PDA

View Full Version : If you Ever Get a Chance to Do This :

urgeok2
03-28-2008, 01:50 AM
we had a team building - fun day event with the guys from my work yesterday. 14 guys. we went to this big games complex to do laser-tag and a couple of other things.

well the laser tag was ok - fun for a while but it got a bit tedious and everyone was cheating anyway ..

but then we did something i've never seen before ..

i think they called it whiffle-ball or something like that ..

you ride around on bumpercars with a scoop ... and the idea is to get the ball and throw it at these big targets on either end of the arena. sort of like basketball combined with lacross - and bumper cars.

i cant begin to describe how sore i am today.
i found that i had total control driving these things - something i couldnt do worth a damn last time i was on a bumper car .. but i was bombing around - backwards and forwards like i was born on one of these things ..

so you get going fast - the ball is on the floor rolling just in front of you - so you're chasing hard - reaching with the scoop .. and WHAM ... you either hit the wall or someone creams into you.

i hit guys and got hit in return so hard i thought i was going to lose fillings.

i was too big for the car so every time i hit something - my already messed up knee was getting tortured.

so today i'm sore as hell .. the knee - the back, other various muscles from bracing for impact ..

but for an hour yesterday i got to be a little kid again ..

absofuckinglutely loved it.

if you have one of these near you - and haven't done it - get on this immediately.

_____V_____
03-28-2008, 01:54 AM
we had a team building - fun day event with the guys from my work yesterday. 14 guys.

Oh...my...God!!:eek:

The reason I said ^ that will be evident tomorrow night...

Anyway, sounds like a lot of fun...I ll be sure to try that out too. Its a precious moment to re-live the childhood times...

Ahh the nostalgia...

newb
03-28-2008, 04:02 AM
That sounds like a ball. The bouncing around in the bumper car might put me in traction though.

hell i'm sore after playing with my Wii

yeah....that didn't sound good:o

Despare
03-28-2008, 04:40 AM
Here we call it whirlyball, my company did that for a Christmas part one year and everybody had a blast from young to old.

hellfire1
03-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Team building exercise '99 !

Just had to...

urgeok2
03-28-2008, 06:47 AM
Here we call it whirlyball, my company did that for a Christmas part one year and everybody had a blast from young to old.

whirlyball ... THAT was the name ..

Roderick Usher
03-28-2008, 06:51 AM
sounds like good times

I got seriously jostled around and wrenched my neck in the bumper cars at the Santa Cruz boardwalk, but I loved every bit of it (until the next morning).

I feel you, Urge

There definitely is a price to be paid for recaptured glee...and it's worth it

Papillon Noir
03-28-2008, 10:52 AM
That sounds like so much fun. :)

We had one of those team building things at work too, though not nearly as fun as that. Ours had stupid puzzles much more arguing, but we got a free lunch!

Zero
03-28-2008, 12:17 PM
hell i'm sore after playing with my Wii

you'll go blind

urgeok2
03-28-2008, 01:46 PM
you'll go blind

blind-er

(he's pretty old - remember)

Elvis_Christ
03-28-2008, 09:21 PM
He could replace the missing hair on his head with the stuff the growing from his palms.

ferretchucker
03-29-2008, 03:47 AM
Oh...my...God!!:eek:

The reason I said ^ that will be evident tomorrow night...

Did nobody realise the significance of this?! This post is a breakthrough in the mystery of Tomorrow!!!