PDA

View Full Version : Director Bob Clark dead

crabapple
04-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Sorry to announce that director Bob Clark (of "A Christmas Story," "Black Christmas" and "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things") and his son have died in a car accident.

From Associated Press:

LOS ANGELES -- Film director Robert Clark, best known for the beloved holiday classic "A Christmas Story," and his son were killed Wednesday in a car wreck, the filmmaker's assistant and police said.

Clark, 67, and son Ariel Hanrath-Clark, 22, were killed in the accident in Pacific Palisades, said Lyne Leavy, Clark's personal assistant.

The two men were in an Infiniti that collided head-on with a GMC Yukon around 2:30 a.m. PST, said Lt. Paul Vernon, a police spokesman. The driver of the other car was under the influence of alcohol and was driving without a license, Vernon said.

The driver, Hector Velazquez-Nava, 24, of Los Angeles, remained hospitalized and will be booked for investigation of gross vehicular manslaughter after being treated, Vernon said. A female passenger in his car also was taken to the hospital with minor injuries, police said.

Posher778
04-04-2007, 04:11 PM
That's too bad. I never was a big fan, but that's still sad.

Despare
04-04-2007, 04:12 PM
A Christmas Story, Black Christmas, Porky's, Loose Cannons... he had some good stuff. I wonder if somebody else will take over the Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things remake he was directing...

Roderick Usher
04-04-2007, 04:24 PM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32155

I met the man less than 4 months ago. He was vital and funny and still very excited about making movies. It is a terrible, terrible loss.

CryptKeeper13
04-04-2007, 04:40 PM
I loved that guy... this just sucks

Spec7ral
04-04-2007, 08:30 PM
just popped in to give a shout out in this thread. figured it would already be up. fucking shitty that hes dead, he is responsible for alot of good things in movies, not just horror alone. I'll drink to him this eve.

AsylumSeeker
04-04-2007, 09:19 PM
This is a sad day. God speed Bob.

bwind22
04-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Bummer. He gave us a LOT of good movies to remember him by though. A Christmas Story is a holiday classic forever!

bwind22
04-05-2007, 12:39 AM
I got to see it as a child in the theater and it now is a big part of my families christmas.We own it on dvd and also watch that one channel that shows it 24 hours straight every christmas.I also enjoyed the sequel, I do not recall the name but it was narrated by the same person and had the same family.I am pretty sure it was made in the 90's and had a different cast.

I knew it as 'My Summer Story' but I just found it on imdb.com & they are calling it 'It Runs in the Family' nowadays. ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110168/ ) I don't remember it being anywhere close to as good as A Christmas Story, but I've only seen it once.

yourlastmistake
04-05-2007, 03:22 AM
Another life snuffed out by a drunk driver, very sad indeed. While I haven't seen all of his work I am a fan of his zombie movie Dead of Night. R.I.P Bob Clark and son Ariel.

swiss tony
04-05-2007, 04:00 AM
i've been waiting for the right time to watch the copy of black christmas i recently ordered. fairly soon is probably the right time. another selfish cunt drunk driver causing a double tragedy. castration is too kind...