PDA

View Full Version : my real life horror

pinkfloyd45769
06-29-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm addicted to painkillers.I have thought about putting this out in the open for awhile and just decided to do it.Its not a fun habit to have,its expensive,its annoying,its just not fun.I could go on and on telling you guys whats its like to be on these,but i'm not sure what its like to be on,only i'm not sure what normal is like anymore.My skin crawls,my stomach is sick,i'm pissed off and all i want is a painer.I'm getting off of them little by little,a little closer everyday.It sucks when you know you have to do something and you just don't want to.This tiny pill can make everything better,why give that up?!I want to because of my kids,i love them too much to keep it going.Im still a good mom to them i just want to be better.So thats it,thats my real horror...its more scary than any movie out there!

ferretchucker
06-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Really sorry to hear that. But the fact is, and I think you know this, if you go without the painkillers, eventually it will go away for good. If you have them, your just postponing the return of the pain. I really hope you get over this. We all care about you.

Psycom5k
06-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Pink, is there anybody that can help you with this? Because I would suggest going to some kind of rehab, or keeping somebody with you at all times, so that they can make sure you don't take a single one. You need to get off of them all at once, and get it out of your body. i allready see that you want to, but painkillers are hard, its almost like crack after you are addicted to them. I have a friend going through this now. she tries to slow down on them but everytime she lapses and gets worse. Its best to go through hell for a short time, than to torture yourself over a long period of time. But trust me, your a mom, you have the best reason in the world to do it, your child. And moms can do amazing things when it involves their kids. I have faith in you.

Angra
06-29-2008, 02:17 PM
I think Allmykids had the same addiction.

Maybe you should talk to her about it, If she ever comes back. Maybe you can help each other. I don't know.

ChronoGrl
06-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Babe, you realize that you have a problem... That's the first step.

Think about your health and your beautiful kids... And professional help might really help with it.

Good luck, though. Just remember: You're cared about.

Dante'sInferno
06-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Thats right,we care about you!I hope you get better.You have strong motivation though,your doing it because of your kids.Which is good.I wish you the best.:)

illdojo
06-29-2008, 03:39 PM
That sucks Pinky, I'm sorry. My roommate has been in the same boat for over 13 years. He was helplessly addicted to Opiates like Vicodin, Lortab, and Oxycontin. Well, one day he decided he'd had enough...so he went to his doctor and he prescribed him Methadone in pill form. Personally, I think it's a bad idea to trade one drug for another, but in his case, it works. He's able to maintain a better life now, opposed to then when he was on pain killers.
I'm NOT perfect. I have my addictions...but I've kicked a pretty bad Cocaine habit. Now it's on to Cigarettes and Booze.
At the end of the day...you only have one life. The sooner you quit the pill poppin' the better...for your child and you...Trust me, sweetie. :cool:

horrorobsessed
06-29-2008, 05:29 PM
i'm so sorry, and i wish you the best.

as a kid, i know it feels to have a mom who has your problem. i grew up with my mom into drugs (later i found out that it was more intense than i realized at that age...i was about 5 or 6). she had been involved with them for a very long time, but once she finally realized that she had a serious problem she went into drup treatment...and my sister and i went into foster care for a little over a year. it was really hard, for all of us. what pissed me off majorly though was that i had to see a psychiatrist and since i had very frequent nightmares they wouldn't let me watch horror movies. they also thought i was depressed and had diabetes. idiots.

but my sister and i then got to go home, because my mom got over her addictions. like dante said, you have the greatest motivation possible. i seriously don't think my mom would've kicked it if she didn't have me and my sister to fight for. however, she still fights with an addiction to painkillers still. it's nothing major, just a binge about everyother month. i'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything, but from experience it's not pleasant watching your mom (the one's that supposed to be the adult...the strong one) be in that state. it hurts me a lot, and pisses me off too cause i know she's better than that. in fact, it's one of the reasons my sister left home.

i know though, if you're anything like my mom, that you are VERY strong. therefore, you can kick you addiction's ass. i wish you the best.

stubbornforgey
06-29-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm addicted to painkillers.I have thought about putting this out in the open for awhile and just decided to do it.Its not a fun habit to have,its expensive,its annoying,its just not fun.I could go on and on telling you guys whats its like to be on these,but i'm not sure what its like to be on,only i'm not sure what normal is like anymore.My skin crawls,my stomach is sick,i'm pissed off and all i want is a painer.I'm getting off of them little by little,a little closer everyday.It sucks when you know you have to do something and you just don't want to.This tiny pill can make everything better,why give that up?!I want to because of my kids,i love them too much to keep it going.Im still a good mom to them i just want to be better.So thats it,thats my real horror...its more scary than any movie out there!

After everything you have been going through sister-boo.As one of your many friends in here, do I take you by the scruff of the collar and shake you till your head falls off or do i standby and watch you move in a path of self destruction and offer you more advice like everyone else.
You are a very strong woman [despite] and you are one of those ppl whose strength I had always admired, You are loved, adored and when times get tough , a very great freind who has given herself to everyone of us when we were down ,in one part or another.Get well soon hon and always remember that at any given time,,,there will always be somebody [if not all of us] out here for you .
Love you dearly pink
Stubbs

Doc Faustus
06-30-2008, 07:54 AM
It's tough living without such an efficient quick fix, it really is. I still find myself craving Valium from a very bad judgment call a doctor made for me in high school. Luckily, I have no insurance and don't have the money to buy the stuff. Seven years and I still feel like having some if things are going bad. Just remember that the pills don't want to help you. Work against the spirit and the intent of the addiction and it can be wrestled. Remember that it is now a part of your psyche and body like any other part and like any other part, it can be fought, although it's much harder. I wish you the best and advise you to keep close tabs on your psyche. If you believe in divination/fortune telling, daily readings help. If you remember your dreams, keep track of them. Exercise, water and give yourself little things you want when other things come out. If you're weaning yourself off painkillers, nobody's going to judge you for having an extra piece of cake. It will help, because it's a little bit of power you're taking back and it's a little bit of happiness you're giving yourself. My prayers and sympathies are with you. This is tough. Burroughs once wrote "the face of evil is the face of total need" and it's true.

stubbornforgey
06-30-2008, 08:46 AM
I wholeheartedly apologise for my previous reply in here to which i edited.

I used the word pity which was not the word I was looking for.
I know in my heart that our sister would never look or ask for that and again..
from the bottom of my heart ..I sincerely apologise

novakru
06-30-2008, 04:50 PM
I have no experience in this area but I think you are a strong, beautiful female that completely and utterly has the ability and strength to get through this.
Good luck Maggie!

07-17-2008, 07:44 PM
hey pink you aint alone ive been through this same thing, lost everything but my family lost all my worldly possesions it got so bad that nothing mattered other than getting my fix . Then the doctor put me on methadone and it works i now lead a happy productive life. You gotta want to do it for yourself, this will not work if you do it for your family (trust me on this)Anyway this was my way out maybe it will work for you

russ4lsu
07-17-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about your problem, Pink. My sister has the same problem. She had surgery a couple of years ago and her soon to be ex-husband didn't monitor her meds right and she became addicted. She has kids as well and it is very difficult to see what the pills have done not only to herself about also the kids. Just a bit of advise: If your family tries to confront you about your problem, know that they are doing it because they love you not because they are attacking you. Your family will be the most important thing for you during this troubling time.

I wish you all the best and I hope you punch these pills in the face. :D

DarkwingMantis
07-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Hey pink, I know what you are going through. I had a friend that was addicted to pain killers. The thing is I would suggest getting some help. Trying to kick it cold turkey and alone is like swatting flies with a baseball bat. You will need the support of people that can give it. Plus it can be almost as dangerous just dropping them as it will be a terible shock to your body. Seek a doctors care and you can beat this