PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed - Horror Adverts

Mean_Go_Getter
01-23-2004, 06:10 AM
Esteemed Forum,

Trying to compile a list of TV adverts with a Horror theme. The link can be as tenuous as you want and you can go back as far as you want.

Any ideas ?

Regards,
Mean :)

dmihatmttl
01-23-2004, 06:52 AM
Well, Stephen King did the Mastercard commercial back in the 80's. Or was it Traveller's Checks? That was cool . . . .

One of my favorites -- maybe not *quite* horror, but I always thought it was a tad unsettling -- was the "Got Milk" commercial about the magician who's doing his act for a bunch of senior citizens at a nursing home. During his grand finale, he makes a glass of milk disappear.

These milk-lovin' old folks don't like that at all. The final image is of the guy cowering from them as they hobble toward him on their canes and walkers, preparing to do God knows what . . . .

I love it. :)

There was also a similiar "Got Milk" commercial, IIRC, about a lady who owns a bunch of cats. She runs out of milk. One of the final images that has stuck with me about that commercial years later . . . was a single paw reaching up to hit the lights, as the furious felines slowly advanced upon their owner.

Great stuff,

James N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html

bwind22
01-23-2004, 07:24 AM
theres one that shows how a vampire eats a reese's peanut butter cup but i dont know a link to it, i just remember seeing it from back in the day

avenger00soul
01-23-2004, 07:27 PM
There's a Nike commercial (I believe) where a human soccer team is facing a demon soccer team.

I think Count Chocula and Frankenberry used to have commercials too.

Sam The Egg
01-23-2004, 10:18 PM
They've got horror themed every kind of commercial around Halloween.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-23-2004, 10:58 PM
My favorite was the Joe Piscopo Night of the Living Dead ad campaign for whatever beer it was---Miller, Budweiser, something. He was locked in the house and the zombies would beat on the door and chant the name of the beer. They even put big BW stand-ups in all the stores.

That Frankenstein/arthritis medicine commercial showing now is pretty funny, too.

StepfatherFan
01-24-2004, 12:31 AM
Has everyone forgotten the garlic Ritz commercial with the vampire?

avenger00soul
01-24-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
My favorite was the Joe Piscopo Night of the Living Dead ad campaign for whatever beer it was---Miller, Budweiser, something. He was locked in the house and the zombies would beat on the door and chant the name of the beer. They even put big BW stand-ups in all the stores.

I would pay to see this.

dmihatmttl
01-24-2004, 07:50 AM
Yep, I remember that one. Lots o' fun.

Whatever happened to Joe, anyway?

J.N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html

avenger00soul
01-24-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by dmihatmttl
Whatever happened to Joe, anyway?

"Sidekicks" happened to Joe. That and all the other shitty roles he picked. His shitty career may have given him cult statis though. Johnny Dangerously and Dead Heat are still awesome though.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-24-2004, 09:02 AM
Speaking of Dead Heat (and aren't we always), Anchor Bay is releasing it this Tues for 10 bucks. Cool.

avenger00soul
01-24-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Speaking of Dead Heat (and aren't we always), Anchor Bay is releasing it this Tues for 10 bucks. Cool.

Awesome, I knew it was coming out. I didn't know it was going to be 10 bucks though. Great price.