PDA

View Full Version : A Nightmare on Elm Street -random thoughts-

PsychoticPanda
01-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Spoilers below

NOOO. I just hated that Johnny Depp's character died in that movie. :( it's so sad. I think that's why I hate Freddy so much.

I'm about to watch Once Upon A Time in Mexico! YAY! YAY! Johnny Depp is so fucking hott!

I don't mind Johnny dying in movies, but he was like...sucked into his bed.

Jason rules.

Digital Murders
01-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Erm...your a girl aren't you?

If you watch horror movie, which I assume you do, you'd know that lesser known actors always die in movies. Think about it, if he survived in the movie, would he be as big of a star as he is now?

Just think about that.

Arioch
01-20-2004, 02:43 PM
I'm about to watch Once Upon A Time in Mexico! YAY! YAY! Johnny Depp is so fucking hott!

People like this are what keep Orlando Bloom in movies:rolleyes:

Ultimamk
01-20-2004, 03:36 PM
Is it just me, or is Freddy's mask fucked up in New Nightmare?

Digital Murders
01-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Ultimamk

It's also fucked up in Freddy vs Jason.

Arioch
01-20-2004, 04:51 PM
his make up looks different in freddy vs. jason. It looks like he goes through 3 different looks through out the film (counting the crazy demon look at the end which owns btw)

Digital Murders
01-20-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Arioch
his make up looks different in freddy vs. jason. It looks like he goes through 3 different looks through out the film (counting the crazy demon look at the end which owns btw)

Yeah, I liked the demon one.

I believe he looked his best in NOES2. Theres was very little light, but just enough to see his face. It was great.

bloodygurl02
01-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Ultimamk

i have to agree w/ u on that. it looked like they just went out and bought the halloween mask of freddy out of a hlloween store and put it on robert englund. freddy just didn't look as good in the other movies. in the other movies at least it didn't look like a halloween mask and instead it looked more realistic

mudsliptones
01-21-2004, 12:52 AM
didn't they alterred his mask every movie?

he looks different each one

Arioch
01-21-2004, 02:00 AM
i agree mud, i think they did it different in each one.

Damn you guys!!!! now your gonna make me watch new nightmare again, and im gonna hate it because his makeup is gonna look cheesy. FUCK!!!!

Digital Murders
01-21-2004, 04:30 AM
The only reason why I think they gave Freddy such a new look is because in Wes's mind it isn't the Freddy Heather has known in the movies, it isn't Robert, its some other Freddy who just so happens to be based off the movies.

That's why it's different.

Macabre_Maiden
01-21-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Digital Murders
The only reason why I think they gave Freddy such a new look is because in Wes's mind it isn't the Freddy Heather has known in the movies, it isn't Robert, its some other Freddy who just so happens to be based off the movies.

That's why it's different.

Exactly! If you actually observe the character of Freddy in New Nightmare, he's not the old Freddy at all. He's supposed to be more demonic and evil than ever... And he is! And they wanted the viewers to be able to separate Freddy from Robert, interesting tactic! He also has a different style of shirt (same ol' colours though) and leather pants.

*fear her inner Freddy freak is showing and runs away*

Digital Murders
01-21-2004, 06:30 AM
His hat is different too. Glove too. Also he is wearing dominatrix like boots. And the trench coat adds to character I think.

wayne
01-21-2004, 07:18 AM
you know, despite his "sex symbol" status, i genuinly do think johnny depp is a great actor.

PsychoticPanda
01-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I'm a girl.

Anyway, I don't care if he dies in a movie, I just thought his death in NOES was sad. :(

But, yeah, his mask did look fucked up in New Nightmare. Rather than looking rubber, it looked kind of plastic I thought.

Back in August he was on "The New Tom Green Show" and he was talking about Freddy Vs. Jason, and talking about Freddy's costume in the movie. He said they tried to make it look as close to the original as possible. Because, he's getting older and it's harder to put the Freddy face on him. He also said he didn't want the rubber to look so fake that he looked like a used condom in the movie.

Arioch
01-21-2004, 02:13 PM
His hat is different too. Glove too. Also he is wearing dominatrix like boots. And the trench coat adds to character I think.

I WILL have those boots someday.:D

crazy clown
01-21-2004, 02:16 PM
yeah man i loved the trench coat the freddy wore in the movie.

freddy is diff. in new nightmare he looked different because it was a completely differetn film.

Sam The Egg
01-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Freddy jumped the shark the moment he uttered the following line: "Now I'm playin with power!" I mean, at least that's when he

*Spoiler*

Killed Brecken Meyer, but still...

Digital Murders
01-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Arioch
I WILL have those boots someday.:D

I kind of have a pair of those, except for one tiny thing, they have this metal part on the front of it.

Those are my ass kickin boots.