PDA

View Full Version : God of War

CryptKeeper13
04-11-2007, 02:56 PM
I know this isn't exactly horror oriented, but the game is filled with tons of gore and creatures from Hade's. I loved both of the games they have out right now and I think they deserved a thread. Anybody else play them? Also what were your most frustrating parts? For me it was in the first one when you are at the Challenge of Hades and and walking on those boards with the swinging blades.... first time through it took me forever:mad: but the second time through on God Mode I got through on the first try.

VampiricClown
04-11-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm playing through the first one right now. My friend Kat lent me her copy.

stubbornforgey
04-12-2007, 07:06 PM
I know this isn't exactly horror oriented, but the game is filled with tons of gore and creatures from Hade's. I loved both of the games they have out right now and I think they deserved a thread. Anybody else play them? Also what were your most frustrating parts? For me it was in the first one when you are at the Challenge of Hades and and walking on those boards with the swinging blades.... first time through it took me forever:mad: but the second time through on God Mode I got through on the first try.

haven't quite had the pleasure yet but have heard quite alot about this game.

CryptKeeper13
04-12-2007, 07:07 PM
It's so great.....:)

JimJohnJuke
04-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Yes that part with the beams and swinging blades pissed me off quite a bit too, but another part that made me mad was when you had to save the oracle that sucked some big ol' donkey balls.

ZombieKiller
04-19-2007, 06:19 AM
This is a killer series. I have personally beat the crap out of both games!

Phalanx
04-21-2007, 09:23 PM
I got this on ps2...dunno if it made it to any other formats...
But, holy fuck what a KICKMUTHAFUCKIN'ASS game!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It works a little like the LOTR games in terms of battle sequences but IMO a shitload better...you're not completely innundated with enemies, so you can clearly see what's going on, but there's no shortage either.
The storyline is quite decent so far, graphically it's excellent, the scenery (at least for the first stage) "feels" very real, and the music and ambient sound is allllll good.
The bosses? Not stupid...there's ways to beat them that you have to figure out, not complex...but there's more to it than just hacking away at them, just how I like it, the first major battle with the hydra is fucking intense.
The combat in general is gonna be a treat for anyone who likes a real chunky fight...there are SO many different things you can do while fighting, bodyslams, grabs and throws, and ripping people in half never gets old. This game is bloody and viscious....so, so, so, so, so good.
I would reccomend this to anyone that's after a good, solid action title.

I agree with this post I made forever ago.
Haven't played the second one yet.
My one problem with the first one was the swimming scenes...but then, I never like swimming scenes in games really.
Remains one of the best action games I've ever played, and I look foward to the sequel, but I'm not paying what they're charging for it right now.

crippler666
04-25-2007, 04:46 PM
The 2nd game is awesome, good graphics for a PS2 game (considering its age). Alot harder, with more variety of puzzles and combos.

With a promise of a PS3 game and talk of a movie. I can't wait.

deathrider
05-24-2007, 03:52 AM
First things first, Kratos is one bad-ass motherfucker!

I'v beaten through both of these gmes and I beleive that they are the bast games to be released on the PS2 in a long time. Some of the death moves are fatastic (like forcing the Blades of Chaos down minataurs throats), and some of the characters, like the collossus, Atlas and Aries, are so huge that its kinda overwhelming. The visuals are great and the violence is harecore.

To anybody who has not played either of the God of War, I'd highly reccomend them.

Dante'sInferno
05-24-2007, 08:18 AM
First things first, Kratos is one bad-ass motherfucker!

I'v beaten through both of these gmes and I beleive that they are the bast games to be released on the PS2 in a long time. Some of the death moves are fatastic (like forcing the Blades of Chaos down minataurs throats), and some of the characters, like the collossus, Atlas and Aries, are so huge that its kinda overwhelming. The visuals are great and the violence is harecore.

To anybody who has not played either of the God of War, I'd highly reccomend them.Dante's better.

deathrider
05-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Dante's better.

Oooooh, that is a bold statement. I'm a big Devil May Cry fan but I honestly can't decide who i think would win in a fight (to the death.... of course) between Kratos and Dante.
Both of these characters are hard-asses, and both of them have kicked the shit out of countless demons. Dante has the advantage of modern-day weapons (shotguns, grenade launchers, etc) and has a cool (and often very cheesey) attitude, but Kratos has magic bestowed onto him by both god and titans. Mix Kratos' magic with his unearthly rage and infinite anger and you are in for one hell of a fucking fight!

I really can't decide........

Dante'sInferno
05-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Oooooh, that is a bold statement. I'm a big Devil May Cry fan but I honestly can't decide who i think would win in a fight (to the death.... of course) between Kratos and Dante.
Both of these characters are hard-asses, and both of them have kicked the shit out of countless demons. Dante has the advantage of modern-day weapons (shotguns, grenade launchers, etc) and has a cool (and often very cheesey) attitude, but Kratos has magic bestowed onto him by both god and titans. Mix Kratos' magic with his unearthly rage and infinite anger and you are in for one hell of a fucking fight!

I really can't decide........I think this will help you decide.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=65s3dMKzMqc

deathrider
05-24-2007, 08:51 PM
It's nothing that I havnt seen before (taken from level 2 or 3 of the original DMC if my memory serves me correctly). Dante may have harnessed the power of Alister(and Ifrit later in the game), but Kratos did kick the shit out of the Aries (aka the god of war).

Sorry dude, but this video doesn't narrow down the fight between Dante and Kratos at all.

Dante'sInferno
05-24-2007, 08:54 PM
It's nothing that I havnt seen before (taken from level 2 or 3 of the original DMC if my memory serves me correctly). Dante may have harnessed the power of Alister(and Ifrit later in the game), but Kratos did kick the shit out of the Aries (aka the god of war).

Sorry dude, but this video doesn't narrow down the fight between Dante and Kratos at all.You do realize he schooled mundas(satan) ass 3 times right?So their pretty equal i guess.I don't know,that would be a good fight.

deathrider
05-24-2007, 09:06 PM
True, Dante did knock seven shades of satanic goodness out of Mundas' sorry ass. One way or another it would be a hell of a fucking fight!

Dante'sInferno
05-24-2007, 09:15 PM
This is cool.http://youtube.com/watch?v=oskw8aGIFk0

deathrider
05-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Nevan could be the most cheesy weapon in video game history (if not then it is certainly in the running for second place), but it was mighty cool.
My favourite weapon from DMC3 was the 3-handed knunchucks that you accuire from the ice-cerburres in the early stages of the game.
Devil May Cry 3 was the best in the trilogy, by far.

Dante'sInferno
05-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Nevan could be the most cheesy weapon in video game history (if not then it is certainly in the running for second place), but it was mighty cool.
My favourite weapon from DMC3 was the 3-handed knunchucks that you accuire from the ice-cerburres in the early stages of the game.
Devil May Cry 3 was the best in the trilogy, by far.I agree.Devil may cry 4 can only get better.

deathrider
05-24-2007, 09:51 PM
I've heard that you don't get to play as Dante in DMC4, instead you play as Vergil. If this is true then it will put a major downer on the game, because Dante has been the lifeblood of this series since DMC1.

Dante'sInferno
05-24-2007, 09:54 PM
I've heard that you don't get to play as Dante in DMC4, instead you play as Vergil. If this is true then it will put a major downer on the game, because Dante has been the lifeblood of this series since DMC1.No,you play as Nero.Dante is playable in the game though.I think he's the main villian.

deathrider
05-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Hhhhmmm, that's an interesting twist. Either way, it should be a great game.

Phalanx
05-24-2007, 11:42 PM
For fucks sake...I wonder how many people actually had a look at the thread title...in case you missed it, here
GOD
OF
WAR
So please, if you have to indulge in your near gay obsessions for a videogame character that's arguably one of the most effeminate lookin' characters ever, just make another thread, hm?
Devil May Cry was a fine game, not insulting it in any way...having played both my personal preference lies with G.O.W, but they're both completely different types of game, which in my opinion as good a reason as any NOT to compare them...it's called thread derailment, and you'd probably get the shits if someone jacked your DMC thread like this.

No hard feelings, I just see this happen a lot around here...obviously you guys think it's worthy of it's own thread, so, go to it.

RE: The god of war thing...I've not yet played the second one...probably grabbing it pretty soon, I was set to, but got sidetracked...all the same, hows the quality? In which ways does it improve upon the original?
Also...I've heard that there's a PSP god of war game "chains of olympus" coming out, set before the events of the first game, and partiallyt prior to the point he was even an instrument of the gods. Seems like that there'd be some cool storyline potential there. Only problem, not everyone has a PSP. I hope they port this one over the ps2/3 as they did with the GTA side-story games that were originally on psp. It seems as though god of war has become a big enough franchise to warrant the port in this case being a good idea...what do you guys think? will it make it?
Really don't wanna buy a psp, but hell, if ever there WAS a game to buy it for, this here'd come close.

Dante'sInferno
05-24-2007, 11:49 PM
For fucks sake...I wonder how many people actually had a look at the thread title...in case you missed it, here
GOD
OF
WAR
So please, if you have to indulge in your near gay obsessions for a videogame character that's arguably one of the most effeminate lookin' characters ever, just make another thread, hm?
Devil May Cry was a fine game, not insulting it in any way...having played both my personal preference lies with G.O.W, but they're both completely different types of game, which in my opinion as good a reason as any NOT to compare them...it's called thread derailment, and you'd probably get the shits if someone jacked your DMC thread like this.

No hard feelings, I just see this happen a lot around here...obviously you guys think it's worthy of it's own thread, so, go to it.

RE: The god of war thing...I've not yet played the second one...probably grabbing it pretty soon, I was set to, but got sidetracked...all the same, hows the quality? In which ways does it improve upon the original?
Also...I've heard that there's a PSP god of war game "chains of olympus" coming out, set before the events of the first game, and partiallyt prior to the point he was even an instrument of the gods. Seems like that there'd be some cool storyline potential there. Only problem, not everyone has a PSP. I hope they port this one over the ps2/3 as they did with the GTA side-story games that were originally on psp. It seems as though god of war has become a big enough franchise to warrant the port in this case being a good idea...what do you guys think? will it make it?
Really don't wanna buy a psp, but hell, if ever there WAS a game to buy it for, this here'd come close.Actually i wouldnt care.Biut i wanted to buy god of war 2 is it better then the original?Oh,I would buy the PSP for that game if they released it.

Phalanx
05-25-2007, 04:01 AM
HA, re-reading my last post seems like you mighta got me on one of my angry days, dante...nothing personal yeah? It's not like I'm with the thread integrity commision or some shit right? I feel kinda like I didn't much have a reason to step in and have a go at you guys...anyways, yeah...that'll happen with me sometimes so don't take this kinda shit from me to heart. Thanks for taking it easier about it than I woulda'.

Anyways yeah...the psp thing, I hate to say it, but if there were no other option, I am a big enough fan of the series (well, first, and what I've seen of the second) to actually buy a psp, if only for this...if there's no other way.
GOW2 Looks prettier (but not a whole lot) than #1, faster, and with a larger variety of things to do. Combat looks largely the same, although there seems to be more things you can use your bladechain things for, grappling, swinging etc...It looks very good, and from what I've read there's more enemies, it's a longer game, and combat has been expanded upon slightly.

Dante'sInferno
05-25-2007, 08:37 AM
HA, re-reading my last post seems like you mighta got me on one of my angry days, dante...nothing personal yeah? It's not like I'm with the thread integrity commision or some shit right? I feel kinda like I didn't much have a reason to step in and have a go at you guys...anyways, yeah...that'll happen with me sometimes so don't take this kinda shit from me to heart. Thanks for taking it easier about it than I woulda'.

Anyways yeah...the psp thing, I hate to say it, but if there were no other option, I am a big enough fan of the series (well, first, and what I've seen of the second) to actually buy a psp, if only for this...if there's no other way.
GOW2 Looks prettier (but not a whole lot) than #1, faster, and with a larger variety of things to do. Combat looks largely the same, although there seems to be more things you can use your bladechain things for, grappling, swinging etc...It looks very good, and from what I've read there's more enemies, it's a longer game, and combat has been expanded upon slightly.Yeah,it's fine,i sesned you were having a bad day.So i didnt want to make it any worse.But fighting is pointless anyway,so is getting mad.But thanks alot.Ill look into it.

CryptKeeper13
05-25-2007, 09:15 AM
I've beat both God Of War and God Of War II they are both amazing. Id give the slight edge for storyline purposes to the first one but other than that GOWII is a lot better. They have expanded on the gameplay quite a bit with a new element of gliding and flying on a horse (pegasus I believe). And yes, the graphics are even better one of the best I've seen for PS2. I liked the magic a bit better in the first one, but the magic in the second is pretty cool none the less. Although has anyone heard anything else about the PSP game? Thats crazy I hadn't heard a thing. And as far as Devil May Cry goes I've only beat the first I'm assuming you lot would reccomend the other 2 as well?

Dante'sInferno
05-25-2007, 09:18 AM
I've beat both God Of War and God Of War II they are both amazing. Id give the slight edge for storyline purposes to the first one but other than that GOWII is a lot better. They have expanded on the gameplay quite a bit with a new element of gliding and flying on a horse (pegasus I believe). And yes, the graphics are even better one of the best I've seen for PS2. I liked the magic a bit better in the first one, but the magic in the second is pretty cool none the less. Although has anyone heard anything else about the PSP game? Thats crazy I hadn't heard a thing. And as far as Devil May Cry goes I've only beat the first I'm assuming you lot would reccomend the other 2 as well?Sure therye all great.All must haves for a gamer.