PDA

View Full Version : Sam Raimi talks!

_____V_____
10-16-2007, 08:01 PM
At the press conference for “30 Days of Night”, producer Sam Raimi wet horror-fans appetites with some updates on upcoming Ghost House Pictures – Raimi’s horror production company – releases.

According to Raimi, there’s a “Grudge 3” on the way (the script has been written); a “Rise 2” (he’s unsure whether Michael Chiklis and Lucy Liu will reprise their roles) and yes, he still plans to remake “Evil Dead” – just not for a while, while Jeff Lynch is writing a new curse movie, titled "Drag Me to Hell".

An original project, “Monkey’s Paw”, about a father who innocently brings home a mysterious artifact rumored to grant wishes, only to see its magical powers go awry and cause misadventures with every wish his family makes, is in the scripting stages.

Raimi also explained about a “30 Days of Night” sequel. “It is very different but I don't know if there is going to be a sequel to 30 DAYS OF NIGHT nor do I know, if there was, if it would be based upon that. We'd have to see if it's successful at the box office and see if people really want to see a sequel. And if they do then I'd probably huddle with Ben [Templesmith] and Steve [Niles] and my partner, Rob [Tapert], and figure out what they thought it should be. Mostly I want to stay true, if there was a sequel, to the books. I think that's what got us there in the first place."

One guy likely to return for a sequel, should it happen, is Ben Foster. "We love Ben and we love (Ben's character) The Stranger," the film’s screenwriter Brian Nelson says. "I'll just tantalizingly say it is possible you might see more of The Stranger in the future."

http://www.shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=1619

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20071017_raimi_dishes_on_upcoming_horro.html

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/10178

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/674/will-ben-foster-return-for-a-30-days-of-night-sequel

The_Raven
10-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Wasn't he considering Spider Man 4 with a new set of villains - Vulture, Electro and the Sinister Six? And, as much as I loathe the idea of an Evil Dead remake, who better to do it than Raimi himself?

Edgar

Psycom5k
10-17-2007, 03:47 AM
To tell you the gods honest truth. I want him to make a Spiderman 4. Im a comic-geek, and I peticularly love Marvel. So I'm all for another Spidey movie. I hope this one has the Sinister Six because more than one bad guy (true bad guy, not a pissed off whiney friend like in 2 and 3).

_____V_____
10-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Wasn't he considering Spider Man 4 with a new set of villains - Vulture, Electro and the Sinister Six?

He did make his views public on that point. Of course he explained that his enthusiasm and excitement over the Spider Man franchise had gone down a bit, and he would like someone to write a script which would involve either 1-2/ or all 3 of them mentioned above.

In his words, "the script for the fourth installment should be good enough to intrigue me." Apparently he himself wasnt satisfied with things in Spider Man 3.

This might be a good chance for aspiring script writers to woo the man himself.

(Are you reading this, Sean...errrr Rod?;))

missmacabre
10-17-2007, 10:32 AM
I'd like it if someone could breath life into the Spiderman Franchise. The Sinister Six were my favourite villains from the comics/ 90's Saturday morning cartoon. I'm kinda hoping they are used in the new movie, if there is one.

Despare
10-17-2007, 01:59 PM
If they do a sequel to 30 Days of Night it should be based on the Rumors of the Undead novel. Great stuff there.

_____V_____
10-17-2007, 09:04 PM
I'd like it if someone could breath life into the Spiderman Franchise. The Sinister Six were my favourite villains from the comics/ 90's Saturday morning cartoon. I'm kinda hoping they are used in the new movie, if there is one.

The latest rumor is that Carnage will be in this one. It will be a darker, meaner version of Spider Man (totally unlike the first 3)...and they might set up another villain in this too. (keep your fingers crossed for the Sinister Six)

Which means the Venom symbiote may expect a return. No word yet on Maguire, Dunst or Raimi returning.

GorePhobia
10-18-2007, 02:04 PM
If they had Venom, Carnage and the Sinister 6 then I would be there even without Dunst and maybe replaced Spidey with Jake Gyellenhall.

$loth
10-21-2007, 04:29 AM
Wasn't he considering Spider Man 4 with a new set of villains - Vulture, Electro and the Sinister Six? And, as much as I loathe the idea of an Evil Dead remake, who better to do it than Raimi himself?

Edgar

I'm skeptical on whether I would watch a remake, like you said though, the best person to remake it would be Raimi.

ferretchucker
10-21-2007, 04:50 AM
If by original, you mean all new idea, then it isn't. The Monkey's Paw is an old story that I've heard countless times. But you probably don't and by original you mean a film about the old story. If not, look at the simpsons!

Of course, like I said, I may have misinterpreted, in which case, forget this post.

Kane_Hodder
10-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Evil Dead isn't Evil Dead without Sam Raimi.
As for Spiderman 4, I for one would love to see a complete makeover for the franchise. Make it darker and more intense.

the_real_linda
10-21-2007, 09:33 AM
also a comic geek so im always up for another spidey and my friend who hates marvel seemed to know all about the villians that had been in talks ages ago and way before me... i think he's in denial about liking marvel..

as long as there's a fake shemp in it im fine......bring on bruce campbell

glasseye
11-01-2007, 10:50 PM
He can't remake Evil Dead! Especially without Bruce Campbell as Ash.. it just won't work!

Psycom5k
11-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Well, they can and will, would you rather Sam Raimi do it? Or some dude 10 years from now doing it?

Damn Heathen
03-25-2015, 02:56 AM
Didn't care for MONKEY'S pAW.