PDA

View Full Version : this might be a stupid question

dabruce16
01-17-2004, 06:27 PM
i was just wondering if chop top in tcm 2, was also the hitchhiker in the first one. they both have a red mark on their cheek. and they also like cutting themselves.
just wondering.

avenger00soul
01-17-2004, 06:35 PM
Very good question. My theory is they were twins. Choptop was perhaps away in 'Nam while the events of the first film were happening. There's just no way the hitchhiker could have survived that semi.

meetthecreeper
01-17-2004, 06:38 PM
No not the same actor if thats what your asking I cant recall his name now for some reason but the guy who played chop top also played Otis in House of 1000 corpses and is in some other horror films as well.

avenger00soul
01-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by meetthecreeper
No not the same actor if thats what your asking I cant recall his name now for some reason but the guy who played chop top also played Otis in House of 1000 corpses and is in some other horror films as well.

Bill Moseley.

meetthecreeper
01-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Very good question. My theory is they were twins. Choptop was perhaps away in 'Nam while the events of the first film were happening. There's just no way the hitchhiker could have survived that semi.

Now that you mention it I have always wondered that myself, I thought for sure that the Hitchiker character couldnt have survived being run over by the semi, then I thought thats why he has a plate in his head, but if I remember correctly he said he got the plate in his head while he was in Vietnam. I think your theory is probably the best one I have heard Avenger I never thought that maybe he had a twin brother.

meetthecreeper
01-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Bill Moseley.

Thanks Avenger, I knew it was something Moseley but for some reason Alonzo Moseley kept coming to mind, from the movie Midnight Run and I knew that wasnt right. LOL

avenger00soul
01-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by meetthecreeper
Now that you mention it I have always wondered that myself, I thought for sure that the Hitchiker character couldnt have survived being run over by the semi, then I thought thats why he has a plate in his head, but if I remember correctly he said he got the plate in his head while he was in Vietnam. I think your theory is probably the best one I have heard Avenger I never thought that maybe he had a twin brother.

And I also think (other than the fact that I'm reading too much into this...hehe) that Nubbins (that dead body that Choptop was always playing with) was the hitchhiker's body.

I'm not sure on this one, but I think that red mark dabruce is referring to is on the opposite cheek on Choptop. Kinda like Tomax and Xamot.

avenger00soul
01-17-2004, 06:48 PM
Nubbins even made it on the box cover:

http://64.95.118.51/images/opti/d4/70/1021113-movie-resized200.jpg

Anyone ever notice that they are in the same position as the Breakfast Club? Too funny.

meetthecreeper
01-17-2004, 06:53 PM
HAHA I never noticed that I just went and got the 2 films and they are in the same postions, somebody has a great sense of humor.

dabruce16
01-17-2004, 06:54 PM
yeah, those were some good theories, i never even thought of some of those ideas. is the tcm 3, worth buying?

avenger00soul
01-17-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by dabruce16
is the tcm 3, worth buying?

Yes. I am a big fan of this flick. Leatherface somehow has a new family in this one though.:confused: Anybody got any theories on that?