PDA

View Full Version : Horror movies you never finished watching?

PsychoticPanda
01-19-2004, 07:44 PM
I have a few I've only seen some of, for various reasons:

-The Night Flier- K, I like vampire movies, but I stopped watching this one halfway through because it wasn't what I thought it was and it was boring.

-Night of the Creeps- My TV messed up, and I missed about a half hour through the middle of it.

-The Shining- I watched about half of it, then got tired and went to bed-

Others, too. Can't think of them now, though.

What about you?

avenger00soul
01-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Man, you quit watching some good movies.

Angelakillsluts
01-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Jeepers Creepers. I was enjoying the movie, but i had to go. My friend told me the end would have ruined it for me anyway. lol

mudsliptones
01-20-2004, 01:16 PM
this is a simple question

answer: NONE!

Digital Murders
01-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Evil Dead 2 and Army Of Darkness (Evil Dead 3)

The only reason why I got through the first one was because I was fucked up and was actually scared.

I didn't want to get raped by trees.:eek:

KRUGERKID13
01-20-2004, 02:40 PM
first off how could you fall asleep during the shining its one of the gretest films of all time.

Also the end to jeepers creepers does ruin it

dmihatmttl
01-21-2004, 05:37 AM
I've never gotten all the way through LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (though I'd probably give that one another chance), any Fulci film besides ZOMBIE or HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, any Argento film besides SUSPIRIA or PHENOMENA, and barely made it through 10 minutes of I STILL KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER.

I know, I know. And I call myself a horror fan. :P

Go ahead and flame me. I can take it (although I don't see too many flames headed my way for I.S.K.W.Y.D.L.S).

James N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html

avenger00soul
01-21-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by dmihatmttl
I've never gotten all the way through LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (though I'd probably give that one another chance), any Fulci film besides ZOMBIE or HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, any Argento film besides SUSPIRIA or PHENOMENA, and barely made it through 10 minutes of I STILL KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER.

I know, I know. And I call myself a horror fan. :P

Go ahead and flame me. I can take it (although I don't see too many flames headed my way for I.S.K.W.Y.D.L.S).

I won't flame you for any of that. Although I have a hard time believing that House by the Cemetery was easier to sit through than Fulci's other films (It's the only one I find to be truly boring). Makes me wonder which other ones you tried to watch.

dabruce16
01-21-2004, 09:14 AM
i couldn't make it through all of i zombie. it was decent, but i had enough.

avenger00soul
01-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by dabruce16
i couldn't make it through all of i zombie. it was decent, but i had enough.

"Zombie" Or "I, Zombie?"

_Leatha_Face_
01-21-2004, 11:42 AM
lol sorry avenger but u know its coming

28 days later

avenger00soul
01-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by _Leatha_Face_
lol sorry avenger but u know its coming

28 days later

So you didn't finish watching the movie Leatha?

_Leatha_Face_
01-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
So you didn't finish watching the movie Leatha? no me and my girl walked out of it half way through every1 in the theatre was laughing and so were we

avenger00soul
01-21-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by _Leatha_Face_
no me and my girl walked out of it half way through every1 in the theatre was laughing and so were we

So you missed the ending? You missed all the zombie action and the main guy getting his revenge and poking motherfucker's eyeballs out? You missed some of the best stuff.

Digital Murders
01-21-2004, 11:59 AM
So you missed the ending? You missed all the zombie action and the main guy getting his revenge and poking motherfucker's eyeballs out? You missed some of the best stuff.

Erm..I don't remember that part.

I mean...wait...yes....twas great.

Then the dudes scrotum gets cut off...and uh...gets fed to ravenous wolves....that...were too zombies.

Great movie.:rolleyes:

_Leatha_Face_
01-21-2004, 11:59 AM
So you missed the ending? You missed all the zombie action and the main guy getting his revenge and poking motherfucker's eyeballs out? You missed some of the best stuff. i know i heard about it from a friend i take his movie information quite important and he said he really didnt enjoy it so im not really worried about it but hey maybe for some people thats there movie :) just not mine

SweetDreams420
01-29-2004, 01:13 AM
I started watching Wrong Turn a few weeks ago It was about 3:00 am I was kind of drunk and I fell asleep I only saw like 5 minutes of it.

Arioch
01-29-2004, 02:48 AM
Cannibal Holocaust, it was alright, id finish watching it sometime but id have to be in the mood for it.

You didnt miss anything with Wrong Turn, and the last half of 28 days makes the movie. Thats like judging the exorsist based on its boring as shit first half:rolleyes:

avenger00soul
01-29-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Arioch
and the last half of 28 days makes the movie. Thats like judging the exorsist based on its boring as shit first half:rolleyes:

That's what I was thinking.

Vodstok
01-29-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Arioch
and the last half of 28 days makes the movie. Thats like judging the exorsist based on its boring as shit first half:rolleyes: Originally posted by avenger00soul
That's what I was thinking.

Hey, I liked both of these movies all the way through. Both use the "boring" beginning to establish the characters, which is the only reason the last parts are any good.

PsychoticPanda
01-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13
first off how could you fall asleep during the shining its one of the gretest films of all time.

Also the end to jeepers creepers does ruin it

It wasn't the movie that made me tired. I didn't really fall asleep while watching it. I was tired before it came on. And, yes, the ending of Jeepers Creepers really blows.

in the woods...
02-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Ringu, i go bord and turned on some Martin Lawrence movie instead.

sleepaway
02-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Also NONE, I can't stand not watching a movie all the way through it would bug me forever. I also don't understand those people who get up half way through a movie at the cinema to get a soda. Even if I needed to pee I'd suck it in until the credits rolled!

Oh and Night Flier was really good.

errorinxcelence
02-09-2004, 11:01 AM
THe only horror movie I have ever not watched all the way through was Neon Maniacs. I paid 14.99 for that bitch and still cant watch it past an hr or so. It is like MONSTERS....boring boring boring boring hint of a monster boring boring boring...and then I go away.

Signs515
02-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Simply put none, however I will share this story. I was watching The Langoliers and I thought it was so great, very suspensful and errie. Then I saw the damn things and I was sooooo angry, it was so cheesy I wanted to throw up.

kpropain
02-10-2004, 08:58 AM
None, I can't stand to not watch a movie all the way through no matter how bad it is.

ShankS
02-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Last House On The left is the only one I've stopped. Dissapointed with it.

Nightmarian
03-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Well, although I hate quitting a movie before it ends although it might be as boring as can get, I really couldn't watch Piranah 2 : The Spawning to the end. I can't believe this movie was directed by James Cameron. The first movie was bad enough, having the idea of making these stupid fish fly was completely dumb. C'mon, who really want to see a flying piranah!! Cameron must have lost some big bet to be forced to film that horrible movie. Nothing was good in there. Story was bad, effects were sooo bad, even the freaking actors were bad as can get.
Believe me, I could sit still trough the whole mess that Leprechaun in space was but couldn't resist this atrocity. Follow my advice, if you ever see that title, don't waste time on it. Invest your money more wisely by buying a gold fish than drop it in the Piranah tank at the Pet Shop. You'll get a lot more action there.

William
03-12-2004, 06:42 AM
The only horror movies that I can think of right now that I never finished watching:

The Sixth Sense - Fucking hated it...

Blair Witch Project - Same reason...stupid ass movie.

Neither was even scary.

conductor31
03-17-2004, 08:16 AM
THE HOWELING BORED THE FUCK RIGHT OUT OF ME IN FACT MOST WEARWOLF MOVIES DID BESIDES AMERICAN WEARWOLF IN LONDON ALSO...... INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE REALLY STUNK UP THE SCREEN

StaggerLee
03-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Let me die a woman (if I may call it a horror movie...) because my friend and my sister were very sick and we had to leave to movie theater.

and I really, really wish that I had never watched the Candyman III, but I did, the whole stupid movie... I had never guessed that I would say this about a horror movie but candyman III really is a movie that nobody should never see.

thepsychicfetus
03-17-2004, 07:25 PM
umm, i never finished watching "Crocodile 2" because it was awful and i was at least 40 minutes into the movie and i swear that nothing actually happened. i dont even think there was a crocodile in it. oh well, it sucked and i never finished it.

Bigg Mash
03-18-2004, 12:34 AM
I walked out of Black Sundayat a horror festival last year because some pretentious assholes (probably philosophy students or something) found the 1960's effects just sooooo fucking hilarious. Only time I ever walked out on a movie, and it was the audience I walked out on.

SlashandHang
03-18-2004, 10:05 AM
Lair of the White Worm

Day of the Dead (original Dawn is still one of my favorites)

McDonnyDude666
03-20-2004, 11:34 AM
I missed alot of movie because of the time they where shown of tv like on the week of Halloween, Channel 4 was doing Shierk Week with lots of horror movies but i fell asleep before most of them or during them

The Wicker Man-fell asleep before it started
Ring-i was too tired to read the subtitles so i went asleep.
Ring 2-I was too tired so i went asleep
Texas Chainsaw Massacre-Another movie i wanted to watch was on another channel so i decided to watch that instead.

But now ive seen all of them except Wicker Man.

Ps.I think the first 3 quarters on 28 Days Later is good but the army men just ruin it.

zwoti
03-20-2004, 12:15 PM
started jeepers creepers, stopped it for some reason and have so far never gone back.

crazy clown
03-23-2004, 06:26 PM
it took me like 3 times to watch all of house of 1000 corpses and i regret every minute of it. i hadn't planned on finishing it but all of my non-horror friends wanted to see it. i tried to talk them out of it but they wanted to see it so i saw it with them and laughed all the way through.

other movies:

the keep
the seventh sign
candyman 2 and 3
wishmaster 2

McDonnyDude666
04-02-2004, 01:11 AM
Just remembered
Amityville 2:The Possesion-I though the film was crap so i turned it off around half way.

Shoggoth
04-02-2004, 01:24 PM
28 Days Later - I fell asleep after 15 minutes and woke up for the last 20.. never have gone back to see what is between.

The Gates of Hell - OMG, this is like the one I never ever will finish. It took me and my friends 3 tries to watch about half of it, then we just got disgusted and torched the video tape. The guy who bought it still has not heard the end of that one.

The Entity - No matter how hard I try, I never finish this one. I either find something else more constructive to do or fall alseep.

Targangil
04-02-2004, 05:00 PM
Interview with the vampire, that movie chewed dick.

donjilleon
04-03-2004, 03:12 AM
I'm prettyr sure I watched all then fully, but one of the worst horror films I ever saw was, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, by wes craven.

Khafka
04-03-2004, 03:33 AM
I managed to survive the mangler(yeah it had some gore) but I didnt managed to survive Cujo!I turned it off after like 20 minutes and was generally pissed off.I would really like to smash tthe disc but hell I rented it :/

donjilleon
04-03-2004, 03:44 AM
I barely remember cujo, the movie, but the book is definitly awesome. One of the best books ive read

MichaelMyers
04-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Frogs.

massacre man
04-03-2004, 07:43 PM
exorcist i fell alseep in the first half hour i have the dvd i just havent gotten around to watchin it yet

McDonnyDude666
04-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Targangil
Interview with the vampire, that movie chewed dick.

That movie was excelent one of my favourite films.

MichaelMyers
04-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Sabretooth.

jay o2 waster
04-13-2004, 10:13 AM
i never finished christmas evil, now i will finish

Leslie Daher
04-13-2004, 10:20 AM
never finished watching american werewolf in london but i'm told i really should watch it.

strangeland. there are quite a few actually. if i get bored i just fast forward through it a lot of times

NervousXians
04-15-2004, 03:05 AM
i can never seem to finish The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, i always end
up falling asleep, or getting destracted....now it just sits here...

NervousXians
09-13-2004, 11:04 AM
i seem to be the biggest thread killer..wtf?

Vampenguin
09-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by mudsliptones
this is a simple question

answer: NONE!

ZDing ding!!

Oats
09-13-2004, 11:27 AM
the only movie (non horror) that I couldn't sit through after 2 tries was the Talented Mr. Ripley, i guess he was talented in making me turn the movie off and going to sleep, beyond that god awful movie

Steel
09-23-2004, 06:28 PM
cool. i quit in the middle of that killer clowns movie

nine9
09-23-2004, 08:31 PM
Cabin Fever.............didn't know it was kind of a spoof....thought it looked dumb and too predictable....turned it off after the first half hour. Now I think I will have to see it again..........totally had the wrong impression!

And.....the old Ghost Ship.....walked out.....absolutely horrible! :eek:

bloodrayne
09-23-2004, 08:43 PM
Darkness Falls...

I actually fell asleep...Somewhere near the middle.....

:o

FreddyC.Krueger
09-23-2004, 09:11 PM
All three of the Evil Dead films. I've seen the begining middle and end of them but never finished watching it all the way through. I always got bored and stopped it. Watched the rest some other day when I had nothing better to do. Other then that I've finished every other film. I don't care if I hate it or not, but I like to watch all ofthe horror movie. That way I know all of what happens.

dantehorrorfan
09-24-2004, 07:27 PM
buble boy,noes 2

fluffho
09-24-2004, 07:30 PM
i barely made it through TCM. it was cool, but so slow running. think thats how most movies were back in the day

Hannibal... i watched SOMe of it but ended up FF through it cuz i got bored

probbaly more. but i cant member.

Rebel Yell
09-24-2004, 07:46 PM
Fear Dot Com has never ever been fully viewed by me. I always fall asleep 30 minutes into it. Shocking I made it that far.

MichaelMyers
09-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Rebel Yell
Fear Dot Com has never ever been fully viewed by me. I always fall asleep 30 minutes into it. Shocking I made it that far.

That too.

orangestar
09-24-2004, 08:42 PM
I watched about 70 minutes of FearDotCom then I scooped my eyeballs out with a rusty pitchfork.

yourlastmistake
09-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by nine9
Cabin Fever.............didn't know it was kind of a spoof....thought it looked dumb and too predictable....turned it off after the first half hour. Now I think I will have to see it again..........totally had the wrong impression!

And.....the old Ghost Ship.....walked out.....absolutely horrible! :eek:

Ditto on both those movies. Turned off Cabin Fever after about 45 minutes. Not really a horrible movie just lost interest.
Ghost Ship was on HBO.....Thought it was pretty crappy from the start to the finish, which was about 20 minutes for me. Glad I didn't rent it.

yourlastmistake
09-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by orangestar
I watched about 70 minutes of FearDotCom then I scooped my eyeballs out with a rusty pitchfork.

Lol!

Rebel Yell
09-24-2004, 09:07 PM
You must've been smokin' some serious whacky tobaccy to make it that far. I am amazed.

massacre man
09-25-2004, 05:15 AM
I watched about 70 minutes of FearDotCom then I scooped my eyeballs out with a rusty pitchfork. must be hard to read posts

read my title (im for kerry/edwards but i cant make a joke of that)

Cradle Of Filth
09-25-2004, 05:57 PM
I never finished watching Phantasm, I fell asleep about 45 minutes into it, I really want to see it though. Also, Evil Dead 2, the first time I put it on I watched about 25 minutes, then I fell asleep, the second time I watched about another 25 minutes, then fell asleep, this must have happened at least 3 times, I know for a fact I missed at least 20 minutes of the movie somewhere towards the middle, I wasn't very impressed anyway. Halloween 2, I saw about 3/4 of the movie then I fell asleep. Hmm, what else...I can't think of any others right now. But I know there are more.

orangestar
09-25-2004, 05:58 PM
I fell asleep during Phantasm too.

Hate_Breeder
09-25-2004, 06:04 PM
I fell asleep the first time i watched Dead Alive. Not that i wasnt interested just i was sleepy as hell.

Cradle Of Filth
09-25-2004, 06:16 PM
That's another one, 'Dead Alive'. I fell asleep the first time I saw that too, and like Hate_Breeder, it wasn't because I wasn't interested, it was because I was extremely tired.

Chainsaw Guy
09-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Motel hell i watched 3 minutes and turned it off

bloodrayne
09-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Cradle Of Filth
I never finished watching Phantasm, I fell asleep about 45 minutes into it, I really want to see it though. Also, Evil Dead 2, the first time I put it on I watched about 25 minutes, then I fell asleep, the second time I watched about another 25 minutes, then fell asleep, this must have happened at least 3 times, I know for a fact I missed at least 20 minutes of the movie somewhere towards the middle, I wasn't very impressed anyway. Halloween 2, I saw about 3/4 of the movie then I fell asleep. Hmm, what else...I can't think of any others right now. But I know there are more. LOL...Are you narcoleptic, by any chance?

Vampenguin
09-26-2004, 09:55 AM
I only watched half of "It".....

But that was only half an hour ago, "It"'s awesome, Im gonna watch the rest very soon!

orangestar
09-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Vampenguin
I only watched half of "It".....

But that was only half an hour ago, "It"'s awesome, Im gonna watch the rest very soon!

IT is one movie that I have watched all the way through and regret it. Boring, pretensious crap.

nine9
09-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by yourlastmistake
Ditto on both those movies. Turned off Cabin Fever after about 45 minutes. Not really a horrible movie just lost interest.
Ghost Ship was on HBO.....Thought it was pretty crappy from the start to the finish, which was about 20 minutes for me. Glad I didn't rent it.

I did the the same thing with Cabin Fever........but since then I have heard alot of good things about it. I think I'll have to give it a second chance.

Vampenguin
09-26-2004, 10:49 AM
IT is one movie that I have watched all the way through and regret it. Boring, pretensious crap.

Well....Unless the second half ruins it completly.....I really cant agree, cause what if seen is awesome!!!