PDA

View Full Version : Favorite scene in TCM?

StepfatherFan
01-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Mine has got to be the part where the "Hitchhiker" starts cutting himself with the straight razor in those tennager's van. The way he keeps laughing and bleeding all over the place made ME laugh so hard, my stomach was sore for weeks.

last bad move
01-22-2004, 11:42 PM
the hook scene for sure its the best

Arioch
01-23-2004, 01:53 AM
where we first see leatherface and he smashes that guy in the head. Then he throws the body inside and slams that metal door and we get that low bass note in the soundtrack. Made the movie for me.

mudsliptones
01-23-2004, 06:04 AM
hook
hook
hook
hook
:D :D :D :D :D :D

ChaoticMinister
01-23-2004, 06:15 AM
When leatherface opens the door and revvs up the saw.

"Bring it, boy, bring it!"

Drool...

I was clapping and cheering so hard in the theatre that my friend who was with me couldn't help but laugh.

*FADE OUT*

buddy
01-23-2004, 06:20 AM
the chainsaw wheelchair scene of course!

bwind22
01-23-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Arioch
where we first see leatherface and he smashes that guy in the head. Then he throws the body inside and slams that metal door and we get that low bass note in the soundtrack. Made the movie for me.

ditto

this scene defined how creepy a horror movie can/should be for me, too

bwind22
01-23-2004, 07:27 AM
i just realized that some of the posts are talking about the original TCM and some are talking about the remake. mine is in reference to the original. the remakes okay, but it doesnt hold a candle to the original.

avenger00soul
01-23-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Arioch

Couldn't have said it better. You forgot about the guy's body twitching though.:)

mictlan
01-23-2004, 08:52 AM
The 1974 version has so many great scenes... I could watch it over and over again.

Everything that has already been mentioned:
the hitchhiker sequence
the hook
the sledge, drag and door slam

The pre-credit sequence with the camera flashes and metallic/violin sounds.

Anything with Franklin, Ed Neal, Jim Siedow.

Walking in the house and seeing feathers and bones everywhere.

Leatherface looking out the window and crying.

The seizure in the freezer.

Marilyn Burns sees something (a torso?) in the smoker and realizes that it ain't over yet.

Marilyn Burns wakes up in the farmhouse and starts screaming, because she realizes that it still ain't over yet.

The chainsaw dance at the end.

I think I'm going to watch it again.

Arioch
01-23-2004, 11:46 AM
You forgot about the guy's body twitching though.

Thats right, that was also a very disturbing addition to that scene.

The chainsaw dance at the end.

Oh yeah, the only way to end this movie. Unlike certian unnamed remakes with blair witch project endings:rolleyes: what a disgrace...

StepfatherFan
01-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Yeah, the whole movie is full of great scenes, but since I'm really into black humor, I really think Ed Neil gave the comic relief performance worthy of an award. LOLOLOL His face!!!LOLOLOL I remember my Mother saying that birthmark on his face made him look like a turkey. LOLOLOLOL Another great part is at the dinner table, when he is arguing with the older brother, and says "Your just the cook!" LMAO!!!!! That guy just looked so deformed. Funniest shit I have ever seen in a horror film, by far.

Godspeed
01-23-2004, 04:34 PM
vote on the poll, there's a poll for best scene in a thread

Elvis_Christ
01-23-2004, 05:52 PM
The hook scene for sure! I haven't seen the remake yet it hasn't been released over here looking foward to it tho even tho it seems an unessesary remake. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

MACHETEBIG1
01-24-2004, 06:22 AM
the whole thing but i expecially liked the shaft where leatherface first comes i think i almost shit on myself but in the new movie it was the hook and the salt was awesome

KRUGERKID13
01-24-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by bwind22
i just realized that some of the posts are talking about the original TCM and some are talking about the remake. mine is in reference to the original. the remakes okay, but it doesnt hold a candle to the original.

what he said

best scene for me was when she relises the guy at the gas station was is one of them.

Sam The Egg
01-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Franklin dying. I hated that guy.

Also, the first scene Leatherface is in, with the hammer. It's like...it happens, drags him in, door shuts, and that's it. No chasing or screaming or hardly any violence, just that and then nothing.

StepfatherFan
01-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
Franklin dying. I hated that guy.

Also, the first scene Leatherface is in, with the hammer. It's like...it happens, drags him in, door shuts, and that's it. No chasing or screaming or hardly any violence, just that and then nothing.

Well, I must say that your avatar and sig are a definate improvement.

Sam The Egg
01-24-2004, 02:39 PM
if you'd been here for more than 2 days you'd know that my sig, avatar and title change quite a bit.

StepfatherFan
01-24-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
if you'd been here for more than 2 days you'd know that my sig, avatar and title change quite a bit.

Well, how could I have been here more than 2 days, when I just found the site ummmmm....... 2 days ago?

Sam The Egg
01-24-2004, 02:45 PM
I didn't say you should have been here, I just said if you were you'd know.

Wicked Lady
01-25-2004, 01:48 AM
I was always creeped out by the part where they have their grandfather try to break the girls head open...I thought he was dead at first !