PDA

View Full Version : Romero Zombie Dreams.

crabapple
03-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Well, I guess you would call such a thing a nightmare. But seriously: Who has had really vivid and horrifying zombie dreams that are basically the George Romero movies? I remember even back in the 80's talking to friends who had had so-called "Zombie Dreams"...and they always come after you and get you. Well most of the time.

I can remember having at least two or three, and they were like scenes in "Dawn of the Dead," only much more vivid and scary because I was a character in them and I had to fight off zombies. Seemed really real!

I've heard of so many people having dreams like this that I have become convinced that Romero really hit a nerve with his movies!

AsylumSeeker
03-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Dawn of the Dead really hit me. I watched the remake after I had become a mom and I kept having nightmares about the opening scene where she has to kill her kid. I don't know of anything more horrific. I even had one about protecting myself, killing my son and husband, then finding out that there was a cure and going through the guilt of not having somehow figured out how to subdue him until the cure came through. After Shaun of the Dead, I've decided I would somehow get him in a cage and play video games with him until there was hope.

crabapple
03-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Very frightening dreams there!

I remember one of these dreams, I was Peter and I had to kill the zombified Stephen, or something like that, and the zombie was just walking towards me, and I was throwing stuff at him but nothing was working. Zombies, you know, they stay focused and just keep shuffling forward.

And another dream I remember was when I was in high school, I dreamed I was walking up to the school and I noticed there were 3 or 4 zombies roaming around in the fenced-off track/playground area. I went right up to the fence because I could see the zombies were far away, and I figured the fence was some protection anyway. And suddenly something shifted and they were instantly much closer to the fence and started reaching through it and grabbing my shirt (zombies have skinny beef-jerky arms). That was enough and it ended up waking me up!

AsylumSeeker
03-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Oh man! That would short me some sleep for sure. Most of the dreams I've had about the old school, slow moving zombies are more the fact that you can never rest. You can get away fairly easy by running, but you can never stop because they don't. They just keep coming. Not to mention, how many of your loved ones, friends, neighbors could you kill without getting to the point where you are so tired and in shock that you wouldn't just want to give in and be done with it. I've had some where I killed myself to keep from becoming one of them because there was no way out.

Riff
04-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Oh man! That would short me some sleep for sure. Most of the dreams I've had about the old school, slow moving zombies are more the fact that you can never rest. You can get away fairly easy by running, but you can never stop because they don't. They just keep coming. Not to mention, how many of your loved ones, friends, neighbors could you kill without getting to the point where you are so tired and in shock that you wouldn't just want to give in and be done with it. I've had some where I killed myself to keep from becoming one of them because there was no way out.

That raises the big question... off yourself, or become a zombie?

AsylumSeeker
04-01-2007, 08:36 PM
That raises the big question... off yourself, or become a zombie?

I'd fight like hell, first, but if there was no avoiding it...I'd save one bullet for myself and make sure I didn't hurt anyone I loved.

And if you make some smartaleck remark about me being a zombie on my meds and getting with the shooting I'm going to whack you.

stubbornforgey
04-01-2007, 09:40 PM
i have never dreamt zombie horror
but have done the slasher thing..
right up to the point where the killer runs the blade
through his lips as he's licking off the blood '

creepy shit'

bloody_ribcut
04-01-2007, 11:25 PM
i remember this one dream where i woke up and the world was dead, it was greyish and ashed.
i stumbled around till i found a large group of people standing in front on my old high school, and there was my family already safe.
'
why the hell didnt they wake me up ?

anyways, we were standing there with cops armed securing the perimiter when a zombie out of no where bit a cops arm.
everyone started screaming and running everywhere, and there was a crap load of zombies.i was probably killed.

i woke up , this was a good dream.after my mother stopped bugging me, i tried to lay down again and get back into it.:( i couldnt.

ferretchucker
04-02-2007, 03:40 AM
I once had a dream which consisted of several hundred zombies and me in a small house. It ended with mewatching them eat me alive. I work up sweating all over and clutching my stoumach. The worst thing about dreams is you have barely any control of when you wake up, which can make you think they're real for sure and then it has been knon of some peoples bodies to shut themselves off, thinking they're dead.

crabapple
04-02-2007, 05:22 AM
I think that Ferret's dream, for its simplicity and horror content, should get some kind of thread-prize! Pretty messed up there, Ferret! Yeesh! Zombies, they creep me out. I love zombies.

ferretchucker
04-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I think that Ferret's dream, for its simplicity and horror content, should get some kind of thread-prize! Pretty messed up there, Ferret! Yeesh! Zombies, they creep me out. I love zombies.

three seconds to imagine but seemed to last hours.

I hd another one. You know those ones where everything s blurred and you keep falling over. Suddenly you get your sight back but you blink and it's gone again.