PDA

View Full Version : New (to me) Brentwood box of love

mictlan
01-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Anyone ever get those Brentwood multi-DVD boxes? I bought my third yesterday, Horro Rises from the Grave. It's a four DVD set, $6 at Best Buy.

The films are
-Horror Rises from the Tomb - great Paul Naschy zombies and witches.
-Zombie Flesh Eaters - I was happy to find that Zombie Flesh Eaters is a retitled Armando D'Ossori Knights Tempar film! I hadn't seen it before... it's the one that takes place on the boat. If you liked the Fog, you should check it out.
-Zombie Hell House - a new title for Fulci's House by the Cemetery. Atmospheric, silly, gory.
Night of the Ghoul - Peter Cushing and John Hurt. Haven't watched it yet.

rikki
01-20-2004, 12:04 PM
SWEET! I didn't know they had these at Best Buy. I'll have to stop by there and browse through their selections. Thanks!

I bought a 4 movie 2 DVD set from Wal-Mart for $5.50 - they were all made by the same company (can't remember which) and were spotlighted during the AMC Monsterfest. I got: The Brain That Wouldn't Die, The Atomic Brain, Night Tides (I think that's the name, it has DENNIS HOPPER in it!) and the Carnival of Souls.

Wal-Mart has a whole bunch of movies for $5.50 and quite a few of them are old school horror flicks. They also have a 2 DVD special w/In Dreams and the Ring for $18.77. I picked up An American Werewolf in Paris and Creepshow for $5.50 each (Joe's Apartment, too - I love that movie!).

Sam The Egg
01-20-2004, 12:41 PM
man, 'box of love' sounds really dirty