PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Blind Buys

bloodrayne
03-16-2007, 11:35 AM
We've been at Blockbuster the past few nights picking up some of their 4 for $20 DVDs, and we needed a few to make up the '4' at different times...So...

We picked up a movie called 'Are You Scared?'...We had never heard of it before...

http://imdb.com/title/tt0845955/ <----WATCH THIS MOVIE!

We just watched it...It's an excellent Saw/Seven rip-off...If you guys liked Saw, you should DEFINITELY watch this movie...There are some really good kills in it

One of my all-time best blind buys (until THIS movie) was Dead End...Bolt Neck, The Curve and Office Killer were also some blind buys that I picked up a few years ago, and they turned out to be great

Have you guys got any that you picked up just for the hell of it, and they turned out to be really good?

crabapple
03-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Okay, it scares me that you have a copy of Bolt Neck!

Fave blind buys have been: S Club 7 in Miami VHS, Halloween Collector's Ed VHS, mmmmm.....Ketchup Vampires, Shaun of the Dead, AVP, The Day It Came To Earth, The Slime People, uhhhhhhh.......Escape from L.A., Hysterical, Monster Mash The Movie.

bloodrayne
03-16-2007, 11:45 AM
so when are you getting ghost house and death tunnal blood rayne ?I got Ghosthouse a long time ago, and it was definitely NOT a blind buy, I had been wanting it for a long time...Death Tunnel should be here soon

bloody_ribcut
03-16-2007, 11:59 AM
i bought freak out blind from best buy. it's good(to me)

i dont go to blockbuster, i go to hollywood video.
this is a list of my blind buys i dont recommend....
unless you collect horror dvd's good and bad...

Haunted House...havent seen it,but it's through the Asylum Entertainment. so you know it's bad...

Hide and Creep...cheesy homemade red neck and zombie flick.
i didnt even find it intertaining while i was wasted.

The Gingerdead Man...was better then the two above, only because gary busey.

Satans Little Helper....has it's moments, blood was mentioned once or twice..

Vampiyaz....if you like horror films with a hip-hop/rap theme, this is one. just to bad it wasnt a good one. low budget, poor acting,STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE
but i have it for my archives.

Death 4 Told....tom savini,and if i had to pick a favorite Asylum Entertainment film, it would be this one. still it's not a great..

bloodrayne
03-16-2007, 12:30 PM
i bought freak out blind from best buy. it's good(to me)

i dont go to blockbuster, i go to hollywood video.
this is a list of my blind buys i dont recommend....
unless you collect horror dvd's good and bad...

Haunted House...havent seen it,but it's through the Asylum Entertainment. so you know it's bad...

Oh, I actually like a lot of Asylum's movies (I own all of the ones I'll mention here)......King Of The Ants, Frankenstein Reborn and I, Zombie are great...Detour and Death Valley: The Revenge of Bloody Bill aren't too bad...Scarecrow and Scarecrow Slayer weren't ALL that bad...Legion Of The Dead was terrible, but the premise could have made it into something good, they just failed...BADLY...Overall, that's a pretty good track record...Much better than Full Moon's turned out to be...

I'm looking forward to seeing When A Killer Calls (that one's still too expensive), Hillside Cannibals, and Asylum's version of War Of The Worlds...I haven't been able to locate those last 2 yet...We bought The Fanglys, but we haven't watched it yet, it looks like it might be pretty good

And now I'll be checking out that 'Haunted House'...Thanks :)

bloody_ribcut
03-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Oh, I actually like a lot of Asylum's movies ...Legion Of The Dead was terrible..And now I'll be checking out that 'Haunted House'...Thanks :)

your welcom...i saw Legion of the Dead at hollywood but never grabbed it,....
Death 4 Told and Hide and Creep are also Asylum if you beheaded that direction....dont say i didnt warn you....

The STE
03-16-2007, 12:38 PM
I've never gotten burned on a blind buy. Of course, I generally blind buy stuff like Training Day or The Usual Suspects, but I blind bought The Descent, and that was really good. And I got a Jungle Horrors set with stuff like Jungle Holocaust and Eaten Alive, and that...well, it is what it is, but they're better than The Beyond at least.

bloody_ribcut
03-16-2007, 01:22 PM
i bought dead and breakfast.... willard..and evil breed(just because jenna jameson)blindly... and like what i got.

bloodrayne
03-16-2007, 01:30 PM
i bought dead and breakfast.... willard..and evil breed(just because jenna jameson)blindly... and like what i got.If you like Dead And Breakfast, you should watch Undead

bloody_ribcut
03-16-2007, 01:42 PM
If you like Dead And Breakfast, you should watch Undead

i'll look,
cant e-bay things cuz i dont credit card, do you think it's at best buy?..

bloodrayne
03-16-2007, 01:45 PM
i'll look,
cant e-bay things cuz i dont credit card, do you think it's at best buy?..
Oh, I honestly don't know...I bought mine at Blockbuster, but it's been a while

The STE
03-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Another great blind purchase: Kaïro, which I got on Ebay.

Marley's Ghost
03-16-2007, 04:52 PM
An awesome Blind buy
By myself from the store
Kept the sun from my eyes
In my bedroom where I snore

http://www.bestblinds.com/product_images/mini-blinds-large.jpg

Despare
03-16-2007, 04:57 PM
How To Kill Your Neighbor's Dog

Nothing like the title suggests but it's a wonderful movie.

Crippled Masters... now THAT one kicked ass. Two actors, one with no arms and one with no legs, working together in a kun-fu revenge film. Disturbing and fun as hell.

Posher778
03-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Man on Fire I guess...

crabapple
03-16-2007, 05:53 PM
RODENTZ

with a Z!

Disease
03-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Babyblood was a pretty good one for me.

crabapple
03-17-2007, 03:34 AM
I forgot one of my favorite blind buys...NAPOLEON DYNAMITE.

A good number of people had been recommending it, nice friendly people, for the most part, and I understood it was very funny. I was checking it out in the video store, and noticed that it was rated PG; and at that point I got a good feeling about it and bought it, figuring that if it was rated PG and so many people found it funny, then there must be something genuinely funny about it.

stubbornforgey
03-17-2007, 03:36 AM
:o

Salems lot

crabapple
03-17-2007, 03:40 AM
Huh! Salem's Lot, that scared me good when I saw it the first time on TV. That awful vampire hissing and spitting! He was a scary sucker!

crabapple
03-17-2007, 03:48 AM
Oh jeeeeez! Now I'm remembering several things I would never have seen had I not grabbed them from the 50 cent pile years ago!

Curtis Harrington's RUBY...freaking awesome, if somewhat illogical, ghost story. I found this cheap tape in a K-Mart, and it was a TV print so badly cut that you couldn't tell what was happening most of the time, but the movie still had lots of atmosphere.

The Senta Berger Italian caveman comedy WHEN WOMEN LOST THEIR TAILS......I love a good stupid-ass movie pretty much anytime. Oh my freaking GOD, this one is amazingly, unbelievably stupid!!!!! And it's really funny too! If you haven't seen this, I recommend it...it's very hard to describe but I assure you it is very stupid so most of the people on this board will like it

Posher778
03-17-2007, 07:29 AM
Uh. the Cd for The Shins was a cool blind buy.

Disease
03-17-2007, 07:36 AM
They are pretty lame one of my mates friends likes them , sends me to sleep almost.

bloodrayne
03-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Curtis Harrington's RUBY...freaking awesome, if somewhat illogical, ghost story. I found this cheap tape in a K-Mart, and it was a TV print so badly cut that you couldn't tell what was happening most of the time, but the movie still had lots of atmosphere.
I have this one...I bought it (and NOT cheap because I really wanted it)because I had seen it when I was little and I remembered it being kinda creepy...Unfortunately, the parts that REALLY stood out for me (the blind guy's eyeballs in the jar, and the skeleton laughing, with his organs and brain visible as he pulled the woman under water at the end) were cut out from the copy I bought...I was VERY disappointed

bloody_ribcut
03-17-2007, 09:20 AM
I have this one...I bought it (and NOT cheap because I really wanted it)because I had seen it when I was little and I remembered it being kinda creepy...Unfortunately, the parts that REALLY stood out for me (the blind guy's eyeballs in the jar, and the skeleton laughing, with his organs and brain visible as he pulled the woman under water at the end) were cut out from the copy I bought...I was VERY disappointed

thats why i always look for unrated

paws the great
03-17-2007, 09:24 AM

Did you buy the DVD of Ruby?

I have it on DVD,but I haven't watched it yet.

Miss Olivia
03-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Tromeo and Juliet. I
liked it more because I was ready for it to be terrible. And it was definitely Troma, but it was also a good spin on an old story. Pleasant suprise.

crabapple
03-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Yep, that sounds like the "Ruby" I originally bought. (If it's the same TV print, the director's credit is missing from the opening titles. The producer's name is the last name you see...) I knew the damn thing was cut to shreds, because there was a jump every time the ghost attacked someone!

Eventually I saw an uncut version and was surprised because it is a fairly gory, gory ghost movie!

It came out on DVD a couple of years ago, and I found it in a Suncoast store for 10 dollars and grabbed it.........nice, nice version of the film. Commentary with Harrington and Piper Laurie. You may be surprised to find that the skeleton just had some weeds floating around it, though. It wasn't a gory skeleton, just a plain white one.

Posher778
03-17-2007, 09:34 AM
They are pretty lame one of my mates friends likes them , sends me to sleep almost.

Hey hey hey... shut it!:rolleyes:

Disease
03-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Uh. the Cd for The Shins was a cool blind buy.

Are they gay or what?

Posher778
03-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Are they gay or what?

I like the SHINS!