in FvJ he had to use Jason to bring back people's fear, but he wasn't dead was he? No. If he were dead, the movie wouldn't have been made.

And remember at the end of the movie, when he was decapitated? He winked. Winkage = not dead.

Point being, in number 1 she didn't fear him, but he still came back at the very end to kill everyone.

And I know that if everyone moved out of town, the newcomers wouldn't know about him. That's my point, if they don't know about him, they can't fear him, thus he'll be latent. Not dead, latent.

otis
01-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Do you like Freddy or Jason more? I hate Jason. Did he ever die? I thought he died when he drown when he was little, but did he live and something has kept him alive, or is he a zombie.

otis
01-26-2004, 07:09 PM
i am sorry, but i don't think he can die. They said if you bring him into the real world you can kill him but, he was already killed he is like a zombie too. He is already dead.

Evisceration
01-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Yes, I know in FvJ he had to use Jason to bring back people's fear, but he wasn't dead was he? No. If he were dead, the movie wouldn't have been made.

And remember at the end of the movie, when he was decapitated? He winked. Winkage = not dead.

Point being, in number 1 she didn't fear him, but he still came back at the very end to kill everyone.

And I know that if everyone moved out of town, the newcomers wouldn't know about him. That's my point, if they don't know about him, they can't fear him, thus he'll be latent. Not dead, latent.

At the end of FvsJ, they're in hell, thus, being able to wink. Thus him being dead.

And there always seems to be clues about Freddy in the town, thus them being scared of something....thus Freddy feeding off that fear. He doesn't need the children to fear him directly. Just something....then you're fucked.

bloodygurl02
01-26-2004, 07:10 PM
The kids were brought to Springwood by Freddy.

This is why the movies bad.

After he wipes out every kid from Springwood, he goes global, going to every elm street, he finds a survivor from Springwood, brings him back there, and the kid is brought to a shelter with an article of Kathryns mother. (Freddy's wife) Therefore they go back to springwood...thus more children for Freddy.;)

thats another good point there evisceration. but heres another question. the kids were gone but the parents were still there right? if thats true then y didn't freddy go after there parents to i mean they did burn him and all

Evisceration
01-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by bloodygurl02
thats another good point there evisceration. but heres another question. the kids were gone but the parents were still there right? if thats true then y didn't freddy go after there parents to i mean they did burn him and all

Because he just wanted to take their children to get his revenge. Thus the reason why they're all crazy.

Sam The Egg
01-26-2004, 07:12 PM
they never made it clear that it was Hell. Even in the commentary they said several things that it might be

Madman
01-26-2004, 07:12 PM
The kids couldnt move if they wanted to.Their parents aint just gonna up and move just becuz little johnny is having fucked up nightmares.Parents are and will always be skeptical,its in the rule book somewhere and it wouldnt be that interesting if the parents believed their kids.

Rotting Eye
01-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Uhh.. they weren't in hell. They were at Camp Whatsitcalled. Clearwater? Where Jason died. That's not hell :P

bloodygurl02
01-26-2004, 07:16 PM
Because he just wanted to take their children to get his revenge. Thus the reason why they're all crazy.

i know he wanted the kids as revenge but if he was running out of souls you would think he would go after the ppl that burned him. he could have feed of the fear from the adults. in FvsJ. they feared him enuff well the ones that knew of him and kept it on the down low so why didn't that make freddy stronger

Rotting Eye
01-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Because it wouldn't make a good movie duh.

Having him feed from adults' anger would make him too powerful, and would defeat the purpose of the movie.

avenger00soul
01-26-2004, 07:18 PM

Even though the movie is horrible, that is my favorite line from any Elm Street flick.

Sam The Egg
01-26-2004, 07:24 PM
ours doesn't. We have a street named after a friggen steak, but no Elm Street

Rotting Eye
01-26-2004, 07:25 PM
That's nothing. My neighborhood streets are named after cowboys and indians.

Freddy Krueger.
01-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Just to add, Freddy was sooo the winner in Freddy VS Jason. Not only did Jason hardly (discluding smashing him across the windows of the cabin) even scratched him until that crate rolled down and sent them flying, this hurting Freddy, but also Freddy kicked Jason's ass so bad in both worlds. Matter of fact if it wasnt for that barbie doll bitch girl cutting off his head Freddy would have made it all through the battle. I know most people think that because Freddy's head was cut off BEFORE Jason shut his eye while laying adrife in the water, badly beaten up, means that Jason was alive while Freddy died first, making Jason be the winner although they both "died". But think about it, at the end when (spoiler-->)

--->Freddy winked as Jason carried his head out of the water, means that even when his head was choped off in the water in the first place, he was still alive. Since Jason died as he closed his eye and snunk to the bottom of the lake means that Freddy one, seeing that he was alive even without his head. The fact that Jason comes back to life at the end doesnt matter, the fact is that he died while Freddy was still living. Like I said, the fact that Jason came back to life doesnt change anything, he died before he came back at the end. This is my story and I'm sticking to it!

otis
01-26-2004, 07:47 PM
There is a sequel. No one won. It was on The Daily SHow with John Stewart. I heard him say it. It also ruined the movie kind of. He even said it before it premeired.

He, if your wondering, is Robert.

Sam The Egg
01-26-2004, 07:48 PM
how do you know that Freddy didn't die and come back?

otis
01-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Neither one can fucking die really. They were both already dead.

Evisceration
01-27-2004, 03:40 AM
In the special features, these two clowns from the special effect department were discussing several ways of them ending up in hell.

They pictured hell being more mysterious and light, rather than this dark, gloomy firey place. They didn't have the money to do what they wanted, plus it looked too fake. So they ended up having Jason rise with Freddy's head.

Thus, they are in hell at the end of them movie.

You twats.;)

Je Suis Phnomne
01-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
Does Freddy know where his victems are while they're awake? Like...in FvsJ, when he killed the guy in the bathroom, he talked about how Jason wouldn't stop killing the kids. Did he know to pick that guy because he wasn't out in the open, or did he just get lucky and get someone that Jason wouldn't kill?

Doesnt freddy only come after those that know of him? Like with the kids, sure they may not all be tied together as in their parents were involved in killing freddy, but in one way or another didnt they all know of him? Sorta like the boogey man under the bed type story, even if they never directly feared him.

Everyone has a nightmare of two, and some way some how each of them drifted towards dreaming about freddy in some way, thereby giving him a portal to get in to their heads?

Evisceration
01-27-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Je Suis Phnomne
Doesnt freddy only come after those that know of him? Like with the kids, sure they may not all be tied together as in their parents were involved in killing freddy, but in one way or another didnt they all know of him? Sorta like the boogey man under the bed type story, even if they never directly feared him.

Everyone has a nightmare of two, and some way some how each of them drifted towards dreaming about freddy in some way, thereby giving him a portal to get in to their heads?

Exactly what I'm saying.

Sam The Egg
01-27-2004, 08:46 AM
In the special features, these two clowns from the special effect department were discussing several ways of them ending up in hell.

They pictured hell being more mysterious and light, rather than this dark, gloomy firey place. They didn't have the money to do what they wanted, plus it looked too fake. So they ended up having Jason rise with Freddy's head.

Thus, they are in hell at the end of them movie.

You twats.;)

Listen to the commentary on the DVD

Necromancer
01-27-2004, 08:56 AM
imo, the whole series just doesn't make any sense, i still wonder how freddy came back in part 4, i mean his mother said, they have to do this and that and freddy will stop killing people, i mean she must know it best, because she was sent from above,lol,

Sam The Egg
01-27-2004, 09:03 AM
Freddy's mom is no match for Money

HighPriestWise
01-27-2004, 09:32 AM
I think Freddy could kick anyone's ass!
I wish they would make more Freddy movies!

HAIL SATAN!!!
High Priest Wise

Evisceration
01-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Freddy's mom is no match for Money

Except on Saturday nights.

Listen to the commentary on the DVD

Watch the special features. They tell you. Straight to your face.

otis
01-27-2004, 12:26 PM
He came back because he is unstoppable. Plus, his mom was wrong.

otis
01-27-2004, 12:28 PM
wasn't both of them already in hell? so how would them dying and going to hell affect anything? They are both already dead and nothing can stop either one.

Evisceration
01-27-2004, 12:42 PM
wasn't both of them already in hell? so how would them dying and going to hell affect anything? They are both already dead and nothing can stop either one.

Jason is ressurected by Freddy, Freddy by Jason, so they're alive.

Good job Einstein.

otis
01-27-2004, 12:47 PM
no.... Jason didn't bring freddy back. He was already back, he justed needed fear.

Evisceration
01-27-2004, 12:50 PM
no.... Jason didn't bring freddy back. He was already back, he justed needed fear.

Exactly.

otis
01-27-2004, 12:53 PM
so why did you say that then???

Evisceration
01-27-2004, 12:59 PM
so why did you say that then???

Holy shit.

Ok, I'll dumb it down for you as good as I can...or...as horrible as I can.

Jason is ressurected by Freddy, Freddy by Jason, so they're alive.

Jason didn't bring freddy back. He was already back, he justed needed fear.

HHMMMMMM...well I guess you're thinking...'GEE! WAHT DOS TAT MEEN??//?"

Freddy is in hell, as he states in the begining, he ressurects Jason so he can be ressurected to kill in Springwood. He is ressurected through fear.

DUH!

:rolleyes:

otis
01-27-2004, 01:03 PM
But then what the fuck is the point, he will find someone else.... and then if it goes bad..... he will find someone else....
I thought Jason couldn't die???? Freddy was already dead, he has always been since they burned him... And he came back before without jason... SO does that mean Freddy is better...

Sam The Egg
01-27-2004, 01:06 PM
maybe he could still inhabit their dreams but just wasn't strong enough to do anything about it.

Evisceration
01-27-2004, 01:06 PM
But then what the fuck is the point, he will find someone else.... and then if it goes bad..... he will find someone else....
I thought Jason couldn't die???? Freddy was already dead, he has always been since they burned him... And he came back before without jason... SO does that mean Freddy is better...

They only followed right after Jason Goes To Hell when Freddy grabs his mask, they exclude Jason X from the Jason story, as for the NOES series, I think they exclude just NN. Jason died in JGTH, thats the reason why Freddy found him in hell.

And Jasons always came back without Freddy. The only reason why Freddy kept comming back is because his story was still floating around town.

agoniste
01-27-2004, 01:41 PM
i am pretty sure that the scene when jason gets out of the water with freddy's head is not in the real world..

1:Freddy is winking
2:Jason got his fingers back?
3:look at the fog when they get out of water,it'S almost surreal imo

imo i think they are in the dream world.
anyone agree?:confused:

Evisceration
01-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by agoniste
i am pretty sure that the scene when jason gets out of the water with freddy's head is not in the real world..

1:Freddy is winking
2:Jason got his fingers back?
3:look at the fog when they get out of water,it'S almost surreal imo

imo i think they are in the dream world.
anyone agree?:confused:

If they were in the dream world, Freddy would have his body.

Sam The Egg
01-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Maybe it's Jason's dream. Remember when Freddy was in his head, and he was pulling bodies out of the lake?

Evisceration
01-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Maybe it's Jason's dream. Remember when Freddy was in his head, and he was pulling bodies out of the lake?

Good point....but if Freddy is in his dream, and Freddy is a dream invader...why would Freddy but himself in such a position?:confused:

Sam The Egg
01-27-2004, 01:56 PM
could be one of 2 reasons
number A) Freddy just got killed in the real world, he may not have been strong enough yet to get his body back

second) He was toying with Jason, allowing him to think he'd won so he could manipulate him into going after Leatherface (http://www.darknightfilms.com/JvsLDownload.html)

BTW, how does he get back into the dream world whenever he gets pulled out, anyways?

Evisceration
01-27-2004, 02:00 PM
could be one of 2 reasons
number A) Freddy just got killed in the real world, he may not have been strong enough yet to get his body back

second) He was toying with Jason, allowing him to think he'd won so he could manipulate him into going after Leatherface (http://www.darknightfilms.com/JvsLDownload.html)

BTW, how does he get back into the dream world whenever he gets pulled out, anyways?

lol, that movie was funny as hell. But your first point is logical.

And I've always wondered about him getting back into the dream world. Part 6 explains it sort of, but it's stupid and vague.

They said that when he died (Got burned to death), these Dream Demons gave him the power to keep coming back into dreams, no matter how many times he is 'killed'.

So that's all I really know about that.

agoniste
01-27-2004, 02:13 PM
my point is that ,like sam the egg said,Freddy is toying with Jason.
But one thing i don't understand.Just Before Freddy Reanimate Jason,Jason kills a girl and see some of his victims.
the thing i wonder is,Does Jason is Dreaming and if not,does Jason always imagine that when he kills someone and thinks what he does his good..

:confused:

Evisceration
01-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Yes, the begining is a dream he has, which I don't quite understand if he's dead.

One of the many 'plotknots' of a horror movie.

otis
01-27-2004, 06:09 PM
Just asking, but i swore he didn't have the fingers. I know, I know, how would he hold the head then??? But, he still had half the fingers. I might be wrong, but my copy is at someone else's house so i can't see it.

Evisceration
01-27-2004, 06:29 PM
I don't think he had the fingers either, I remember checking one time, but I'm about 80% sure he doesn't.

But I'm not going to check...just because...I'm not.

Freddy Krueger.
01-28-2004, 03:59 PM
Just to add:
Any idiot that thinks that Leather Face would stand a chance against Jason should just leave the planet of reality and back to you're home planet of fiction. And for anyone to think that Freddy and/or Jason should head out for someone else like Ash, Pinhead, Leather Face, ect. should have their heads examined. Freddy and Jason should only try to kill each other, and other two different people should go after some one else. I mean if you would like to see Leather Face of some one in a Verus movie, then OK, I have nothing against that, I'm just saying that to put anyone else in the match against Freddy and Jason is just plain out stupid.

Evisceration
01-28-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Freddy Krueger.
Just to add:
Any idiot that thinks that Leather Face would stand a chance against Jason should just leave the planet of reality and back to you're home planet of fiction. And for anyone to think that Freddy and/or Jason should head out for someone else like Ash, Pinhead, Leather Face, ect. should have their heads examined. Freddy and Jason should only try to kill each other, and other two different people should go after some one else. I mean if you would like to see Leather Face of some one in a Verus movie, then OK, I have nothing against that, I'm just saying that to put anyone else in the match against Freddy and Jason is just plain out stupid.

Yes sir, your HIGH ness.:rolleyes:

Arioch
01-28-2004, 08:46 PM
LOL that movie was priceless.

HighPriestWise
01-29-2004, 09:49 AM
What about Freddy VS the Exorcist girl??
Who would win??

High Priest Wise

epilepsia
01-30-2004, 01:19 AM
jasons fingers are chopped off when he rises out of the waters with freddys head in the end, i checked it personally.
and reason why freddy goes after the kids is not only because he wanted revenge for what the parents did, he was a kiddie fiddler. thus.

HighPriestWise
01-31-2004, 09:12 AM
I never thought of that. How does he hold onto Freddy's head then?

High Priest Wise

otis
01-31-2004, 09:16 AM
His fingers aren't all the way chopped. They are halfway. Just enough where he can't grip his machete. But he can still kind of palm and a little bit of grip his head.

HighPriestWise
02-03-2004, 10:13 AM
That makes since.
But since Freddy wrinks at us while Jason is holding his head, who won, Freddy or Jason?

HIGH PRIEST WISE

armydarkness
02-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by epilepsia
reason why freddy goes after the kids is not only because he wanted revenge for what the parents did, he was a kiddie fiddler. thus.

one of the big reasons he goes back to just children dreams is because he clearly states in FvJ, it was the children that gave him his power to invade thier dreams, so if he goes to parents dreams he could lose their power, and parents are harder to scare than children. kids beleive anything they hear or say. duh.

HighPriestWise
02-03-2004, 01:07 PM
I don't know. If I saw Freddy in my dream, I'd be pretty scared!

HIGH PRIEST WISE