PDA

View Full Version : The Zombie Survival Thread

Posher778
04-18-2007, 01:15 PM
This is an extension of the other zombie thread, only way more than what weapon you would use.

Assuming that, right this very second, a small zombie outbreak occured about an hour from where you live. You hear it, literally, right this second, without warning. What do you do?

In my story, i'm going to pretend that I don't have parents or grandparents because they would just make me go to a shelter or something and become a buffet.

*Anyways: The first thing I would do is grab my keys and speed off, with nothing else, not even shoes, just get the hell out before everyone on the planet realizes what happened. I drive to lowes hardware, and literally steal everything there, or... if I have my dad's credit card, buy it... unless it's easy to steal or something, whatever. Either way, I FILL the car to the rim with supplies. Then I go to the gas station, and buy as many tubs of gas that the car can hold in the storage hidden compartment, tied to the roof, etc. Then I go to the grocery store and buy canned food and water, lots of it. ***At lowes, I would get lots of wood, nails and hammers, a small chainsaw, 2 generators, (screwdriver and other odds and ends tools), White, red, and yellow paint, repair kits, etc, a nail gun, all that stuff.

I buy about 5 machetes, 5 small hand axes/hatchets, 2 or 3 larger axes (fire escape style), a ladder, throwing knives (assuming I can find them of course :rolleyes: ) and other weaponry.

I then return home and park THAT car in the garage, leaving it full of stuff. I then take the OTHER car and go straight back out, no stopping or anything. I go to the nearest gun/ weaponry store, and buy/ steal 4 pistols, 2 or 3 with silencers, and a .44 magnum or something, a 12 gauge shot gun, maybe 2? A semi automatic rifle, assuming they sell them, (I don't know what all is legal and stuff, just assuming) A rifle, a powerful crossbow, hunting rifle, etc, and tons of shells/ shots/ bolts for each of them. Then I buy necessary cleaning/ repairs kits for them, then I leave. If there's a problem with me buying that stuff at age 17, which there 99.999% would be, then I would do SOMETHING, steal it most likely, although stealing from a GUN store is probably the dumbest idea ever, but I would get my hands on them. ***Also a small pocket gun, the kind people have for self defense a lot now, to keep holstered to my ankle or something.

I then, if time and traffic permits, go buy some more water and food, to be at the max at home, then run to target and buy board games, dvds, cds, etc, for entertainment, since it is necessary. I would try to find a treadmill or exercise bike to keep in good shape, then run back to the gas station, and grabs 6 or 7 more barrels of it. Then I go to the pharmacy, and buy a lot of medecine and essentials like tylenol, vitamins, eye drops, chap stick, basic stuff like that, as well as odds and ends like toilet paper (for 'no shit' ((lol)) reasons) and water purifiers. (one for faucets and the tablets that purify too). I'd buy candy of course, just... cause. I'd run by kohls (this is assuming that there's safety time remaining, and that there is no panic outbreaking yet of course) and buy clothes. Lot's of work jeans and long sleeve shirts, fashion being unimportant since the world is about to end, and boots/ running shoes/ etc.

If I left anything out and I remember i'll edit it and put *********** next to it, just in case anyone cares :) .

I then return home, grab my dog, and put her upstairs, and hopefully find my cat and do the same, and put them in the guest room and close the door. I then run rampantly around outside picking up ANYTHING. The garden hose, maybe to try and gather rainwater with it somehow later, the spare firewood, the only can of gas by the lawnmower, the push lawnmower just in case, then store those things on the main floor of my house. **note, while I was out, i'd have picked up some cement, quick drying, to barricade the sensitive doors**

I then get the small chainsaw and saw my longer back stairs down, and take the wood inside. I do this for the other smaller back stairs too. (we have a screen porch with 2 doors, one to the garage and one to the backyard) I then take anything useful from the porch inside. Next I make sure both cars are in the garage, and unload everything, most of the stuff to the upstairs. I then board up the screen porch, but not as heavily as other places of course. I coat the 2 back doors with cement, all up and down the door too, so they won't be able to break it down easily. I board the screen windows that are reachable by man (about 4 or 5 out of 10.) I then lock the main back door, which has windows. I line it with cement on the rim of it, and across the windows in a * shape. I then board it up heavily. I go out to the front door, move the brick stairs that can be pushed, then repeat the cement and board process. I close the garage doors, get everything together, turn on the bathtub and all sinks to fill them with water just in case the line gets cut, then go to the basement, block all doors and windows, take the tools down there upstairs, yeah. I basically seal the entire basement, including the door to it from upstairs. Then I ration the food, lay everything out accordingly, yadayadayada, and cover the upstairs windows with blankets as makeshift curtains. I open the attic passageway ladder, and leave it down. I climb on the roof and paint "ALIVE INSIDE" on it in white paint. I get on here and say " whoa it happened! HDC PARTY!" I board all the downstairs windows, (you get the gyst, fortress, completely) I, assuming nothing (doubt it) was left out, kick back and relax. I'd definently invite my best friends to come and make a safegroup with me, if they bring extra food and supplies. I get everything electric charged up just in case power is cut or something, then relax. I would always be quiet, especially at night, basic stuff. That's the new life!:D

chaibill
04-18-2007, 05:17 PM
so you think the gas fumes will kill you before you fire the firt shot from the high powered rife that will throw you back through one of the windows. and how do you cover a door with cement? then you will be deaf when you start using guns in doors forgot the ear protection and you need some women up there man got to get the freak on while battling zombies maybe Ada Wong can come

Posher778
04-18-2007, 05:21 PM
so you think the gas fumes will kill you before you fire the firt shot from the high powered rife that will throw you back through one of the windows. and how do you cover a door with cement? then you will be deaf when you stat using guns in doors forgot the ear protection and you need some women up there man got to get the freak on while battling zombies maybe Ada Wong can come

I didn't ask for your criticism. Random gas fumes, out of nowhere? Right, that ALWAYS happens. I've shot the rifle i'm thinking of, and I didn't fly out any windows. Plus, why would I shoot AWAY from a window? If there was a zombie behind me while facing one i'd use a hand gun. You can coat anything with cement, it isn't hard. Try it with your throat lining soon please. Ear protection? What you think I was going to mention every single small item I would have? No. Women? I said i would call my friends over. No, sex is not as important to me as survival.

Roderick Usher
04-18-2007, 05:22 PM
http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/zombiesurvivalguide/

Has anyone here NOT read this yet? If not, buy it, it could be the difference between life and death:eek:

My 9 year-old has even gone cover-to-cover through it.

Posher778
04-18-2007, 05:36 PM

Has anyone here NOT read this yet? If not, buy it, it could be the difference between life and death:eek:

Yes! I own it, it's very entertaining. I like the lists of supplies it gives you, very useful.

Roderick Usher
04-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Yes! I own it, it's very entertaining. I like the lists of supplies it gives you, very useful.

now if I could just get my hands on a Shaolin Spade:D

Posher778
04-18-2007, 06:04 PM
now if I could just get my hands on a Shaolin Spade:D

Haha! Now, if we're ever in zombie combat and you see me with one of those, PLEASE, by ANY means, KILL me before I slash my own arm off, because it would be inevitable!

chaibill
04-18-2007, 08:50 PM
I didn't ask for your criticism. Random gas fumes, out of nowhere? Right, that ALWAYS happens. I've shot the rifle i'm thinking of, and I didn't fly out any windows. Plus, why would I shoot AWAY from a window? If there was a zombie behind me while facing one i'd use a hand gun. You can coat anything with cement, it isn't hard. Try it with your throat lining soon please. Ear protection? What you think I was going to mention every single small item I would have? No. Women? I said i would call my friends over. No, sex is not as important to me as survival.

you said you were going to put the gas in the house
and the gun would have enough kick to knock you from one side of the house to the other
and if they were an hour away you couldn't do all that stuff and 2 gemeraters won't fit in the car it needs logic don't you see just trying to help you.

bwind22
04-18-2007, 09:04 PM

Great book. Any zombie fan should consider it a "must own" or at the very least, a "must read".

VampiricClown
04-19-2007, 06:53 AM

-Raises hand- I haven't...:(

Burning in Hell
04-19-2007, 07:06 AM
Mmm, Posher, I think that by the time you would have done everything on your list, everyone in your neighborhood would be a zombie and waiting for your sorry ass to get back home ;)

AmericanManiac
04-19-2007, 07:13 AM
I haven't read it but I just ordered it, has anyone read World War Z by the same author ?

chaibill
04-19-2007, 07:19 AM
I haven't read it but I just ordered it, has anyone read World War Z by the same author ?

i almost picked it up in hard cover but thought i would wait for the paperback..i got a good review on NPR

Roderick Usher
04-19-2007, 07:25 AM

Yeah, it's entertaining, but not as much fun as the survival guide. It's going to be a HUGE budget film. Brad Pitt bought the rights to it before it was available in stores.

bwind22
04-19-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm waiting for paperback too, but looking forward to it. Hey Rod, any word on anyone making an adaptation of Zombie Survival Guide?

AmericanManiac
04-19-2007, 07:57 AM
Yeah, it's entertaining, but not as much fun as the survival guide. It's going to be a HUGE budget film. Brad Pitt bought the rights to it before it was available in stores.

I read that in fangoria right around the time it was released, but haven't heard anything else on it.

bleeding_angelgirl
04-19-2007, 08:04 AM
if one of them looked like a clown i would hide under the bed, otherwise i would dig holes and set mines all over the woods by me and blow them up and put there heads on sticks or hang them from trees with there guts hanging out

Despare
04-19-2007, 12:39 PM
if one of them looked like a clown i would hide under the bed, otherwise i would dig holes and set mines all over the woods by me and blow them up and put there heads on sticks or hang them from trees with there guts hanging out

Oh mines, yeah, from Wal-Mart right?

Posher778
04-19-2007, 12:42 PM
I really would like to design a zombie proof fortress to spend the apocalypse in. **Despare, you're number 1 on the invite list, commander! Bwahaha.

It would be awesome if we pulled it off. And I suppose I could handle living with 10 or 15 SELECT members from here, coooool.

Despare
04-19-2007, 12:46 PM
I really would like to design a zombie proof fortress to spend the apocalypse in. **Despare, you're number 1 on the invite list, commander! Bwahaha.

It would be awesome if we pulled it off. And I suppose I could handle living with 10 or 15 SELECT members from here, coooool.

I don't know how easy it would be to sustain such a big group. The BEST thing to do if you had groups that big would probably be to break into small cells of no more than 4 and keep yourselves distanced enough but conncted and in constant communication. I suppose with the fortress you have in mind the numbers wouldn't be bad but there would have to be more supply runs.

Posher778
04-19-2007, 12:53 PM
I don't know how easy it would be to sustain such a big group. The BEST thing to do if you had groups that big would probably be to break into small cells of no more than 4 and keep yourselves distanced enough but conncted and in constant communication. I suppose with the fortress you have in mind the numbers wouldn't be bad but there would have to be more supply runs.

Probably, but this is assumed over about a year of preparation. The year itself would be much harder than life when it's done. defending the territory, etc.

The location I would like is probably a beach or cliffs over the ocean, so you would have to defend only one side. Plus, cliffs could have makeshift elevators out of rope, etc, and beaches would have boat escapes if the disaster ever became unbearable.

Food? I think we'd manage. By the ocean we could fish a lot obviously, and... Can salt water be purified into drinking water? That's probably a stupid question, but i'm not sure. Defense would be easy too, i'll describe it after this topic's done.

Despare
04-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Probably, but this is assumed over about a year of preparation. The year itself would be much harder than life when it's done. defending the territory, etc.

The location I would like is probably a beach or cliffs over the ocean, so you would have to defend only one side. Plus, cliffs could have makeshift elevators out of rope, etc, and beaches would have boat escapes if the disaster ever became unbearable.

Food? I think we'd manage. By the ocean we could fish a lot obviously, and... Can salt water be purified into drinking water? That's probably a stupid question, but i'm not sure. Defense would be easy too, i'll describe it after this topic's done.

Yes, salt water can be turned into drinking water but in quantities it would be questionable.

http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/graphics/desalinationprocess.gif

Posher778
04-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Ok, I see. Well, rainwater of course. By the ocean that isn't too difficult usually.

Snipers, electricity, and cleverly constructed walls and forts would be the defense mainly. For example, the main gate would be about 20 feet concave with the walls, so shooting zombies close to it would be extremely easy.

Despare
04-19-2007, 01:04 PM
It would be easy to gather materials for solar power as well, not only that but generators and possible turbines controlled by wind or water too.

Posher778
04-19-2007, 01:07 PM
It would be easy to gather materials for solar power as well, not only that but generators and possible turbines controlled by wind or water too.

Great ideas! Wind and solar by the ocean is PERFECT. I like bike powered generators too, good way to stay fit and gain power.

bleeding_angelgirl
04-19-2007, 01:15 PM
soon every thing will be solar powered (more like 20 years or so)

Posher778
04-19-2007, 01:19 PM
soon every thing will be solar powered (more like 20 years or so)

Not everything no. There's tons of natural ways that are very effective, like wind turbines, mentioned above. Hydro electric could work in this situation too.

Roderick Usher
04-19-2007, 06:29 PM

Um...they'll come out of the oceans too. No need for air, they'll walk along the bottom of the sea.

There is no surviving. That's why the zombie Armageddon is so scary. Death will win, it's winning right now, we are all the walking dead...every microsecond is a step toward your inevitable doom.

Of course we'll have to try to survive, it's hard wired into us. But there can be no victory over death.

Comforting, isn't it.

AmericanManiac
04-20-2007, 03:30 AM
Um...they'll come out of the oceans too. No need for air, they'll walk along the bottom of the sea.
Yes this is true, it showed this in Zombi 2, and Land of the Dead.

There is no surviving. That's why the zombie Armageddon is so scary. Death will win, it's winning right now, we are all the walking dead...every microsecond is a step toward your inevitable doom.

Of course we'll have to try to survive, it's hard wired into us. But there can be no victory over death.

Comforting, isn't it.

You just crushed my hopes and dreams of defeating zombies! You sonofab! Way to ruin this thread ROD! :D

Edit:

My Zombie Surival Guide:

If an outbreak were to happen right now, I would take the gun I own with me get in my truck and fill it up, and fill my extra gas cans up. I would my closest friends, mom, and fiance, and tell them to get to my house. Have my friends swing by the store to get food, and beverages. I would then swing by the gun store and pick up more weapons and ammo. When I got home I would back the truck up as close to the roof of my porch as I could. I don’t think I would have the time to make a fort.

Some tools to gather up that are in the basement, air compressor, nail gun, drill, axe, nails, crow bar, a gas colemens(sp) grill(too cook) .

Since I have plywood, 2x4’s at the house already, I would start to board up the windows on the bottom the floor, and finish the door when the last person came through. I then would have everyone work together to move all of the furniture against the windows, and doors. I would leave the windows on the top floor open as that is easy access to shoot out of and escape to the truck if needed. After this is all done, I would have everybody move upstairs and I then would block off the stair case by building a wall with the 2x4’s and plywood. Hopefully with the weapons that we have, food and beverages, we could stop them, if not and I know I’m going down, taking a gun and inserting it into my mouth.

*wonders what renob would do*

bleeding_angelgirl
04-20-2007, 05:36 AM
that was my favorit part of the movie when they walked across the bottom of the ocean

chaibill
04-20-2007, 08:45 AM
just watch that the water doesn't get contaminated with zombie life. you eat the fish you may be a zombie too, because you know the stupid zombies will try and cross that dam and fall in either from you shooting them or just falling in from lack of balance.

chaibill
04-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Whatever contamination there is gets swept down river.

yeah right you want to risk it. But if you are cooking the fish i think that might be ok.

chaibill
04-20-2007, 01:09 PM
oh so that might work out for you then

Posher778
04-20-2007, 01:44 PM
yeah right you want to risk it. But if you are cooking the fish i think that might be ok.

Yeah cause I eat raw fish when I have the ability to cook them just for fun ALL the time :rolleyes:

Xperiment- multiple guns= variety, and I like variety.

chaibill
04-20-2007, 02:00 PM
ok posher we will cook the fish

i like the gun idea but how to get them can't take from the store unless they are closed but most have a roll down door maybe take from the nieghbors house they won't be needing them anyway they are zombie chow

chaibill
04-20-2007, 02:17 PM
he was writing about robbing a gun store in the beginning get his chest blown out most likely

posher says ..."i am not going to rob a gun store i know i will be killed.... gosh
i will find a way to get them ..eye of the tiger eye of the tiger"

Posher778
04-20-2007, 03:54 PM
he was writing about robbing a gun store in the beginning get his chest blown out most likely

posher says ..."i am not going to rob a gun store i know i will be killed.... gosh
i will find a way to get them ..eye of the tiger eye of the tiger"

The ones who criticize are always the first to go.

AmericanManiac
04-20-2007, 04:18 PM

Don't forget the funny guys to! for some reason they are always the firsts as well!

bleeding_angelgirl
04-20-2007, 04:29 PM
so are all the bad ones!!! the guy who is an ass and treats girls like shit. i love when they get it

Posher778
04-20-2007, 04:30 PM
so are all the bad ones!!! the guy who is an ass and treats girls like shit. i love when they get it

The skanks always get it, don't forget skanks!

AmericanManiac
04-20-2007, 04:31 PM
The skanks always get it, don't forget skanks!

Yeah its really sad to see them go, I always chear for them. I have never once got what I wanted though.

Edit: I do have one question in all the latest horror movies, why so many girls are the only one to survive? Why can't they all fucking die ? That's a happy ending, well to me it is anyways!

Posher778
04-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Yeah its really sad to see them go, I always chear for them. I have never once got what I wanted though.

Gross. I hate whores, cinematic and real. They gross me out. I'm afraid if one crosses their legs some possessed ooze will like... shoot out and.... TMI

AmericanManiac
04-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Sorry I didn't mean whores, just the actresses. The whores I agree with you, they can die, I will cheer for that. But every girl I would like to see survive ends up dead, and the weakest/dorkiest seems to defeat the killer!

Posher778
04-20-2007, 04:36 PM
That's how it goes. People who think logically always make it. People who think "Oh i'm tough or hott so i'll live" always die. Kindof in the genre of "Never underestimate your opponent"

chaibill
04-20-2007, 04:42 PM

i think the over confident go first, like in CLICHE' ...oh ah i mean CUBE

Posher778
04-20-2007, 04:43 PM
i think the over confident go first, like in CLICHE' ...oh ah i mean CUBE

Okk. time for you to shut the fuck up again and stop screwing with my thread, bye now. Have fun with your cubes and other geometric garbage.

VampiricClown
04-20-2007, 04:48 PM
I would survive a zombie attack....

Posher778
04-20-2007, 04:48 PM
I would survive a zombie attack....

Well you don't bleed real blood or anything remember?:)

chaibill
04-20-2007, 04:50 PM
sound confident

VampiricClown
04-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Well you don't bleed real blood or anything remember?:)

My wrists don't bleed and if it's a nice sized mark, I don't bleed. But I do bleed.

Posher778
04-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Haha, i'm just nostalgifying...ing about when people could make jokes around here and stuff. Cough

chaibill
04-20-2007, 05:21 PM
ok just don't queef while doing it

AmericanManiac
04-20-2007, 06:00 PM
ok just don't queef while doing it

who the fuck are you ?

Posher778
04-20-2007, 06:27 PM
who the fuck are you ?

Creator of the cube.

novakru
04-20-2007, 06:37 PM
So, I didn't bother to read this entire thread...I'm just too cool for that shit:cool: but anyway:
I read The Zombie War so I think I would do what alot of people did in that book...hole myself up in the colder climes and wait until the bastards froze solid and then take an axe to as many as I could find.

Edit:
Oh and if my response is completely off-topic, Sorry-I'll try to actually read it next time, I promise.

Posher778
04-20-2007, 06:42 PM
So, I didn't bother to read this entire thread...I'm just too cool for that shit:cool: but anyway:
I read The Zombie War so I think I would do what alot of people did in that book...hole myself up in the colder climes and wait until the bastards froze solid and then take an axe to as many as I could find.

Edit:
Oh and if my response is completely off-topic, Sorry-I'll try to actually read it next time, I promise.

It was fine. Good idea, but I can't stand the cold.

ChronoGrl
11-14-2007, 06:00 PM
So I saw a pretty abysmal post apocalyptic movie the other night (Tooth and Nail (http://www.horrorfestonline.com/film_tooth-and-nail.html)), which, despite its short-comings got me to thinking about what I would do if I survived the apocalypse.

NOTE: Not how to survive the apocalypse, because I haven't come up with a solid answer for that one (SO tempted to climb a water tower to avoid the onslaught of zombies... but I think that that might come back as a bad decision).

In Tooth and Nail there were two distinct groups (which you also see in most post-apocalyptic mythos films like Road Warrior or Children of Men), which can be generalized as such:

Fulfilling the social contract - By fulfilling the social contract your aims are fairly altruistic and more interested in Humankind's progression as a WHOLE. You either lead or become part of a group of people trying to reconstruct a semblance of society. Surrogate nuclear family is created.
Becoming part of or THE Leviathan - You take full advantage of the lack of penal rule to propagate anarchist society. The perfect primal example of true freedom (freedom to steal, rape, pillage, kill). This is more about surviving, this is also about megalomaniac narcissism and control. Being able to act without legal or social repercussions (take that as you will).

OR

Fuck the groups. You're a loner. - Not necessarily fighting the good fight against the Leviathan and not necessarily being part of the social contract... You just survive as and for... you.

Of course, these are generalizations and may be edited/changed to whatever you would like.

Also, feel free to choose your own apocalypse (Zombie, Disease, Starvation, War) as that might affect your answer.

The point is: What would you do if you survived the apocalypse?

newb
11-14-2007, 06:45 PM
That would depend if my family survived with me. If they did I would fall into the first group....Fulfilling the social contract.

If not then most def I would go the loner route.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
11-14-2007, 07:12 PM
I know what the social contract would entail, fuck that I'm part of the leviathan.

Roderick Usher
11-14-2007, 10:49 PM
I have no faith in the powers that be and have already made contingencies for an apocalyptic situation.

I'm a "loner" but with a huge family contingency plan.

A good house in a small valley surrounded by tall mountains that could keep both radioactive fallout and an army of the undead at bay. We have food stores and a local lake that not only provides fish, but the rising humidity helps keep the radiation levels low,

Phalanx
11-14-2007, 11:47 PM
I'd take advantage of all the recent widows

ChronoGrl
11-15-2007, 05:01 AM
I definitely agree... The problem that I have with fulfilling the social contract is the question why are we doing this? Usually fulfilling the social contract follows one or both of the following aims:

Furthering the human race
Saving your family

Honestly, I have very little interest in furthering the human race... If I survived the apocalypse, I would be WAY more concerned with keeping myself alive... Humankind is not my responsibility.

However, if my immediate family survived, I would have obligations to them, but no one else...

The way I see it, unless I have a particular bond with any of the survivors (ie familial or very personal bond), then they're not my responsibility. If you gather food... You have to gather food for everyone, not just yourself.

Not to mention... Regardless of the nature of the group that you're in, there will have to be a Leader. The Leader in the Leviathan would triumph as being strong and keeping the rest of the group in awe (unless someone struck up against them or there was a mutiny). The Leader in the Social Contract, however, would have to be a Leader based more on mutual respect and/or adoration of the group... That, to me, sounds more like being part of a Cult. I would prefer to be ruled by fear.

So, essentially, if I had no family to worry about, I would definitely be a Loner (most likely of amoral leaning) if not on the outskirts of the Leviathan. I definitely agree with Newb and Rod.

I'm not sure where I'd hole up... Probably in some sort of solid structure... Very few windows and fairly impenetrable... Maybe a prison. Then again, if the apocalypse was radiation-driven, that doesn't really help.

novakru
11-15-2007, 05:24 AM
Talk about coincidence!
Eerie man, eerie.
Fuck The Groups

Me and my daughters were talking about this as I drove them to school this morning.

We decided if the right series of events happened, the world of technology and Roads could collapse in a month.

We agreed that food procuring would be no.1
In the beginning, just getting whatever we can get our hands on, then learning to grow and cultivate food.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't know thing one about growing veggies.
Followed by fresh water.
3.)Protection from the elements.
4.)Protection of ourselves and what we have.
5.)Building or obtaining new forms of energy i.e. Solar, Wind, etc.

We came to the conclusion that after 10 years we would possibly have a better world, or at the very least healthier because of the fact that we would have no cars to drive our fat asses around and their wouldn't be anymore processed food.
And we would be able to just shoot the assholes or the dangerous because of marshal law:D

Freak
11-15-2007, 05:31 AM
For me it would all be about survival.Taking care of myself and no one else.I might band a samll group together but no big gathering of people.Just a few stragglers that I find along the way.

First you gotta have weapons and shelter.

After you have a place secured then you have to find a food source.Whether it be hunting or growing your own food.

Fresh water would be next.

Then you just sit back and wait to see what happens next.

I kind of wish something like that would happen so thw world could have a fresh start.

ferretchucker
11-15-2007, 06:34 AM
If I was a levithan then the family would try and kill me, if I was in the family I'd have more protection but might be expected to fight to the death, so I'd probably be a loner.

PR3SSUR3
11-15-2007, 07:13 AM
Here's a pickle:-

What if you and your family are the only survivors left on the earth?

Q: Repopulate?

:confused: :eek: :confused:

the_real_linda
11-15-2007, 07:27 AM
thats gross... but aint it what some christians believe started humans anyway from just 2 people?

if i was only survivor of my family id go it alone

tho in all honesty if the apocalypse came i really think id die.

ferretchucker
11-15-2007, 07:35 AM
I might turn to cannibalism...

newb
11-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Here's a pickle:-

What if you and your family are the only survivors left on the earth?

Q: Repopulate?

:confused: :eek: :confused:

Only if you live in Kentucky. :D

ChronoGrl
11-16-2007, 05:37 AM
Only if you live in Kentucky. :D

hahahaha...

So what's so great about perpetuating the population anyway?

My main concern about being a female after the apocalypse is that it would be expected that I breed.

*shudder*

VampiricClown
11-16-2007, 06:00 AM
I'd go the loner route. Any company is going to get in the way, and it's better that way too, so if you get killed, it won't be in front of anyone who cares.

Be sure to stock up on ammunition and only travel by day. Most say night, but I'd be on the move in the day so I could see whats coming. Not to mention, if they are classic zombies, they aren't fast, so it would be easy to run away quickly.

Also, take at most a handgun and maybe one larger one such as a shotgun. I would also, if possible, find a good all-terrain vehichle so that I could move around quickly.

ChronoGrl
11-16-2007, 08:15 AM
I like to envision myself with a large knife or machete. Good idea with the all-terrain. My knee-high combat boots can only get me so far...

I just had a thought... If it turns out that it's a funny apocalypse, I think I would like my theme song to be "Road to Nowhere" by the Talking Heads.

Music video on YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=LLiX8sgfgQU).

Disease
11-16-2007, 09:52 AM
I'd take the loner Path, whether my family came with me... that would be up to them.

It seems like we have a lot of Loners here... Where were you all when Mad Max needed your vote in the revenge tournament!

Kemal
11-17-2007, 04:22 AM
I think I'd be more likely to survive in a group that looked out for one another.

the_real_linda
11-17-2007, 09:15 AM
I might turn to cannibalism...

if ya like pork... supposedly what human flesh is meant to taste like

Disease
11-17-2007, 11:18 AM
if ya like pork... supposedly what human flesh is meant to taste like

I thought it was more like chicken... That's just what I have heard.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
11-17-2007, 11:45 PM
overly salty pork

ChronoGrl
11-19-2007, 05:17 AM
overly salty pork

Yeah, that's what I hear.

Mmmmmm... salty pork...

That's why cannibals will call their food "long pork (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_pork)."

I would have absolutely NO qualms with resorting to cannibalism. Honestly. If you let your guard down low enough to get eaten... You probably deserved it.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
11-19-2007, 04:22 PM
I would have absolutely NO qualms with resorting to cannibalism. Honestly. If you let your guard down low enough to get eaten... You probably deserved it.

Exactly......

ferretchucker
11-20-2007, 06:52 AM
But what would go with the meat! What would stop it from being dry?!

ChronoGrl
11-20-2007, 07:38 AM
We could render human stock and then make gravy.

ferretchucker
11-20-2007, 08:10 AM
How would you prepare the person you're eating. I imagine it's unhealthy to eat certain parts and it would have to be cooked a certain way.

Sharkchild
11-20-2007, 02:03 PM
It looks like I might be alone in saying I would go the way of society, and, in going along with that, I would definitely be killing all of you cannibals.

ChronoGrl
11-20-2007, 02:47 PM
How would you prepare the person you're eating. I imagine it's unhealthy to eat certain parts and it would have to be cooked a certain way.

I'd imagine that we'd want to trim the fat as much as you would with a sow or goose. I'm not sure if we'd have to worry about Salmonella, so in regards to cooking it through, it's very possible that human flesh can be served like beef (as it SHOULD be): rare as possible.

I actually tried to do about 5 minutes of research on Google. Typing "cannibalism edible human" produced this article (http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=168), which discusses a company that actually manufactures meat to taste like humans... Way ahead of their time.

It looks like I might be alone in saying I would go the way of society, and, in going along with that, I would definitely be killing all of you cannibals.

We'll turn you soon enough... IN OUR STEW

X¤MurderDoll¤X
11-20-2007, 06:49 PM
We could render human stock and then make gravy.

omg stop, now I have a craving for human.

ferretchucker
11-21-2007, 07:19 AM
I suppose if we ate babies we'd know how the lamb's parents feel.

ChronoGrl
11-21-2007, 07:42 AM
I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee or a ragout.

Courtesy of Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal (http://www.uoregon.edu/~rbear/modest.html), 1729.

ferretchucker
11-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Jesus titty fucking christ!

ChronoGrl
03-13-2008, 05:20 PM
*resurrects*

I feel as though there are enough new people to dredge this up and make it interesting.

Also - I am bored.

So, back to the topic - You survived the apocalypse - NOW WHAT?

The more time I spend on this earth the more I realize that I feel very little obligation to the human race as a whole.

I would eat and conquer. Maybe live underground.

Despare
03-13-2008, 05:53 PM

Depending on what caused the apocalypse, the meat is likely to be tainted, even if it came from a recently living person. I would either lead a group or stay alone, if people aren't listening to me then they'll be dead soon anyway. I suppose I could co-exist in a small group of people who could survive but each one would have to be able to cut it by themselves. If anybody begins to argue about their position or who was the "leader" it would be easy to break the group apart. Like I said before, the cause of the apocalypse is a factor, I know my parents farm would make a great place to stave off zombies.

A zombie apocalypse is even more intriguing. If you die, from anything you become a zombie right? So really, you're not searching for a cure, just something to allow you die. The same with surviving during a zombie outbreak, you can't live forever so you're just searching for a safe place to die and hopefully a few people who will prevent you from rising again. It's doubtful that re population could be successful simply because of the rate that children would have to be born and trained to defend themselves while zombie shamble about trying to tear everybody apart.

VampiricClown
03-13-2008, 06:40 PM
I have no faith in the powers that be and have already made contingencies for an apocalyptic situation.

I'm a "loner" but with a huge family contingency plan.

A good house in a small valley surrounded by tall mountains that could keep both radioactive fallout and an army of the undead at bay. We have food stores and a local lake that not only provides fish, but the rising humidity helps keep the radiation levels low,

That's what I'd do.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-13-2008, 08:03 PM
*resurrects*

I feel as though there are enough new people to dredge this up and make it interesting.

Also - I am bored.

So, back to the topic - You survived the apocalypse - NOW WHAT?

The more time I spend on this earth the more I realize that I feel very little obligation to the human race as a whole.

I would eat and conquer. Maybe live underground.

I am SO stealing your avatar as soon as you change it. :D

_____V_____
03-13-2008, 08:09 PM
I am SO stealing your avatar as soon as you change it. :D

Ahem...guess who made it for her earlier today in the first place.:cool:

http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33044&page=82

urgeok2
03-13-2008, 08:15 PM
You survived the apocalypse - NOW WHAT?

slowly rebuild some semblance of civilization, kill all the zombies, burn the bodies, eat canned food - hoard toilet paper, read - a lot.

Zero
03-14-2008, 04:39 PM
I would eat and conquer.

i would be eaten by chrono - - - -but enjoy every minute of it

:eek:

:D

Freak
03-14-2008, 07:51 PM
After givng it lots of thought I'd probably just band together with a small group of people maybe 3 or 4 but thats it.We would just roam the country trying to survive.I'd have to be the leader of course if not I'd strike out on my own.If I needed to my friends uncle has a under ground bunker thats pimped out.He's very paranoid and already has it stocked with plenty of canned goods and pretty much everything else you would need.I'd just set camp up there and go out every now and again to get supplies and such.

_____V_____
03-15-2008, 05:28 AM

The monkey has pitched a...banana!:D

ChronoGrl
03-15-2008, 08:00 AM

*prepares pallet for simian*

I'm with Freak. Not with him of course. My rival band of rogues would destroy yours and take over the pimped out shelter. :p

Actually, as far as apocalyptic movie endings go, I liked the ending of Diary of the Dead. I like the concept of being in a bunker, panic room, what have you with the parameters set up with discreet video cameras.

Though that opens you for siege attacks. Unless you have a significant arsenal, staying in one place might not be the best idea. Maybe daytime raids of the city, nighttime preparation for attacks.

Though I haven't decided whether or not I'm preparing myself for a zombie apocalypse or just regular-type (nuclear holocaust). With zombies, I'm a pretty poor shot, so I'm not sure sure that I would last very well as a shut-in. As for nuclear strike survivors, I could hit them anywhere and make them fall. Conceivably.

If you find a young mother/father with infant, what do you do? Help them out? Mind you, the infant would not aid to your hiding tactics. Aside from animals, they're pretty much the most dangerous thing to have in your bunker (unless its soundproof).

urgeok2
03-15-2008, 10:56 AM
If you find a young mother/father with infant, what do you do? Help them out?

absolutely

what's the point of existing if you've lost the few traits that makes you human ?

i'd rather die like a man than live like an animal.

(it may sound like some noble bullshit but i assure you - it's true)

Zero
03-15-2008, 11:53 AM
besides the infant might grow up to be a hot chick and provide good breeding stock!

fortunato
03-15-2008, 12:38 PM
absolutely

what's the point of existing if you've lost the few traits that makes you human ?

excellent point, though.

Despare
03-16-2008, 04:14 AM
besides the infant might grow up to be a hot chick and provide good breeding stock!

Funny you said that, Murderdoll had a thread about how attractive people are often more successful than uggos and I think that would apply here as well. Pretty ladies will be saved/rescued/protected waaaaaaay before the ugly ones.

ChronoGrl
03-17-2008, 04:35 PM
absolutely

Doesn't primal man shed the weak in order to survive?

Just playing devil's advocate.

urgeok2
03-18-2008, 01:04 AM
primal man was barely more than an animal.

most of the world has come a long way since then ..

i cant unlearn or unfeel what i have now.

to put it in real tearms (not zombies) look at the people who hid the persecuted jews in nazi germany to their peril.
sure - i guess you will still have those who fend only for themselves - but you'll have those that risk everything to help others.

_____V_____
03-18-2008, 01:43 AM
Hmm...it would depend on the sort of apocalypse I ll face, of course.

Zombies scenario : First instinct - survival. Get ahold of anything and everything which could help out in case of zombie (and melee) attacks. Stay out of sight for long periods of time and avoid the streets in populated areas. Desert-like areas left, then scavenging is primo uno. Any (all) survivors will need to band together (let's face it, one person against a horde of zombies is ultimately fighting severe odds, unless you are Superman) In case of in-group skirmishes and arguments, one zombie attack might prove enuff to solve that problem. Animals can actually prove to be more valuable than humans, in case they can be tamed. (Suggested Reference - World War Z by Max Brooks)

Disease scenario : Depending upon the kind of disease causing the Apocalypse (most likely air-borne or water-borne), gas-masks or related equipment, and closed-clothing of all kinds. Utmost care needed when dealing with food and drinking items. Quarantine laws to be observed within the survivor-group, and any signs of infection or contagion are to be dealt with immediately. (expulsion from the group, or eventual termination if needed) Avoid all contacts with animals and birds, as they could be possible carriers. Contagion could be inherent or internal too, so close watching of any/all survivors is most imperative, in case of recessive genes/hormones becoming suddenly dominant. (Suggested Reference - Agents of Apocalypse by Ken De Bevoise)

Starvation scenario : First and foremost, secure anything and everything related to food and drinking. Rationing of daily needs is imperative. Desert-like stretches of land will be dominant everywhere, so its pretty important to stay at a place which is close to a body of water, preferably a river, or ocean. In case of the abovesaid running dry (ergo a dry Earth everywhere), ground water reserves to be tapped and exploited. Possibility of epidemics is pretty high, so utmost care needed when dealing with water resources. Group cohesiveness, control and empathy are important traits for the survivors, else chances of making through are minimal. (Suggested Reference - African apocalypse: The continent burning into a desert, an article in The Independent)

Will do the War scenario soon.

Despare
03-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Hmm...it would depend on the sort of apocalypse I ll face, of course.

Zombies scenario : First instinct - survival. Get ahold of anything and everything which could help out in case of zombie (and melee) attacks. Stay out of sight for long periods of time and avoid the streets in populated areas. Desert-like areas left, then scavenging is primo uno. Any (all) survivors will need to band together (let's face it, one person against a horde of zombies is ultimately fighting severe odds, unless you are Superman) In case of in-group skirmishes and arguments, one zombie attack might prove enuff to solve that problem. Animals can actually prove to be more valuable than humans, in case they can be tamed. (Suggested Reference - World War Z by Max Brooks)

Disease scenario : Depending upon the kind of disease causing the Apocalypse (most likely air-borne or water-borne), gas-masks or related equipment, and closed-clothing of all kinds. Utmost care needed when dealing with food and drinking items. Quarantine laws to be observed within the survivor-group, and any signs of infection or contagion are to be dealt with immediately. (expulsion from the group, or eventual termination if needed) Avoid all contacts with animals and birds, as they could be possible carriers. Contagion could be inherent or internal too, so close watching of any/all survivors is most imperative, in case of recessive genes/hormones becoming suddenly dominant. (Suggested Reference - Agents of Apocalypse by Ken De Bevoise)

Starvation scenario : First and foremost, secure anything and everything related to food and drinking. Rationing of daily needs is imperative. Desert-like stretches of land will be dominant everywhere, so its pretty important to stay at a place which is close to a body of water, preferably a river, or ocean. In case of the abovesaid running dry (ergo a dry Earth everywhere), ground water reserves to be tapped and exploited. Possibility of epidemics is pretty high, so utmost care needed when dealing with water resources. Group cohesiveness, control and empathy are important traits for the survivors, else chances of making through are minimal. (Suggested Reference - African apocalypse: The continent burning into a desert, an article in The Independent)

Will do the War scenario soon.

Good list _V_, it always pays to know how to do a little bit of everything it seems. I'm glad I'm a pretty diverse a person who can fix basic machines, knows computers fairly well, and can even drive a shallow well in less than a day among other things.

_____V_____
03-18-2008, 06:33 AM
Good list _V_, it always pays to know how to do a little bit of everything it seems. I'm glad I'm a pretty diverse a person who can fix basic machines, knows computers fairly well, and can even drive a shallow well in less than a day among other things.

A jack-of-all-trades is more likely of making through such an outcome than specialists in certain fields. For example, what good will a computer genius do if he can't wield a gun in the needed moment?

A bit of knowhow about everything always helps.:cool:

urgeok2
03-18-2008, 06:39 AM
what good is a compter genius if there is no electricity :)

or no porn sites left to surf.

_____V_____
03-18-2008, 06:51 AM
what good is a compter genius if there is no electricity :)

or no porn sites left to surf.

Eh? He can always undress and make poses.

Babygurl20
01-14-2009, 08:39 PM
5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen
By David Wong, TE Sloth

#5.Brain Parasites

What are they?
Parasites that turn victims into mindless, zombie-like slaves are fairly common in nature. There's one called toxoplasmosa gondii that seems to devote its entire existence to being terrifying.

This bug infects rats, but can only breed inside the intestines of a cat. The parasite knows it needs to get the rat inside the cat (yes, we realize this sounds like the beginning of the most fucked-up Dr. Seuss poem ever) so the parasite takes over the rat's freaking brain, and intentionally makes it scurry toward where the cats hang out. The rat is being programmed to get itself eaten, and it doesn't even know.

Of course, those are just rats, right?

How it can result in zombies:
Hey, did we mention that half the human population on Earth is infected with toxoplasmosa, and don't know it? Hey, maybe you're one of them. Flip a coin.

Oh, also, they've done studies and shown that the infected see a change in their personality and have a higher chance of going batshit insane.

Chances this could cause a zombie apocalypse:
Humans and rats aren't all that different; thats why they use them to test our drugs. All it takes is a more evolved version of toxoplasmosa, one that could to do us what it does to the rats. So, imagine if half the world suddenly had no instinct for self-preservation or rational thought. Even less than they do now, we mean.

If you're comforting yourself with the thought that it may take forever for such a parasite to evolve, you're forgetting about all the biological weapons programs around the world, intentionally weaponizing such bugs. You've got to wonder if the lab workers don't carry out their work under the unwitting command of the toxoplasmosa gondii already in their brains. If you don't want to sleep at night, that is.

#4.Neurotoxins

What are they?
There are certain kinds of poisons that slow your bodily functions to the point that you'll be considered dead, even to a doctor (okay, maybe not to a good doctor). The poison from fugu (Japanese blowfish) can do this.

The victims can then be brought back under the effects of a drug like datura stramonium (or other chemicals called alkaloids) that leave them in a trance-like state with no memory, but still able to perform simple tasks like eating, sleeping, moaning and shambling around with their arms outstretched.

This stuff has happened in Haiti; that's where the word "zombie" comes from. There are books about it, the most famous ones by Dr. Wade Davis (Passage of Darkness and The Serpent and the Rainbow). Yes, the movie The Serpent and the Rainbow was based on this guy's actual science stuff. How much of it was fact? Well, there was that one scene where they strapped the guy naked to a chair and drove a huge spike through his balls. We're hoping that part wasn't true.

What is definitely true is the story of Clairvius Narcisse. He was a Haitian guy who was declared dead by two doctors and buried in 1962. They found him wandering around the village 18 years later. It turned out the local voodoo priests had been using naturally occurring chemicals to basically zombify people and putting them to work on the sugar plantations (no, really).

On the one hand, it's already fucking happened! So that earns it some street cred right off the bat. But, even if some evil genius intentionally distributed alkaloid toxins to a population to turn them into a shambling, mindless horde, there is no way to make these zombies aggressive or cannabalistic.

#3.The Real Rage Virus

What is it?
In the movie, it was a virus that turned human beings into mindless killing machines. In real life, we have a series of brain disorders that do the same thing. They were never contagious, of course. Then, Mad Cow Disease came along. It attacks the cow's spinal cord and brain, turning it into a stumbling, mindless attack cow.

And, when humans eat the meat ...

When Mad Cow gets in humans, they call it Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Check out the symptoms:

Changes in gait (walking)
Hallucinations
Lack of coordination (for example, stumbling and falling)
Muscle twitching
Myoclonic jerks or seizures
Rapidly developing delirium or dementia

Sure, the disease is rare (though maybe not as rare as we think) and the afflicted aren't known to chase after people in murderous mobs. Yet.

But, it proves widespread brain infections of the Rage variety are just a matter of waiting for the right disease to come along.

If the whole sudden, mindless violence idea seems far-fetched, remember that you are just one brain chemical (serotonin) away from turning into a mindless killing machine (they've tested it by putting rats in Deathmatch-style cages and watching them turn on each other). All it would take is a disease that destroys the brain's ability to absorb that one chemical and suddenly it's a real-world 28 Days Later.

So, imagine such an evolved disease, which we'll call Super Mad Cow (or, Madder Cow) getting a foothold through the food supply. Say this disease spreads through blood-on-blood contact, or saliva-on-blood contact. Now you have a Rage-type virus that can be transmitted with a bite.

#2.Neurogenesis

What is it?
You know all that conversy out there about stem cell research? Well, the whole thing with stem cells is that they can basically be used to re-generate dead cells. Particularly of interest to zombologists like ourselves is neurogenesis, the method by which they can re-grow dead brain tissue.

You can see where this is going.

You wanted the undead to make an appearance in this article? Well, here you go, you creepy bastards.

Science can pretty much save you from anything but brain death; they can swap out organs but when the brain turns to mush, you're gone. Right?

Well, not for long. They're already able to re-grow the brains of comatose head trauma patients until they wake up and walk around again.

Couple that with the new ability to keep a dead body in a state of suspended animation so that it can be brought back to life later, and soon we'll be able to bring back the dead, as long as we get to them quickly enough.

That sounds great, right? Well, this lab dedicated to "reanimation research" (yes, that's what they call it) explains how the process of "reanimating" a person creates a problem. It causes the brain to die off from the outside in. The outside being the cortex, the nice part of you that makes humans human. That just leaves the part that controls basic motor function and primitive instincts behind.

Reanimation research (artist's rendering)

You don't need the cortex to survive; all you need is the stem and you'll still be able to mindlessly walk and eat and enjoy Grey's Anatomy. This is how chickens can keep walking around after they've been beheaded (including one case where the chicken lived for 18 months without a head).

So, you take a brain dead patient, use these techniques to re-grow the brain stem, and you now have a mindless body shambling around, no thoughts and no personality, nothing but a cloud of base instincts and impulses.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what we like to call a real, live, undead fucking zombie. So there.

Think about it. Under every legal system in the world, all rights and responsibilities are terminated at death. All it takes is someone with resources and a need for a mindless workforce of totally obedient slave labor.

How long until somebody tries this? We're betting somebody in the world, maybe North Korea, will have a working zombie by Christmas.

#1.Nanobots

What are they?
Nanobots are a technology that science apparently engineered to make you terrified of the future. We're talking about microscopic, self-replicating robots that can invisbily build--or destroy--anything. Vast sums of money are being poured into nanotechnology. Sure, at some level scientists know nanobots will destroy mankind. They just can't resist seeing how it happens.

Scientists have already created a nano-cyborg, by fusing a tiny silicone chip to a virus. The first thing they found out is these cyborgs can still operate for up to a month after the death of the host. Notice how nano scientists went right for zombification, even at this early stage. They know where the horror is.

According to studies, within a decade they'll have nanobots that can crawl inside your brain and set up neural connections to replace damaged ones. That's right; the nanobots will be able to rewire your thoughts. What could possibly go wrong?

Some day there will be nanobots in your brain. Those nanobots will be programmed to keep functioning after you die. They can form their own neural pathways, meaning they can use your brain to keep operating your limbs after you've deceased and, presumably, right up until you rot to pieces in mid-stride.

The nanobots will be programmed to self-replicate, and the death of the host will mean the end of the nanobots. To preserve themselves, they'd need to transfer to a new host. Therefore, the last act of the nanobot zombie would be to bite a hole in a healthy victim, letting the nanobots steam in and set up camp in the new host. Once in, they can shut down the part of the brain that resists (the cortex) and leave the brain stem intact. They will have added a new member to the unholy army of the undead.

Science has proven it.

bwind22
01-14-2009, 08:46 PM
This is why everyone should own 'The Zombie Survival Guide'.

Freak
01-14-2009, 09:19 PM
This is why everyone should own 'The Zombie Survival Guide'.

Got my copy.

Babygurl20
01-14-2009, 09:26 PM
I've heard of this book, but don't actually own it. Where can it be purchased? eBay maybe or Amazon?:confused:

bwind22
01-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Ebay, Amazon or your local book store. It's fairly common and widely published.

stubbornforgey
01-15-2009, 10:28 AM
zombies do exist already..!!!
I saw one yesterday ..I swear !!

The Mothman
01-15-2009, 11:12 AM
If there was a zombie apocalypse I would be stoked....as long as they weren't those fast zombies.

stubbornforgey
01-15-2009, 11:31 AM
If there was a zombie apocalypse I would be stoked....as long as they weren't those fast zombies.

Fast..slow.
anyone of those would do me just fine.
I would just jackie chan thier sorry asses.

ferretchucker
01-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Take loads of radiation then hand yourself over to the zombies. Maybe you become some kind of superzombie. Or a zombie wih cancer...

DeVuL
01-15-2009, 01:20 PM

If it's them fuckin' nano-bots, they'll be fast.... I hate technology.. hopefully I'll be dead before all this happens...

if not, the boyfriend and I are ready... we've been talking about a zombie apocalypse for the last 4 years... we have a set plan for when this shit hits the fan...

Azazel005
01-16-2009, 05:20 AM
In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse video have taught me well enoguh that I can't shoot accurately for shit and I am likely to be killed by some retarded zombie shambling slowy yet at a slight angle and I will run out of amm before I scratch it...

I assume I will be turned into a Zombie and raise in zombie like status till I rule all zombies with an iron fist and using the knowledge stolen from your petty "guide" to usher you into a new age of brain eating utopia.

Deimos
03-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Do your prepare for the end? Have you every prepared for the worst? If you began seeing unusual reports on the local news of attacks or riots near your area resulting in mass murder and mutilation, would you be ready? I got to thinking of this after reading Max Brooks: Zombie Survival Guide and was wondering what you guys would do if the dead started to rise. Would you be ready or end up as Zombie chow. I guess the checklist would go something like this:

1. Where would your safe house/haven be?
2. What Weapons would you use/depend on. Silent or violent?
3. Would you batten down the hatches or bug out?
4. What would you eat/drink to survive?
5. How long could you last on what you have?
6. Who would you have to protect or are you on your own?
7. What would your environment be like to survive in, do you live in warm or harsh conditions?

What will you do?

fiend_skull
03-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Me and my friends talk about this regularly and we have a game plan set up. My friend Alex is the gun guy of our group and knows the difference between strong enough and excessive.

Concrete dome house located out in Redwing (there are three contractors in the state who builds those). If I didn't have time to prepare, I would head over to my friend Alex's place and we would head off to his Cabin.

Guns, there is no chance if you try to fight close range, so just use a good gun and you should be set.

I stay where I feel safest and only travel out if it is completely necessary.

Not sure what I would sto pshort of, but survival is survival.

Well my friend's cabin is pretty well stocked and it isn't too far from his hunting spot. So quite a while.

Strength in numbers, going it alone would only serve to get you killed quickly.

7. What would your environment be like to survive in, do you live in warm or harsh conditions?
Its like 6 months of winter here, but the rest of the year is pretty nice.

Deimos
03-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Me and my friends talk about this regularly and we have a game plan set up. My friend Alex is the gun guy of our group and knows the difference between strong enough and excessive.

Concrete dome house located out in Redwing (there are three contractors in the state who builds those). If I didn't have time to prepare, I would head over to my friend Alex's place and we would head off to his Cabin.

Guns, there is no chance if you try to fight close range, so just use a good gun and you should be set.

I stay where I feel safest and only travel out if it is completely necessary.

Not sure what I would sto pshort of, but survival is survival.

Well my friend's cabin is pretty well stocked and it isn't too far from his hunting spot. So quite a while.

Strength in numbers, going it alone would only serve to get you killed quickly.

Its like 6 months of winter here, but the rest of the year is pretty nice.

Awesome, thanks for the input. It's cold here for 6 months also in the -46, -50 range to +35 in the summer.

milktoaste
03-21-2010, 08:57 PM
ok, I'll go there.

I would stick north, already live in whats regaurded as tundra so i wouldn't have to travel far. Stay low for a maximum of 5 months because all zombies would freeze without blood circulation or warmth in the winter.

Zombie popsicles, not so scary. Case closed.

Deimos
03-22-2010, 08:23 PM
ok, I'll go there.

I would stick north, already live in whats regaurded as tundra so i wouldn't have to travel far. Stay low for a maximum of 5 months because all zombies would freeze without blood circulation or warmth in the winter.

Zombie popsicles, not so scary. Case closed.

Shattering zombiecicles.