PDA

View Full Version : Weird!

Disease
05-21-2008, 06:35 AM
I was checking out some site that a guy told me about yesterday for watching free sport online etc. I don't need to use it as I have cable but I was just curious what he ment about it.

Anyway, firfox started playing up, now I've lost all my bookmarks, and everytime I turn the computer on and go to use the net it comes up with bullshit installing google toolbar, I can't seem to uninstall the toolbar, everything has just gone weird.

Somebody, Help ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missmacabre
05-21-2008, 06:48 AM
I was checking out some site that a guy told me about yesterday for watching free sport online etc. I don't need to use it as I have cable but I was just curious what he ment about it.

Anyway, firfox started playing up, now I've lost all my bookmarks, and everytime I turn the computer on and go to use the net it comes up with bullshit installing google toolbar, I can't seem to uninstall the toolbar, everything has just gone weird.

Somebody, Help ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno what to tell ya. My brother downloaded something, that in turn downloaded yahoo search toolbar and I can't get rid of it.

Despare
05-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Download spyware removers off another computer and install them on yours. I suggest the combination of Spybot and Adaware which are both free. Run them in safe mode and make sure you follow with a virus scan.

urgeok2
05-21-2008, 07:01 AM
your bookmarks are gone from the toolbar - but are they still in your profile ?

neverending
05-21-2008, 07:06 AM
You've been infected.

Disease
05-21-2008, 12:18 PM
your bookmarks are gone from the toolbar - but are they still in your profile ?

I can't find them anyware, it is as though firefox has been reinstalled, but I didn't do that.. Virus scans with AVG have shown nothing... I'll try a few things with some disks I've got with free spyware programs on them...

neverending
05-21-2008, 12:24 PM
IMO you should go to pcpitstop and do a full system scan.

Disease
05-22-2008, 05:25 AM
IMO you should go to pcpitstop and do a full system scan.

Have you ever used it? I just want to be sure that it won't make anything worse..

neverending
05-22-2008, 06:02 AM
Yes, many times.